|Times Group Bennett University Admission 2018||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
Gujarat University has released notification for eligible candidates for admission into Post Graduate Medical Courses (other than DM/M.Ch) 2017 of Gujarat University for the academic year 2017-2018. Candidates should apply online on www.pgmedagmgu.com. Candidates can check all the details of Gujarat University PG Medical Admission 2017 like application process, eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
Gujarat University PG Medical Admission 2017
Candidates seeking admission in PG Medical Courses have to fill the Application Form which is available online. Candidates are request to read all the conditions who are applying for this course.
Schedule for the Gujarat University PG Medical Admission 2017 is given below.
|Application forms available oline||25 Oct 2016|
|Online Payment Gateway available||23 Nov 2016|
|Last date for submission of Application online||25 Nov 2016|
|Date for submission of NEET PG 2017 Marksheet||By 30 Jan 2017|
|Declaration of Merit List||28 Feb 2017|
|Choice Filling & Locking for first round of Admission||04 Apr to 10 Apr 2017|
|1st round of Allotment||15 Apr 2017|
|Date for joining the Alloted college and course||By 22 Apr 2017|
The merit list has been published by Gujarat University. Candidate should contact In-Person to PG Medical Admission Committee, MCQ Lab, B.J.Medical College, Ahmedabad on or before 09 Mar 2017 (up to 4:00 PM) during office hours on working days.
Gujarat University has released the list of candidates, Who have been called for Document Verification process. The following candidates are instructed to submit the certificates/documents (In-Person) mentioned against their name to PG Medical Admission Committee, MCQ Lab, B.J.Medical College,Ahmedabad on or before 21 Feb 2017 (Tuesday) during Working hours (10:00 AM to 4:00 PM – Monday to Friday) (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM – Saturday) during working days. If Candidates fails to do so, he/she will not be included in Merit list & will not be eligible for admission in post graduate courses.
Application Form 2017
Candidates had to pay application fee and processing fee of Rs. 1000/- at the time of filling up the online Application form. The filled application form can be submitted online at www.pgmedadmgu.com as per schedule.
- Application form process is over now..!!
Candidates has to upload neccessary documents (self attested) mentioned on wesite, recent passport size photograph and signature (JPG/JPEG format). The application form should be complete in all respects before submission. No alteration or addition will be permitted later on.
Eligibility Criteria & Rule for Admission
- He/she must be an Indian Citizen. He/she must be medically fit.
- The candidate must have completed the recognized M.B.B.S or equivalent course from University within Gujarat State and completed compulsory rotation Internship on or before 31 Mar 2017. Candidats will have to produce full Internship completion certificate at the time of counselling, failing which, candidates will not be eligible for admission.
- A candidate should have obtained permanent registration with Medical Council of India or Gujarat Medical Council within one month from the date of his/her admission, failing which the admission of candidate shall be cancelled without any notice thereof, fees forfeited and will not be eligible to apply in future. This prermanent registration certificate with MCI/GMC should be submitted / checked by respective institute / college where candidate gets admission.
- A candidate who is engaged (at the time of submission of application ) in P.G Medical studies in this University or any Other University or equivalent body is not eligible.
- A candidate who in the past selected and admitted to any P.G. Medical course of this or any other university or equivalent body and have not complete that course at the time of submission of application, is not eligible. (He is not eligible in All India Quota also). However, those candidates who have cancelled their admission with Gujarat University Admission Committee before reshuffling counseling (through head of institute/college) or surrendered his seat during reshuffling counseling is eligible, (but who have not cancelled their admission, will not be eligible)
- A candidate who had applied earlier to this University and who was disqualified because of reason mentioned in Rules 22.214.171.124 (b), 7.8, 7.10, 7.12, (which is mention in the brochure) is not eligible.
- A candidate who is graduate of University other than Gujarat University will have to submit provisional eligibility certificate (P.E.C.) from Gujarat University within one month from the date of his / her admission, failing which the admission of candidate shall be cancelled without any notice thereof, fees forfeited and will not be eligible to apply in future. This provisional eligibility certificate (PEC) should be submitted / checked by respective institute / college where candidate gets admission.
- A candidate (including in service candidates) has to appear in National Eligibility-cum- Entrance test (NEET PG) conducted by Central government competent authority in current academic year for admission to Post-graduate Medical Courses (M.D./M.S./Diploma) and candidate should have to secure minimum of marks at 50th percentile in NEET PG for seeking admission to open category seats and minimum of marks at 40th percentile in NEET PG for seeking admission to SC,ST & SEBC category seats only. (Reserved candidate securing 40th percentile or more but less than 50th percentile in NEET PG will not be eligible for open category seat even if it remains vacant). However, Open category candidate with locomotor disability of lower limbs who has secure minimum of marks at 45th percentile in NEET PG will be eligible for 3% locomotor disability quota only.
Provided when sufficient number of candidates in the respective categories fail to secure minimum marks as prescribed in NEET PG held for any academic year for admission to Post Graduate courses, the Central Government in consultation with Medical Council of India may at its discretion lower the minimum marks required for admission to PG course for candidate belongings to respective categories and marks so lowered shall be applicable for the said academic year.
Admission Committee: Admission and placement of these candidates for particular post graduate course / subject / teacher & institute / college shall be decided by the “Admission Committee” of the Gujarat University. The Admission Committee will be as under:
- Dean, Medical Faculty – Chairman
- Head of the PG institute/college where PG courses are condcuted
- Maximum up to eight members of the teaching staff nominated by Chairman
- As per directive of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, New Delhi, 50% of total available seats in Academic year in various Post-graduate Degree and Diploma courses in each subject in Govt. Institutions / Colleges will be filled up as a All India Quota Seats as per All India 50% Quota rank by Competent Authority. The remaining seats will be available for the candidates passing from Gujarat University in accordance. The student passing from other statutory Universities within Gujarat State will be considered as per their merits in accordance.
- For Self-finance Colleges / Institutions, 75% of total seats shall be filled by Admission Committee of Gujarat University and the remaining 25% seats (Management quota seats including 15% genuine NRI seats) shall be filled up by Consortium of Colleges / Institutes as per Gujarat Professional Medical Educational Colleges or Institutions [Regulation of admission and fixation of fess, Act-2007] Act 3 of 2008 & Gujarat Ordinance No. 2 of 2016. Admission on the Management quota / NRI quota seats shall be given by the Consortium of Colleges/Institutes on the basis of NEET PG 2017 rank of the candidates who have applied for admission against the Management quota / NRI seats of the respective college / institution.
- In case the seats reserved for All India quota in Medical course reamin vacant because of non availability of candidates the same will be treated as local seats.
- Remaining 50% (or more) of total seats in post graduate courses will be filled up by the “Admission Committee” of University.
Admission process will be done once in each academic year. Time schedule of two round of counseling and completion of entire admission process shall be carried out as per regulations of Medical Council of India. The last date for completion of entire admission process will be 31 May of respective academic year.
Academic year: 1st May to 30 Apr of Next year. (Two academic terms in each academic year).
1st Academic term: 1st May to 31st October.
2nd Academic term: 1st November to 30th Apr to Next year.
For more details of Gujarat University PG Medical Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.