GU RET 2020 – GURET is the first screening test after the CAP for admission into Ph.D. programme of GU. The examination was conducted on November 09, 2020. After GURET, the university has published the merit list for each subject based on the performance of the student in the GURET 2020. The merit list will be considered by each department for counselling. For more information about GURET 2020 continue checking this page.
Latest: GU RET 2020 Result has been declared by Gauhati University. Click here to check it
GU RET 2020
The GU-RET is conducted for admission of the suitable candidate into M.Phil and Ph.D. courses. Recipient of any National Level Fellowship awarded for M.Phil and Ph.D. by a National Agency are exempted from GU-RET 2020. Also, eligible international students are exempted from appearing in GU-RET 2020. The complete schedule for the complete admission process is given below.
|Central Application Process (CAP)||Open|
|Close date of CAP|
|Issue of Admit Card||17 Nov 2020|
|Counselling||To be announced|
|Final Merit List||To be announced|
|M.Phil – PhD Course Work will begin from||To be announced|
GU RET 2020 Revised Schedule Notice
Eligibility Criteria for GU RET 2020
The eligibility criteria for GU RET 2020 depends on the courses and specialization for which the candidate is applying. The complete eligibility criteria are as follows.
- Any person having a Postgraduate Degree of GU or from any recognised university or institute in a subject in the Faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce, Management, Law, Technology, Fine Arts, Engineering, and Medicine or other professional subjects of GU with not less than 55 (fifty five) percent of marks or equivalent grade in the concerned subject may apply for admission into the MPhil or PhD programmes in the concerned subject in which the candidate has the Masters Degree or in an allied subject. The minimum marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates or a differently-abled candidate (with equal to or more than 40% disability) is 50% or equivalent grade.
- In the case of Medical Sciences specialisation, the rules of the Medical Council of India or the Indian Nursing Council or Rehabilitation Council of India or the recommendation of faculty of Medicine for clinical courses will be followed.
- The candidate who has M.Ed. the degree can apply for the PhD programme in the Education Department for research on a topic related to Education, Education System, Curriculum, Teaching Methods, and Educational Technology.
- The students who are appearing in the final examination of their post-graduation are also eligible to apply.
- The candidate who is employed must bring No Objection Certificate from the employer.
Candidates exemption from GU-RET 2020
- Recipient of any National Level Fellowship (CSIR/UGC-JRF, ICMR-JRF, ICAR-JRF, DBT-JRF) awarded for M.Phil or PhD program by a National Agency are exempted from giving GU-RET 2020.
- Eligible International Students are also exempted from appearing in the GU-RET 2020.
- Exemption from GU-RET 2020 does not mean confirmed admission in the M.Phil or PhD program. All the exempted candidates will still have to go through the counselling process before they are awarded a seat in M.Phil or P.h.D program.
- The candidate can avail the exemption only once and if the candidate did not take admission then he/she cannot claim for exemption again. However, if a candidate has strong reasons for exemption again then he/she will have to provide that in writing.
- The admission through exempted seats are only 50% of the total seats and if the candidate is not getting the seat through exempted one then he/she can try through the GU-RET 2020 exam.
- If the candidate fulfils all the criteria for an exemption then also the candidate have to fill the CAP process and pay the fees.
The above mentioned eligibility criteria is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only.
GU RET 2020 Application Form
The application process for GU RET 2020 will be conducted through a Central Application Process (CAP). Candidates can fill the form for Ph.D and M.Phil course through CAP. Also, the candidates who have been exempted from taking GU RET 2020 have to fill the CAP and pay the fees. The application form for GU RET 2020 will be available, Candidates fill the same before the last date. You must check the eligibility criteria first before applying for GU RET 2020.
Expected Application Fee
The application fee is very important and without the payment of fee, the application form is considered incomplete and admit card will not get generated. The candidate who has been exempted from GU RET 2020 have to pay the fees. The expected application fee is Rs 1000 for every subject applied and the additional bank charges may apply.
GU RET 2020 Admit Card
The admit card will be released after the completion of the CAP process. The candidates who have filled the CAP and also paid the fees will get the admit card for GU RET 2020. The admit card contains the exam date, exam venue and time, and other important information. The admit card is a crucial document and the candidate will only be allowed to enter the examination hall if he/she successfully produces the university issued admit card.
GU RET 2020 Exam Pattern
The duration of the examination will be 90 minutes, in which the applicant has to answer 120 MCQ. For every right answer, 4 marks will be awarded and for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted. There will no marking for un-attempted questions.
For each discipline, out of the 120 questions, 10 questions will be from general awareness in the subject concerned and rest will be related to the subject. The syllabus for the GURET 2020 will be that of the concerned Master’s subject.
GU RET 2020 Result
The result will be declared for the GU RET 2020 after the completion of GU RET 2020 exam. The result will be released online on the official website. The result is declared in the form of merit list. The university will publish the merit list for each subject based on the performance of the student in the exam. The merit list will be considered by each department for the admission in the subject in which the candidate has applied for.
GU RET 2020 Counseling
The counselling is the last round that the candidate has to clear to get admission into the M.Phil or PhD courses. All the candidates have to go through counselling to get admission. The candidates who are exempted from GU RET 2020 will also have to go through counselling. Any candidate who fails to appear in the Counselling Session will not be able to take admission. The counselling carries a total of 20 marks. The method of selection is varied for each department and they will publish the method of selection to the candidates.
M.Phil and PhD Fee structure
The given fee structure is based on last year’s information brochure and for reference purpose only.
|Ph.D||Arts, Law, Fine Arts||Rs 10200|
|Ph.D||Science, Technology, Commerce and Management||Rs 19000|
|M.Phil||Arts, Law, Fine Arts||Rs 22400|
|M.Phil||Science, Technology, Commerce and Management||Rs 27900|
For more details regarding GU RET 2020 follow the official website: gauhati.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.