GBPUAT 2020 – Due to COVID 19 outbreak across the country, this year exam conducting authority has decided to take admission in the UG Programs on the basis of merit in Intermediate or equivalent examination. It is also decided that the percentage of marks secured in decided subjects at an intermediate or equivalent level will be considered for preparing merit. Whereas, entrance exam dates of Masters’, MCA and Ph.D courses have announced on the official website, gbpuat.ac.in. The university offers admission in Masters’, MCA & Ph.D Programs through online Entrance Examination from home. Those candidates who are not interested to take admission on the basis of the new admission process, they can withdraw their applications. For getting details about GBPUAT 2020, follow this article.
– The revised vacant seat matrix for M.Tech. Programmes for Spot Counselling has been released. Scroll down to check it.
– GBUPAT 2020 Notification for spot round of counselling for Ph.D Programmes has been released. Click here to check it.
– GBUPAT 2020 Notification for spot round of counselling for M.Tech Programmes has been released. Click here to check it.
– GBUPAT 2020 Notice has released for Document Verification. Click here to download it.
– GBUPAT 2020 Notification for the second round of counseling for Masters’, MCA, M.Tech. and Ph.D. programs has released. Click here to check the PDF.
The new admission procedure has been announced for UG and PG Admission. To stay updated with important Events related to GBPUAT 2020, refer to below-given table:
Schedule for UG Candidates to withdraw their candidature
|Start date to withdraw the applications / Fill the form for new candidates||01 Aug 2020|
|Last date to withdraw the applications / End date to submit the form for new candidates||15 Aug 2020|
|GBPUAT 2020||Important Dates|
|Online filing of GBPUAT 2020 Application form for UG, Masters, MCA and Ph.D. Programmes||01 Mar- |
|Online filing of GBPUAT 2020 Application form for M.Tech. Programs and Sponsored candidates for Masters‟, M.Tech. and Ph.D. programs||01 Apr-|
15 Jun 2020
|Last date to print of Application form for M.Tech. Programmes and Sponsored candidates|
15 Jun 2020
|Last date for receipt of print out of online application form UG, Masters, MCA and Ph.D. programmes|
25 Jun 2020
|Entrance Exam Date for Masters, MCA and Ph.D Courses|
|Release of UG Merit List||Released!|
|1st Round Counselling for UG|
|Choice Filling||10 – 17 Oct 2020|
|Declaration of Result||24 Oct 2020|
|Duration of Seat Acceptance and Fee Deposit||25 – 30 Oct 2020|
|Duration of Registration||01 – 05 Nov 2020|
|2nd Round Counselling for UG|
|Choice Filling||04 – 06 Nov 2020|
|Declaration of Result||10 Nov 2020|
|Duration of Seat Acceptance and Fee Deposit||11 – 12 Nov 2020|
|Duration of Registration||17 – 20 Nov 2020|
|Spot Round Counseling for UG|
|Dates of Choice filling||28 Nov – 01 Dec 2020|
|Publication of merit list of registered candidates on the portal||02 Dec 2020|
|Physical Counselling||03-05 Dec 2020|
GBUPAT 2020 – Latest Updates
06 Jan 2021 – Check out the revised vacant seat matrix for M.Tech. Programmes Spot Counselling scheduled on January 07, 2021 – Download PDF Here
GBUPAT 2020 Spot Round Counselling Notification
- Click here to download the notification UG spot counselling (Day 2).
- Click here to download the above notification (Earlier Notice).
GBUPAT 2020 Spot Round Counselling Schedule and Cut Off
Click here to check the complete notice
GBPUAT 2020 Second Counselling Schedule and Cut off
GBPUAT 2020 First Counselling Schedule and Cut off
GBPUAT 2020 Counselling
Online counselling for all programmes (UG/Masters”/M.C.A./M.Tech./Ph,D.) will be carried out after declaration of results. Dates of different rounds of counselling will be decided keeping in view the date of commencement of first semester of academic session 2020-21 and will be uploaded on the website (gbpuat.ac.in) of the university along with the list of eligible candidates for different rounds of counselling. The candidates are advised to see regularly the website of the University for counselling dates. No separate letter for any round of counselling will be sent to any candidate.
