GU RET 2021 – The admit card for GU RET and B.Ed entrance exam has released at admissions.gauhati.ac.in. GU RET 2021 exam is going to be conducted on November 28, 2021. After GURET, the university will publish the merit list for each subject based on the performance of the student in the GURET 2021. The merit list will be considered by each department for counselling. GURET is the first screening test for admission into Ph.D. programme of GU. For more information about GURET 2021 continue checking this page.
Latest – Gauhati University has shifted the GUIST (Old BT Hostel) Center of GURET 2021 to GUIST Main Building (near New Academic Building). Stay here for the latest updates.
Latest – The admit card for GU RET and B.Ed entrance exam 2021 has released. Scroll down to get it.
GU RET 2021
The GU-RET is conducted for admission of the suitable candidate into M.Phil and Ph.D. courses. Recipient of any National Level Fellowship awarded for M.Phil and Ph.D. by a National Agency are exempted from GU-RET 2021. Also, eligible international students are exempted from appearing in GU-RET 2021. The complete schedule for the complete admission process is given below.
|Central Application Process (CAP)||23 Oct 2021|
|Close date of CAP||12 Nov 2021|
|Issue of Admit Card||16 Nov 2021|
|GU-RET 2021||28 Nov 2021|
|GU-RET Result||09 Dec 2021|
|Counselling||11-17 Dec 2021|
|Online Admission||20 Dec 2021|
|M.Phil – PhD Course Work will begin from||To be Announced|
GU RET 2021 Admit Card
The admit card for GU RET and B.Ed entrance exam has released. Candidates can download the admit card for GU RET and B.Ed entrance exam by using application number at admissions.gauhati.ac.in. The admit card contains the exam date, exam venue and time, and other important information. The admit card is a crucial document and the candidate will only be allowed to enter the examination hall if he/she successfully produces the university issued admit card.
Admit Card: Click here to download the admit card for GU RET and B.Ed entrance exam 2021.
Eligibility Criteria for GU RET 2021
The eligibility criteria for GU RET 2021 depends on the courses and specialization for which the candidate is applying. The complete eligibility criteria are as follows.
- Any person having a Postgraduate Degree of GU or from any recognised university or institute in a subject in the Faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce, Management, Law, Technology, Fine Arts, Engineering, and Medicine or other professional subjects of GU with not less than 55 (fifty five) percent of marks or equivalent grade in the concerned subject may apply for admission into the PhD programmes in the concerned subject in which the candidate has the Masters Degree or in an allied subject. The minimum marks tyfor SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates or a differently-abled candidate (with equal to or more than 40% disability) is 50% or equivalent grade.
- In case of Medical Sciences, the rules of Medical Council of India/Indian Nursing Council/Rehabilitation Council of India/ recommendation of Faculty of Medicine for Clinical Courses shall be followed (where necessary).
- Students who have appeared or are appearing in their postgraduate final examinations may also apply for admission into the PhD Programmes. However, such candidates will be required to furnish their results before the final selection list of successful applicants is prepared by the concerned department.
- An applicant who is in a service (either permanent or temporary or part-time) should have a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer before admission can be allowed.
Eligibility Criteria for International Candidates
An International Applicant is one who is not a domicile of India. An International Applicant is not required to appear in the GU-RET. The Counselling process for International Applicants can be carried out through other methods of available technology.
- You MUST have passed Masters level examination from a university / institute recognised by the UGC.
- You MUST have secured at least 55% or equivalent grade in your Masters examination.
- Qualifying Examination : For admission into the PhD Programme of GU, you MUST have passed a course which is equivalent to the two-year Masters Programme that we have here, which is usually taken after twelve (12) years of school and three (3) years of undergraduate course, completing a total of 15 years of education. That is, you MUST have had 17 years of formal education before you can be admitted into a MPhil & PhD Programme. Though this may vary depending on different disciplines.
- An International Applicant will have to demonstrate proficiency in English either through standardized tests such as TOEFL, IELTS etc. or through a proven record of receiving education in the English language over a considerable length of time.
- While considering international applications, the DRC (or FRC) of the concerned department will take into consideration the merit of the research proposal, reference letters, and scores of standardized tests such as GRE.
