GUJCET 2020 – GSEB has released the application form for GUJCET 2020. It is only available online, on gujcet.gseb.org and the link to apply is given below as well. Last date to submit the form is February 05, 2020. 10+2 qualified candidates, satisfying eligibility criteria can apply for the exam. Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET) 2020 is due to be held on March 31, to fill seats in UG degree engineering and degree / diploma pharmacy courses, offered by the colleges of Gujarat. The exam is held offline and is of 3 hours. In GUJCET, candidates have to solve multiple choice questions on physics, chemistry, mathematics / biology. Check GUJCET 2020 registration process, exam date, syllabus, exam pattern, and more details below.
Latest: GUJCET 2020 application form is now available. Apply Online Here!
In merit list of GUJCET 60% weightage is given to marks obtained in 12th examination and 40% weightage is given to the marks obtained in the entrance exam. Candidates can check the schedule for GUJCET 2020 from the table given below.
|GUJCET 2020 Application form is available from||21 Jan 2020|
|Last date to apply for the exam||05 Feb 2020|
|Release of admit card||7 days before the exam|
|GUJCET 2020 Exam is held in||31 Mar 2020|
|GUJCET 2020 Result||2nd week of May 2020|
GUJCET 2020 Application Form
All the details in GUJCET application form are to be filled as per the details submitted during class 12th examination. The process to fill the GUJCET 2020 application form is as follows:
Step 1 – Click on the link above and click on “Click Here For New Candidate Registration”.
Step 2 – Enter details, such as surname, name, guardian name, gender, e-mail id, mobile number, and password.
Note: The generated password should be of at least 8 characters and must contain one uppercase, one lower case, one numeric and one special character in the list “@#$%”.
Step 3 – The candidates need to login and pay GUJCET application fee. It is as follows:
- Rs. 300
Candidates can submit it via online modes, which are as follows:
- SBI Epay System using Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking.
Step 4 – After this, the candidates can enter details in the GUJCET 2020 application form and upload images in it.
Note: Other than filling the application form for GUJCET, the candidates also need to fill the application forms of the concerned admission committee or the institutions.
GUJCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidate must fulfil the eligibility criteria of GUJCET 2020 to get admission. It is as follows:
Citizenship: Only Indian candidates are eligible to apply for GUJCET 2020.
State Eligibility: Candidates must be a domicile of Gujarat and should have a document to prove it.
- If a candidate has a document for proving state eligibility but is residing in some other place, then also they can apply for GUJCET 2020.
Outside State: Candidates, whose parents are officers / employees working in some other state but are resident of Gujarat, are also eligible if:
- Their parents are officers / employees of central or state government OR are in military forces OR are an employee in the board / corporation governed by the central / state government.
- The candidate should have passed class 12 / HSC examination from a school board recognized by the other state.
Qualification: Candidate must have passed 12th standard from science stream, from a recognized board. In all, there are 61 boards which are valid for GUJCET 2020. These are
- Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board
- NIOS, etc.
Candidates can check the complete list of all the boards from Appendix-3 of information brochure. It is given in on page 22.
Note: Candidates who are appearing for Class 12th / equivalent and fulfill the criteria above also eligible for GUJCET 2020. These candidates need to make sure that the marks criteria are satisfied when the result for class 12th is announced.
GUJCET 2020 Eligibility of Schools / Institutions for Sending Candidates
Gujarat Board has allowed schools to send applications for GUJCET. However, only the following schools can do so:
All Higher Secondary Schools which are registered with GSEB, have been given permission to teach science stream in 10+2, and have index number for higher secondary certificate exam can fill online forms for the GUJCET exam.
Other than this, all the schools which are recognized by CBSE / ICSE and are situated in Gujarat can also send candidates for the exam. However, schools must have the permission to run science stream in 10+2.
These institutes or the schools have to:
- Get all the registered filled in forms and details of the candidates as and when asked by the Board.
- Keep all the registers and records of the data and provide it to the Board from time to time.
- Co-opertate in the proper administration of the exam.
- Check and implement the instructions which are issued by the Gujarat Board.
GUJCET 2020 Exam Schedule
The examination will be held in on a single day, from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. The duration of each paper shall be as follows:
- Physics-chemistry – 120 minutes.
- Mathematics / Biology – 60 minutes.
Schedule of GUJCET 2020 is as follows:
|Physics-Chemistry||10:00 am to 12:00 pm|
|Biology||01:00 pm to 2:00 pm|
|Mathematics||03:00 pm to 4:00 pm|
GUJCET 2020 Groups
There are 3 groups under GUJCET 2020 exam. These are as follows:
- Group A – physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
- Group B – physics, chemistry, and biology.
- Group AB – physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology.
