GMAT 2020 – Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 in the country, Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) has decided to conduct GMAT online. Until now, the exam was held in CBT mode. The registration for GMAT 2020 is open and the candidates can register at mba.com. Appointment dates for GMAT 2020 are available from April 20 to June 15, 2020. After qualifying GMAT, the candidates can take admission in MBA in top business schools around the world. Check more information about GMAT 2020 here such as registration fee, exam pattern, test day instructions etc.
Latest: Application form for GMAT 2020 has been released. Scroll down to apply!
As GMAT will be conducted wholly online, this time candidates cannot give retakes for the exam. The exam will be conducted one time only. Check important dates related to GMAT 2020 from the table given below.
|GMAT 2020||Important Dates|
|GMAT 2020 start of appointment date||20 Apr 2020 onwards|
|GMAT 2020 appointment end date||15 June 2020|
|GMAT 2020 Result (Official)||After 7 days of the test|
GMAT 2020 Online Test – Latest News !!
As a precautionary measure against the Novel Coronavirus, GMAC has decided to conduct the test online. In other words, now the candidates can give the exam from their homes. With this new feature, candidates can appear for the test 24 x 7. GMAT is now an online proctored exam i.e. the exam can be taken from anywhere and the assessment will at the time of exam be done online itself. The students who will give GMAT exam now, will be able to use the whiteboard feature that enable the test takers to do the rough-work digitally only.
GMAT 2020 Selection Order
The selection order of the GMAT Online exam is fixed this time as Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal, Integrated Reasoning. Before appearing for the exam, decide 5 schools/programs to which you want to send GMAT scores. This time, candidates can send their score reports after the exam has been conducted.
For Official Notice regarding the GMAT 2020 Online Exam – Click here
GMAT 2020 Application Form
Application form for GMAT Online has released on the official website. Check GMAT 2020 application process given below.
How to Register?
- Go to the official website, mba.com and click on the GMAT link.
- After clicking on the GMAT link, click on the ‘Register Now’ link.
- Then, enter the details like name, e-mail address and password.
- Next, enter after creating the account, enter the personal details like e-mail id, title, name etc.
- Then, fill the application form with details like country, region, address, mobile number, language preference etc, date of birth, gender, educational details etc.
- Schedule the test and pay the application fee.
GMAT 2020 Application Fee
The registration fee for GMAT 2020 exam is US $200. Candidates can check the GMAT Examination Fee below.
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the Application Fee through Credit/Debit Cards, Cashier’s Checks, Money Orders and Personal Checks.
GMAT 2020 Re-Scheduling
Check the terms and conditions for the re-scheduling the test given below.
Candidates can reschedule or cancel their appointment time 24 hours before the appointed time of the exam. They can do so by logging into their GMAT account by entering the username and password. Check the amount given below to re-schedule or cancel the test.
- Re-schedule – US $25
- Cancel – US $100
GMAT 2020 Syllabus
Check the syllabus given below for GMAT.
Quantitative Reasoning: Number Properties, Triangles, Exponents, Quadratic Equations, Probability, Set Theory, Ratio and Proportion, Circles, Data Sufficiency, Problem Solving etc.
Verbal Reasoning: Pronoun, Modifiers, Subject-Verb Agreement, Idioms, Tenses, Comparsion, Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, Sentence Correction etc.
Integrated Reasoning: Graphics Interpretation, Table Analysis, Multi-source Reasoning, Two-part Analysis
GMAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Check the exam pattern given below for GMAT 2020.
- Mode of the Examination: GMAT is an online proctored test
- Duration: The candidates have 2 hours 15 minutes to complete the exam with 15 minutes additional time to check into the online proctored system.
- Total Number of Sections: The exam has 3 separately timed sections
- No. of questions: There are 79 questions in the exam.
|Test Section||Time Limit (in Minutes)||Number of Questions|
GMAT 2020 Important Books
Check the list of the important books to prepare for GMAT given below.
|GMAT Official Guide Quantitative Review 2020||Click Here|
|GMAT Official Vocabulary 2020-2021||Click Here|
|GMAT Official Guide 2021||Click Here|
|GMAT Prep Plus 2020||Click Here|
|GMAT Official Guide 2020||Click Here|
|GMAT Advanced Quant||Click Here|
How to Take GMAT 2020?
Since, now the examination is completely online, ensure some of the things given below before starting the test.
- Before a day of the exam, ensure the system from which test has to be taken is working fine.
- During the check-in process, the candidates are asked to take the photos of their work area which is further checked by the proctor.
- Ensure that the desktop of the system is clean, and things like papers, pencils, pens, sticky notes are away.
- Switch off any additional monitors or computers.
- Eating, smoking, chewing gum are prohibited during the exam.
- If candidates leave their exam in the middle, then, the proctor will cancel their exam.
- Candidates can move the camera only during the break.
- Return from the break as soon as possible, otherwise, the time will be deducted from your sectional time.
What things cannot be accessed during the exam: The candidates do not have access to the following items while giving the exam:
- Mobile Phones / Headphones
- Handheld computers
- Mobile phones, pagers, watches, wallets, bags, books, coats, notes
What is Allowed During the Breaks or Exam?
- Water in a clear glass is allowed
- Get up from your seat only after the instruction of 5 minute break on the computer screen
How to Schedule GMAT 2020?
Firstly, check the deadlines for your particular business programs and then build your timeline. The test can be scheduled in the given ways. The payment for the exam can be done via debit card / credit card / money transfer / check.
- Online: Create the account at mba.com and register for the exam.
- Phone: Call GMAT Customer service for your particular region.
- Postal Mail: Complete the application form and mail it with the payment
GMAT 2020 Result
Candidates will receive their official score for GMAT 2020 after 7 business days after completing the test on their registered e-mail ids. Now, unofficial scores cannot be previewed after the completion of exam. They can further send their scores to the 5 schools / programs. After the publishing of scores, candidates can not re-schedule the test now. GMAT score is valid till 5 years.
Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) was found in the year 1953 and since then it is actively committed to advancing the art and science of admissions by convening and representing the industry and offering best-in-class products and services for schools and students. GMAC first conducted the GMAT Examination in the year 1954 and at present, it is relied on by more than 7,000 graduate programs worldwide, and 9 out of 10 new MBA enrollments globally are made using a GMAT score. GMAT is a most widely used examination for various graduate business school admissions, and more than 200,000 candidates can take the GMAT Examination every year.
FAQs for GMAT 2020
What is GMAT online exam?
What is the structure of GMAT online exam?
What is the duration of GMAT online exam?
What are the locations for GMAT 2020 online exam?
How fair in advance do I have to register for GMAT online exam?
Are there any breaks allowed during the exam?
What are the technical system requirements for GMAT online exam?
How does the online whiteboard work?
Is the exam recorded?
What if I want to ask question during the exam?
What if there is a technical error before or during the exam?
When wilI I receive my score?
How long is my score of GMAT valid?
Can I take GMAT exam more than once?
What are the workspace requirements for the test?
Official Website: mba.com
For more details check – GMAT Official Handbook
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.