One of the oldest research training centers in Economics i.e Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics (GIPE) shall soon announce admissions for its M.Sc program to begin in 2018. The admissions in these disciplines are determined through a competitive exam which is conducted by the institute. The exam for the 2018 session can take place in the month of June 2018. Programmes offered are M. Sc. (Economics), M. Sc. (Financial Economics), M. Sc. (Agribusiness Economics), M. Sc. (International Business Economics & Finance).
A graduate with 50% (45% of reserved) would be considered eligible to apply in the eminent institute. You may apply starting from May 2018. The official website i.e gipe.ac.in The tentative schedule for the events to follow has been laid down in the table below.
GIPE Entrance Test 2018 for M.Sc
A candidate will be required to write a 120 minutes duration exam comprising of 100 Multiple Choice Questions worth 1 mark. There shall be negative marking of ¼ marks for incorrect answers. You can expect questions from topic arrays like- Aptitude in Mathematics and Statistics (30 questions), Analytical Ability and Reasoning (20 questions), Undergraduate level knowledge in Economics (50 questions).
GIPE Entrance Test 2018 for M.Sc Important Dates
The expected schedule suggests that the applications may start in May and carry on for the entire month. After that hall tickets will be issued in June 2018 and the exam may also take place in the same month. Exam takers will be able to see their results in June 2018.
|Application start date||May 2018|
|Last date to receive applications||3rd week of May 2018|
|Hall tickets issue dates||1st week of Jun 2018|
|Date of examination||02nd week of Jun 2018|
|Result declaration||3rd week of Jun 2018|
GIPE Entrance Test 2018 Eligibility
- Academic requirement- an undergraduate degree is essential
- Minimum marks requirement- 50% marks in the aggregate (45% for reserved category candidates) at graduation.
- Result awaiting candidates- candidates who are in the final year of their undergraduate and awaiting the results may also apply.
GIPE 2018 Exam pattern
- Duration- 120 minutes
- Total questions -100
- Type of questions- Objective (with 4 options for 1 question)
- Marks for answers- 1 mark
- Negative marking- 1/4th mark deduction
|Subjects||Marks||Total number of questions|
|Aptitude in Mathematics and Statistics||30 marks||30 questions|
|Analytical Ability and Reasoning||20 marks||20 questions|
|Undergraduate level knowledge in Economics||50 marks||50 questions|
|Total||100 marks||100 questions|
Syllabus for GIPE Entrance Test 2018 for M.Sc
The candidates who want to prepare for the examination should be familiar with the syllabus. Therefore, here it is.
- Descriptive Statistics-Measures of Central Tendency- Measures of dispersion-Correlation and Regression Coefficient – Probability Theory- Index Numbers.
- Mathematics for economics – Algebra, Calculus and Matrix Algebra.
- Analytical Ability and Reasoning
- Macroeconomics (Demand Curves, Price and Income Elasticity of Demand, Cost Curves, Equilibrium of Firm under different market structures).
- Macroeconomics (National Income, Theory of Income Determination, Fiscal and Monetary Policy, Trade and Balance of Payments).
- Basic theories of growth and development.
- Recent developments in Indian Economy and international economic issues of contemporary importance.
GIPE 2018 Application Procedure/ Fees
The candidates willing to apply must wait for the day when the application link will be embedded on the main website i.e gipe.ac.in. The online filled applications will be accepted only. In the form, clearly, stipulate your order of preference for the program you wish to pursue.
You shall have to pay the amount of Rs. 2,500/- (Rs. 1,250 for reserved category) through Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking.
Documents to be uploaded
- Date of Birth proof (S.S.C./Matriculation certificate).
- Marksheets of all courses to the graduation examination.
- Graduation Certificate/Statement of Marks/Transcripts.
- Caste Certificate/Domicile Certificate.
- Candidates belonging to Jammu & Kashmir should submit Domicile Certificate.
- Certificate of Disability for Physically Handicapped (PH) category individuals.
Centres for the Entrance Examination:
- New Delhi,
The merit list cum result of GIPE’s entrance examination will be uploaded online on the official website of the institute and also displayed on the Notice board of the institute. The expected dates for result announcement will be in June 2018. Website is
Certificates to be submitted at the time of admission
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Valid Non-Creamy Layer certificate for OBC, SBC, NT candidates
GIPE Entrance Test 2018 for M.Sc Model Question Paper
Insofar, official details of GIPE Entrance Test 2018 for M.Sc have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics Pune releases GIPE Entrance Test 2018 for M.Sc information brochure, details will be updated here.
For detailed information about GIPE Entrance Test, Candidate can Download Information Brochure of 2017.