|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
Gauhati University Admission 2015 – B.Tech, M.Tech, MS
Applications in prescribed forms are invited from eligible candidates for admission into the B.Tech. (Lateral), M.Tech. and M.S. courses for the session 2015-16. The forms alongwith information sheets can be collected from the office of the Gauhati University Institute of Science and Technology or from the GU website www.gauhati.ac.in.
There is no need for submission of forms for B.Tech. admission. Since the admission will be through the common counseling of the CEE, the allotted students from CEE may collect and submit the form at the temporary counter, CEE Counseling Venue during the counseling days.
2nd Counselling (Based on CEE Marks)
Date: 11th July, Saturday, 10 AM
Venue: Gauhati University Institute of Science and Technology
(ii) Computer Science and Engineering,
(iii) Electronics and Communication Technology and
(iv) Information Technology
The Detail information sheets can be downloaded from the GU website www.gauhati.ac.in
Course, Eligibility and Admission Criteria
|B.Tech. (4 yrs.)*||As per CEE (Assam) norms|
|B.Tech (lateral entry to 2ndyear) *||3-year Polytechnic Diploma or equivalent in the concerned branch with first class or equivalent grade|
|M.Tech. in Biotechnology(2 yrs)||B.Tech./M.Sc. (Biotechnology and/or allied subjects)|
|M.Tech. in Electronics and Communication Technology with specialization in
(2 yrs-Full Time and Minimum 3 Yrs-Part Time)
|B.Tech./B.E. in Electronics & Communication/Instrumentation /Electricalor M.Sc.(El.Sc./ECT/Instr.)or Equivalent|
|M.Tech. in Information Technology (2 yrs-Full Time and Minimum 3 Yrs-Part Time)||B.E./B.Tech. in CSE/IT/ECE/ MCA/M.Sc.–IT/ M.Sc.–CS/ M.Sc.- “Maths & Computing” or Equivalent|
|M.S. (2 yrs.): Chemical Science, Mathematical Science, Physical Science||4 years B.S. in relevant subject passed from Gauhati University.|
*In Electronics and Communication Technology, Computer Science and Engineering, Biotechnology, Information Technology
Seat Plan for GUIST M.Tech. and B.Tech. Lateral Entrance Test-2015 (Dated on 11.07.2015)
Date: 13th July, 2015
Venue: GUIST, (Old BT Hostel Premises, Behind RCC-1 Boys Hostel) Enter through Gauhati University Main Gate.
- Black Ball Pen
- Colour Passport size photograph
- Bank Pay in Slip (Bank deposit slip of the Test Fee of Rs. 300/-)
|Time||Programme||Room No||Roll Numbers|
|M.Tech. Signal Processing and Communication||R2||2001 to 2040|
|R3||2041 to 2065|
|R4||2066 to 2105|
|R11||2106 to 2155|
|R6||2156 to 2167|
|R7||2168 to 2180|
|R9||2181 to 2192|
|Lab 4||2193 to 2207|
|12-30 to 2-30 pm||B.Tech. Lateral||R2||5001 to 5044|
|R3||5045 to 5070|
|R4||5071 to 5110|
|R11||5111 to 5158|
|M.Tech. Signal Processing and VLSI Design||R2||3001 to 3045|
|R3||3046 to 3070|
|R4||3071 to 3115|
|R11||3116 to 3163|
|3-30 To 5-30 pm||M.Tech. Information Technology||R2||4001 to 4045|
|R4||4046 to 4090|
|R11||4091 to 4145|
B.Tech. (4 yrs.)* – As per CEE rank
B.Tech (lateral entry to 2ndyear) * and M.Tech – Admission Test to be conducted by GUIST on 13th July, 2015.For M.Tech.-part time category, minimum 3 years professional experience required.GATE qualified candidates will be given preference for admission for M.Tech. Details of Entrance tests are available in the website
M.S. (2 yrs.) – On the basis of marks obtained in B.S.
Application forms for admission: Prescribed application forms for admission to the B.Tech/M.S./M.Tech. programmes are made available along with this Information Sheets.
- Last date for submission of Application form is Over.
Submission of filled-in forms:
- There is no need for submission of forms for B.Tech. admission. Since the admission will be through the common counseling of the CEE, the allotted students from CEE may submit the form at the temporary counter, CEE Counseling Venue during the counseling days.
- However, students applying for Reserved Categories (GU Employee, Fringe Village, Extra and Co curricular etc.) are required to submit the application forms. Such application forms are to be submitted in the office of the GUIST.
- Application forms for B.Tech. (Lateral Entry), M.S. and M.Tech. courses will be received at the Respective Department Offices.
Documents to be attached to application form
Self attested copies of the following:
- Admit card of CEE (for B.Tech. only)
- Permanent Residence Certificate (PRC) (for B.Tech.)
