GMAT 2019 – The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) conducts the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). GMAT 2019 is a Computer Based Test (CBT). Candidates can apply for GMAT 2019 Examination online on the official site i.e. mba.com. Candidates can not appear for the examination more than 5 times in a year and not more than 8 times in total. GMAT Examination allows the candidates to get admission for MBA in top business schools throughout the world. Want to know more about GMAT 2019? Read all the information on this page below.
More than 6,500 graduate business programmes and nearly 2100 schools use GMAT score to select candidates for their programmes. Candidates can check the important dates and events related to GMAT 2019 in the table given below.
|GMAT 2019||Important Dates|
|GMAT 2019 Registration dates||Every 16 days|
|GMAT 2019 Result (Unofficial)||Just after the completion of the test|
|GMAT 2019 Result (Official)||Within 30 days of the test date|
GMAT 2019 Application Form
Before creating an official GMAT Profile candidates shall check the name, date of birth and citizenship which must exactly match with their valid ID proof. Candidates can fill the GMAT 2019 Application Form as per their comfort for the date and timings of the examination. If any candidate wants to do some changes after submitting the profile then they must contact the customer services to do the same.
The admission deadlines for graduate business programs can vary. Candidates can check with the Schools in which they are interested in and set up their GMAT 2019 Application Form as per the timings to ensure their scores to get reported before application deadlines. Certain countries have their specific regulations which candidates will have to follow to take the GMAT exam.
Online Registration Form: Click Here to Register for GMAT 2019.
GMAT 2019 Application Fee
The registration fee for GMAT 2019 exam is US$250. Candidates can check the GMAT Examination Fee below.
|GMAT 2019 Application Fee||US$250|
|Reschedule Exam appointment||More than 7 days before appointment: US$60|
Within 7 days of appointment: US$250
|Cancel Exam appointment||More than 7 days before appointment: US$80 Refund|
Within 7 days of appointment: No Refund
|Additional report Scores||US$35 Each|
|Enhanced Score Report||US$24.95|
|Score Cancel (after you leave the testing centre)||US$25|
|AWA Essay Rescoring||US$45|
Note: Candidates can pay the Application Fee through Credit/Debit Cards, Cashier’s Checks, Money Orders and Personal Checks.
GMAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the Eligibility Criteria for appearing in the GMAT 2019 examination below.
- Candidates must be of 18 years. If he/she is between 13-17 years old, then they will have to get permission from a parent or legal guardian and also have to provide written proof of their guardian’s consent before scheduling the exam.
- Candidates cannot take the exam more than five times within a rolling 12 months period and no more than 8 times in total. Candidates can appear for the GMAT Examination once and retake it, they will have to wait for 16 days at least.
- If candidates have already achieved a perfect score of 800 then they will have to wait for at least 5 years before they can take the test again.
GMAT 2019 Examination Pattern
The GMAT 2019 exam has a variety of questions to make the candidates ready for all the skills required to be successful in graduate business school. As there are a variety of questions so, to be fair to everyone taking the test around the world, all test takers will:
- Be assessed on the same number of questions
- Answer the same type of questions
- Be subject to time limits
- Be tested in similar conditions
Candidates can check the Exam Pattern for GMAT 2019 below.
- Mode of the Examination: Online
- Type of the Examination: Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Maximum Time for the Examination: 3.5 Hours (aprox.)
- Language of the paper: English
- Total Number of Sections: 4 (candidates can check the details for the sections in the table given below)
|Test Section||Time Limit (in Minutes)||Number of Questions||Question Types||Score Range|
|Analytical Writing Assessment||30||1||Analysis of an Argument||0-6 in 0.5-point increments|
Multi-Source Reasoning, Table Analysis, Graphics Interpretation, Two-Part Analysis
|1-8 in 1-point increments|
|Quantitative Reasoning||75||37||Data Sufficiency, Problem Solving||6-51 in 1-point increments|
|Verbal Reasoning||75||41||Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, Sentence Correction||6-51 in 1-point increments|
GMAT 2019 Important Books
Candidates can check the important books for GMAT 2019 Examination in the table given below.
|Name of the book||Name of the author||Buy Here|
|GMAT Complete 2019: The Ultimate in Comprehensive Self-Study for GMAT (Kaplan Test Prep)||Kaplan Test Prep||Buy Here|
|Complete GMAT Strategy Guide Set (Manhattan Prep GMAT Strategy Guides)||Manhattan Prep||Buy Here|
|GMAT Verbal Strategy Guide Set (Manhattan Prep GMAT Strategy Guides)||Manhattan Prep||Buy Here|
GMAT 2019 Preparation Tips
Candidates can check the preparation tips for GMAT 2019 below.
- Candidates must make a study plan for GMAT 2019 first. After that they can practice the diagnostic test (full-length, timed, and in computerized adaptive format) through the official GMAT Prep software. While practising candidates can also experience the Test Environment properly.
- Candidates can use their preparation time to become familiar with the format of the exam as much as possible. It will help them in time management which is very important at the time of the examination.
- When candidates are taking their first practice test, they must notify the errors which they have made, to correct it in future.
