GU RET Application Form 2020, The application form for GU RET 2020 is through the Central Application Process (CAP). The CAP has started from as per the schedule given below and the candidate can fill the form with the help of the link provided below. The GU RET 2020 is conducted to select suitable candidates for GU M.Phil and Ph.D. courses. The exam will be conducted for those candidates who have not been exempted from giving GU RET 2020. The CAP will be facilitated through a dedicated online portal on the official website (web.gauhati.ac.in/gu-ret). The candidate must have a post-graduate degree in the respective subject from any recognized university to be eligible to apply. For more details about GU RET Application Form 2020 refer this page.
Latest: Last date to Apply has been extended up to November 09, 2020. Scroll down to Apply.
GU RET Application Form 2020
The Central Application Process (CAP) is a completely online process and will be carried out on the official website. It is mandatory for all the candidates to fill the CAP to be able to apply. The complete schedule for CAP is provided in the table below.
|Central Application Process (CAP) start date||Open|
|Last date to fill the application form(via. CAP)|
|GU RET 2020 exam|
Apply Online: Click here to apply for GU RET 2020 Application form.
GU RET 2020 Central Application process (CAP) Fee
The candidates can pay the application fee through payment gateway facilitated by the university. Last year CAP fee was Rs 1000/- so it may be revised for academic year 2020-21. The candidates who have been exempted to give the GU RET 2020 will also have to make the payment of fee for their application to be considered.
How to Apply for GU RET 2020 CAP
The Central Application process (CAP) is a online process and will be carried out on the official website of Gauhati University. All the candidate (including those exempted from giving GU RET 2020) have to fill the CAP necessarily to be able to apply for the courses of M.Phil and Ph.D in GU. The detailed procedure of CAP is as follows.
- First you have to visit the official website and there on the left side you can select the CAP.
- If the CAP is made live you can start filling.
- First you have to register on the CAP portal.
- To register you have to enter your personal details like name, phone number, email Id etc.
- A verification code will be sent to your email Id and phone number.
- Validate the code and an application number and password will be generated.
- After this you have to login using the application number and password.
- In the form now you have to fill details about your education both graduation and post graduation.
- After that you have to select the specialisation for which you want to apply.
- Upload the documents as asked like your photograph and signature.
- The final is payment. You can make the payment through online mode only. After the payment the application form is submitted.
Eligibility Criteria for GU RET 2020
The eligibility criteria for GU RET 2020 depends on the courses and specialization for which the candidate is applying. The complete eligibility criteria is as follows.
- Any person having a Postgraduate Degree of GU or from any recognised university or institute in a subject in the Faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce, Management, Law, Technology, Fine Arts, Engineering, and Medicine or other professional subjects of GU with not less than 55 (fifty five) percent of marks or equivalent grade in the concerned subject may apply for admission into the MPhil or PhD programmes in the concerned subject in which the candidate has the Masters Degree or in an allied subject. The minimum marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates or a differently-abled candidate (with equal to or more than 40% disability) is 50% or equivalent grade.
- In the case of Medical Sciences specialisation the rules of Medical council of India or the Indian Nursing Council or Rehabilitation Council of India or the recommendation of faculty of Medicine for clinical courses will be followed.
- The candidate who has M.Ed. degree can apply for PhD programme in the Education Department for research on a topic related to Education, Education System, Curriculum, Teaching Methods, and Educational Technology.
- The students who are appearing in the final examination of their post graduation are also eligible to apply.
- An applicant who is in a service (either permanent or temporary or part-time) should have a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer before admission can be allowed.
GU RET 2020 Admit Card
The admit card will be issued for the candidates who have successfully filled the CAP along with the payment of CAP fees. The admit card will be issued on the official website as per the schedule. Admit card contains the important information about the exam and exam center venue and date and time of reporting to the center. It is mandatory to carry the admit card to the exam center and no candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without it.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.