Mahatma Hans Raj, the man in whose memory this college has been founded was a great nationalist at heart, besides being an educationist and a religious organizer. He was also an untiring relief worker and social reformer, organizing relief work during earthquakes at Kangra (1905), Quetta (1934), Bihar (1935), famines of Rajasthan (1905), Awadh (1907), and Garhwal (1918). He upheld widow remarriage and strongly advocated the abolition of early marriages and caste distinctions. By his efforts he turned Arya Samaj and DAV institutions into effective instruments of social upliftment and moral regeneration.
Hans Raj College Admission
Admission to B.A. / B.Sc.
Minimum percentage of marks required for admission to B.A./B.Sc. Programme is 40% of the aggregate at any of the examinations recognized by the University of Delhi.
Admission to B.A. (Hons.)/B.Com.(Hon.)/B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics
Minimum percentage of marks required for admission to B.A. (Hons.), B.Com. (Hons.) and B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics is 45% in the aggregate at any of the examinations recognized by the university of Delhi. However, for admission to B.Sc.(Hons.) Mathematics, the candidate should have passed in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 50% marks in Mathematics.
Admission to B.Sc. (Hons.)
Minimum percentage of marks required for admission to B.Sc. (Hons.) is 50% in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology for admission to Botany/Zoology (Hons.) and Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for admission to Physics/Chemistry/Electronics (Hons.) in any of the examinations recognized by the university of Delhi. The candidate should also have passed in all the subjects included in the aggregate.
Admission Cut Offs
- Click Here for Hans Raj College Admission 2014 Cut Offs
Candidates must provide the originals and self-attested / attested photocopies of the following documents :
- Class 10th Board Exam Certificate.
- Class 10th Mark-sheet.
- Class 12th Mark-sheet.
- Class 12th Provisional certificate/Original certificate.
- Character Certificate (Recent).
- OBC (non creamy layer) certificate in the name of the candidate.
- Transfer certificate from School/College as well as Migration certificate from Board/University are required from those sutdents who had passed senior secondary exam from outside Delhi.
- Two passport size photographs (unattested).