Government Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh will issue the notification for admission into 3 Years Course in General Nursing and Midwifery for the session 2018-19. Interested candidates can check all details like application procedure, course details etc. from this page.
GMCH General Nursing & Midwifery Admission 2018 – 2019
Applications will be invited for the 3-year course in GNM for Session 2018-19. Interested Candidates can download the Prospectus and Admission form from the Official Website of Government Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh i.e http://www.gmch.gov.in. 85% Seats is reserved for UT Pool and 15 % for the General pool.
|Date of Availability of Prospectus & Forms||Third week of Jul 2018|
|Last Date of Receipt of Completed Form||Second week of Aug 2018|
|Display of list of eligible Candidates for counseling||Third week of Aug 2018|
|Tentative Date of Counselling for GNM Course||Fourth week of Aug 2018|
|Display of List of Selected/Waiting list of Candidates||Fourth week of Aug 2018|
|Date of Start of session||Second week of Sep 2018|
Candidate should have passed one of the below mentioned Qualifying Examination with aggregate marks of 40 % for general category, Dependent of Defence/Para-military personnel and 35% for SC Candidates.
- 10+2 Class Passed preferably Science(PCB) & English with Aggregate of 40% marks.
- 10+2 in Arts and English core/English Elective or Health Care Science – Vocational Stream only, passing out from Recognized Board Under AISSCE/ CBSE/ ICSE/ SSCE/ HSCE or other equivalent board with 40% marks.
- 10+2 Vocational ANM Under CBSE Board or other Equivalent Board from the School and Recognised by the Indian Nursing Council with 40% Marks
- Registered as ANM with State Nursing Registration Council
- Students Qualified in 10+2 Arts or Science Examination or Health Care Science – Vocational Stream only Conducted by National Institute of Open School with 40% Marks.
- Candidates Should have passed Hindi/Punjabi up to Matric Standard.
- Student Should be Medically Fit
- Student Shall be Admitted once in a year
Age Limit – Minimum and Maximum age for admission will be 17 and 35 years. There is no age bar for ANM/LHV.
Interested Candidates will be able to download the Prospectus and Admission form from the Official Website of Government Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh i.e http://www.gmch.gov.in. Candidates are advised to carefully go through Eligibility Criteria, Age limit and application fee Before applying. Candidate can apply through the link given below.
Application Form: Candidates can download the application form for GMCH General Nursing & Midwifery Admission from gmch.gov.in.
Application Fee – The Duly Filled Application form Along with Application fee by Bank Draft in Favour of Director Principal Govt Medical College & Hospital Must Reach at the Admin Office of School of Nursing Govt Multi-Speciality Hospital sector -16 before the last date.
General Category – Rs.300/-
Reserved Category – Rs.150/-
Important Documents – Application Complete in all respect must be accompanied with self-attested photocopies of all relevant documents
- Date of birth certificate
- 10th passing certificate
- Passing certificate of 10+2 or other qualifying examination
- Detail mark sheet of 10+2 or other qualifying examination
- Reserved category certificate i.e Schedule Caste, Dependent of Defence/paramilitary personnel, freedom fighter certificate issued by the competent authority
Attach two self-addressed envelopes 23*10cm bearing postal stamps of Rs. 5 each with an application form
Candidates according to the merit in 10+2 or other qualifying examination in each category will be called for counseling and the number of candidates called for counseling will be three times of seats in each category
Only Limited Number of Candidate will be Called for Admission. To start with the Candidates Having Physics, Chemistry, and Biology will be Considered for Admission if Seats Remains Vacant, Candidates Having Physics and Chemistry and ANm/LHV/Healthcare Science will be Considered Candidates with Humanities/Arts Subject will be Considered for Admission last of all.
Inter-se Merit – If two or more candidates obtain equal marks in 10+2 Examination then the Inter-se Merit for admission to the course shall be Determined on the Basis of the following.
- Candidates with higher Marks in Science Subject with biology will be higher in rank.
- Candidates Possessing lesser attempts for passing 10+2 Examination would be higher in Ranking/merit list
- If the Marks Obtained and attempts for passing 10+2 Examination or other qualifying examination are also the same then a candidate senior in age shall rank senior to the candidate who is junior in age
- if the marks obtained, attempts made and age is same then-candidate possessing more marks in aggregate will be considered higher in rank/merit list
UT Pool – 85% of Total Seats of an institution will be filled up from amongst the students who pass their qualifying Examination form School/Colleges recognized by the Chandigarh Administration and location in the Union Territory, Chandigarh as regular students of the said school/college.
General pool – 15% seats will be filled from amongst students, who passed their qualifying examination from institutes other than those located in the Union Territory, Chandigarh or otherwise.
Distribution of seats
Official Website: gmch.gov.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.