GU RET Application Form 2021- The last date to fill the GU RET 2021 application form for M.Phil and Ph.D course is extended up to November 12, 2021. The GU RET 2021 is conducted to select suitable candidates for GU M.Phil and PhD courses. Candidates can fill the CAP registration form on the official website, which is admissions.gauhati.ac.in. The candidate must have a post-graduate degree in the respective subject from any recognized university to be eligible to apply. For more details about GU RET Application Form 2021 refer to this page.
Latest – The last date to submit the GU RET 2021 application form for M.Phil and Ph.D course is extended up to November 12, 2021. Scroll below to Apply.
GU RET Application Form 2021
The Central Application Process (CAP) is a completely online process and will be carried out on the official website. It is mandatory for all the candidates to fill the CAP to be able to apply. The complete schedule for CAP is provided in the table below.
|Central Application Process (CAP) start date||23 Oct 2021|
|Last date to fill the application form(via. CAP)||12 Nov 2021|
|GU RET 2021 exam||28 Nov 2021|
Apply Online: Click here fill the GU RET 2021 Application form
GU RET 2021 Central Application process (CAP) Fee
Application fee is ₹.1000.00 (one thousand) per subject (the bank transaction fees, if any are not included). All applicants (irrespective of any exemptions) must go through the CAP and pay the CAP fee after successful completion of the CAP. Without the remittance of this fee, you will not be able appear in the GURET 2021. The fee should be paid through online payment gateway only.
How to Apply for GU RET 2021 CAP
The Central Application Process (CAP) is an online process and will be carried out on the official website of Gauhati University. All the candidates (including those exempted from giving GU RET 2021) have to fill the CAP necessarily to be able to apply for the courses of M.Phil and PhD in GU. The detailed procedure of CAP is as follows.
- First you have to visit the official website from the link given above.
- First you have to register on the CAP portal.
- To register you have to enter your personal details like name, phone number, email Id etc.
- A verification code will be sent to your email Id and phone number.
- Validate the code and an application number and password will be generated.
- After this you have to login using the application number and password.
- In the form now you have to fill details about your education both graduation and post graduation.
- After that you have to select the specialisation for which you want to apply.
- Upload the documents as asked like your photograph and signature.
- The final is payment. You can make the payment through online mode only. After the payment the application form is submitted.
Eligibility Criteria for GU RET 2021
The eligibility criteria for GU RET 2021 depends on the courses and specialization for which the candidate is applying. The complete eligibility criteria is as follows.
The eligibility criteria for GU RET 2021 depends on the courses and specialization for which the candidate is applying. The complete eligibility criteria are as follows.
- Any person having a Postgraduate Degree of GU or from any recognised university or institute in a subject in the Faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce, Management, Law, Technology, Fine Arts, Engineering, and Medicine or other professional subjects of GU with not less than 55 (fifty five) percent of marks or equivalent grade in the concerned subject may apply for admission into the PhD programmes in the concerned subject in which the candidate has the Masters Degree or in an allied subject. The minimum marks tyfor SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates or a differently-abled candidate (with equal to or more than 40% disability) is 50% or equivalent grade.
- In case of Medical Sciences, the rules of Medical Council of India/Indian Nursing Council/Rehabilitation Council of India/ recommendation of Faculty of Medicine for Clinical Courses shall be followed (where necessary).
- Students who have appeared or are appearing in their postgraduate final examinations may also apply for admission into the PhD Programmes. However, such candidates will be required to furnish their results before the final selection list of successful applicants is prepared by the concerned department.
- An applicant who is in a service (either permanent or temporary or part-time) should have a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer before admission can be allowed.
Eligibility Criteria for International Candidates
An International Applicant is one who is not a domicile of India. An International Applicant is not required to appear in the GU-RET. The Counselling process for International Applicants can be carried out through other methods of available technology.
- You MUST have passed Masters level examination from a university / institute recognised by the UGC.
- You MUST have secured at least 55% or equivalent grade in your Masters examination.
- Qualifying Examination : For admission into the PhD Programme of GU, you MUST have passed a course which is equivalent to the two-year Masters Programme that we have here, which is usually taken after twelve (12) years of school and three (3) years of undergraduate course, completing a total of 15 years of education. That is, you MUST have had 17 years of formal education before you can be admitted into a MPhil & PhD Programme. Though this may vary depending on different disciplines.
- An International Applicant will have to demonstrate proficiency in English either through standardized tests such as TOEFL, IELTS etc. or through a proven record of receiving education in the English language over a considerable length of time.
- While considering international applications, the DRC (or FRC) of the concerned department will take into consideration the merit of the research proposal, reference letters, and scores of standardized tests such as GRE.
- There is NO application fee for International Applicant. An International Applicant should visit the IRW (International Relations Wing) to know how to apply.
GU RET 2021 Admit Card
The admit card will be issued for the candidates who have successfully filled the CAP along with the payment of CAP fees. The admit card will be issued on the official website as per the schedule. Admit card contains important information about the exam and exam centre venue and date and time of reporting to the centre. It is mandatory to carry the admit card to the exam centre and no candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without it.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.