GU IDOL offers admission into various under Master, IT and PG Diploma courses for the academic year 2018-19. Interested candidates who are seeking admission into Gauhati University, Institute of Distance and Open Learning can check all the details like eligbility, application procedure, Selection procedure etc from this page given below.
GU IDOL Admission 2018
The Gauhati University Institute of Distance and Open Learning will invite the aspiring students committed to excellence to apply for admission to various courses. The institute offers the following programmes.
- Master Degree Programme – Assamese, English, Economics, History, Bengali, Bodo & Mass Communication
- IT Programme – M.Sc. (IT), PGDCA
- PG Diploma Programme – PGDHRM, PGDBM, PGDJMC
|Admission Commence from||21 Aug 2018|
|Last date of admission at study center for B.A/B.Com||17 Sep 2018|
|Last date of Submission of admissions
Forms & fees at IDOL for B.A/B.Com
|20 Sep 2018|
|Last date of Admissions||29 Sep 2018|
Notice: Click here to check the Public notice
Application Form 2018
Interested candidates can take admission in various UG and PG courses by filling the application form online through the official website of Gauhati University. Candidates are requested to read the complete instructions and ensure their eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
Note* Application form may be obtained on payment of 50/- at:
- GUIDOL authorized Study Centres.
- UBI Gauhati University Branch.
- Click here Application form of B.A. / B.Com (General Course).
- Click here for Application form of Admission for session 2018-19.
Official website i.e., www.idolgu.in
How to Apply?
- Log on at www.idolsrm.on
- Go to link: student
- Click on: Self Enrollment
- Type / select required information on the student enrollment sheet.
- Review the information entered and Submit.
- Save the PDF copy of the submitted form.
- Send the PDF copy of the submitted form along with Demand Draft for the requisite fee in favour of Director GUIDOL Payble of Guwahati.
- Preserve the print out of the submitted form with reference number. Reference number will be required to track the status of the applicant in future.
- Candidates may track their status of application by click the link student>status of Applicant.
- On receipt of the above information by post / or hand and the prescribed fees, the admission will be approved. The candidates will get their roll number and the study materials.
M.A / M.Sc and MCJ Programmes
Graduate from any recognized Indian or Foreign University in any discipline irrespective of subject (s) pursued and percentage of marks obtained.
B.Sc / BCA/ Graduate in Engineering, Technology or equivalent degree from a recognized Indian or Foreign University.
M.A / M.Sc Programmes
- Candidates of the folowing categories may be allowed Lateral entry into the final year module / 3rd semester of the M.A / M.Sc programme under GUIDOL.
- Candidates, who have successfully completed their Previous Examinations / 2 Semesters in the concerned subject from IDOL, but discontined due to some reasons.
- Candidates, who have sucessfully completed their 1st and 2nd semesters / previous year in the concerned subjects from the Regular / Private mode of the University but had to discontinue due to some reasons.
Master of Communication & Journalism (MCJ)
Candidates with PGDJMC from IDOL, GU/IGNOU/Dibrugarh University may be allowed Lateral Entry into the final year module of MCJ programme.
M.A / M.Sc / M.Com. Programmes
M.Sc in Information Technology (M.Sc-IT)
B.C.A / B.Sc. – IT Programme
PG Diploma Programmes
Authorised Study Centres
Barpeta: Bajali College, Barnagar College, Barpeta B.T. College, B.H. College, B.H.B. College, Bhabanipur Anchalik College, G. L. Choudhury College, M.C. College, Nabajyoti College, Nirmal Haloi College. Bongaigaon: Abhayapuri College, Birjhora Mahavidyalaya, Bongaigaon College. Baksa: B.B. Kishan College, Barama College, Gyanpeeth Degree College, North Kamrup College, Salbari College, Thamna Anchalik Degree College. Chirang: Bengtol College, Bijni College, Bodofa U.N. Brahma College. Darrang: Deomornoi Degree College, Kharupetia College, Mangaldai College. Dhubri: B.N. College, Bilasipara College, Chilarai College, Dhubri Girls’ College, Mankachar College, Pramathesh Baruah College, Ratnapith College, Sapatgram College. Goalpara: Bikali College, Dalgoma Anchalik College, Dudhnoi College, Goalpara College, Lakhipur College, West Goalpara College. Hojai: Haji Anfar Ali College, Hojai College, Murazar College. Kamrup(M): D. K. Girls’ College, Gauhati Commerce College, Karmashree Hiteswar Saikia College, K.C. Das Commerce College, L.C.B. College, Paschim Guwahati Mahavidyalaya. Kamrup(R): B. P. Chaliha College, Chhaygaon College, Jawaharlal Nehru College, Paschim Barigog Anchalik Mahavidyalaya, Puthimari College, Rangia College, Rangia Teachers’ Training College, S.B.M.S. College, Sontali Anchalik College, Suren Das College. Kokrajhar: Commerce College Kokrajhar, Fakiragram College, Girls’ College Kokrajhar. Morigaon: Charaibahi College, Jagiroad College. Nalbari: Barkhetri College, Dhamdhama Anchalik College., M.N.C. Balika Mahavidyalaya, Nalbari College, Nalbari Commerce College, Tihu College, Uttar Kampith College. Nagaon: A.D.P. College, Dhing College, Dr. B.K.B College, Kaliabor College, Lumding College, Nagaon G.N.D.G. Commerce College, Nowgong College, Raha College, Rupahi College. Sonitpur: Behali Degree College, Biswanath College, Chaiduar College, Chatia College, Darrang College, Kalabari College, L.O.K.D. College, Rangapara College, T.H.B. College, Tezpur College. Udalguri: Kalaguru Bishnu Rabha Degree College, Tangla College, Udalguri College.
Official Website: www.idolgu.in.
For more details of GU IDOL Admission – Download 2018 Information Brochure.