GITAM GSAT 2020 – GITAM Institute of Science conducts GITAM Science Admission Test (GSAT) for the students who want to take admission in various postgraduate programs only such as M.Sc and MCA programs. Admission into undergraduate and Integrated programs is based on merit in the qualifying examination. The last date to apply online has been extended up to May 23, 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic across the country. The examination has also been postponed. The new dates will be announced soon on the official website. Applicants who want to apply for UG and PG programs can fill the form in both online/offline mode from gsat.gitam.edu. Candidates who have scores minimum 50% marks in Degree Examination can apply for GITAM GSAT 2020. Scroll down to know more about GITAM GSAT 2020 such as its eligibility criteria, preparation tips, syllabus etc.
Latest: The last date to apply online has been extended up to May 23, 2020. Scroll down to check the details.
GITAM GSAT 2020
GITAM Institute of Science offers 12 Undergraduate, 13 Postgraduate, one Integrated M.Sc. and Doctoral Programs. For more information about GITAM GSAT 2020, check the table given below.
|Commencement of form for both UG and PG Courses||Started!|
|Last date to submit forms of both UG and PG Courses|
|Availability of admit card|
|GITAM GSAT for PG Programs only|
|Declaration of result for PG Programs|
|Counselling for UG and PG Programs|
GITAM GSAT 2020 Application Form
Application Form for GITAM GSAT has released in the online mode at gsat.gitam.edu. GITAM GSAT 2020 application form can be obtained and submitted via online as well as offline mode. Before filling the application form, the candidates need to have some documents like SSC certificate, 10+2 marksheet, caste certificate etc.
Candidates can follow the steps given below to submit and fill GITAM GSAT 2020 application form.
- Go to the official website and click on “Apply online” to access the form
- Then, click on the link ‘new applicant’ and start to register yourself.
- Now you have to enter the details like Username, date of birth, program of study, e-mail id, Active mobile and password. After the successful registration candidates will get the application number and it will also sent to your registered email ID.
- In this step, candidates have to fill the application form by using Login credentials.
- To fill the application form you have to enter the Personal details and Upload the Photo in the application form.
- At last, you need to pay the application fee in prescribed mode only.
After following the above mentioned steps, candidates need to pay the application fee before the lapse of the deadline.
Application Fee: Candidates are required to pay Rs 600 as application fee.
Mode of payment: Candidates can pay the application fee in both Online and offline mode.
Online mode of payment: Candidates can submit the apllication fee in online mode via debit card / credit card / net banking.
Offline mode of payment: Candidates need to sent the filled application form along with Demand Draft (Rs. 600/- drawn in favour of GITAM payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank) and photo copies of the certificates should reach the Principal, GITAM Institute of Science, GITAM (Deemed to be University) Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam-530 045, A.P., India on or before the last date.
GITAM GSAT 2020 Syllabus
GITAM Institute of Science releases the syllabus for GSAT at its official website. It specifies the important chapters and topics from which questions will be preparaed. Check some of the topics given below.
GSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Check the exam pattern given below for GITAM GSAT 2020. GITAM Science Admission Test (GSAT)-2020 for Postgraduate Programs only. GITAM GSAT 2020 is divided into 3 subject test i.e. Physical Sciences (Test Code: 101), Life Sciences (Test Code: 102) and Chemical Sciences (Test Code: 103). These 3 subject tests are consists of two parts: (Part-A and Part-B). Part A is common to all 3 subject tests and Part B is subject oriented.
- Nature of questions: Multiple choice questions (MCQs)
- No. of questions: 60
- Negative Marking: No negative marking for wrong answers.
Distribution of questions for PG programs
|Sections||No. of questions||No. of Marks|
|Part A – Mathematical Aptitude, Analytical Skills and English Language||20||20|
|Part B – Physical Sciences/Life Sciences/Chemical Science||40 (For each subject test)||80|
For Physical Sciences (Test Code-101): It consists of 3 Sections (A, B and C) comprising of total 40 MCQs.
