Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar has released notification from the eligible candidates to admission in Undergraduate and Post Graduate Courses for the academic year 2018-2019. NRI candidates who are willing to take admission in GNDU university must fill the form before the last date of application. Other details regarding NRI admissions to GNDU is given below.
GNDU NRI Admissions 2018
Foreign/NRI candidates will be admitted against additional seats in each course to be decided by the University. This will be in addition to an extra seat to be created in each course to admit a foreign student sponsored by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, as per the rules.
- Tuition Fee structure for Foreign National/NRI candidates admitted against the seats created for them in teaching Departments will be as per as Fee Structure prescribed by Guru Nanak Dev University for Foreign National/NRI candidates.
- Besides tuition fee, all Foreign National/NRI candidates are required to pay one time registration fee of $ 500 (USD) as notified in the Admission Notice 2018-19 of the Guru Nanak Dev University.
Mode of Admission
Foreign/NRI candidates are admitted on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination. They are not be required to take the Common Entrance Test.
Proof of Status as Foreign Candidate
The following proof shall be required for the status claimed as Foreign candidate:
- Photocopy of the citizenship certificate.
- Photocopy of the passport.
Proof of the Status as NRI Candidate
For this purpose, either of the following documents shall be considered as proper proof:
- Copy of the Alien Registration Card (Green Card) or Non-Resident Card or Employment Card issued by the Employer.
- Photocopy of the Immigration/Employment visa entry on the passport alongwith the details of the passport.
- Certificate issued by the Indian Embassy/High Commission in the country where the NRI is residing.