- HSLC pass certificate/Admit Card as proof of age
- Higher Secondary pass certificate
- Mark sheet of HSLC examination
- Mark sheet of Higher Secondary examination
- Caste certificate for SC/ST/OBC candidates from appropriate authority
- Mark sheet and certificate of diploma exam for B.Tech Lateral Entry
- Mark sheet and certificate of the respective qualifying exam for M.S. and M.Tech.
- Appropriate documents for applying to the other reserved categories
- Gap certificate wherever applicable
Number of Seats
|Branch||No of seats|
|B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Technology||36|
|B.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering||36|
|B.Tech. in Information Technology||36|
|B.Tech in Biotechnology||18|
|M.Tech in Electronics and Communication Technology (Signal Processing and Communication)||18|
|M.Tech in Electronics and Communication Technology (Signal Processing and VLSI Design)||18|
|M.Tech. in Information Technology||18|
|M.Tech in Biotechnology||10|
|M.S. Chemical Sc, Physical Sc, Mathematical Sc.||10 in each|
Reservation of Seats
Reservation shall be as per G.U. Rules. The candidates seeking admission on reserved quota viz. SC, ST, OBC and MOBC shall be given relaxation up to 5% (Five percent) of the marks prescribed for eligibility criteria. The relaxation will not be applicable to candidates seeking admission on any other reserved quota.
|Reservation for Permanent residents of Assam|
|a. Scheduled Caste||7%|
|b. Scheduled Tribe (Plains)||10%|
|c. Scheduled Tribe (Hills)||5%|
|d. O.B.C. and M.O.B.C.||15%|
|e. Differently able persons||3 seats in B.Tech.|
Other Reserved Seats:
7 seats in B.Tech. , 1 seat for each of the states of North East other than Assam. Please contact respective State’s Directorate of Higher Education/Technical Education.
Employee of GU*: 1 seat in B.Tech.
Students with Extra and Co Curricular efficiency*: 1 seat in B.Tech. Fringe Village *: 1 seat in B.Tech.
For Masters Programmes, the Gauhati University follows the following pattern of distribution of seats among the GU (Gauhati University) graduates and OU (Other University) graduates:
80% of the seats are filled up from graduates of GU, [1 seat in each of the special reserved categories–EC, GU Employee category, and Fringe Village Category*]
20% of seats are filled up from graduates of OU (provided they secure equal or above marks to the minimum qualifying marks secured by GU graduates in the entrance examination in the relevant category)
Extra forms for these categories (GU Employee, EC, and Fringe Village) are available in the office of the Secretary, University Classes, and need to be submitted with the admission form.
- Admission process for B.Tech., B.Tech. (Lateral), M.S. and M.Tech. courses of Gauhati University Institute of Science and Technology for the session 2015-16 starts on 2nd July, 2015.
- B.Tech. admissions are from CEE Counseling as per schedule already notified by Director of Technical Education, Assam. There is no need for submission of forms for B.Tech. admission before counseling. Since the admission will be through the common counseling of the CEE from 2nd July, 2015, the allotted students from CEE may collect and submit the form at the temporary counter, CEE Counseling Venue during the counseling days.
- Applicants for B.Tech. (Lateral) and M.Tech. admissions will have to appear entrance test on 13th July, 2015, for which online applications may be submitted from 3rd July to 11th July (till 12 noon) through the university website www.gauhati.ac.in.
- For M.S. programmes, applicants may collect and submit the prescribed form from/at the GUIST office from 13th to 20th July, 2015.
General Information and Rules
- No student shall be admitted to any course of studies as aforesaid if he/she is found to have indulged in activities detrimental to academic interest.
- No student shall be admitted to more than one course in the same shift.
- A student who is found to violate University rules shall be liable to expulsion.
- If a student’s involvement in any incident of ragging comes to the notice of the authority, such a student would be given liberty to explain, and if his/her explanation is not found satisfactory, that student will be expelled from Gauhati University.
- A student who is found to have indulged in consumption of drugs or intoxicating drinks, gambling and other immoral activities shall be liable to expulsion.
- Students admitted to various courses of studies are required to participate in instructions (Lectures, tutorials, seminars, laboratory works and other academic activities) as prescribed in the relevant Regulations and shall be expected to participate in the co-curricular and Extra Curricular activities organised by Department or by the University. They are expected to appear at the examination due at the end of the course of studies. Students who fail to do so without assigning sufficient reasons to the satisfaction of the competent authority shall not be permitted to continue their studies in the following year.
- Attendance in Classes is compulsory. To be eligible to sit for the Examinations the students should have at least 75% of attendance of lectures (separately for the theoretical and practical classes) as prescribed in the concerned Regulations.
- Each Academic session will run as per the Academic Calendar.
- Fees are to be paid for admission by the candidates, if selected on the date as notified, other-wise seats will be cancelled and filled up by candidates next in the list.
- The admission will be granted in accordance with the provision made in the Ordinance and Regulations and other rules of the University.
- The students shall have to comply with the Regulations for the course, Rules and Orders as may be prescribed by the University authority from time to time.
- The decision of Executive Council on all matters relating to students’ indiscipline shall be final and binding.