Gauhati University will release the notification regarding admission in B.Tech, M.Tech and M>S for academic year 2018-19. Applications in prescribed forms will be invited from eligible candidates for admission into the B.Tech. (Lateral), M.Tech. and M.S. courses. The forms alongwith information sheets can be collected from the office of the Gauhati University Institute of Science and Technology or from the GU website www.gauhati.ac.in.
Gauhati University Admission 2018 – B.Tech, M.Tech, MS
There is no need for submission of forms for B.Tech. admission. Since the admission will be through the common counseling of the CEE, the allotted students from CEE may collect and submit the form at the temporary counter, CEE Counseling Venue during the counseling days.
Course, Eligibility and Admission Criteria
|B.Tech. (4 yrs.)*||As per CEE (Assam) norms|
|B.Tech (lateral entry to 2ndyear) *||3-year Polytechnic Diploma or equivalent in the concerned branch with first class or equivalent grade|
|M.Tech. in Biotechnology(2 yrs)||B.Tech./M.Sc. (Biotechnology and/or allied subjects)|
|M.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Technology with specialization in
(2 yrs-Full Time and Minimum 3 Yrs-Part Time)
|B.Tech./B.E. in Electronics & Communication/Instrumentation /Electricalor M.Sc.(El.Sc./ECT/Instr.)or Equivalent|
|M.Tech. in Information Technology (2 yrs-Full Time and Minimum 3 Yrs-Part Time)||B.E./B.Tech. in CSE/IT/ECE/ MCA/M.Sc.–IT/ M.Sc.–CS/ M.Sc.- “Maths & Computing” or Equivalent|
|M.S. (2 yrs.): Chemical Science, Mathematical Science, Physical Science||4 years B.S. in relevant subject passed from Gauhati University.|
*In Electronics and Communication Technology, Computer Science and Engineering, Biotechnology, Information Technology
Notice regarding admission has been released, candidates interested for admission in Gauhati university needs to go through the admission notices so that they dont miss the chance for admission into it. Candidates can check all the admission notice here below:
- Click here to check the Important information Regarding Filling up of Vacant Seat in M.Sc (Physics).
- Click here to check notice regarding M.Sc. in Zoology programme admission from wait list against vacant seat
- Click here to check notice regarding Admission for one vacant seat in the non-G.U. general category for M.Sc (CS/IT) in the Department of Computer Science
- Click here to check notice regarding M.Sc. in Zoology and Wildlife Science Programme admission from wait list against vacant seat.
- Click here to check notice regarding M.Sc in Cancer Biology admission from wait list against vacant seats.
- Click here to check notice regarding Admission into M.Sc. Biotechnology course against forfeited seats
- Click here to check notice regarding Admission into MA/MSc in Geography against vacant seats
- Click here to check notice regarding Admission for vacant seats in MSc(ECT) & MSc(MEAC), Deptt. of Electronics & Communication Technology.
- Click here to check Schedule of Counselling for Admission in M.Sc. Wildlife Science.
- Click here to check Entrance Schedule for Cancer Biology, M.Sc. Nursing and Electronics and Communication technology
- Click here to check Schedule of Counselling for Admission in M.Sc. Wildlife Science
- Click here to check Counselling notice for admission into B.Tech. Programmes for few seats
- Click here to check the Information Bulletin for Admission into B.Tech., B.Tech.(Lateral) and M.Tech. programmes in GUIST
- Click here to check the M.Tech. Admission 2018- Direct Admission through GATE- Online
- Click here to check the Corrigendum in reference to the notification for Admission into the B.Tech, B.Tech-Lateral, M.Tech programmes of GUIST for the session
- Click here to check the notice regarding Admission into B.Tech, B.Tech-Lateral, M.Tech. programmes of Gauhati University Institute of Science and Technology
Various lists of selected candidates in Gauhati university are provided as under:
- Click here to check the provisionally selected candidates for Counselling and Admission for B.Tech.-Lateral Programme,
- Click here to check the Provisional list of eligible candidates to appear in the B.Tech.- Lateral entrance examination
- Click here to check the List of all provisionally selected candidates for direct admission into all M.Tech. Programmes through GATE in GUIST
- Click here to check the List of provisionally selected candidates for direct admission into M.Tech programme through GATE in Biotechnology
- Click here to check the List of provisionally selected candidates for direct admission into M.Tech programme through GATE in Information Technology
- Click here to check the List of provisionally selected candidates for direct admission into M.Tech programmes through GATE in SPC & SPV
Application forms for admission: Prescribed application forms for admission to the B.Tech / M.S. / M.Tech. programmes will be made available along with this Information Sheets.
Submission of filled-in forms:
- There is no need for submission of forms for B.Tech. admission. Since the admission will be through the common counseling of the CEE, the allotted students from CEE may submit the form at the temporary counter, CEE Counseling Venue during the counseling days.
- However, students applying for Reserved Categories (GU Employee, Fringe Village, Extra and Co curricular etc.) are required to submit the application forms. Such application forms are to be submitted in the office of the GUIST.
- Application forms for B.Tech. (Lateral Entry), M.S. and M.Tech. courses will be received at the Respective Department Offices.
Documents to be attached to application form
Self attested copies of the following:
- Admit card of CEE (for B.Tech. only)
- Permanent Residence Certificate (PRC) (for B.Tech.)