- Candidates must regularly practice the questions or topics in which they are facing dificulties.
- Candidates can improve their vocabulary and language skills by reading newspapers daily.
How to Select Test Dates and Centers for GMAT 2019?
Candidates can register for GMAT 2019 up to 6 months before to the test date. Students are advised to register 2 to 3 months before the preferred Test Date. Candidates can register for GMAT 2019 as late as 24 hours before the selected test date. After the completion of the Registration Process, the conducting body shall send a confirmation email on the registered email ID of the candidates. Candidates can schedule their examinations online. It can be done by phone, fax or postal mail and by paying through credit/debit card.
- Online – Students can easily schedule their exam for free on mba.com. They can log in and create an account, and follow the homepage link, (It’s an easy and fast process).
- Phone – Candidates can call GMAT Customer Service in their region. It may charge an additional service fee of US$10.
- Postal Mail – Candidates can complete the form on mba.com and mail it in along with their payment information. If they pay by check or money order, this is their only option.
- Fax – Candidates can complete the form on mba.com and fax to the number shown. Candidates shall make sure that they must have entered their name, date of birth, country of citizenship and gender exactly as they appear on your valid ID proof which you will be present at the test center.
GMAT 2019 Confirmation Letter
Once the candidates will complete the Registration Process for GMAT 2019 Examination, they will get a Confirmation Letter which shall contain the date and timing of the GMAT 2019 examination. Candidates can download their GMAT 2019 Confirmation Letter online from the official site of GMAT 2019. On the day of the examination, candidates must carry valid photo id proof such as Driver’s License, Passport, Military ID card, etc along with a printed hard copy of the GMAT 2019 Confirmation Letter.
Details inside the GMAT 2019 Confirmation Letter
Candidates can check the details inside the GMAT 2019 Confirmation Letter below.
- Name of the candidate, address of the candidate
- Exam center address
- GMAT ID number
GMAT 2019 Selection Process
Candidates can check the Selection Process for GMAT 2019 below.
- Candidates must register up to 6 months prior to their preferred test date.
- If a candidate is registering online or by phone, he/she can register as late as 24 hours prior to their test date.
- Applicants can retake the test after at least 16 days or, they can reschedule the date by submitting a required amount of fee.
Scores and Selection
- When candidates complete their GMAT 2019 exam, then they will be shown their unofficial GMAT scores- Verbal, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative and Total. They will get two minutes to decide whether to cancel or accept their score.
- Within three weeks of the test date, GMAT officials shall send a notice to the candidates by email that their official scores are available.
GMAT 2019 Result
After completing the GMAT 2019 Examination candidates will get their GMAT 2019 Score for each section. It will help them to check exactly which questions took the maximum time. Candidates will get 2 minutes to accept or reject their Score. They must make their decision within two minutes otherwise their score will get canceled automatically. Candidates will receive a hard copy of their unofficial scores at the test center, and then they will be able to access their Official Score Report within 3 weeks of test date.
GMAT 2019 Retake
Candidates can retake their GMAT 2019 Examination. There are certain rules for the retake of the GMAT 2019 Examination. Candidates can check the rules of the GMAT 2019 Examination below.
Candidates can retake the GMAT 2019 examination
- Once every 16 calendar days
- No more than five times in a rolling 12-month period
- No more than eight times total
- In the scheduling tool, if you enter a date fewer than 16 days from your last appointment date, you will receive an error message asking you to choose another date.
GMAT 2019 Score Accepting Colleges
GMAT 2019 Score is accepted by the various colleges all over the world. Candidates can get admission in colleges like University of Warwick, UNSW Sydney, etc with GMAT 2019 Score.
To check the schools for GMAT 2019 candidates can click here.
Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) 2019 was found in the year 1953 and since then it is actively committed to advancing the art and science of admissions by convening and representing the industry and offering best-in-class products and services for schools and students. GMAC first conducted the GMAT Examination in the year 1954 and at present, it is relied on by more than 7,000 graduate programs worldwide, and 9 out of 10 new MBA enrollments globally are made using a GMAT score. GMAT is a most widely used examination for various graduate business school admissions, and more than 200,000 candidates can take the GMAT Examination every year.
GMAT 2019 FAQs
Candidates can check the Frequently asked questions for GMAT 2019 below.
Q: How do I update my profile on mba.com?
A: To make changes to your name, country of citizenship, or date of birth, please contact Customer Service for your region via email. To expedite this process, please provide proper documentation for the change.
Q: Along with my Confirmation Later what documents are required at the GMAT 2019 Examination Center?
A: Along with the Confirmation Letter candidates must go with any of the below-given documents to the GMAT 2019 Examination Center.
- Driver’s License
- Military ID card
Q: I’m filling out my profile, and it asks for my undergraduate institution, but my school is not on the list, what should I do now?
A: Candidate’s undergraduate institution is not a required field in their registration. If their school is not on the list, then they can leave it blank and complete their profile.
Q: How long my GMAT score will be valid?
A: GMAT scores are valid for five years, and are available for reporting for up to 10 years. Scores over 10 years old are not available.
For more details check – GMAT Official Handbook