|Times Group Bennett University Admission 2018||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
The buzz is around the town with students looking to make amends in their educational career with potentially pursuing higher education abroad in some of world’s most finest educational institutions but prior to that, one needs to prepare well in advance and not just in and around the change in one’s lifestyle shifting from your country to studying abroad but also in terms of education.
Almost all the leading educational institutions in the world give admit cards to only those students who are either GRE or GMAT applicants with scores in alliance with the university’s prescribed criteria’s. In this article we look at the syllabus of GRE to give you a brief about the GRE examination on a whole.
GRE Syllabus 2016
As we mentioned, most universities in USA, UK, Canada and other countries use GRE as a base to shortlist candidates into their college, it thus becomes critical to start preparing for this all-crucial examination months in advance.
The GRE test has 3 vital segments – analytical writing, verbal reasoning and quantitative reasoning. The studies are a fair indication to a student’s ability to take up higher education in his area of interest. The GRE revised General Test features question types that closely reflect the kind of thinking you’ll do in graduate or business school.
- Verbal Reasoning — Measures your ability to analyze and evaluate written material and synthesize information obtained from it, analyze relationships among component parts of sentences and recognize relationships among words and concepts.
- Quantitative Reasoning — Measures problem-solving ability using basic concepts of arithmetic, algebra, geometry and data analysis.
- Analytical Writing — Measures critical thinking and analytical writing skills, specifically your ability to articulate and support complex ideas clearly and effectively.
The GRE test can be distinguished as 2 types (1) paper based and (2) computer based. The computer based test lasts upto 3 hours and 45 minutes while the paper based test lasts upto 3 hours and 30 minutes.
The paper is divided into core segments in analytical writing (“analyze an issue” and “analyze an argument”). The verbal and quantitative questions consist of 20 questions each with 30 and 35 minutes respectively for the 2 sections.
List of topics in GRE quantitative reasoning syllabus
- Speed, distance and time
- Permutation and combination
- Linear Equations
- Quadratic Equations
- Sets Theory
- Statistics : average, median, mode, range, standard deviation
- Powers and roots
- Maths Formulas List
- Number properties
- Order of operations
- Ratio and Proportions
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Pipes, cisterns, work, time
- Lines and angles
- Co-ordinate geometry
- Volume and surface area
List of topics for GRE verbal reasoning syllabus
- Basic sentence structure : nouns, pronouns, adjectives
- Verb Tense
- Idioms and Idiomatic Expressions
- Pronoun Agreement
- Subject Verb Agreement
GRE Important Books
There are also some reference books available to crack GRE which can be easily found on Indian websites, here we mention a few that are worth giving a look :
|Official GRE Super Power Pack||Buy Online|
|Official Guide to GRE Test||Buy Online|
|Official GRE Verbal Questions Sample||Buy Online|
|Official GRE Quantitative Questions Sample||Buy Online|
|GRE 2016 with 6 Practice Tests||Buy Online|
So, are you ready to take on the GRE and enroll into your dream college to pursue higher education? We hope that we make GRE sound just as little complicated as it actually is.