GGU VRET 2020 – Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya has postponed the entrance examination date. Candidates can check the new entrance exam date from this page. Candidates applied for admission to programs leading to Doctor of Philosophy Degree in various disciplines for the session 2020-21 ca download the admit card online. Admission is done through the Vishwavidyalaya Research Entrance Test (VRET) and direct interview (VRET Exempted Category). The Common Research Entrance Test (VRET) 2020 – 21 shall be conducted at Bilaspur, University Campus. Interested candidates can check this article regarding the GGU VRET 2020 – 2021 information.
- GGU VRET 2020 Entrance exam date has been changed. Scroll down the page to check the GGU VRET 2020 schedule.
- GGU VRET 2020 Admit Cards are released candidate can download it online.
GGU VRET 2020 – 2021
The Vishwavidyalaya Research Entrance Test 2020 – 2021 will be held on as per schedule. Candidates were advised to submit the online application form before the last date. Candidates can check the schedule table for the GGU VRET 2020 – 2021 events.
|Starting date of Online Application Process||31 Dec 2019|
|Closing date of online submission of Application forms||24 Jan 2020|
|Availability of Admit card from||31 Jan 2020|
|Date of Vishwavidyalaya Research Entrance Test|
|Declaration of Results of VRET||02 Mar 2020|
|Interview schedule for Bio technology||To be Announced|
|Date and Time of Registration for counselling||To be Announced|
|Date of Interview||To be Announced|
GGU VRET 2020 Extended Exam date Web Notice
The entrance exam date of GGU VRET has been changed. Candidates appearing for the exam can check the notice released by the University.
GGU VRET 2020 Admit Card
The Admit Card of GGU VRET 2020 Entrance test is released. Candidate can download it from the official website or from the GGU VRET 2020 Admit card page also. Admit card is the important document to carry to the examination hall without it the candidate is not allowed to sit for the exam. Admit card carries candidate’s details like name, roll number, date of birth, examination time and venue of the exam center.
GGU VRET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates appearing for the exam must check the exam pattern before starting preparation for the exam. GGU VRET Exam Pattern 2020 is given below.
- Duration of Exam – 2 hours (120 minutes)
- Mode of Exam – Offline
- Medium of Language – Hindi, English (depends as per the subjects)
- No. of Questions – 100
- Maximum Marks – 100
- Distribution of Marks –
|Interview/Viva – Voce/Presentation||30%|
Syllabus: Click here to check the syllabus of GGU VRET Entrance test.
GGU VRET 2020 Application Form
Candidates willing to take admission in the course need to fill up the application form online. Candidates have to submit the application form for VRET/VRET-Exempted category through online mode only. There is no need to submit the hardcopy of the application form submitted online for VRET. Candidates have to retain the printout of online submitted application form with them and they have to produce it before the Admission Committee/DRC.
Application Fee: Candidates have to pay the fee of Rs.1000/- in case of General / OBC and Rs.500/- in case of SC / ST / PWD Category and shall be paid through online mode only during the process of registration.
GGU VRET 2020 – 2021 Eligibility Criteria
For VRET Category:
- Applicant for admission to the Ph.D. program shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions. Provided further that, the students appearing for final year or final semester of their post-graduate degree examination will also be eligible to appear for the admission process subject to the fulfilment of minimum eligibility criteria at the time of interview/counselling.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories of applicant as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based on only the qualifying marks. Mathematical rule of rounding off numbers shall not be followed for calculation of the percentage of marks.
- An applicant possessing a Degree, considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, subject to the approval of Equivalence Committee of this University, shall also be eligible for admission to Ph.D. program.
For VRET Exempted:
- Permanent/Regular teachers having an appointment on substantive posts in the Teaching departments of the Universities who have completed their probation successfully with an experience of at least two years of uninterrupted service would be considered under this category. Page 5 of 15
- Foreign students sponsored by the concerned embassy and having appropriate fellowship will be exempted from the test, subject to the general rules framed by the Government of India from time to time and as applicable to the University with regard to the admission etc.
- Applicants who have qualified UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET(having own fellowship)/GATE/teacher fellowship holder /GPAT/JEST/RGNF/DST Inspire or any such applicants who belong to this category as per UGC notifications from time to time.
- Applicants who have successfully completed M.Phil. from GGV or any recognized institutions.
GGU VRET 2020 Result / Merit list
GGS releases result online for the VRET entrance test. Candidates who appeared for the exam can access the result from the official website of GGU or from the GGU VRET Result 2020 page also. The result releases in the form of the merit list. The category-wise merit list is prepared and releases on the official website as well as on the departmental notice board also.
GGU VRET 2020 Seat Matrix
Candidates can check the seat matrix of GGU VRET 2020 from the below table. Seats given below are compiled of all the categories and branches/subjects of the specific stream.
|Stream||For VRET||VRET – Exempted|
|Engineering & Technology||32||3|
|Management & Commerce||20||5|
|Mathematical & Computational Science||15||4|
|Interdisciplinary Education & Research||22||8|
Note : For detailed breakup of seats candidate can check from the brochure given at the bottom of the page.
GGU VRET 2020 Fee Structure
The fee structure of the Engineering and Science subjects as well as other than it the fee is shared in the image below. Candidate can check from it.
- For Science/ Engineering and Technology Subjects
For Other than Science/ Engineering and Technology Subjects
Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya, is a Central University established by an Act of the State Legislative Assembly, was formally inaugurated on June 16, 1983. The university is located in Bilaspur. It’s one of the largest and oldest institutions of higher education of Chhattisgarh. The university is B+ accredited by NAAC. The university was named after Guru Ghasidas, the founder of the Satnami movement in the region. The university grants admission in various fields like law, Anthropology, Forensic science etc.
Official Website: ggu.ac.in
For more details regarding the GGU VRET 2020 – 2021, candidates can download the GGU VRET 2020 Information brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.