Gauhati University B.Ed Admission 2020 – Gauhati University will release notification of Gauhati University B.Ed. Common Entrance Test (GUBEDCET-2020) for admission to the B.Ed course in the B.Ed colleges affiliated to Gauhati University and recognized by the NCTE for the academic year 2020-21. The complete detail of Gauhati University B.Ed Admission 2020 such as application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern etc. are given below.
Gauhati University B.Ed Admission 2020
Gauhati University conducts the entrance exam for admission into the B.Ed course for all the colleges recognized by the NCTE and affiliated to Gauhati University. Filling up of application forms for the entrance, issue of challan for the deposit of the entrance fee and issue of the admit cards will be carried out in the online mode only.
|Submission of Online Application form starts||last week of Jun 2020|
|Last date of submission of the form||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Issue of Admit Card online||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Entrance Exam||3rdr week of Jul 2020|
|Upload Answer Key||3rd week of Jul 2020|
|Last date to receive challenges on the Answer key||last week of Jul 2020|
|Result/ Merit List Declared||last week of Jul 2020|
As per last year…
A candidate will be allowed to appear in the GUBEDCET-2020 provided that he/she has passed the B.A / B.Sc./ B.Com. or MA/ MSc/M.Com or equivalent degree programme form a recognised Board/University with at least 50% marks (or 45% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD). Reservation and relaxation policy will be as per existing GU rules.
The entrance test will be consist of 100 questions that carry 400 marks of two hours thirty minutes duration. All questions are compulsory and are of MCQ type with four alternative choices of which only one answer will be the correct option. The test Booklet and the OMR will be in English. There will be 4 marks for the correct answer and (-1) for the wrong answer. No negative marks for unanswered questions
The breakup of the 400 marks will be like this –
|General English||120 Marks|
|General Knowledge||120 Marks|
|Test of Reasoning and Numerical Ability||120 Marks|
|Current Indian Education||40 Marks|
- General English: Vocabulary, Tense, Voice, Narration, Prepositions Correction of sentences, Comprehension.
- General Knowledge: Indian History, Indian Polity, General Science, Current affairs.
- Test of Reasoning and Numerical Ability
- Current Indian Education (Issues and Policies): National Policy on Education 1986,
Universalization of Elementary Education – Right to Education, Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan
(SSA) Secondary Education – Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA).
Merit list will be prepared only on the basis of marks obtained in GUBEDCET-2020. In case of a tie, i.e. when two or more candidates obtain equal marks, inter-se merit of such candidates shall be decided as follows:
- Resolution by finding the ratio of positive marks and negative marks. Candidate having the higher absolute value of the ratio will be given better rank
- Resolution by marks obtained in Section-A. Candidate obtaining higher marks will be given better rank.
- Resolution by marks obtained in Section-B. Candidate obtaining higher marks will be given better rank.
- Resolution by marks obtained in Section-C. Candidate obtaining higher marks will be given better rank.
- Resolution by marks obtained in Section-D. Candidate obtaining higher marks will be given better rank.
- Resolution by number of unanswered questions in Section-A. Candidate with less number of unanswered questions will be given better rank.
- Resolution by number of unanswered questions in Section-B. Candidate with less number of unanswered questions will be given better rank.
- Resolution by number of unanswered questions in Section-C. Candidate with less number of unanswered questions will be given better rank.
- Resolution by number of unanswered questions in Section-D. Candidate with less number of unanswered questions will be given better rank.
- If the resolution is not possible after this criterion, candidates with higher age will be given better rank.
Counselling for GUBED CET will start after the announcement of result, candidates will be allocated seats according to the merit list that will be notified at the official website, i.e.,www.gauhati.ac.in. The counselling process for GUBED CET 2020 will be done on the basis of candidates obtained marks in the entrance exam and UG and PG weightage method will be announced by the concerned authority.
Official Website: www.gauhati.ac.in.
For more information regarding Gauhati University B.Ed Admission 2020, check 2019’s Admission Instruction
Insofar, official details of Gauhati University B.Ed Admission 2020 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as information brochure releases, details will be updated here.