Candidates have to choose a group while applying for GUJCET 2020.
GUJCET 2020 Exam Centers
The list of GUJCET 2020 exam centers, along with the center code, is given below.
|207||Junagadh & Diu|
|216||Valsad & Daman, Dadra Nagar Haveli|
GUJCET 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of GUJCET 2020 has also been released by GSEB. Candidates can check it from below:
Duration: The duration of the exam is 3 hours (180 minutes).
- Candidates get 120 minutes to solve physics-chemistry and 60 minutes for mathematics / biology paper.
Language: The question paper will be provided in Gujarati, Hindi, and English language.
- The question paper is provided to the candidate in that language which they selected in the application form.
Question Type: All the questions in the exam are of multiple choice questions.
- Candidates get 4 answer options and only 1 is correct.
Papers: Two paper are held under GUJCET 2020, for:
- Physics-Chemistry (There is one combine question paper these two subjects)
- Mathematics / Biology
Total marks: The total number of questions in the exam is 120.
Marking scheme: All the questions in the exam are of 1 marks. Negative marking is of 0.25 marks.
Important Note: Negative marking of 1 mark is done if a candidate selects multiple options as answer.
Distribution of questions and marks in the exam is as follows:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum marks|
|Physics-Chemistry||80 (40 from each subject)||80|
|Maths / Bio||40||40|
Note: Candidates gets a separate OMR sheet for physics-chemistry and mathematics / biology paper.
GUJCET 2020 Syllabus
GSEB follows NCERT 10+2 syllabus for GUJCET 2020. Candidates can check it from below:
- Solid State
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- P-Block Elements – II
- Halo Alkanes and Halo Arenes
- Phenols and Ethers
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- f Block Elements
- Complex Salts or Co-ordination Compound
- Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Complex Numbers
- Definite Integration
- Indefinite Integration
- Matrices Determinants
- Permutation & Combination
- Sets, Relations & Functions
- Theory of Equations
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Electric Charge & Electric Field
- Electrostatic Potential & Capacitance
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Electric Current
- Magnetism & Matter
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Alternating Current
- Electro Magnetic Waves
- Ray Optics
- Wave Optics
- Dual Nature of Radiation & Matter
- Semi-Conductor Electronics
- Communication System
GUJCET 2020 Books
Check important books for GUJCET 2020 from below:
|Name of the book||Buy here|
|Physics Part- I & II Class 12 NCERT||Click here|
|Mathematics NCERT Textbook for class 11 and 12 combo||Clcik here|
|Chemistry Textbook for Class 12 – NCERT Combo of Two Books Part 1 + Part 2||Click here|
|GUJCET 6 PCB Question Paper Sets (2014 – 2019)|
6 OMR Sheets, ANSWER KEYS in English
|Gujarat CET Engineering Solved Papers||Click here|
|GUJ-CET 15 Practice Sets||Click here|
GUJCET 2020 Preparation Tips
Here are some preparation tips for cracking GUJCET 2020 with flying colours.
- Start preparing well in advance. If you think that you’re weak in any particular section then don’t worry but start your preparation in advance so as to avoid last minute hassle.
- Understand the exam pattern and prioritize according to your skills.
- Do not refer too many books. It is better to follow one good book from a well known author rather than referring to many books for the same section.
- Give as many as possible Mock Tests and analyse your performance in every section.
- Don’t be shy! Do not keep your doubts till you. share them and get it cleared.
- Make a study plan and follow it regularly. Remember, your biggest tool is consistency.
- Clear your concepts and practice shortcuts techniques of solving questions.
- Keep a holistic approach. Do not leave things for tomorrow
GUJCET 2020 Admit Card
GUJCET admit card is released for registered candidates, on the official website. To download the admit card, candidates need to login by entering their e-mail id and password. After downloading the admit card, candidates must verify all the details and if there is any error then inform GUJCET cell about it.
On the day of the test, candidates need to carry a hard copy of the GUJCET 2020 admit card as a print copy. Candidates need to sign at 2 places in the admit card and also get it signed from block supervisor.
Details on the GUJCET 2020 Admit Card
Hall ticket of GUJCET has the following details mentioned on it which makes it even more important and those are –
- Candidate’s name
- Date of Birth
- Medium of exam
- Subject selected
- Candidate’s photograph
- Candidate’s signature.
- Date and Time of Examination.
- Exam center.
- Instructions, etc.