- Section-A: covers the syllabus for Mathematics and Statistics
- Section-B: covers the syllabus for Physics and Electronics
- Section-C: covers the syllabus for Computer science
For Life Sciences (Test Code-102): It consists of 4 Sections (A, B, C and D) comprising of total 40 MCQs.
- Section-A: covers the syllabus for Biochemistry
- Section-B: covers the syllabus for Biotechnology
- Section-C: covers the syllabus for Environmental Science
- Section-D: covers the syllabus for Microbiology and Food Science
For Chemical Sciences (Test Code-103): It consists of 1 Section-comprising of total 40 MCQs. This section covers the syllabus for Chemistry.
Note: Applicant is required to attempt any 20 questions. Each question carries two marks. In case the candidate attempts more than 20 questions, first 20 questions will be taken into consideration for evaluation.
GITAM GSAT 2020 Preparation Tips
Apart from knowing the syllabus, important books, it is important for the candidates to be aware of soem preparation tips which might help them to prepare for the examination. Check some of the expert tips given below.
- Manage time well: Before starting with the preparation, make sure to decide which section must be picked be first and which last. Divide your time accordingly.
- Observe the syllabus carefully: Check the syllabus carefully before starting with the preparation. Check all the important topics and chapters and prepare accordingly.
- Understand the concepts: Rather than mugging up the concepts, make sure to understand the concepts and understand the logic behind the particular topic.
- Watch youtube videos: If any concept is not clear, search the same topic on youtube and clear you problems by watching those videos.
- Practice sample papers: For the preparation of any exam, find the sample papers and start solving them. Practice and practice till the time of examination.
- Revise: Revision is the key to success, in this case, scoring well in the examination. So, revise each and every concept you will study daily.
courses offered via GSAT 2020
Some of the courses that can be selected by the candidates after clearing GITAM GSAT are given below.
For Physical Sciences (Test Code 101)
- M.Sc. Applied Mathematics
- M.Sc. Data Science
- M.Sc. Electronics
- M.Sc. Physics
- M.Sc Statistics
For Life Sciences (Test Code 102)
- M.Sc. Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- M.Sc. Biochemistry
- M.Sc. Environmental Science
- M.Sc. Food Science and Technology
- M.Sc. Microbiology
For Chemical Sciences (Test Code 103)
- M.Sc. Chemistry (Specialization: Analytical/Organic)
- M.Sc. Chemistry (Specialization: Analytical)- Sponsored by Divis Laboratories
GITAM GSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
GITAM Institute of Science sets some terms and conditions for the students who want to apply for GITAM GSAT. As this is an examination conducted for both undergradute and post – graduate programmes, the eligibility requirements are different for every programme.
For Post – Graduate Programmes
Admission into various postgraduate programs (M.Sc./MCA) is based on the rank obtained in GSAT-2020. For Divis Laboratories sponsored program: M.Sc. Chemistry (Analytical) admission is based on the rank obtained in GSAT-2020 and interview.
- M.Sc. Applied Mathematics: B.Sc. with Mathematics as one of the subjects; and Maths & Physical sciences in Intermediate or 10 +2 level
- M.Sc. Statistics: B.Sc. with Statistics as one of the subjects
- M.Sc. Chemistry (Analytical / Organic) & M.Sc. Chemistry (Specialization: Analytical) – Sponsored by Divis Laboratories: B.Sc. with Chemistry as one of the subjects
- M.Sc. Physics: B.Sc. with Mathematics & Physics and any other allied subject
- M.Sc. Electronic Science: B.Sc. with Mathematics & Physics / Electronics and any other allied subject.
- M.Sc. Data Science & Master of Computer Applications (MCA-3 Years): BCA/B.Sc. with Mathematics/Statistics/ Computer Science as one of the subjects.
- M.Sc. Biochemistry and Molecular Biology & M.Sc. Biotechnology: B.Sc. with Biological Sciences/Chemistry/ Bioinformatics/BEM/B.Sc. Food Science/Home Science/B.Tech. in allied subjects/ B.Pharm./BPT/MLT/BDS.
