Goa University has offered MCA Courses Admission through an Entrance Exam for the academic year 2018-2019. Candidates can fill their application online from the official website as per schedule mention below. Candidates can check the complete information regarding Goa University MCA Admission 2018 application process, eligibility criteria and other information on this page below.
Goa University MCA Admission 2018
Admission to the three year, six semester, full-time course leading to the degree of “Master of Computer Applications” (MCA), is open to any Indian National satisfying all eligibility conditions. The entrance test was held on June 06, 2018 to admission in MCA Course.
Schedule for the Goa University MCA Admission 2018 is given below.
|Online availability of application form||22 May 2018|
|Last date for receipt of completed application form||04 Jun 2018|
|Entrance Test date||06 Jun 2018|
|Display of the first provisional list of candidates for admission||14 Jun 2018|
|Last date for payment of fees by candidates in the first list||18 Jun 2018|
|Display of the second Provisional list of candidates||19 Jun 2018|
|Last date for payment of fees by candidates in second list||20 Jun 2018|
|Final list of candidates for admission (Final round)||21 Jun 2018|
|Last date for the payment of fees for those admitted in final round||22 Jun 2018|
Goa University has released separate merit list for candidates graduating from Goa University and those graduating from other universities. These lists have prepared in the descending order of the score obtained in the entrance test and rules applied for breaking the tie. These lists are uploaded on the University website (www.unigoa.ac.in) and displayed on the Notice Boards of the Department of Computer Science and Technology.
- Click here to check the second provisional list of Master of Computer Applications.
- Click here to check the first provisional list of Master of Computer Applications.
Interested and Eligible candidates can apply online for Goa University MCA Admission 2018 from the official website, www.unigoa.ac.in. Candidates must have a valid e-mail id and mobile number. Login details will be sent to your registered email id and mobile number.
The application fee is as follows and is non-refundable (full or partial) under any circumstances.
- General, OBC and outside Goa state – 1000/-
- ST and SC (Only from the state of Goa) – 500/-
- PH (Only from the state of Goa) – 0/-
Goa University 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Admission to the three years, six semester, full-time course leading to the degree of “Master of Computer Applications” (MCA), is open to any Indian National satisfying all of the following conditions:
- Graduate in any discipline with at least 55% aggregate marks at the first-degree examination (50% for candidates in reserved category – OBC, ST, SC, PH, FF). Or
- Minimum CPI must be 6.00 in the scale of 1 to 10 at the first-degree examination (minimum CPI must be 5.5 in the scale of 1 to 10 for candidates in reserved category –OBC, ST, SC, PH, FF). Or
- For any other method of declaration of the result, the equivalent percentage of the above cases will be decided by the university after the applications have been received. The decision of the university is final.
- Candidate must have taken Mathematics as one of the subjects at HSSCE (10+2) Science Stream of a recognized Board. (Documentary proof is essential).
- The admission to the first year of MCA program for the year 2018-19 will be strictly based on the Ranking obtained in the ENTRANCE TEST which will be conducted by the Department of Computer Science and Technology, Goa University on 6th June 2018.
Candidates who have appeared for a degree examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply. In case such candidates are selected and their results are not available at the time of admission, these candidates will be given provisional admission. Such candidates will have to furnish the proof of fulfilling the eligibility criteria, preferably at the time of Admission but not later than 30th June 2017, failing which, their admission shall be cancelled.
Students are admitted to the first year MCA programme once every year.
Goa University 2018 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
The candidates shall have to produce the HALL TICKET for identification at the Test Centre, at the time of the entrance test. Produce the print out of the HALL TICKET received via email at the time of the examination.
Candidates are advised to take printout of their hall ticket / admit card and keep it safely for future reference till the admission process is over. This is a very important document to appear in the entrance examination without hall ticket examination will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
Candidates have to bring their own black ballpoint pen. Calculators, mobile phones or any other material shall not be allowed in the examination hall.
Entrance Exam Pattern
The duration of the Entrance Test will be for a period of one and half hour and will consist of 50 multiple choice questions with four choices for each question. Each correctly answered question will carry 2 marks and each wrongly answered question will lead to NEGATIVE 0.5 mark.
The question paper will contain 50 multiple choice questions covering the following topics
|Topics||No. of questions|
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||30 questions|
The following procedure will be followed in the selection of candidates for admission
- Merit List Round (Round 1): A separate merit list and the waiting list will be prepared for candidates graduating from Goa University and those graduating from other universities. These lists will be prepared in the descending order of the score obtained in the entrance test and rules applied for breaking the tie. These lists will be uploaded on the University website (http:// www.unigoa.ac.in); and displayed on the Notice Boards of the Department of Computer Science and Technology on June 14, 2018.
- No separate intimation will be sent to candidates
- All the candidates whose names appear in the merit list must pay their fees and register by June 18, 2018. Candidates in merit list who fail to deposit fees by 14th June 2017 will lose their claim to admission and the same seat would be offered to the candidate in the waiting list.
- Waiting List (Round 2): On June 19, 2018, admissions will be offered to candidates in the respective waiting list (in the order of merit) against vacancies in the merit list. The names of these candidates will be displayed on the notice board of the department and on the University website. Candidates will have to make the payment of fees and register on or before June 20, 2018, failing which the same seat will be offered to the next candidate in the waiting list.
- Final round: On June 21, 2018, admission will be offered to candidates in the waiting lists provided there are vacant seats. All candidates who are eligible for admission can report to the dept office at 11.00 am sharp. Admission will be offered according to the merit only to those candidates who report to the department along with the original certificates. First attempt will be made to fill these seats from the respective list in the order of merit. In case, one of the list is over, the seats will be filled by the candidates from the general merit list. The students who have been offered admission should pay their fees by June 22, 2018.
- The candidates who are offered admission and fulfil the eligibility criteria should deposit full fees in the mode specified (instructions regarding the payment of fee will be put up on the website) Students whose results are not available at the time of admission, should also make the full payment of the fees after giving an undertaking that they are paying fees at their own risk and would be able to fulfil the eligibility criteria by July 02, 2018. These candidates will be admitted provisionally.
- All those candidates who are admitted provisionally should submit the relevant mark sheets and passing certificates by July 02, 2018, failing which their admission shall be cancelled.
- The original copies of all mark sheets and relevant documents should be produced by the candidate at the time of admissions and will be retained in the department till the admission procedure is completed.
Availability and Reservation of Seats
The MCA degree program has total 60 seats, with the distribution of seats and reservation policy*(may be subject to change) as follows:
*The reservation is only for candidates from Goa. Candidates applying for admission under these categories shall be REQUIRED TO SUBMIT a VALID CERTIFICATE to that effect issued by the appropriate authorities.
The seats under the GENERAL category are available to students who have graduated with first degree from colleges affiliated to Goa University. Seats falling vacant after exhausting respective waiting lists, under any of the above reserved categories, shall be filled from the general category as per the University rules. Foreign students interested in seeking admission to the course may write/e-mail to the Admission Coordinator along with their bio-data and details of academic qualification.
The total fees prescribed for the academic year 2018–19 is Rs. 41,700/- for Goa University graduates and Rs. 43,875/- for graduates from other universities. The details of the fee break-up is as under:
For Students requiring hostel accommodation, the University has full-fledged hostels both for the men and women students. The hostel fees and hostel mess charges are as decided and made applicable by the university.
Official Website: www.unigoa.ac.in
For more detail of Goa University MCA Admission 2018 – Download Prospectus.