The Gujarat National Law University has announced the admission process for MBA for the academic session 2018-2019. GNLU initiated a two-year full-time residential MBA (Financial Management and Business Laws) programme to nurture managerial and legal acumen of the participants. This programme aims to cater to the skill and human capital requirements of Indian and multinational corporations, investment and banking houses, public sector undertakings, regulatory authorities and international organizations, etc. Candidates who have appeared for CAT 2017 can apply for GNLU MBA Admission 2018. Candidates can check the complete detail process of application, eligibility criteria and other important information on this page below.
GNLU MBA Admission 2018
The Admission Committee of MBA Programme shall be responsible for the selection of students for the batch of 2018-2019. MBA programme is a two-year full-time programme at Gujarat National Law University.
Schedule for the GNLU MBA Admission 2018 is given below.
|Last date of submitting the soft copy of application form||31 Mar 2018|
|Last date of submitting the hard copy of application form||10 Apr 2018|
|Legal Aptitude Test, GD & PI||11 May 2018|
|Declaration of Results||18 May 2018|
|Payment of Fees for first-semester||Latest by 10 Jun 2018|
|Wait list to fill the vacant seats||15 Jun 2018|
|Commencement of Academic year||25 Jun 2018|
Candidates can apply for MBA programme on the official website www.gnlu.ac.in as per scheduled date. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other criteria before applying for the said course. Candidates can also download the application form by a direct link that is provided below.
Candidates may apply by sending duly filled application form along with the payment of the application fee of Rs. 2000.00/- (for SC/ST Candidates fees is Rs. 1500.00/-).
- The programme will be open to the graduates from any recognized university or institute with minimum qualification in/with commerce, management, law, arts, science and engineering except fine arts.
- Only Candidates who have appeared at Common Admission Test (CAT) 2017 conducted by IIMs are eligible to apply.
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 55% marks or equivalent CGPA (50% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) category awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other Educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if she/he submits a certificate latest by October 01, 2018 from the Principal/Registrar of her/his College/Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2018) stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/ equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
- GNLU may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process. Applicants should note that the mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for shortlisting by GNLU. Prospective candidates must maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.
- The admission to the said course will be primarily based on Common Admission Test 2017(CAT 2017), conducted by IIMB followed by group discussion and personal interview to be conducted by GNLU.
- GNLU Academic Regulations and norms, as appropriate, will be applicable to the admitted students.
The overall weightage for various components for admission to the program will be as follows:
|Sr. No.||Particulars Of The Applicants||Weightage|
|1.||Cat 2017 Percentile Score||60%|
|2.||Legal Aptitude Test*||15%|
|3.||Group Discussions And Personal interview||15%|
|4.||Academic Record And prior or Experience||10%|
*Basic knowledge of Indian legal system & Current legal affairs.
Intake And Reservations For MBA In Financial Management And Business Laws
Note: The above fee structure is only for the Academic year 2018-19 and is subject to revision from time to time by the University authorities.
All queries and information (including expression of interests, etc.) shall be sent in WRITING to the [email protected] only and the same will only be admitted for all official purposes.
Disclaimer: GNLU reserves the right to make any changes at any time which is in the best interest of GNLU academics and students.