GUJCET 2020 – Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB) conducts Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET) every year at state level. GUJCET 2020 is an offline test conducted for all those aspiring to take admissions in engineering, pharmacy and diploma courses from the colleges of Gujarat. GUJCET is expected to be held in the last week of April 2020. Candidate has to fill an application form online in order to apply for GUJCET 2020. Candidate who has passed 12th standard with minimum 45% of the aggregate marks is eligible to apply for GUJCET 2020. Scroll down to check the eligibility, fee, exam pattern and so on in detail.
In merit list of GUJCET 60% weightage is given to marks obtained in 12th examination and 40% weightage is given to the marks obtained in the entrance exam. Candidates can check the schedule for GUJCET 2020 from the table given below –
|GUJCET 2020 Application form is available from||3rd week Jan 2020|
|GUJCET 2020 Admit Card releases in||3rd week of Apr 2020|
|GUJCET 2020 Exam is held in||Last week of Apr 2020|
|GUJCET 2020 Result||2nd week of May 2020|
GUJCET Quick Links
GUJCET 2020 Syllabus
The below mentioned is the syllabus for GUJCET 2020 which cover three sections and those are Chemistry. Physics and Mathematics.
- Solid State
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- P-Block Elements – II
- Halo Alkanes and Halo Arenes
- Phenols and Ethers
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- f Block Elements
- Complex Salts or Co-ordination Compound
- Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Complex Numbers
- Definite Integration
- Indefinite Integration
- Matrices Determinants
- Permutation & Combination
- Sets, Relations & Functions
- Theory of Equations
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Electric Charge & Electric Field
- Electrostatic Potential & Capacitance
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Electric Current
- Magnetism & Matter
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Alternating Current
- Electro Magnetic Waves
- Ray Optics
- Wave Optics
- Dual Nature of Radiation & Matter
- Semi-Conductor Electronics
- Communication System
GUJCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidate shall check the exam pattern to have a better understanding of how the exam will be, pattern, no of questions and so on.
- Duration: 3 hours (180 minutes)
- Question Type: Multiple choice questions
- Sections: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Total marks: 120
- Marking scheme: Every correct answer will lead to 1 mark to candidate and 0.25 mark shall be deducted for every wrong answer.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum marks|
GUJCET 2020 Preparation Tips (From the Topper’s Guide)
The following are the preparation tips of GUJCET 2020 –
- Start Preparing well in Advance – If you think that you’re weak in any particular section then don’t worry but please hurry up! Start your preparation in advance so as to avoid last moment traffic in your head.
- Understand the exam pattern and prioritize according to your skills.
- Do not refer too many books. It is better to follow one good book from a well known author rather than referring to many books for the same section.
- Give as many as possible Mock Tests and analyse your performance in every section.
- Don’t be shy! Do not keep your doubts till you. share them and get it cleared.
- Make a study plan and follow it regularly- Remember, your biggest tool is consitency.
- Clear your concepts and practice shortcuts techniques of solving questions.
- Keep a holistic approach. Do not leave things for tomorrow
GUJCET 2020 Eligibility
Candidate shall check the eligibility criteria before applying for GUJCET 2020. Those who are found ineligible will not be given admission even if they have cleared the exam with good score.
Gujarat HSC Board does not scrutinises the application form of candidates. Therefore, even if candidate has given exam and scored good, it does not ensure that candidate will end up getting admission. Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) verify the candidate’s documents and check the eligibility of candidate’s on the day of counselling. If, in any case, candidate does not meet eligibility standard, then he / she will be terminated from the admission process. The below mentioned is the eligibility standard. Kindly go through it.
Citizenship: Only Indian candidates are eligible to apply foR GUJCET 2020.
Qualification: Candidate must have passed 12th standard from science stream or else appeared in 12th boards in 2020.
Marks: Candidate must have scored at least 45% of marks from the recognized board. 40% is the minimum for reserved category candidates.
GUJCET 2020 Application Form
GUJCET 2020 application form is released for admissions in the undergraduate courses of Engineering and Pharmacy in the colleges of Gujarat. Candidates can apply for GUJCET 2020 by filling application form online, gseb.org.
GUJCET 2020 Application Form Fee
Application form is considered complete only after the payment of the application fee. The amount paid as an application form fee is non refundable and non transferable. Candidate cannot ask the requisite fee amount back if he / she does not appear for the exam. The application form fee is INR 300/- only. The payment can be made online only. The following are the mode of payment –
- SBI E-challan
- Net Banking
- Debit card
- Credit card
GUJCET 2020 Admit Card
GUJCET admit card is released in the third week of April 2020. Candidates can download the admit card through official website. To download the admit card, candidates need to login by entering their login ID / password / date of birth / application number. On the day of the test, candidates must carry a hard copy of the GUJCET 2020 Admit card, 12th standard ID card or admit card and a valid ID proof.
Details on the GUJCET 2020 Admit Card
Hall ticket of GUJCET has the following details mentioned on it which makes it even more important and those are –
- Candidate’s name
- Date of Birth
- Roll Number
- Candidate’s photograph
- Candidate’s signature.
- Date and Time of Examination.
- Exam center.
- Seat code
- Seat number
GUJCET 2020 Result
GUJCET 2020 result is released in the form of scorecard. Result is prepared on the basis of the final answer key. Candidate can check and download the scorecard by using 6 digit seat number. The scorecard is not sent to the candidate’s postal address. The result is followed by the counselling process. Only qualifiers of the entrance exam are called for counselling.
GUJCET 2020 Merit List
In GUJCET Merit List, 60% weightage is given to marks obtained in 12th examination and 40% weightage is given to the marks obtained in the entrance exam. Only those candidates whose name is included in the GUJCET 2019 Merit List are eligible to sit in the counselling.
GUJCET 2020 Counselling
Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) conducts GUJCET counselling after the result is released. Only qualifiers of entrance examination are called for counselling. Candidate’s verification is done on that day. If any candidate is found ineligible then his / her candidature will be cancelled. Once the documents are verified and eligibility is checked, candidate is allotted a seat. Students are called in different schedules for counselling. It is advised to take the important documents on the day of counselling. The following is the list of documents that candidate shall have with them on counselling day –
- GUJCET 2019 Admit Card
- Recent Passport size photograph
- GUJCET 2019 Result/Scorecard
- Category Certificate(if applicable)
- 10+2 Marksheet and Certificate
- Class 10 Marksheet and Certificate
- Migration or Transfer Certificate
- Original government ID proof
Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB)
GSEB is an education board situated in Gujarat. It is responsible for conducting examinations, academics and perform research and development work. It conducts exams at state level. GSEB conducts Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSC) level examinations. Also, GSEB conducts Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET) for admissions in engineering, pharmacy and diploma courses from the colleges of Gujarat.
GUJCET 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : No, changes cannot take place in the application form of GUJCET 2020.
Ans : Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB) conducts Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET) every year at state level
Ans : Candidate who has passed 12th standard with minimum 45% of the aggregate marks is eligible to apply for GUJCET 2020
Ans : No, candidate cannot show the downloaded admit card on phone. Hard copy of admit card is compulsory to carry.
Ans : Admission will be given on the basis of the Merit List prepared by the 60% weightage of the marks obtained in 12th examination and 40% weightage is given to the marks obtained in the entrance exam.