Gauhati University Admission 2020, Gauhati University will release the notification regarding admission in B.Tech and B.Tech (Lateral) for academic year 2020-21. Gauhati University will also be conducting admission for M.Tech and MS, information for which will also be provided on this page as soon as the officials will release the information. Applications in prescribed forms will be invited from eligible candidates for admission into the B.Tech. and B.Tech. (Lateral) courses. After the official announcement the forms along with information sheets can be collected from the office of the Gauhati University Institute of Science and Technology or from the GU website http://www.gauhati.ac.in. To know more about Gauhati University Admission 2020, Candidate need to read this page further.
– Provisional List has released for selected students for the Admission into B.Tech (ECE) through JEE(Main) 2020 Score. Click here to check.
– Provisional List has released for selected students for the Admission into B.Tech (Lateral). Click here to download the same.
Gauhati University Admission 2020 – B.Tech, M.Tech, MS
There is no need for submission of forms for B.Tech. admission. Since the admission will be through the common counseling of the CEE (Assam) and JEE (MAIN), the allotted students from CEE (Assam) and JEE (MAIN) may collect and submit the form at the temporary counter, CEE (Assam) and JEE (MAIN) Counseling Venue during the counseling days.
|Availability of Online Application Form for B.Tech Lateral entry||To be announced|
|Last Date of Subbmission of Online Application Form for B.Tech Lateral entry||To be announced|
|Date of Entrance Examination for B.Tech Lateral entry||To be announced|
|Date of Declaration of Result for B.Tech Lateral entry||To be announced|
|Date of Counseling and Admission for B.Tech Lateral entry||To be announced|
|Counseling for JEE (MAIN) 2020 qualified candidates||To be announced|
|Admission for JEE (MAIN) 2020 qualified candidates||To be announced|
|1st Counseling and Admission for CEE (Assam) 2020 qualified candidates||To be announced|
|2nd Counseling and Admission for CEE (Assam) 2020 qualified candidates||To be announced|
Gauhati University Admission 2020 Notice
Click here to download the Notice
Course, Eligibility and Admission Criteria
|M.Tech. in Biotechnology(2 yrs)||B.Tech./M.Sc. (Biotechnology and/or allied subjects)|
|M.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Technology with specialization in
(2 yrs-Full Time and Minimum 3 Yrs-Part Time)
|B.Tech./B.E. in Electronics & Communication/Instrumentation /Electricalor M.Sc.(El.Sc./ECT/Instr.)or Equivalent|
|M.Tech. in Information Technology (2 yrs-Full Time and Minimum 3 Yrs-Part Time)||B.E./B.Tech. in CSE/IT/ECE/ MCA/M.Sc.–IT/ M.Sc.–CS/ M.Sc.- “Maths & Computing” or Equivalent|
|M.S. (2 yrs.): Chemical Science, Mathematical Science, Physical Science||4 years B.S. in relevant subject passed from Gauhati University.|
*In Electronics and Communication Technology, Computer Science and Engineering, Biotechnology, Information Technology
Application forms for admission: Prescribed application forms for admission to the B.Tech / M.S. / M.Tech. programmes will be made available along with this Information Sheets.
Submission of filled-in forms:
- There is no need for submission of forms for B.Tech. admission. Since the admission will be through the common counseling of the CEE (Assam) and JEE (MAIN), the allotted students from CEE (Assam) and JEE (MAIN) may submit the form at the temporary counter, CEE (Assam) and JEE (MAIN) Counseling Venue during the counseling days.
- However, students applying for Reserved Categories (GU Employee, Fringe Village, Extra and Co curricular etc.) are required to submit the application forms. Such application forms are to be submitted in the office of the GUIST.
- Application forms for B.Tech. (Lateral Entry), M.S. and M.Tech. courses will be received at the Respective Department Offices.
Documents to be attached to application form
Self attested copies of the following:
- Admit card of CEE/JEE (for B.Tech. only)
- Permanent Residence Certificate (PRC)
- HSLC pass certificate/Admit Card as proof of age
- Higher Secondary pass certificate
- Mark sheet of HSLC examination
- Mark sheet of Higher Secondary examination
- Caste certificate for SC/ST/OBC candidates from appropriate authority
- Mark sheet and certificate of diploma exam for B.Tech Lateral Entry
- Mark sheet and certificate of the respective qualifying exam for M.S. and M.Tech.
- Appropriate documents for applying to the other reserved categories
- Gap certificate wherever applicable
B.Tech. (4 yrs.)* – As per JEE (MAIN) and CEE (Assam) 2020 marks/ rank.
