GITAM University offers admission to M.Phil / PhD Programmes (full-time / part-time) for the academic year 2018-19. Candidates seeking admission to M.Phil.(Science, Management) and Ph.D. (Engineering, Science, Pharmacy, Management ) in both Full Time and Part Time programmes in Gitam University. Candidates can check all the details of GITAM University GURCET 2018-2019 for M.Phil. / Ph.D. Admission from this page given below.
GITAM University GURCET 2018 – 19 for M.Phil. / Ph.D Admission
Interested candidates will apply for admission into Research programmes offered by GITAM University. Admission will be based on the marks secured in the Entrance test and Interview. The candidates are required to submit the application form for the same. Candidates will have to submit separate applications for M.Phil./Ph.D. programmes.
Duration of Programmes
- M.Phil. (FT) programme shall be for a minimum of one year and a maximum of two years.
- M.Phil. (PT) programme shall be for a minimum of two years and a maximum of four years.
- Ph.D. (FT) programme shall be for a minimum of three year (two years for M.Phil. Degree holders) and a maximum of six years.
- Ph.D. (PT) programme shall be for a minimum of four years (three years for M.Phil. Degree holders) and a maximum of six years.
Candidates seeking admission into M.Phil. or Ph.D. programme can pursue research under Full-Time and Part-Time, subject to eligibility criteria stipulated below:
Educational Qualification: The candidates should have secured at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade B in the UGC 7 – point scale/ or the point scale followed in the concerned Institutions. However, a relaxation of 5% marks or an equivalent grade is permitted for SC/ST/ Differently abled candidates.
Service requirement for Part-Time candidates
- Teachers working in PG Departments of recognized Universities and their affiliated Colleges with a minimum of one year of service.
- Teachers working in Degree or Professional colleges affiliated to recognized Universities with at least two years of service.
- Teachers working in recognized Junior Colleges with at least three and four years of service for admission to M.Phil. and Ph.D. programmes respectively.
- Executives / Administrators / Engineers / Scientists with at least three years of service in Govt. / Quasi Govt. / Judiciary / Public sector organizations / Public and private limited companies and other organizations approved by the BRS.
- Employees not covered in the above clauses with at least four years of service as approved by the BRS.
Entrance Test Details
- The Syllabus for the entrance test can be downloaded from www.gitam.edu
- The syllabus shall have 50% coverage on Research Methodology and 50% on the specific subject.
- The duration of the test is two hours.
- The test comprises of a combination of conventional & objective type questions.
- The maximum marks for the written Test are 160 (80 for Research Methodology and 80 for the specific subject).
- Candidates who secure 50% in the written test shall be eligible for interview.
- The interview is conducted for 40 Marks.
- The merit list for admission shall be prepared on the basis of marks obtained together in the Entrance test and interview.
Note – Candidates belonging to the following categories need not appear for the Entrance Test:
- Those who are qualified in UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF) / ICMR / GATE / GPAT / SLET / Teacher Fellowship and M.Phil. Degree holders
- Those serving a Project Fellows in the projects sanctioned by national funding agencies.
Area of Research
Faculty of Engineering: Ph.D. (Full-time / Part-time) – Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
Faculty of Science: M.Phil. (Full-time / Part-time), Ph.D. (Full-time / Part-time) – Applied Mathematics, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electronics, Environmental Science, Food Science Technology, Microbiology, Physics.
Faculty of Management Studies: M.Phil. (Full-time / Part-time), Ph.D. (Full-time / Part-time) – Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Marketing Management, Operations Management, Applied Psychology and Applied Philosophy.
Faculty of Pharmacy: Ph.D. (Full-time / Part-time) – Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Analysis & Quality Assurance, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry.
Official Website: www.gitam.edu.
For more details of GITAM University M.Phil. / Ph.D. Admission download 2017’s Information Brochure.
Insofar, official details of Gitam University GURCET for M.Phil. / Ph.D. admission 2018 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Gitam University releases Gitam University GURCET for M.Phil. / Ph.D. Admission 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.