2nd Round Counselling for UG:
- Click here to download GBPUAT 2020 UG 2nd Round Counselling Schedule and Cut Off.
1st Round Counselling for UG:
- Click here to download GBPUAT 2020 UG 1st Round Counselling Schedule and Cut Off.
- Click here to download GBPUAT 2020 UG 1st Round Counselling Instruction.
List of Documents to be submitted at the time of Counselling is provided below:
- Seat allotment letter
- Receipt of counselling fee
- Receipt of programme fee
- Self Attested photocopies of High School Certificate and Marks-Sheet alongwith the originals.
- Self Attested photocopies of Intermediate Certificate and Marks-Sheet alongwith the originals.
- Self Attested photocopies of Marks-Sheet and Certificate of any other higher degree qualifications that he/she may possess alongwith the originals.
- Domicile Certificate of Uttarakhand State issued by the competent authority after 20 Nov. 2001.
- Rural/Sports/Agriculturists Weightage Certificate, in original, as given in Prospectus 2020-2021, if applicable.
- Character and Conduct Certificate in original from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- Five-passport size photographs with name and Roll Number written on the back.
- Original copy of the Valid Category Certificate.
- Solemn Voluntary declaration form
- A Gap Certificate accounting for discontinuity of more than three months after leaving the Institution last attended.(Those employed should bring certificate from employer, others should produce a sworn affidavit duly notarized on stamp paper of Rs.10/- + Notary stamps Rs.10/- (total value Rs.20/-).
- The Migration/Transfer Certificate in original to be submitted within three months of the admission.
- On the directives of the Hon‟ble Supreme Court an affidavit duly signed by the candidate and his/her parents/guardian for non-participation in ragging on a non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 10.00 duly notarized.
- Medical fitness certificate in the prescribed format.
GBPUAT 2020 Result
GBPUAT 2020 Result declares online on the official website for all programmes offered at the University. Candidates can check the Result for their respective programme in the form of PDF. The Admissions Committee will decide the cutoff marks for the academic year for qualifying the entrance examination after the declaration of Rank-wise list of the candidates appeared in the Entrance Examination conducted by the University.
Merit List : With the release of GBPUAT 2020 Result a Merit List is also be prepared and displayed on the official website. The merit is decided on the basis of Ranks secured in the Entrance examination. In case of two or more candidates securing equal marks, Merit is decided by a Tie Breaking Criteria for respective courses given below :
- For Ph.D. Programmes, if the marks secured by two or more candidates are the same, the merit shall be decided on the basis of marks secured in the qualifying examination.
- For Master’s programs in the event of two or more candidates securing equal marks the merit shall be decided on the basis of marks secured in the Aptitude Test and then qualifying examination
- For Undergraduate programs in the event of two or more candidates securing equal marks, the merit shall be decided on the basis of marks secured in Mental Agility then Physics, Chemistry and thereafter in the qualifying examination. In the event of tie again, a candidate with higher age would be rated higher in merit.
GBPUAT 2020 PG and Ph.D Entrance Exam Schedule
GBPUAT has released the entrance exam schedule for admissions to Masters’, MCA and Ph.D. programmes. Now the Masters’, MCA and Ph.D entrance exam will conduct in two shifts as per the following schedule. Check the complete exam date and slot from the below PDF.
Click here to download the GBPUAT 2020 PG and Ph.D Entrance Exam Revised Schedule.
- Click here to download the GBPUAT 2020 PG and Ph.D Entrance Exam Schedule.
- Click here to check the GBPUAT 2020 PG and Ph.D Entrance Exam Schedule.
