GBPUAT 2020 – Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture & Technology University conducts the GBPUAT 2020 Entrance Examination for admissions into Undergraduate, Masters and Ph.D programmes. It is a State Level Entrance Examination conducted in Offline mode. Candidates must fulfill the prescribed Eligibility Criteria for different courses by the University before applying for GBPUAT 2020. Candidates can register online on gbpuat.ac.in, official website. Registration starts in the month of February 2020. For details follow this article.
The Admissions Committee will decide the cutoff marks for the academic year for qualifying the entrance examination after declaration of Rank-wise list of the candidates appeared in the Entrance Examination conducted by the University. To stay updated with important Events related to GBPUAT 2020, refer to below given table:
|GBPUAT 2020||Important Dates (Expected)|
|Online filing of GBPUAT 2020 Application form for UG, Masters, MCA and Ph.D. Programmes||2nd week of Feb 2020 – Last week of Mar 2020|
|Online filing of GBPUAT 2020 Application form for M.Tech. Programmes and Sponsored candidates for Masters‟, M.Tech. and Ph.D. programmes||2nd week of Feb 2020 – Last week of Mar 2020|
|Last date for receipt of print out of online application form UG, Masters, MCA and Ph.D. programmes|
2nd week of Apr 2020
|2. M.Tech. programmes and Sponsored candidates for Masters‟, M.Tech. and Ph.D. programmes||2nd week of May 2020|
|GBPUAT 2020 Admit Card download||5th week of May 2020|
|GBPUAT 2020 Exam date For Master’ and Ph.D. ProgrammesFor Undergraduate Programmes and MCA Programme||1st week of June 2020|
|GBPUAT 2020 Result Declaration||3rd week of June 2020|
|GBPUAT 2020 Counselling||2nd – 3rd week of July 2020|
GBPUAT 2020 Syllabus
While preparing for GBPUAT 2020 candidates must go through the Syllabus prescribed. Candidates can check the syllabus below provided for :
- ENTRANCE EXAMINATION OF UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMME
- ENTRANCE EXAMINATION OF MASTER‟S PROGRAMME
Click here to check the Syllabus for GBPUAT 2020
GBPUAT Important Books
Some important books candidates can refer to for preparation of GBPUAT 2020 are provided below:
|Important Books||Available Books|
|Pantnagar Agriculture Entrance Examination||Buy here|
|B.Sc Agriculture Entrance Exam||Buy here|
|Objective Questions of Agriculture||Buy here|
GBPUAT 2020 Preparation
Pantnagar University is the most prestigious University for Agricultural Programmes. Candidates seeking admission in various programmes offered by the University must prepare accordingly. Some Preparation tips for candidates are provided below:
- Firstly, before starting with the Preparation candiadates must go through the Syllabus and Exam Pattern provided for the Entrance Examination. Candidates must check Exam Pattern for their Respective programmes and prepare accordingly.
- Prepare from the NCERT books of class 11th and 12th as most of the questions are asked from NCERT books of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology.
- UG Course requires basics knowledge of PCM Concepts. Strengthen your basic concepts from School Books.
- Candidates also need to work on Mental Aptitude, Analytical and Logical Questions. Common sense and General Knowledge is required in these sections.
- Time management is very important for passing any examination with good marks. Prepare accordingly and manage your time so that you don’t loose on marks.
- Lastly revise all your concepts and notes prepared before the Examination. This will help a lot and will brush up all your Concepts.
GBPUAT 2020 Examination Centers
Following are the paces for conducting GBPUAT 2020 Examination :
|Place code||U.G. PROGRAMME||MASTERS‟ PROGRAMME||MCA PROGRAMME||Ph.D. PROGRAMME|
- Every effort will be made to assign the place of choice of the candidate. However, the University reserves the right to assign the candidate to any one of the above places without assigning any reason.
- The place once assigned shall not be changed.
- Any of the above places can be changed at the discretion of the University.
GBPUAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the below given Eligibility Criteria before for GBPUAT 2020:
Age Limit :
- Maximum age limit for admission to all Undergraduate programmes except B.Tech. and B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree programmes is 22 years (25 years for SC/ST categories)
- For B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree programme the minimum age limit is 17 years and the maximum age of 25 years. There shall be relaxation of maximum age by five years for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- This regulation shall not be applicable to the candidates seeking admission to P.G. Programmes.
|UG and Masters||Only Uttarakhand Domicile Students.|
|M.Tech, MCA and Ph.D||Uttarakhand Domicile and Other State Students are eligible|
|Sponsored (Masters, M.Tech and Ph.D)||Employees of GBPUAT, Pantnagar and Development Departments|
|Ph.D Programme||Govt. Fellowship Holders of UGC/CSIR/ DBT/ ICMR|
GBPUAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern for GBPUAT 2020 is different for different courses. Candidates need to study the Exam Pattern carefully for their preparation. Following is the Exam Pattern as per the last year details:
Marking Scheme : For all the programmes (Ph.D., MASTERS AND UNDERGRADUATES) 3 marks are awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark is deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Ph.D. Programme||Subject Matter Test Total Duration : 3 hours Total Marks : 600 marks Type of questions : MCQ type|
|Masters programmes and MCA programme||(i) Aptitude Test and (ii) Subject Matter |
Total Duration : 3 hours Total no of questions: 50 and 150 questions for all groups (except Physical & Life Sciences) respectivelyType of questions – MCQ Type Medium : English
|Undergraduate Programmes||Total Duration : 3 hours Total marks : 600Type of questions : MCQ type Medium : English and Hindi both|
GBPUAT 2020 Application Form
Application Form GBPUAT 2020 is released by Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture & Technology University. Candidates are required to submit their Application Confirmation page along with the important documents to the University via post. Application once submitted is not allowed to be withdrawn. Candidates can register online on gbpuat.ac.in, official website.
