Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar has released notification from the eligible candidates to admission in Undergraduate and Post Graduate Courses for the academic year 2019-2020. In addition, foreign students admitted/sponsored by/through the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) or any such other Govt. agency, for any course shall also be admitted NRI candidates who are willing to take admission in GNDU university must fill the form before the last date of application. Other details regarding NRI admissions to GNDU is given below.
GNDU NRI Admissions 2019
Foreign/NRI candidates will be admitted against additional seats in each course to be decided by the University. This will be in addition to an extra seat to be created in each course to admit a foreign student sponsored by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, as per the rules.
Admission Criteria for Foreign/NRI students
- Admission to Foreign Nationals/NRI students is also open for which 20% seats over and above the regular number of seats are reserved. If more applications are received, the suitable number of additional seats for a course may be filled subject to the approval of the Syndicate.
- In addition, foreign students admitted/sponsored by/through the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) or any such other Govt. agency, for any course shall also be admitted (over and above 20% quota).
- Admission Schedule as per Prospectus 2019 of Guru Nanak Dev University.
- For fee structure and details on the number of seats in this category click here.
- For details of the step-wise admission process, see the chart given at the end of this section.
- For the admission of Foreign Nationals/NRI candidates to different courses, the following rules shall apply:
(i) Eligibility check: Candidates seeking admission in a course under this category are required to submit their academic certificates as proof of passing the qualifying examination or an equivalent examination prescribed for each course to which admission is sought. The minimum qualifications for such students would be the same as for Indian students who apply for admission to the same course in regular mode. For admission to the courses where additional admission formalities (such as physical fitness test in B.P.Ed./M.P.Ed./B.P.E.S. etc.) are required, the applicant shall have to comply with such requirements and the score shall be counted while determining their merit. The eligibility qualifications for admission to courses can be checked in detail from the Prospectus 2019. Foreign National/NRI candidates shall have to comply with any other requirements prescribed by the Government of India and Guru Nanak Dev University from time to time.
(ii) Equivalence certificate: Submission of an Equivalence certificate from AIU is mandatory for Foreign Nationals/NRIs. Only those students who have qualified from foreign Universities or boards of Higher education recognized as equivalent by the “Association of Indian Universities (AIU)” are eligible for admission.
(iii) Inter-merit: If the number of applications exceeds the number of available seats in a course, the admission to a course in the University shall be based on the inter-se merit of the qualifying exam on the basis of which the admission is being made.
- The tuition Fee structure for Foreign Nationals/NRI candidates admitted against the seats created for them in teaching Departments will be as per as Fee Structure prescribed by Guru Nanak Dev University for Foreign Nationals/NRI candidates
- Besides tuition fees, all Foreign Nationals/NRI candidates are required to pay one time 51 registration fee following the details mentioned at “Guidelines for Registration & Admission Process”
(iv) Proof of status and attestation of documents:
- The print out of the online application form
- proof of status
- copy of citizenship certificate
- Green card
- Alien Registration
Foreign/NRI candidate must be attested from the Indian Diplomatic Representative or a responsible official of the Ministry of Education of applicant’s country or an official of the applicant’s country’s Embassy/High Commission/Consulate in India. In case any Embassy/High Commission/Consulate refuses to attest the application form, one should obtain a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the applicant’s country’s Embassy clearly stating that the candidate is a foreign National.
(v) Visa: It is the sole responsibility of the admitted candidate to secure a valid Indian visa. All the International students require a “Student Visa” endorsed to this University for joining the full-time course(s). Students wishing to join a research programme will require a “Research Visa” endorsed to this University. The visa should be valid for the prescribed duration of the course.
Once the Equivalence certificate is issued by AIU, the applicant can upload duly attested filled in the application form, requisite supporting documents at www.gnduadmission.org. Also send hard copies of the application form, supporting documents, Equivalence certificate of AIU, etc. is to be sent at the following address:
Dean Academic Affairs, Guru Nanak Dev University
Amritsar Pin 143 005, INDIA
Fax: 0183- 2258820
Upon receipt of all documents, the admission would be finalized and the student shall be issued an admission letter.
Deposition of course fee: Once the admission letter is issued, the candidate can deposit the requisite course fee, hostel fee, etc. to complete the admission process. Other rules and regulations of Guru Nanak Dev University will apply to foreign students as well