GBPUAT 2020 – Updates
Regarding Postponement of Exams
Click here to download the Notice.
Regarding Mock Test
Click here to download the full notice.
Notice regarding tentative list for preparing merit for admission to UG programs
Click here to download the Notice
Application Extension and Document Upload Notice
A notice has been released regarding the last date to submit the online application form. You can fill the form for UG till August 15, 2020. A last date for submitting the application form for PG and Ph.D. is extended up to August 30, 2020. You can download the notice provided below.
Click here to download the GBUPAT 2020 PG Extension Notice
Last Date to Upload Marks Extended
Click here to check the above Notice.
New Exam Date Notice
Click here to check the above Notice.
Revised Admission Procedure
University has decided to take admission in the UG Programs on the basis of merit in Intermediate or equivalent examination.
Click here to check the notice.
University has decided to conduct an online Entrance Examination from home for admission in PG Courses.
Click here to check the notice
GBPUAT 2020 Application Form
Application Form GBPUAT 2020 has been released by Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture & Technology University. Candidates are required to submit their Application Confirmation page along with the important documents to the University via post. Application once submitted is not allowed to be withdrawn. Candidates can register online on gbpuat.ac.in, official website.
Application Form Fee : Candidates need to submit the following Application Fee :
|For General/OBC||Rs. 1200/-|
|For SC/ST/PH||Rs. 600/-|
Mode of Application Fee payment : The Applicant can submit fee by Online, the Applicant can pay fee via, Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking. Applicants are advised to keep with them a copy of the “Online Fee Receipt” as a token of remittance of fee for future reference.
Note : Application fee once paid will not be refunded in any case, neither it shall be held reserved for any other examination or selection process in future.
Documents to be submitted with GBPUAT 2020 Application Form :
List of documents to be submitted alongwith the application form:
- Confirmation page print out of application form.
- Copy of Online fee Receipt.
- Self attested copy of Category and Weightage Certificate, if eligible
- Self attested copy of Certificate/Marksheet qualifying examination (appearing in the qualifying examination can submit before counselling).
- Self attested copy of Category/Weightage Certificates, High School Certificate and Marksheet of qualifying examination. (The candidates appearing in the qualifying examination must send the marksheet of the previous year.)
- Documents to be put in an Envelope of size 12” x 9” and superscribing “Application for Undergraduate/Masters‟/ MCA/M.Tech./Ph.D. so as to reach positively by due date.
GBPUAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the below given Eligibility Criteria before for GBPUAT 2020:
- Maximum age limit for admission to all Undergraduate programmes except B.Tech. and B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree programmes is 22 years (25 years for SC/ST categories) as on 30-06-2020.
- This limit may be relaxed in case of sponsored/nominated candidates.
- This regulation shall not be applicable to the candidates seeking admission to P.G. Programmes. For B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree programme the minimum age limit is 17 years and the maximum age of 25 years as on or before 31 December 2020.
- There shall be relaxation of maximum age by five years for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- For Undergraduate and Masters‟ programmes, only Bonafide Residents of Uttarakhand are eligible.
- For M.Tech. programmes (except Agricultural Engineering programmes) over and above the sanctioned seats, 30 percent of sanctioned seats are allotted to Other State candidates. Applications will be filled up by the applicants but admissions will be made on the basis of their GATE qualified scores and/or B.Tech. marks (if seats remain vacant and no GATE qualified applicants are available).
- In Ph.D. programmes (except Ph.D. in Management) over and above the sanctioned seats, 25 percent of sanctioned seats shall be filled from the Other State candidates through the Entrance Examination conducted by the University.
- No Entrance Examination is conducted by the University for Admissions to any B.Tech. Programme (except B.Tech. Food Tech.). The seats for other B.Tech. programme are filled up through Joint Entrance Examination conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA)
- Every effort will be made to assign the place of choice of the candidate. However, the University reserves the right to assign the candidate to any one of the above places without assigning any reason.
