One of the oldest research training centers in Economics i.e Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics (GIPE) will be announced the notification regarding admissions for its M.Sc program to begin in 2019. The admissions in these disciplines are determined through a competitive exam which is conducted by the institute. The exam for the 2019 session will be held in the month of June 2019. Programmes offered are M. Sc. (Economics), M. Sc. (Financial Economics), M. Sc. (Agribusiness Economics), M. Sc. (International Business Economics & Finance).
GIPE Entrance Test 2019 for M.Sc
Interested candidates can fill the application form online. Application form for the same will available at the official website. Candidates must ensure their eligibility before filling the application form. A candidate who fill the application form on time only be able to give the entrance exam.
GIPE Entrance Test 2019 for M.Sc Important Dates
|Application start date||1st week of Apr 2019|
|Last date to receive applications||1st week of Jun 2019|
|Hall tickets issue dates||1st week of Jun 2019|
|Date of examination||2nd week of Jun 2019|
|Result declaration||3rd week of Jun 2019|
|Date of document verification||3rd week of Jun 2019|
|Commencement of the Programme||3rd week of Jun 2019|
|Closure of Admissions||3rd week of Aug 2019|
Schedule for Iterations
|Iterations||Schedule for the offer of admission||Last date for acceptance of offer of admission and for payment of programme fees|
|I||3rd week of Jun 2019||3rd week of Jun 2019|
|II||last week of Jun 2019||last week of Jun 2019|
|III||last week of Jun 2019||1st week of Jul 2019|
|IV||1st week of Jul 2019||1st week of Jul 2019|
|V||1st week of Jul 2019||2nd week of Jul 2019|
GIPE Entrance Test 2019 Eligibility
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for the admission from below.
- Academic requirement- an undergraduate degree is essential
- Minimum marks requirement- 50% marks in the aggregate (45% for reserved category candidates) at graduation.
- Result awaiting candidates- candidates who are in the final year of their undergraduate and awaiting the results may also apply. However, in order to be considered for admission to the programme, their results must be conveyed by the respective universities to the Institute, preferably by fax/speed post, on or before the schedule.
GIPE 2019 Application Procedure/ Fees
Students seeking admission to the M. Sc. Degree Programmes shall visit the website www.gipe.ac.in and submit the application form as per instructions detailed therein, and submit it online along with application fee of Rs. 3,000/- (Rs. 1500/- for reserved category candidates domiciled in Maharashtra, for M.Sc. (Economics) only as per last year. Payment of the application fee shall be made only through the payments gateway by Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking.
Apply Online: The Application form of GIPE Entrance Test 2019 for M.Sc will be available on the official website www.gipe.ac.in.
The applicants shall be required to clearly stipulate in the application form their order of preference for the programmes. No change in the preference will be accepted after the submission of the application form. Admission to a particular programme shall be offered on the basis of the merit of the student in the Entrance Examination, preference/s indicated by him/her, and vacant seats available for that programme. In case of any dispute, the decision of the Admissions Committee of the Institute shall be final and binding
Testimonials to be upload along with the Application Form
- S.S.C./Matriculation certificate as proof of date of birth.
- Statement of marks of all courses at the graduation examination.
- Graduation Certificate/Statement of Marks/Transcript, or, if the result is awaited, a certificate from the institution to that effect.
- Caste Certificate/Domicile Certificate issued by the competent authority (for reserved category candidates)
- Candidates belonging to Jammu & Kashmir should submit Domicile Certificate issued by the competent authority of that State.
- For Physically Handicapped (PH) category candidates, Certificate of Disability issued by the competent authority.
Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics (GIPE) will released the admit card for the Entrance exam 2019 for M.sc programmes after the application process. Candidates who can fill the application form can download their admit card by providing their User ID and password. Downloading link of admit card will be provided below in future.
GIPE 2019 Exam pattern
The exam pattern for GIPE 2019 are as follows.
