GATE Admit Card 2021has been released at gate.iitb.ac.in, under GOAPS login. Candidates can download it by entering enrollment id and password. The admit card of GATE 2021 is a mandatory item on the exam day. Along with it, candidates also need to carry 1 valid id proof. GATE 2021 is due to be held on 6, 7, 13, and 14 February 2021. Candidates have to carry a coloured printout of the admit card, on an A-4 sheet. To know how to download GATE admit card 2021, direct link for the same, what to carry with it and what not to carry, etc., read below.
Latest: GATE 2021 admit card is available now. Download using the direct link on this page below.
GATE Admit Card 2021
You have to carry with GATE admit card, the same valid original ID proof that you have mentioned on the application form of GATE 2021. Note that you can only download the admit card online at GOAPS portal, and it will be not be sent to you by the IITs via any other means. Check the schedule for GATE 2021 exam and admit card download from the table below:
|GATE Admit Card 2021||Day||Date|
|Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Portal|
(for download and printing)
|Friday||8 Jan 2021|
|GATE 2021 Examination||Saturday|
|6 Feb 2021|
7 Feb 2021
13 Feb 2021
14 Feb 2021
Download admit card: Click here to download GATE 2021 admit card.
Important Instructions to GATE 2021 Candidates
Here are some important instructions for GATE 2021 candidates for the exam day:
- A printed copy of the GATE 2021 Admit Card must be presented for verification along with the original (not photocopy or scanned copy) valid photo identification proof.
- Candidates must report to the examination venue at least 60 minutes before the scheduled commencement of the examination.
- Candidates will be permitted to occupy their seats 40 minutes before the scheduled start of the examination. Candidates can login and start reading the instructions 20 minutes before the start of the examination.
- CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO login 30 minutes after the start of the exam.
- Candidates must bring their own pen, pencil, transparent water bottle, and a pocket-size hand sanitizer. Without proper face MASK in place, the entry of the candidate in the examination center shall be PROHIBITED. MASK must be in proper position throughout the candidate’s presence in the examination hall.
- Before entry to the examination centre, the centre officials may assess the health condition of the candidate. All candidates MUST adhere to the COVID-related protocols in compliance with the orders and directives of the Government of India and local directives.
- As per Govt. order, any candidate who is Covid-19 positive or has any other infectious disease, MUST NOT come out of home/hospital; and hence the entry for such candidate will be DENIED. Asymptomatic candidates, if any, who have a temperature higher than 99.4oF, will be taken to the ISOLATION area for the examination.
- On the exam day, the candidate must NOT have COVID symptoms, NOT in quarantine, and was NOT in close contact with any COVID patient during the last fortnight.
Know GATE 2021 Shift Timings and Exam Date Subject Paper Wise
GATE 2021 will be held in 2 sessions each day. These sessions are: Forenoon: 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM and Afternoon: 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM. You can check the detailed schedule of GATE 2021 in the table below:
|GATE Date||Session 1|
9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
|Session 2 |
3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
|06 Feb 2021||CE-1, IN, CY||CE-2, PH, AR, BM, AE, MN|
|07 Feb 2021||EE, GG, AG||EY, EC, PE, ES, ST, PI|
|13 Feb 2021||CS-1, MA, BT, CH, TF||CS-2, XE, XL|
|14 Feb 2021||ME-1, XH||ME-2, MT|
Candidates with Scribe can avail of a compensatory time of one additional hour (20 minutes per hour of examination) at a stretch for the three-hour GATE examination.
How To Download GATE Admit Card 2021?
Since the GATE admit card 2021 is released online only, here are the steps to follow to be able to download it without any confusions:
Step 1 – Click on the direct link available on this page above.
Step 2 – On clicking the link, a portal like the one shown below opens. Here enter Enrollment ID / Email Address and Password, as generated at the time of registration.
Step 3 – After entering the details, click on the blue “Submit” button.
Step 4 – Following the steps above, the dashboard opens. There, you shall see a button for “Download Admit Card”.
Step 6 – Lastly, click on this button and the admit card is downloaded as a pdf.
The admit card of GATE 2021 is an important document. Candidates are advised to preserve a hardcopy and softcopy copy of it for future use. The hardcopy will be required on exam day.
What to Carry with GATE Admit Card 2021?
On the exam day, you have to take some important things with you, these are:
|Type of candidate||Documents / things needed|
|For all the candidates||GATE admit card 2021 and valid original ID card as selected in the application form|
|COVID-19 Kit||Candidates must bring their own pen, pencil, transparent water bottle, and pocket-size hand sanitizer|
|ID card allowed for the Indian candidates||Aadhaar-UID, PAN Card, Passport, College ID, Voter ID, Driving License, Employee ID|
|ID card allowed for the Foreign candidates||Passport / Government issued ID / College ID / Employee ID|
|PwD candidates can bring||Assistive devices like Abacus, Braille slate, Wheelchair, etc.|
PwD candidates have to arrange and bring these items on their own to the exam hall.
