GSAT 2018 is GITAM Science Admission Test. GITAM University is looked forward to conducting GSAT 2018. GSAT exam leads to admission to M.Sc, BEM, Integrated M.Sc, BCA, B.Sc, MCA programmes. It is expected that application form of GSAT 2018 will be available in the month of April when candidates eligible can apply. Usually, application form filling is done online at www.gitam.edu. Test centres of GSAT 2018 will be in Andhra Pradesh as well as other states. Entrance exam consists of questions from syllabus of GSAT 2018 based on exam pattern prescribed by the University. GITAM University also holds other entrance exams such as GAT, GET, GMET, GNAT, GSA, HBSAT, GLAT, GURCET. Everything you want to know about GSAT 2018 including date, eligibility, application form, admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, result, cut off is given here.
GITAM University is likely to organize GSAT 2018 – GITAM Science Admission Test – for GITAM University admission 2018-2019. UG and PG science and computer application programs are offered on basis of GSAT.
Important dates of GSAT 2018
|Last date to submit application form||25 Apr 2018 – PG
21 May 2018 – UG
|Date of exam||05 May 2018 – PG
09 Jun 2018 – UG
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
Candidates who have appeared/ are appearing for the final examinations in 2018 are also eligible. Admission to various courses of study shall be made on the basis of GSAT 2018 rank and eligibility criteria subject to the rule of reservation as applicable to GITAM.
GSAT 2018 Application Form
Eligible candidates can download the application form the official website www.gitam.edu or from the link provided below. Applications can be obtained by post, from Principal, GITAM Institute of Science by sending a request on plain paper giving the candidate’s name with complete mailing address, accompanied by DD for Rs.550/- (inclusive of Test fee Rs. 500/-) drawn in favour of GITAM University payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank. The test fee for Five year Integrated M.Sc. Chemistry sponsored by Laurus Labs is Rs. 600. Candidates appearing for more than one test need to submit separate application along with the prescribed fee of Rs.500/- for each test.
Filled in applications along with attested copies of the following certificates and the prescribed fee of Rs.500/- or Rs. 600/- (Laurus) as the case may be should reach the Principal, GITAM Institute of Science, GITAM (Deemed to be University), Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam-530 045, A.P., India.
Attested copies of documents
- SSC / ICSE / CBSE / Matriculation certificate with Date of Birth
- Degree or Provisional certificate of qualifying exam if applying for PG. Intermediate / 10+2 certificate in the case of candidates appearing for UG programs.
- Caste Certificate if claiming SC / ST reservation
- Medical certificate if claiming PH category
- Aadhar Card
GSAT 2018 Hall Ticket
Hall tickets will be sent to candidates by post one week before the date of commencement of entrance test. In case of non-receipt of hall ticket in time, candidates are advised to contact the office of the Principal, GITAM Institute of Science, GITAM (Deemed to be University) two days before the test date. Hall tickets can also be downloaded from www.gitam.edu. Hall ticket should be retained carefully as it has to be produced at the time of admission.
GSAT 2018 Test Centres
Tests will be conducted at the centres depending on the number of candidates opting for those centres. If sufficient number of candidates do not opt for a particular centre, they will be allotted to the nearby centre.
Anantapur, Bhimavaram, Eluru, Guntur, Hyderabad, Kadapa, Kakinada, Khammam, Kurnool, Ongole, Rajahmundry, Srikakulam, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Warangal, Bengaluru, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Dhanbad, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Rayagada, Siliguri, Varanasi.
Note: Test No: 108 – Five year Integrated M.Sc. Chemistry (sponsored by Laurus Labs) test will be conducted in Visakhapatnam only.
There are to be objective type questions in the exam. GSAT 2018 is a pen and paper based test. Each test comprises 60 multiple choice questions from the syllabus which can be downloaded from the GITAM website. Some instructions that could be applicable to exam process are to be noted.
- You must arrive to test centre on time, which is at least half an hour before the exam.
- Hall ticket of GSAT 2018 along with only necessary documents and things are needed.
- Candidates will not be admitted into the examination hall without hall ticket or after the commencement of the test. They will not be allowed to leave the examination hall before the stipulated time.
- Items not allowed at test centre include calculator, cell phones, books, papers, log tables, slide rule.
- Candidates should answer only on the answer sheet.
- Unforgivable acts include impersonation, indiscipline, malpractice; exam coordinator and University takes strict action in such cases.
GSAT 2018 Selection
Those who qualified will be intimated through mail/SMS. Admission is based on the rank obtained in the admission entrance test. The requirement for admission to all science programs is a minimum aggregate of 50% or second division marks in group (optional) subjects in the qualifying examination.
- M.Sc. Applied Mathematics
- M.Sc. Physics
- M.Sc. Chemistry (Analytical/ Organic/Pharmaceutical)
- M.Sc. Biochemistry
- M.Sc. Biotechnology
- M.Sc. Microbiology
- M.Sc. Food Science & Technology
- M.Sc. Bioinformatics
- M.Sc. Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Environmental Management (BEM)
Five year Integrated M.Sc. Programme in Biotechnology (with an option to secure B.Sc. at the end of 3rd year and B.Sc. (Hons.) at the end of 4th year)
- Five year Integrated M.Sc. Programme in Chemistry (Sponsored by Laurus Labs)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc. with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry / Computer Science / Electronics)
Official Website: www.gitam.edu
For more details about GITAM GSAT 2018 – Download Information Brochure