GUJCET 2020 Bell Time Schedule
The bell time schedule for all the papers of GUJCET 2020 is as follows:
For physics-chemistry paper
|Entry in exam hall||9:30 am|
|Checking and signing of admit card and attendance sheet||9:30 am to 9:45 am|
|Distribution of question booklet and answer sheet||9:45 am|
|Entering details in question booklet and answer sheet||9:50 am to 9:55 am|
|Opening of question booklet seal||9:55 am to 10:00 am|
|Exam starts at||10:00 am|
|Final entry in the exam hall||10:00 am|
|Test ends at||12:00 noon|
|Sticking khaki sticks on answer sheet and submitting it||12:01 pm to 12:05 pm|
For biology paper
|Entry in exam hall||12:30 pm|
|Checking and signing of admit card and attendance sheet||12:30 pm to 12:45 pm|
|Distribution of question booklet and answer sheet||12:45 pm|
|Entering details in question booklet and answer sheet||12:50 pm to 12:55 pm|
|Opening of question booklet seal||12:55 pm to 01:00 pm|
|Exam starts at||01:00 pm|
|Final entry in the exam hall||01:00 pm|
|Test ends at||02:00 pm|
|Sticking khaki sticks on answer sheet and submitting it||02:01 pm to 02:05 pm|
For mathematics paper
|Entry in exam hall||02:30 pm|
|Checking and signing of admit card and attendance sheet||02:30 pm t 02:45 pm|
|Distribution of question booklet and answer sheet||02:45 pm|
|Entering details in question booklet and answer sheet||02:45 pm to 02:55 pm|
|Opening of question booklet seal||02:55 pm to 03:00 pm|
|Exam starts at||03:00 pm|
|Final entry in the exam hall||03:00 pm|
|Test ends at||04:00 pm|
|Sticking khaki sticks on answer sheet and submitting it||04:00 pm to 04:05 pm|
GUJCET 2020 Exam Instructions
The Board has given very specific instructions for the examination and these are as follows:
- To mark answers in the OMR sheet, candidates only have to use black ball point pen.
- Darken the complete circle.
- Rough work is also to be done on the answer sheet.
- Do not add any unnecessary mark on the answer sheet.
- Do not staple or make holes in it.
- Candidates should darken only one circle as their answer for a question.
- Candidates should not carry any unfair means in the exam hall.
- Candidates must return the answer sheet, before leaving the exam hall.
GUJCET 2020 Result
GUJCET 2020 result is released in the form of scorecard and it contains score of the candidate. Result is prepared on the basis of the final answer key and the marking scheme of the exam. Candidate can check and download the scorecard by using 6 digit seat number.
The check of GUJCET answer copy is done by the computerization method, hence, there is no provision for re-checking in the exam. After the announcement of the result, the mark sheet of the candidates is sent to the school, through which the candidate applied. The result of other board candidates is sent by post.
GUJCET 2020 Merit List
Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB) does not prepare the merit list of GUJCET. It is prepared separately by the concerned admission committee. The committee prepares by considering class 12th and GUJCET score.
- To prepare the merit list, 60% weightage is given to percentile in theory of PCM / B and 40% weightage is given to GUJCET percentile.
GUJCET 2020 Counselling
Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) conducts GUJCET counselling after the result is released. During the counselling, verification of the candidate’s eligibility and seat allocation is done. Allotment is done on the basis of merit in GUJCET and choice for college and course submitted by the candidates.
Candidates need following documents during the counselling of GUJCET 2020:
- GUJCET 2019 admit card
- Recent passport size photograph
- GUJCET 2019 result / scorecard
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- 10+2 marksheet and certificate
- Class 10 marksheet and certificate
- Migration or transfer certificate
- Original government ID proof
Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB)
GSEB is an education board situated in Gujarat. It is responsible for academics performance, regulation and development in the state. It conducts Secondary School Certificate (SSC), Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSC) level and state level entrance exam. It was propounded in the year 1972, on the basis of The Gujarat Secondary Education Act 1972′.
Official Notification for GUJCET 2020 Application Form Release
You can check below the official notice for the release of GUJCET 2002 application form release date from below:
Official Notification for GUJCET 2020
Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board released official press note for GUJCET 2020 on the official website, gseb.org. Candidates can check it from below.
GUJCET 2020 Official Phone Number for Inquiry:
- Helpline for Online Registration – 18002335500
- Exam. Secretary – 079-23253824
- Asst. Secretary – 079-23253823
Official Website: gseb.org
GUJCET 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : No, changes cannot take place in the application form of GUJCET 2020.
Ans : Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB) conducts Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET) every year at state level
Ans : Candidate who has passed 12th standard with minimum 45% of the aggregate marks is eligible to apply for GUJCET 2020
Ans : No, candidate cannot show the downloaded admit card on phone. Hard copy of admit card is compulsory to carry.
Ans : Admission will be given on the basis of the Merit List prepared by the 60% weightage of the marks obtained in 12th examination and 40% weightage is given to the marks obtained in the entrance exam.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.