- The place once assigned shall not be changed.
- Any of the above places can be changed at the discretion of the University.
GBPUAT 2020 Syllabus
While preparing for GBPUAT 2020 candidates must go through the Syllabus prescribed. Candidates can check the syllabus below provided for various programmes-
- Click here to download Corrigendum to Syllabus for Entrance Examination of UG Programmes 2020-21.
- Click here to download syllabus for UG Programmes.
- Click here to download syllabus for PG Programmes.
The syllabus for MCA programme is as given below-
GBPUAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern for GBPUAT 2020 is different for different courses. Candidates need to study the Exam Pattern carefully for their preparation.
Marking Scheme : For all the programmes (Ph.D., MASTERS‟ AND UNDERGRADUATES) 3 marks are awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark is deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Ph.D. Programme||3-hour duration
|Masters‟ programs and MCA programme||(i) Aptitude Test and (ii) Subject Matter
Total Duration : 3 hours
Total no of questions: 50 and 150 questions for all groups (except Physical & Life Sciences) respectively
Type of questions – MCQ Type
Medium : English
|Undergraduate Programmes||Total Duration : 3 hours
Total marks: 600
Type of questions: MCQ type
Medium : English and Hindi both
GBPUAT 2020 Admit Card
Admit Card for GBPUAT 2020 will be released by Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture & Technology University. Admit Cards can be downloaded online from the official website suing Candidate’s name, Date of Birth and Registration number. No separate admit cards will be issued by the Coordinator Admissions via post. Admit Card must be brought on the day of Examination, as no entry is permitted without valid GBPUAT 2020 Admit Card.
GBPUAT 2020 Seat Reservation
The seat not filled through candidates of reserved categories in Ph.D. programmes only shall be converted to General Category seats and filled up accordingly
GBPUAT Important Books
Some important books candidates can refer to for preparation of GBPUAT 2020 are provided below:
|Important Books||Available Books|
|Pantnagar Agriculture Entrance Examination||Buy here|
|B.Sc Agriculture Entrance Exam||Buy here|
|Objective Questions of Agriculture||Buy here|
GBPUAT 2020 Preparation
Pantnagar University is the most prestigious University for Agricultural Programmes. Candidates seeking admission in various programmes offered by the University must prepare accordingly. Some Preparation tips for candidates are provided below:
- Firstly, before starting with the Preparation candiadates must go through the Syllabus and Exam Pattern provided for the Entrance Examination. Candidates must check Exam Pattern for their Respective programmes and prepare accordingly.
- Prepare from the NCERT books of class 11th and 12th as most of the questions are asked from NCERT books of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology.
- UG Course requires basics knowledge of PCM Concepts. Strengthen your basic concepts from School Books.
- Candidates also need to work on Mental Aptitude, Analytical and Logical Questions. Common sense and General Knowledge is required in these sections.
- Time management is very important for passing any examination with good marks. Prepare accordingly and manage your time so that you don’t loose on marks.
- Lastly revise all your concepts and notes prepared before the Examination. This will help a lot and will brush up all your Concepts.
About Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture &Technology University
The G.B. Pant University is a symbol of successful partnership between India and the United States. The establishment of this university brought about a revolution in agricultural education, research and extension. It paved the way for setting up of 31 other agricultural universities in the country.It offers admission in Undergraduate, Masters and Ph.D programmes. All admissions in the University shall be made strictly on merit as determined on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Competitive Entrance Examination to be conducted by the University.
Official website : gbpuat.ac.in
For getting more details about GBPUAT 2020 Admission-
- Download Notification
- Download Information Brochure
- Instructions for Seat Acceptance (UG) and Fee Deposition
- Eligible Candidates list for the first round of counseling
- Eligible candidates list for Ph.D. Counseling
- Seat distribution of M.Tech. Programs
- Seat distribution of Master’s Programs
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.