GATE Academy has released GATE 2020 paper analysis for Instrumentation Engineering. GATE 2020 IN paper was held today, February 01, 2020. Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi conducted the exam in online mode, from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm. As per the students, the paper was easy to moderate in difficulty level. For detailed GATE 2020 exam analysis for IN, keep reading!
GATE 2020 Exam Analysis for Instrumentation (IN)
In the paper of IN there are 2 types of questions asked in the exam that are NATs and MCQs.
GATE paper: Instrumentation Engineering (IN)
Date of exam: 01 Feb 2020
Paper Analysis available for: Session 1
GATE 2020 IN Exam Analysis by GATE Academy
The GATE Academy has released GATE IN paper analysis. You can check the same below:
The GATE academy faculty feedback: The paper was easy, hence, it is expected that the cutoff will be higher this year.
The weightage of topics in the exam is shown in the image below:
The distribution of marks in each of the topic can be checked from the table below:
|Topics||no. of 1 marks ques.||no. of 2 marks ques.||Difficulty|
|Signals and Systems||2||3||Easy|
Download the PDF of IN analysis by GATE Academy – Click here
GATE 2020 IN Exam Analysis by Students
Below you can check the analysis of GATE 2020 IN paper for the exam held in the forenoon session. The analysis below is as per the reaction of the students after the exam. Therefore the distribution of the questions and questions are not official and memory based.
Overall Difficulty level:
- The exam was overall between easy to moderate in difficulty level as per the students. In comparison to previous year, the exam was of moderate difficulty level.
- Aptitude section was easy
Distribution of questions in IN paper:
- In IN paper, 3 questions were asked from network theory
- 2 question came from Mesh analysis.
- The questions were also asked from AC Circuit there was one question from resonance.
Nature of the questions:
- Network theory was easy except for question on three phase.
- In Analog electronics – questions were asked from diope, opamp.
- In opamo, 1 number of questions were a bit easy to solve in comparison to 02 number questions.
- From signal system, there was an easy question on DTFT, and convolution
- In maths, there was one easy question. Questions on vector were of moderate level.
Topic wise distribution of marks in IN paper: As per the initial reactions of the candidates, from the below given topics the number of questions asked is represented in the table.
|Topic||No. of questions|
|Complex stress mohr’s circle||1|
GATE 2020 Papers for Other Days
GATE 2020 is being held in online mode for admission in admission is granted in M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch / Ph.D courses offered by the IITs and IISc Bangalore. Based on GATE scores, PSU recruitment is also done. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an annual exam and this year IIT Delhi is conducting it.
The exam schedule for other GATE 2020 papers for all days can be checked below:
|Paper||Session – Exam Date||Time|
|IN, ME 1, MT, PE, PH||S1 – 01 Feb 2020||9:30 am to 12:30 pm|
|CY, ME 2, PI||S2 – 01 Feb 2020||2:30 pm to 5:30 pm|
|AR, BM, BT, CH, MA, MN, ST, XE, XL||S3 – 02 Feb 2020||9:30 am to 12:30 pm|
|AE, AG, EC, GG||S4 – 02 Feb 2020||2:30 pm to 5:30 pm|
|EE, EY, TF||S5 – 08 Feb 2020||9:30 am to 12:30 pm|
|CS||S6 – 08 Feb 2020||2:30 pm to 5:30 pm|
|CE 1||S7 – 09 Feb 2020||9:30 am to 12:30 pm|
|CE 2||S8 – 09 Feb 2020||2:30 pm to 5:30 pm|
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.