Application Form Fee : As per the last year details, candidates need to submit the following Application Fee :
|For General/OBC||Rs. 1200/-|
|For SC/ST/PH||Rs. 600/-|
Mode of Application Fee payment : The Applicant can submit fee by Online, the Applicant can pay fee via, Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking. Applicants are advised to keep with them a copy of the “Online Fee Receipt” as a token of remittance of fee for future reference.
Note : Application fee once paid will not be refunded in any case, neither it shall be held reserved for any other examination or selection process in future.
Documents to be submitted with GBPUAT 2020 Application Form :
List of documents to be submitted alongwith the application form:
- Confirmation page print out of application form.
- Copy of Online fee Receipt.
- Self attested copy of Category and Weightage Certificate, if eligible
- Self attested copy of Certificate/Marksheet qualifying examination (appearing in the qualifying examination can submit before counselling).
- Self attested copy of Category/Weightage Certificates, High School Certificate and Marksheet of qualifying examination. (The candidates appearing in the qualifying examination must send the marksheet of the previous year.)
- Documents to be put in an Envelope of size 12” x 9” and superscribing “Application for Undergraduate/Masters‟/ MCA/M.Tech./Ph.D. so as to reach positively by due date.
GBPUAT 2020 Admit Card
Admit Card for GBPUAT 2020 is released by Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture & Technology University. Admit Cards can be downloaded online from the official website suing Candidate’s name, Date of Birth and Registration number. No separate admit cards will be issued by the Coordinator Admissions via post. Admit Card must be brought on the day of Examination, as no entry is permitted without valid GBPUAT 2020 Admit Card. In case a candidate fails to download the Admit Card due to any reason or has lost, a duplicate Admit Card can be obtained from the Superintendent of the Entrance Examination at the Centre of his/her examination after depositing a sum of Rs. 20.00, a copy of passport size photograph similar to that pasted on the verification form and a copy of the online application form.
Duplicate Admit Card : In case a candidate fails to download the Admit Card due to any reason or has lost, a duplicate Admit Card can be obtained from the Superintendent of the Entrance Examination at the Centre of his/her examination after depositing a sum of Rs.20, a copy of passport size photograph similar to that pasted on the verification form and a copy of the online application form.
GBPUAT 2020 Result
GBPUAT 2020 Result is declared online on the official website for all the programmes offered at the University. Candidates can check the Result for their respective programme in the form of PDF. The Admissions Committee will decide the cutoff marks for the academic year for qualifying the entrance examination after declaration of Rank-wise list of the candidates appeared in the Entrance Examination conducted by the University.
Merit List : With the release of GBPUAT 2020 Result a Merit List is also prepared and displayed on the official website. The merit shall be decided on the basis of Ranks secured in the Entrance examination. In case of two or more candidates securing equal marks, Merit is decided by a Tie Breaking Criteria for respective courses given below :
- For Ph.D. Programmes if the marks secured by two or more candidates are the same, the merit shall be decided on the basis of marks secured in the qualifying examination.
- For Masters‟ programmes in the event of two or more candidates securing equal marks the merit shall be decided on the basis of marks secured in the Aptitude Test and then qualifying examination
- For Undergraduate programmes in the event of two or more candidates securing equal marks, the merit shall be decided on the basis of marks secured in Mental Agility then Physics, Chemistry and thereafter in the qualifying examination. In the event of tie again, a candidate with higher in age would be rated higher in merit.
GBPUAT 2020 Seat Reservation
The seat not filled through candidates of reserved categories in Ph.D. programmes only shall be converted to General Category seats and filled up accordingly
GBPUAT 2020 Counselling
Qualified candidates, as per merit, shall be called for counselling on a specified date and time for consideration of admission to various Undergraduate, Masters‟, MCA and Ph.D. programmes. The counselling will continue till the last seat in each programme is filled up. The candidates are advised to see regularly the website of the University for counselling dates. No separate letter will be sent to the candidates. Counselling schedule will be notified in the newspapers. The candidates will have to report at the counselling place as per schedule given in counselling letter for checking of relevant documents and depositing prescribed fee. Those candidates who do not turn up at their call will be given a chance at the end of the day. They can claim only the programmes/majors in which seats are available at that time and as per their qualifications/ groups. The candidates coming for personal appearance should bring along the following documents for checking and depositing before counselling:
- High School Certificate and Marks-Sheet alongwith the originals.
- Intermediate Certificate and Marks-Sheet alongwith the originals.
- Marks-Sheet and Certificate of any other higher degree qualifications alongwith the originals.
- Domicile Certificate of Uttarakhand State
- Character and Conduct Certificate
- Five-passport size photographs with name and Roll Number written on the back.
- Original copy of Category Certificate.
- Solemn Voluntary declaration form
- A Gap Certificate
- The Migration/Transfer Certificate in original
- Medical fitness certificate
Note: Candidates seeking admission to Masters‟ and Ph.D. programmes must submit final year MarkSheet/PDC (indicating percentage of marks) at the time of counselling. Without the above documents they will not be allowed to appear before Admission Committee.
GBPUAT 2020 Fee Structure
Click here to check the revised Fee Structure of different degree programmes of the University.
About Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture &Technology University
The G.B. Pant University is a symbol of successful partnership between India and the United States. The establishment of this university brought about a revolution in agricultural education, research and extension. It paved the way for setting up of 31 other agricultural universities in the country.It offers admission in Undergraduate, Masters and Ph.D programmes. All admissions in the University shall be made strictly on merit as determined on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Competitive Entrance Examination to be conducted by the University.
Official website : gbpuat.ac.in
For more information candidates can refer to Last year’s Information Brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.