- There is NO application fee for International Applicant. An International Applicant should visit the IRW (International Relations Wing) to know how to apply.
Candidates exemption from GU-RET 2021
- Recipient of any National Level Fellowship (CSIR/UGC-JRF, ICMR-JRF, ICAR-JRF, DBT-JRF) awarded for M.Phil or PhD program by a National Agency are exempted from giving GU-RET 2021.
- Eligible International Students are also exempted from appearing in the GU-RET 2021.
- Exemption from GU-RET 2021 does not mean confirmed admission in the M.Phil or PhD program. All the exempted candidates will still have to go through the counselling process before they are awarded a seat in M.Phil or P.h.D program.
- The candidate can avail the exemption only once and if the candidate did not take admission then he/she cannot claim for exemption again. However, if a candidate has strong reasons for exemption again then he/she will have to provide that in writing.
- The admission through exempted seats are only 50% of the total seats and if the candidate is not getting the seat through exempted one then he/she can try through the GU-RET 2021 exam.
- If the candidate fulfils all the criteria for an exemption then also the candidate have to fill the CAP process and pay the fees.
GU RET 2021 Application Form
The application process for GU RET 2021 will be conducted through a Central Application Process (CAP). Candidates can fill the form for Ph.D and M.Phil course through CAP. Also, the candidates who have been exempted from taking GU RET 2021 have to fill the CAP and pay the fees. The application form for GU RET 2021 is available, Candidates fill the same before the last date. You must check the eligibility criteria first before applying for GU RET 2021.
Application fee is ₹.1000.00 (one thousand) per subject (the bank transaction fees, if any are not included). All applicants (irrespective of any exemptions) must go through the CAP and pay the CAP fee after successful completion of the CAP. Without the remittance of this fee, you will not be able appear in the GURET 2021. The fee should be paid through online payment gateway only.
GU RET 2021 Exam Pattern
The GURET 2021 will held in offline mode tentatively on November 28, 2021. The duration of the examination will be 120 minutes (2 hours), in which the applicant has to answer 100 MCQ. For every right answer, 4 marks will be awarded and for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted. There will no marking for un-attempted questions.
For each discipline, out of the 100 questions, 10 questions will be from general awareness in the subject concerned and rest will be related to the subject. The syllabus for the GURET 2021 will be that of the concerned Master’s subject.
GU RET 2021 Syllabus
For the academic year 2021-22, the PhD programme will be offered in the following disciplines:
In some disciplines (particularly in Science & Technology departments), PhD applicants are required to have prior expertise in certain areas in order for enrollment in the PhD programme. The syllabus for the GURET 2021 will be that of the concerned Master’s subject. The syllabi for all Master’s Courses can be check from the link given below.
Click here to check the subjectwise syllabus for GURET 2021
GU RET 2021 Result
The result will be declared for the GU RET 2021 after the completion of GU RET 2021 exam. The result will be released online on the official website. The result is declared in the form of merit list. The university will publish the merit list for each subject based on the performance of the student in the exam. The merit list will be considered by each department for the admission in the subject in which the candidate has applied for.
GU RET 2021 Counseling
The counselling is the last round that the candidate has to clear to get admission into the M.Phil or PhD courses. All the candidates have to go through counselling to get admission. The candidates who are exempted from GU RET 2021 will also have to go through counselling. Any candidate who fails to appear in the Counselling Session will not be able to take admission. The counselling carries a total of 20 marks. The method of selection is varied for each department and they will publish the method of selection to the candidates.
Documents to be provided by the applicants at the time of Counselling
- Originals copies of all marksheets and certificates.
- Original or Certified copy of fellowships / scholarship, for those in the Exempted list.
- No Objection Certificate from the employer in case an applicant is being employed.
M.Phil and PhD Fee structure
The given fee structure is based on last year’s information brochure and for reference purpose only.
|Ph.D||Arts, Law, Fine Arts||Rs 10200|
|Ph.D||Science, Technology, Commerce and Management||Rs 19000|
|M.Phil||Arts, Law, Fine Arts||Rs 22400|
|M.Phil||Science, Technology, Commerce and Management||Rs 27900|
For more details regarding GU RET 2021 follow the official website: gauhati.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.