GMAT 2017- 2018: Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is conducted by Graduate Management Admission Council. It is a Management Aptitude test whose score is accepted and recognised worldwide for admissions into more than 6,500 top Graduate Management schools. The world’s business leaders trust GMAT score to recruit candidates. Any candidate willing to apply for the exam should visit the official website at mba.com The GMAT exam is conducted every 16 days in a year. However, a candidate can take the test maximum 5 times in a year and 8 times in his lifetime.
A candidate who is 18 years of age with a proper education would be considered eligible to apply. The online portal for GMAT 2017-18 is mba.com candidates have to get themselves registered here after undergoing a 5 staged application process. Then, to complete the form, fee charges of Rs. 2000/- along with bank charges must be borne by the candidates themselves. There are both online and offline mediums of paying the amount. Candidates must choose the convenient options and complete the formalities well in time. To gather more information on GMAT 2017-18 you can read the full post.
GMAT 2017 – 2018
It is a very important exam. As to the important dates are to be considered, since, the candidate can take up the GMAT test after every 16 days, he/she is allowed to schedule his/ her test as his/ her convenience.
|GMAT Registration dates||Every 16 days|
|Maximum attempts in a year||5 times|
|Maximum attempts accepted in lifetime||8 times|
Candidates who are going to participate in GMAT 2017 – 2018 can check all the details like application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern etc from this page.
GMAT 2017- 2018 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate will be tested on certain standards to see whether they are eligible to appear for the exam or not. The criteria of testing can involve age factor, number of times candidate has appeared for GMAT, educational qualification etc.
Age criteria: a candidate must be at least 18 years of age. However, if you are between 13- 17 years, you must provide permission letter given by your parents.
Number of attempts: the GMAT can be given 5 times in a year and 8 times in total. You should wait for 16 days after the test to appear in it again
Syllabus of GMAT 2017-18
- Analytical Writing Assessment- measures the candidate’s ability to think critically & communicate their ideas well. In this section, you can expect questions meant to analyze your reasoning behind a given argument and write a critique of that argument.
- Integrated Reasoning– measures the candidate’s ability to evaluate information presented in multiple formats from multiple sources. You need to demonstrate your skills in our technologically advanced, data-driven world.
- Quantitative- measures candidate’s ability to analyze data and draw conclusions using logical reasoning. The tools that you need is mathematical solutions needed to understand and solve the questions. The level of questions in this section is that of what is taught in secondary school classes.
- Verbal- measures candidate’s ability to evaluate arguments, and correct written text and convert it to standard written English.
Exam Pattern of GMAT 2017-18
The GMAT Exam is comprised of 4 separately timed sections. You shall get the opportunity to take 2 optional 8-minute breaks during the exam. The total exam length is approximately 3.5-4 hours. The exam is conducted in ONLINE Mode. you a practice the test papers to get yourself familiar with the pattern.
|GMAT Test Section||Qs.||Question Types||Score range||Timing|
|Analytical Writing Assessment||1 Topic||Analysis of Argument||0-6 in 0.5-point increments||30 Min|
|Integrated Reasoning||12||Multi-Source Reasoning
|1-8 in 1-point increments||30 Min|
|0-60 in 1-point increments||75 Min|
|0-60 in 1-point increments||75 Min|
|Total Exam Time||3hrs, 30 minutes|
How to apply for GMAT 2017-2018
Any candidate who is interested in taking up the exam should visit the official website at mba.com and schedule his/her exam. The application process will be explained in the GMAT handbook and you can also collect it from our application form page. Each and every candidate is required to undergo 5 steps of application procedure.
Step-1- Gathering information- read the eligibility criteria, exam pattern, etc.
Step-2- Build your timeline- get Registered (candidates should register as early as possible. you may register up to 6 months prior, and least 2-3 months early at any cost).
Step-3- Scheduling your Exam day and paying the fees- you are allowed to schedule your exam online by phone, postal mail, fax and pay the required fees using prescribed mediums.
Step-4- selecting your score receiving schools- candidates may choose in which they want their scores to be sent so that they can collect them at convenient time and days.
Step-5- Review your confirmation letter- make sure that your name is listed in the letters and confirm that the date and location are correct.
GMAT 2017- 2018 Application fees/ payment
Method of GMAT 2017- 2018 payment the amount
Candidates get multiple options to pay the indicated amount. Let us check them one by one:-
- Online – candidates after scheduling their GMAT 2017-18 exam can choose to pay the amount in online mode by visiting the website at mba.com. But first of all you should have a Login id to enter your account to pay the amount using your convenient method.
- Phone – using this method involves additional charges. You can Call GMAT Customer Service in your region and pay the amount. The additional fee is US$10.
- Postal Mail – you should complete the GMAT 2017-18 form on mba.com and mail it along with your payment information. Then the candidates can pay the amount by money order.1140
- Fax- fax your name, date of birth, country of citizenship, and gender as it appears on the identification you will present at the test center.
GMAT 2017- 2018 Test centres in India
The exam is conducted in 39 test centres in 34 cities of India. The names of the test centres are:- Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Manipal, Mohali, Mumbai, Mysore, Nagpur, New Delhi, Noida, Patiala, Patna, Pilani, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Surat, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Vellore, Vijayawada and Vishakhapatnam.
All the registered candidates are issued electronically generated provisional hall tickets for appearing in the exam. The candidates will be able to download the admit card of GMAT 2017-18 using these simple steps:-
- Visit the official website at mba.com
- Look for the icon “Login to my Account” (the admit card will be uploaded on each candidate’s login account
- Enter your “Email Address”
- Enter your “Password”
- Check the details printed in the GMAT 2017-18 admit card
- Save the file for carrying it to the exam day.
GMAT Result 2017-18
Once, the GMAT 2017-18 exam has been conducted successfully, You will receive your scores obtained in the 5 sections:- Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative, Verbal, and Total. These scores are valid for a period of 5 years and are available for reporting up to 10 years. The score is sent to the school indicated by the candidate and candidate can collect the score form the school.