B.Tech (lateral entry to 2ndyear) * and M.Tech – Admission Test to be conducted by GUIST. For M.Tech.-part time category, minimum 3 years professional experience required. GATE qualified candidates will be given preference for admission for M.Tech. Details of Entrance tests will be available in the website
M.S. (2 yrs.) – On the basis of marks obtained in B.S.
- Admission process for B.Tech., B.Tech. (Lateral) courses at Gauhati University Institute of Science and Technology(GUIST) for the session 2020-21 is in process.
- B.Tech. admissions will be in following two modes:
- Maximum 20% seats will be filled up from JEE (MAIN) 2020 qualified students. The counselling for JEE (MAIN) 2020 qualified students will be held at the GUIST premises as per schedule. Candidates with valid PRC of Assam only can attend the counselling.
- Remaining seats will be from CEE (Assam) 2020 counselling at GUIST premises and as per schedule which will be notified by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Govt. of Assam in the local Newspaper.
- The date of cut-off score for the counselling to be held at GUIST premises based on JEE (MAIN) 2020 Score and CEE (Assam) score, will be notified at the GU website. There is no need of submission of forms for B.Tech admission before counselling.
- Applicants for B.Tech. (Lateral) admission will have to appear in the Entrance Exam. Application For which will be available from June 2020 Onwards at http://www.gauhati.ac.in.
Number of Seats
As per last year…
|Branch||No of seats|
|B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering||40|
|B.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering||27|
|B.Tech. in Information Technology||27|
|B.Tech in Biotechnology||27|
|B.Tech in Material Science and Technology||20|
|Information for M.Tech and MS is as per last year|
|M.Tech in Electronics and Communication Technology (Signal Processing and Communication)||18|
|M.Tech in Electronics and Communication Technology (Signal Processing and VLSI Design)||18|
|M.Tech. in Information Technology||18|
|M.Tech in Biotechnology||10|
|M.S. Chemical Sc, Physical Sc, Mathematical Sc.||10 in each|
Reservation of Seats
Reservation shall be as per G.U. Rules. The candidates seeking admission on reserved quota viz. SC, ST, OBC and MOBC shall be given relaxation up to 5% (Five percent) of the marks prescribed for eligibility criteria. The relaxation will not be applicable to candidates seeking admission on any other reserved quota.
|Reservation for Permanent residents of Assam|
|a. Scheduled Caste||7%|
|b. Scheduled Tribe (Plains)||10%|
|c. Scheduled Tribe (Hills)||5%|
|d. O.B.C. and M.O.B.C.||15%|
|e. Differently able persons||4 seats in B.Tech.|
Other Reserved Seats:
7 seats in B.Tech. , 1 seat for each of the states of North East other than Assam. Please contact respective State’s Directorate of Higher Education/Technical Education.
Employee of GU*: 1 seat in B.Tech.
Students with Extra and Co Curricular efficiency*: 1 seat in B.Tech.
Fringe Village *: 1 seat in B.Tech.
Extra forms for these categories (GU Employee, EC, and Fringe Village) will be available in the GUIST office and filled-up form need to be submitted in the GUIST office.
General Information and Rules
- No student shall be admitted to any course of studies as aforesaid if he/she is found to have indulged in activities detrimental to academic interest.
- No student shall be admitted to more than one course in the same shift.
- A student who is found to violate University rules shall be liable to expulsion.
- If a student’s involvement in any incident of ragging comes to the notice of the authority, such a student would be given liberty to explain, and if his/her explanation is not found satisfactory, that student will be expelled from Gauhati University.
- A student who is found to have indulged in consumption of drugs or intoxicating drinks, gambling and other immoral activities shall be liable to expulsion.
- Students admitted to various courses of studies are required to participate in instructions (Lectures, tutorials, seminars, laboratory works and other academic activities) as prescribed in the relevant Regulations and shall be expected to participate in the co-curricular and Extra Curricular activities organised by Department or by the University. They are expected to appear at the examination due at the end of the course of studies. Students who fail to do so without assigning sufficient reasons to the satisfaction of the competent authority shall not be permitted to continue their studies in the following year.
- Attendance in Classes is compulsory. To be eligible to sit for the Examinations the students should have at least 75% of attendance of lectures (separately for the theoretical and practical classes) as prescribed in the concerned Regulations.
- Each Academic session will run as per the Academic Calendar.
- Fees are to be paid for admission by the candidates, if selected on the date as notified, other-wise seats will be cancelled and filled up by candidates next in the list.
- The admission will be granted in accordance with the provision made in the Ordinance and Regulations and other rules of the University.
- The students shall have to comply with the Regulations for the course, Rules and Orders as may be prescribed by the University authority from time to time.
- The decision of Executive Council on all matters relating to students’ indiscipline shall be final and binding.
Official Website: www.gauhati.ac.in.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.