- Duration- 120 minutes
- Total questions -100
- Type of questions- Objective (with 4 options for 1 question)
- Marks for answers- 1 mark
- Negative marking- 1/4th mark deduction
|Subjects||Marks||Total number of questions|
|Aptitude in Mathematics and Statistics||30 marks||30 questions|
|Analytical Ability and Reasoning||20 marks||20 questions|
|Undergraduate level knowledge in Economics||50 marks||50 questions|
|Total||100 marks||100 questions|
Centres for the Entrance Examination:
- Pune, at Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, 846, Shivajinagar, Pune 411004
- Mumbai, at Maniben Nanavati Women’s College, Vallabhbhai Road, Vile Parle (W), Mumbai 400056
- New Delhi, at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Mehta Sadan, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi 110001 OR Rishabh Public School, Mayur Vihar, Phase – I, Delhi 110092
- Kolkata, at Maharaja Manindra Chandra College, 20 Ramkanto Bose Street, Kolkata 700003
- Chennai, at Meenakshi College for Women, C/O IIET 363 Arcot Road, Kodambakam, Chennai – 600024
- Ernakulam at St. Albert’s College, Banerji Road, Kacheripady, Ernakulam, Kerala 682 018
Certificates to be submitted at the time of admission
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Valid Non-Creamy Layer certificate for OBC, SBC, NT candidates
Note: Candidates admitted to the M.Sc. Programmes shall be required to produce original certificates and statements of marks at the time of document verification.
Syllabus for GIPE Entrance Test 2019 for M.Sc
The candidates who want to prepare for the examination should be familiar with the syllabus. Therefore, here it is.
- Descriptive Statistics-Measures of Central Tendency- Measures of dispersion-Correlation and Regression Coefficient – Probability Theory- Index Numbers.
- Mathematics for economics – Algebra, Calculus and Matrix Algebra.
- Analytical Ability and Reasoning
- Macroeconomics (Demand Curves, Price and Income Elasticity of Demand, Cost Curves, Equilibrium of Firm under different market structures).
- Macroeconomics (National Income, Theory of Income Determination, Fiscal and Monetary Policy, Trade and Balance of Payments).
- Basic theories of growth and development.
- Recent developments in Indian Economy and international economic issues of contemporary importance.
The merit list cum result of GIPE’s entrance examination will be uploaded online on the official website of the institute and also displayed on the Notice board of the institute. The result is displayed after the successful completion of the Entrance Exam. Candidates who appear in the examination can now check their results from the official website or through the direct link, which will be provided below.
Admission shall be strictly in order of merit, as assessed by performance in the Entrance Examination. Admission to the Programmes will be provisional and shall be subject to confirmation by the Admissions Committee of the Institute upon physical verification of original documents. The decision of the Admissions Committee in the matter of admission and program-wise allocation of seats shall be final and binding
Allocation of Seats for Admission
M. Sc. (Economics)
The total number of students admitted to this Programme will be 40. The reservation of seats for the M.Sc. (Economics) programme shall be as per the guidelines of Government of Maharashtra as may be applicable at the time of admission. Only those candidates who are domiciled residents of Maharashtra shall be eligible for admission to the M.Sc. (Economics) programme against seats earmarked for reserved categories. Seats not filled in the reserved category shall be transferred to the open category.
M. Sc. (Financial Economics) / M. Sc. (Agribusiness Economics) / M. Sc. (International Business Economics & Finance)*
The total number of students to be admitted to the above Programmes will be 40 each. The allocation of seats shall be as per Government of India guidelines with 50.5% of the seats in the open merit category and the rest in the reserved category subject to certain performance criteria in the Entrance Examination. Reserved category seats shall be allotted to SC (15%), ST (7.5 %) and OBCs (27%). Seats not filled in the reserved category shall be transferred to the open category.
For all Programmes
- The Institute reserves the right to increase the number of seats, if required.
- 2 seats (supernumerary) shall be reserved in each programme for students who are domiciled residents of the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Students seeking admission under SC/ST/DTNT/VJNT/NT categories shall be required to submit self-attested photocopies of caste certificate issued by the competent authority.
- 1 seat (supernumerary) in each programme shall be reserved for candidates belonging to Physically Handicapped (PH) category.
- Candidates belonging to the Physically Handicapped (PH) category shall submit a self-attested photocopy of the disability certificate issued by a competent authority
GIPE Entrance Test 2019 for M.Sc Model Question Paper
Official Website: www.gipe.ac.in.
For detailed information about GIPE M.Sc Entrance Test 2019, Download Last Year Information Brochure.
Insofar, official details of GIPE Entrance Test 2019 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics releases GIPE Entrance Test 2019 information brochure, details will be updated here.