You will be provided with a scribble pad to do the rough work at the exam centre which you must return after the exam. Also, you will be getting Virtual Scientific Calculator on your computer screen.
Since these are COVID times, do carry a mask, gloves, water bottle and sanitizer as well. Try and keep small bottle of water and sanitizer. Also, make sure that the bottle are transparent.
What Not to Carry with GATE Admit Card 2021?
Following items are no allowed at the exam hall.
- Any other electronic devices
- Watches of any form etc
- Data or handbooks
- Pen / pencil box / pouch
- Mobile phones
- Loose sheets
- Physical calculators
GATE 2021 Guidelines for the Candidates with Scribe
In GATE, the scribe can be arranged by the candidates or they can request the same from the GATE authorities. Here are some guidelines for scribe:
Scribes arranged by Candidates:
- The Scribe MUST NOT be a candidate for a test paper in GATE 2021. According to the GoI (Government of India) guidelines, in case the candidates have opted to bring their Scribe, then the qualification of the Scribe should be one step below the qualification of the candidates taking the examination.
- If PwD / Dyslexic candidates have opted for their own scribe but they do not bring their own Scribe then it will not be possible to arrange a new Scribe.
- NO honorarium will be paid to the scribe arranged by the PwD / Dyslexic candidate.
If GATE authority arranges for a scribe:
- The qualification of the scribe shall be more than the minimum eligibility of GATE, it will be matriculation or above.
- The authority shall allow candidates to choose a scribe, amount the available lot.
- If there are Y candidates who require a scribe, it will be ensured that a panel of Y+1 scribes is available at the exam center so that every candidate can have an alternative scribe to choose from for the services.
Details Given on GATE Admit Card 2021
After downloading the admit card of GATE 2021, the first thing candidates must do is check details in the admit card. Make sure all of it is correct. The details in admit card are as follows:
- Photograph of candidate
- Signature of candidate
- Center address with code
- Signature of organizing chairman
- Instructions for the exam
- Exam date
- Exam day
- Time of exam
- Registration number
- Name of the candidate
- GATE paper
Image of GATE 2021 admit card is as follows:
What to do If There is Error is GATE Admit Card 2021?
After downloading GATE admit card 2021, check all the detail in it. If any of the detail is missing or is incorrect, candidates must inform GATE Zonal Office, for which the details are as follows:
|Zone GATE Office||Official Website||Email Id|
|IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbaiemail@example.com|
|IIT Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|IIT Madras Chennaiemail@example.com|
|GATE International OI- IIT Bombay||gate.iitb.ac.in||–|
GATE 2021 Exam Day Guidelines
The candidates can check some important exam day guidelines to follow at exam exam centre:
- It is advisable to check the exam center location a day before the exam so that there is no confusion on the exam day to reach the center.
- Biometric information of the candidates shall be taken for random number of candidates.
- After the end of the reporting time, no candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall.
- Candidates must report to the exam center on time as mentioned on the admit card. Otherwise, they will not be permitted to enter the exam hall.
- No candidates shall be permitted to leave the exam center before the exam ends.
How to Recover GATE 2021 Enrollment Id and Password
Enrollment id and password of GATE is generated after submitting GATE application form and the same is needed to access GOAPS and download admit card. If candidates have forgotten any of these details, then they may follow the process below to get it.
How to recover enrollment id of GATE?
- If a candidate doesn’t remember their enrollment id then they can also use e-mail id to open the Gate Online Application Processing System.
- Other than this, the enrollment id is also mentioned on the application form confirmation page.
- During registration, the enrollment id was also sent at the candidate’s e-mail address.
How to recover GATE 2021 password?
Step 1: Visit the official GOAPS website and click on the “Forgot Enrollment Id and Password” button, as shown below:
Step 2: The candidate are then redirected too a new page, in which they have to select any of the following:
- If you remember the enrollment Id or Email and have forgotten the password, you can receive an OTP via the Email or SMS.
- If you already have an OTP, click on already have OTP option.
Step 3: If candidate select option 1, then:
- A new pages opens and in it, candidates have to enter – Mobile Number and Enrollment ID / Email Address.
It is important to note that while entering the mobile number there is no need to enter ‘0’ in front of the number.
Step 4: If candidate select option 2, then:
- They candidates can reset the password by entering – Enrollment ID / Email Address, One Time Password, New Password, Confirm New Password.
Step 5: After finishing the steps above, the password can be recovered.
