GATE Result 2018
GATE Result 2018 will be announced in the month of March. The result of GATE 2018 shows total marks scored by candidates, GATE score, All India Rank, qualifying / cut off score of all categories in that paper. The score is valid for three years. Only qualified candidates get scorecard. Schedule, as per which IIT Guwahati is declaring GATE Result 2018, is given below.
|GATE 2018||Important dates|
|Conduct of exam||3, 4, 10, 11 February 2018|
|Declaration of result of GATE 2018||17 March 2018|
GATE Result 2018 will be announced at gate.iitg.ac.in. Candidates will be able to check their results of GATE 2018 from GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System).
GATE 2018 Score formula for multiple session papers
GATE 2018 was held in two sessions for ME, and CE papers. For them, score is normalized. This is done to account for any difference in difficulty level of questions in different sessions.
The fundamental concept on which normalization is based is “in all multi-session GATE papers, the distribution of abilities of candidates is the same across all the sessions”.
The above assumption stands true for GATE Result 2018 as number of candidates in each session is large enough (more than 35,000) and sessions are allotted randomly. Also the number of candidates in each session is equally large.
Normalized mark (︿Mij) of jth candidate in ith session, is given by
- Mij is the actual marks obtained by the jth candidate in the ith session.
- Mgt is the average marks of the top 0.1 % candidates in all sessions.
- Mgq is the sum of mean and standard deviation of marks of all candidates in all sessions.
- Mti is the average of marks of top 0.1 % candidates in the ith session.
- Miq is the sum of mean and standard deviation of marks of all candidates in the ith session.
GATE 2018 Score formula for all papers
The score of a candidate for GATE Result 2018 is calculated on the basis of below-given formula.
- S = Score.
- M = Marks obtained by a candidate (“normalized marks” in case of multiple-session subjects CE, ME).
- Mq = Qualifying marks for general category candidates in that subject (usually 25 or μ + σ, whichever is higher),
- μ = Average (i.e. arithmetic mean) of marks of all candidates in that subject.
- σ = Standard deviation of marks of all candidates in that subject.
- Mt = Average marks of top 0.1 % candidates or top 10 (whichever is larger) of the candidates who appeared in the paper (in case of multi-session papers including all sessions)
- St = 900 = Score assigned to Mt,
- Sq = 350 = Score assigned to Mq.
GATE 2018 Qualifying Marks
The qualifying marks will be disclosed for each paper along with the GATE Result 2018. For GATE 2018 score formula, the qualifying marks are assigned on a pre-defined basis.
|Qualifying score for general category||25 or μ + σ which ever is greater|
|μ||Mean of marks of all candidates who appeared in the paper|
|σ||Standard deviation of all candidates who appeared in the paper|
According to Wikipedia:
- Qualifying marks for OBC candidates will be 90% of general category’s qualifying mark.
- Qualifying marks for SC, ST candidates will be 2/3rd or 66.67% of general category’s qualifying mark.
GATE Cutoff 2018
Candidates need a minimum score to qualify the exam. This is known as the cutoff or qualifying marks. The formula for qualifying score is given above. Cutoff of GATE in 2018 will be announced on 17th March 2018. Last year cutoffs were as follows.
GATE Score Card 2018
GATE 2018 Scorecard will be issued at GOAPS. It will be as per the name entered in the application form. It will also have the same photograph which candidate had submitted. Only qualified candidates will get GATE score card. Facility to get it will be as per following schedule.
March 20, 2018 to May 31, 2018
After result of GATE 2018 is declared, qualified candidates can download score card. It will be available from March 20 to May 31.
May 31, 2018 to December 31, 2018
Candidates can pay Rs 500 to get scorecard.