GITAM University offers admission to M.Phil / PhD Programmes (full-time / part-time) for which the university will released the notification for the academic year 2019-20. Candidates seeking admission to M.Phil.(Science, Management) and Ph.D. (Engineering, Science, Pharmacy, Management ) in both Full Time and Part Time programmes in Gitam University. Candidates can check all the details of GITAM MPhil, PhD Admission 2019 from this page given below.
GITAM MPhil, PhD Admission 2019
Interested candidates can apply for admission into Research programmes offered by GITAM University when application form available officialy. The candidates must submit the application form before last date. Candidates have to submit separate applications for M.Phil./Ph.D. programmes.
Duration of Programmes
- M.Phil. (FT) programme shall be for a minimum of one year and a maximum of two years.
- M.Phil. (PT) programme shall be for a minimum of two years and a maximum of four years.
- Ph.D. (FT) programme shall be for a minimum of three year (two years for M.Phil. Degree holders) and a maximum of six years.
- Ph.D. (PT) programme shall be for a minimum of four years (three years for M.Phil. Degree holders) and a maximum of six years.
Candidates seeking admission into M.Phil. or Ph.D. programme can pursue research under Full-Time and Part-Time, subject to eligibility criteria as per last year details stipulated below:
Educational Qualification: The candidates should have secured at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade B in the UGC 7 – point scale/ or the point scale followed in the concerned Institutions. However, a relaxation of 5% marks or an equivalent grade is permitted for SC/ST/ Differently abled candidates.
Service requirement for Part-Time candidates
- Teachers working in PG Departments of recognized Universities and their affiliated Colleges with a minimum of one year of service.
- Teachers working in Degree or Professional colleges affiliated to recognized Universities with at least two years of service.
- Teachers working in recognized Junior Colleges with at least three and four years of service for admission to M.Phil. and Ph.D. programmes respectively.
- Executives / Administrators / Engineers / Scientists with at least three years of service in Govt. / Quasi Govt. / Judiciary / Public sector organizations / Public and private limited companies and other organizations approved by the BRS.
- Employees not covered in the above clauses with at least four years of service as approved by the BRS.
Area of Research
On the basis of last year record below we have provided some research area.
Faculty of Engineering: Ph.D. (Full-time / Part-time) – Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
Faculty of Science: M.Phil. (Full-time / Part-time), Ph.D. (Full-time / Part-time) – Applied Mathematics, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electronics, Environmental Science, Food Science Technology, Microbiology, Physics.
Faculty of Management Studies: M.Phil. (Full-time / Part-time), Ph.D. (Full-time / Part-time) – Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Marketing Management, Operations Management, Applied Psychology and Applied Philosophy.
Faculty of Pharmacy: Ph.D. (Full-time / Part-time) – Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Analysis & Quality Assurance, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry.
Official Website: www.gitam.edu.
For more details of GITAM University M.Phil. / Ph.D. Admission download previous year Information Brochure.
Insofar, Official details regarding GITAM MPhil, PhD Admission 2019 has not been released. Information on this page is as per the last year details. As soon as the conducting body release official notification the same will be updated here.