- M.Sc. Microbiology: B.Sc. with Biological Sciences/Chemistry/ Bioinformatics/BEM/B.Sc. Food Science/Home Science/B.Tech. in allied subjects/ B.Pharm./MLT.
- M.Sc. Food Science and Technology: B.Sc. with Biological Sciences/Chemistry/ BEM/B.Sc. Food Science/Home Science/ B.Pharm./MLT/B.Sc.(Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry)/B.A. Home Science.
- M.Sc. Environmental Science: BEM/B.Sc. in Biological Sciences/Physical Sciences /B.Tech./B.Pharm.
For Undergraduate Programmes:
Admission into UG programs (B.Sc./BCA/BEM) and Integrated M.Sc. Biotechnology is based on merit in the qualifying examination.
- BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications): Intermediate/ +2 or equivalent.
- BEM (Bachelor of Environmental Management): Intermediate/ +2/ Vocational or equivalent
- B.Sc. (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry), B.Sc. (Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science) & B.Sc. (Mathematics, Electronics, Computer Science): Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry at Intermediate/+2.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry: Physics, Chemistry & Maths / Biology at Intermediate / +2 or equivalent
- B.Sc. (Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science) & B.Sc. (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science): Intermediate/10+2 with Mathematics as one of the subjects or equivalent.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry: Intermediate/10+2 with Chemistry as one of the subjects or equivalent
- B.Sc. (Biochemistry, Microbiology, Bioinformatics): Intermediate/10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology or equivalent D.Pharmacy/Vocational Course with Fisheries/Sericulture/Dairying/MLT/ Physiotherapy.
- B.Sc. (Biotechnology, Microbiology, Chemistry), Five year Integrated M.Sc. Biotechnology (with an option to secure B.Sc. at the end of 3rd year and B.Sc. (Hons.) at the end of 4th year), & B.Sc. (Environmental Science, Biotechnology, Chemistry): Intermediate/10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology or equivalent D.Pharmacy/Vocational Course with Fisheries/Sericulture/Dairying.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Food Technology: Intermediate/10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology or equivalent
GSAT 2020 Hall Ticket
Admit Card for GSAT 2020 is released in the online mode at gsat.gitam.edu. The candidates can download GITAM GSAT 2020 Hall Ticket by providing the application number / e-mail id and password. All the registered candidates are required to carry the hall ticket to the exam centre positively. Make sure a valid id proof is carried along with the admit card. It consists of noteworthy details like name and address of the candidate, exam date, exam time, general instructions etc.
GITAM GSAT 2020 Test Centres
The institute has the authority to change / add the test centre according to their choices. For more information about GITAM GSAT 2020, check the list of the test centres given below. These exam centres are for Postgraduate Programs (GSAT-2020) only:
GITAM GSAT 2020 Result
Result for GITAM GSAT is released in the online mode at gsat.gitam.edu. Candidates can check their result by entering their hall ticket number and date of birth. After the declaration of result, the candidates are required to appear for the counselling for the verification of documents. After the declaration of result, the scorecard is also released on the official website.
About Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM) is situated in the state of Andhra Pradesh. It constitutes 3 campuses in Vishakhapatnam, Bengaluru, and Hyderabad. GITAM Institute of Science conducts GSAT for the students who want to pursue undergraduate and post-graduate programs in the science stream. It offers 12 UG programmes and 13 PG programmes.
GITAM GSAT 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : GITAM GSAT is conducted for both UG and PG programmes.
Ans : GITAM GSAT 2020 will be conducted in the offline mode.
Ans : The candidates must have secured atleast 50% marks in 10+2.
Ans : You can apply at gitam.edu for GITAM GSAT 2020.
Ans : GITAM GSAT 2020 will be conducted for 1 hour.
Ans : GITAM GSAT consists of multiple-choice questions.
For more details about GITAM GSAT 2020- Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.