Books for GATE 2021 Last Minute Preparation
Here are some books that the candidates can use to revise for the exam in last few months before the exam:
|Name of the book||Link to buy|
|GATE General Aptitude & Engineering Mathematics||Get here|
|GATE 2020: Mechanical Engineering Previous Solved Papers||Get here|
|Reasoning & Aptitude for GATE||Get here|
|GATE Electronics and Communication Engineering||Get here|
|Chapterwise Solved Papers Chemistry GATE||Get here|
|GATE 2020 – Architecture & Planning – Guide||Get here|
GATE 2021 Exam Pattern
Now that we know all about GATE admit card 2021, it is time to know the exam pattern of the exam. The exam pattern for GATE 2021 is as follows:
Exam Duration: The candidates get total 3 hours to attempt the examination.
Total Number of Questions: Candidates have to solve 65 questions in the exam.
- 55 questions are ask from the subject paper.
- 10 questions are asked from general aptitude (GA).
Type of Questions: 3 types of questions are asked in GATE and these are:
- Multiple choice questions (MCQ)
- Multiple Select Questions (MSQs)
- Numerical answer type (NAT) questions
Maximum Marks: The exam is of total 100 marks.
- 15 marks are for general aptitude.
- 85 marks for subject paper.
Marking scheme of the exam is given below:
|Type of questions||Marks for correct ans||Negative Marking|
|Numerical answer type carrying 1 marks||1||0|
|Numerical answer type carrying 2 marks||2||0|
|Multiple Select Questions carrying 1 marks||1||0|
|Multiple Select Questions carrying 2 marks||2||0|
|Multiple choice type carrying 1 marks||1||-1/3|
|Multiple choice type carrying 2 marks||2||-2/3|
GATE 2021 Mock Test
We have provided mock test for GATE 2021. It is a free of cost mock test which has been designed to help candidates in preparing well for the exam. You can try if for your subject paper from below.
|GATE 2021 Subject Paper||Mock Test|
|Aerospace Engineering||Take Mock|
|Agriculture Engineering||Take Mock|
|Architecture and Planning||Take Mock|
|Chemical Engineering||Take Mock|
|Civil Engineering||Take Mock|
|Computer Sc. and Information Technology||Take Mock|
|Ecology and Evolution||Take Mock|
|Electrical Engineering||Take Mock|
|Electronics and Communication Engg.||Take Mock|
|General Aptitude||Take Mock|
|Geology and Geophysics||Take Mock|
|Instrumentation Engineering||Take Mock|
|Mechanical Engineering||Take Mock|
|Metallurgical Engineering||Take Mock|
|Mining Engineering||Take Mock|
|Petroleum Engineering||Take Mock|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||Take Mock|
|Textile Engineering and Fiber Science||Take Mock|
Last Minute Revision Tips for GATE 2021
The last few days before the exam are crucial for success in any exam. Here are some last minute revision tips for the GATE 2021 exam:
Stay away from taking up new topics: Starting up new topics to study creates a panic-induced environment that is not healthy during the last few weeks of the exam.
Solve question papers: Solving previous year question papers give your confidence a boost as you can analyze yourself and find out the topics you have difficulty solving. The papers and answer key are easily available online.
Take online mock test: GATE is an online examination, hence, candidates are advised to take online mock test. It helps in improving efficiency and speed.
Learn to manage time: For the D-day make sure you have charted out how to attempt the questions within 3 hours with plenty of time to recheck the answers. This can be done only by practicing as many mock tests as possible.
Notes: Make sure to note down all the important formulas and points. Keep these notes handy to revise them
Multiple revisions are the key: Every candidate starts preparing for the exam months in advance. But the most important thing they forget is to revise what they studied over time. Hence an important thing would be to revise the entire syllabus.
GATE 2021 Exam Centres
GATE 2021 Exam Centres
GATE 2021 exam shall be held in the following centres. Candidates shall be able to select 4 exam city of their choice in order of preference in the application form. The allotted exam centre is mentioned in the admit card of the candidate.
About GATE 2021 Exam
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national level PG engineering entrance examination held annually by IITs and IISc Bangalore. On the basis of the exam, admission is granted in M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch / Ph.D courses. The score of GATE is also used for PSU recruitment. This year there has been an addition of 2 new subject papers in the exam ES (Environmental Science and Engineering) and XH (Humanities and Social Sciences). The exam will be of exactly 3 hours and will be held as a computer-based test. There are 3 types of questions in the exam MCQs – Multiple Choice Questions, MSQ – Multiple Select Questions, and NAT – Numerical Answer Type. There will be a total of 65 questions.
GATE Admit Card 2021 FAQs
You can always download your GATE admit card from the GOAPS. It is available until the exam day.
No, There is no provision to change GATE exam center once it has been allocated via the hall ticket. IIT does not allow this.
Yes, along with the admit card of GATE 2021, you must also carry original valid id card. Acceptable id cards are aadhaar card, PAN card, passport, voter id, college id, employee id and driving license. However, for international candidates only valid passport / government issued id / college id / employee id.
IITs have mentioned on the information brochure that the admit card must be preferable in coloured print so that the details are clear.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.