- HSLC pass certificate/Admit Card as proof of age
- Higher Secondary pass certificate
- Mark sheet of HSLC examination
- Mark sheet of Higher Secondary examination
- Caste certificate for SC/ST/OBC candidates from appropriate authority
- Mark sheet and certificate of diploma exam for B.Tech Lateral Entry
- Mark sheet and certificate of the respective qualifying exam for M.S. and M.Tech.
- Appropriate documents for applying to the other reserved categories
- Gap certificate wherever applicable
B.Tech. (4 yrs.)* – As per CEE rank
B.Tech (lateral entry to 2ndyear) * and M.Tech – Admission Test to be conducted by GUIST. For M.Tech.-part time category, minimum 3 years professional experience required. GATE qualified candidates will be given preference for admission for M.Tech. Details of Entrance tests will be available in the website
M.S. (2 yrs.) – On the basis of marks obtained in B.S.
- Admission process for B.Tech., B.Tech. (Lateral), M.S. and M.Tech. courses of Gauhati University Institute of Science and Technology for the session 2018-19 shall be started from 1st week of July, 2018.
- B.Tech. admissions will be from CEE Counseling as per schedule already notified by Director of Technical Education, Assam. There is no need for submission of forms for B.Tech. admission before counseling. Since the admission will be through the common counseling of the CEE, the allotted students from CEE may collect and submit the form at the temporary counter, CEE Counseling Venue during the counseling days.
- Applicants for B.Tech. (Lateral) and M.Tech. admissions will have to appear in entrance test, for which online applications may be submitted through the university website www.gauhati.ac.in.
- For M.S. programmes, applicants may collect and submit the prescribed form from/at the GUIST office.
Number of Seats
|Branch||No of seats|
|B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Technology||36|
|B.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering||36|
|B.Tech. in Information Technology||36|
|B.Tech in Biotechnology||18|
|M.Tech in Electronics and Communication Technology (Signal Processing and Communication)||18|
|M.Tech in Electronics and Communication Technology (Signal Processing and VLSI Design)||18|
|M.Tech. in Information Technology||18|
|M.Tech in Biotechnology||10|
|M.S. Chemical Sc, Physical Sc, Mathematical Sc.||10 in each|
Reservation of Seats
Reservation shall be as per G.U. Rules. The candidates seeking admission on reserved quota viz. SC, ST, OBC and MOBC shall be given relaxation up to 5% (Five percent) of the marks prescribed for eligibility criteria. The relaxation will not be applicable to candidates seeking admission on any other reserved quota.
|Reservation for Permanent residents of Assam|
|a. Scheduled Caste||7%|
|b. Scheduled Tribe (Plains)||10%|
|c. Scheduled Tribe (Hills)||5%|
|d. O.B.C. and M.O.B.C.||15%|
|e. Differently able persons||3 seats in B.Tech.|
Other Reserved Seats:
7 seats in B.Tech. , 1 seat for each of the states of North East other than Assam. Please contact respective State’s Directorate of Higher Education/Technical Education.
Employee of GU*: 1 seat in B.Tech.
Students with Extra and Co Curricular efficiency*: 1 seat in B.Tech. Fringe Village *: 1 seat in B.Tech.
For Masters Programmes, the Gauhati University follows the following pattern of distribution of seats among the GU (Gauhati University) graduates and OU (Other University) graduates:
80% of the seats are filled up from graduates of GU, [1 seat in each of the special reserved categories–EC, GU Employee category, and Fringe Village Category*]
20% of seats are filled up from graduates of OU (provided they secure equal or above marks to the minimum qualifying marks secured by GU graduates in the entrance examination in the relevant category)
Extra forms for these categories (GU Employee, EC, and Fringe Village) are available in the office of the Secretary, University Classes, and need to be submitted with the admission form.
General Information and Rules
- No student shall be admitted to any course of studies as aforesaid if he/she is found to have indulged in activities detrimental to academic interest.
- No student shall be admitted to more than one course in the same shift.
- A student who is found to violate University rules shall be liable to expulsion.
- If a student’s involvement in any incident of ragging comes to the notice of the authority, such a student would be given liberty to explain, and if his/her explanation is not found satisfactory, that student will be expelled from Gauhati University.
- A student who is found to have indulged in consumption of drugs or intoxicating drinks, gambling and other immoral activities shall be liable to expulsion.
- Students admitted to various courses of studies are required to participate in instructions (Lectures, tutorials, seminars, laboratory works and other academic activities) as prescribed in the relevant Regulations and shall be expected to participate in the co-curricular and Extra Curricular activities organised by Department or by the University. They are expected to appear at the examination due at the end of the course of studies. Students who fail to do so without assigning sufficient reasons to the satisfaction of the competent authority shall not be permitted to continue their studies in the following year.
- Attendance in Classes is compulsory. To be eligible to sit for the Examinations the students should have at least 75% of attendance of lectures (separately for the theoretical and practical classes) as prescribed in the concerned Regulations.
- Each Academic session will run as per the Academic Calendar.
- Fees are to be paid for admission by the candidates, if selected on the date as notified, other-wise seats will be cancelled and filled up by candidates next in the list.
- The admission will be granted in accordance with the provision made in the Ordinance and Regulations and other rules of the University.
- The students shall have to comply with the Regulations for the course, Rules and Orders as may be prescribed by the University authority from time to time.
- The decision of Executive Council on all matters relating to students’ indiscipline shall be final and binding.
Official Website: www.gauhati.ac.in.
Insofar, official details of Gauhati University B.Tech, M.Tech and M.S Admission 2018 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Gauhati University releases Gauhati University B.Tech, M.Tech and M.S Admission 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.