How to Check WBJEE 2018 Result? Is the most common question asked by the students. WBJEE 2018 Result has been announced today on the official website i.e. www.wbjeeb.in. Candidate appeared in WBJEE 2018 can check their result from the website. To check the result candidate has to provide application no, and Date of Birth. WBJEE 2018 result will hold candidate name, roll number, application number, General merit rank, and Pharmacy merit rank. Candidates are advised to download the result and take the printout of the same. Qualifying candidates will get admission to Engineering, Architecture, and Pharmacy courses in university/ colleges in the West Bengal. The admission to the mentioned courses will be done through counseling conducted by the board. WBJEE will release a separate notification regarding the e-counseling. Check the article for complete information of WBJEE 2018 Result.
WBJEE 2018 Result
WBJEE 2018 was conducted at 339 centres on April 22 for Paper-I and Paper-II. Approx 1.25 lakh students appeared for the exam. The qualifying candidate has to attend the e-counseling for admission. Check the important dates of WBJEE 2018.
|Commence of Exam:
Paper-II(Physics & Chemistry)
|22 Apr 2018|
|Release of Result||23 May 2018|
Result: Click here to check WBJEE 2018 Result.
Official Website: www.wbjeeb.in
How To Check WBJEE 2018 Result?
Candidates can check WBJEE 2018 result from the official website www.wbjeeb.in and www.wbjeeb.nic.in. Follow the steps mentioned below to check the result.
Step1: Navigate to the official website
- visit the website www.wbjeeb.in
- Click on WBJEE
- Click on Result WBJEEB – 2018
Step2: Check the WBJEE 2018 Result
- Enter your roll number
- Enter Date of birth
- Click on submit button
- WBJEE 2018 Result will open
- Take the print of the Result
Printed Particulars on the WBJEE 2018 Result
WBJEE 2018 Result will contain following printed particulars:
- Candidate Name
- Application Number
- Roll Number
- General Merit Rank
- Pharmacy Merit rank
- Date of Birth
- Marks obtained in Paper-I [Mathematics]
- Marks obtained in Paper-II [Physics & Chemistry]
How to Obtain Duplicate Rank Card?
A duplicate rank card shall not be generated at any stage after the e-counseling and admission of the candidate. So the candidate is advised to keep the rank card carefully for the future purpose.
In case the candidate need duplicate rank card after the e-counseling and admission process conducted by the board then they can apply to the board for the same but only till July 31, 2018. The candidate has to pay Rs.500 for the processing by a bank draft in the name of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board” payable at Kolkata.
WBJEE 2018 Merit List
Merit list is based on the marks scored in Paper-I and Paper-II. Candidate appeared in both paper will receive both GMR and PMR if scored above the cut off marks. Candidate appeared in paper-I will have PMR only if scored about cut off but if candidate appeared in Paper-1 only will not get any rank. Two merit rank list will be published by the board
- General Merit Rank [ GMR]
- Pharmacy Merit Rank [PMR]
General Merit Rank List
General Merit Rank is based on the total marks obtained in Paper-I and Paper-II. GMR list is used for admission in all Engineering /Technology /Architecture courses and Pharmacy courses offered in Jadavpur University. Ranking will be done in the descending order of total marks obtained in both subjects. Separate merit position for the reserved candidate will also be indicated for the respective category students e.g. SC Rank, ST rank, OBC-A rank, OBC-B rank, PwD rank, TFW rank. The category rank is only for sequencing the deserving candidate within the category.
Note: Counseling and admission will be based on the GMR only.
Pharmacy Merit Rank List
The score of Paper-II is considered for preparing the rank. PMR list is used for admission to all Pharmacy courses except in Jadavpur University. The ranking is done in the descending order of the total marks obtained in the paper-II. Separate merit position for the reserved candidate will also be indicated for the respective category students e.g. SC Rank, ST rank, OBC-A rank, OBC-B rank, PwD rank, TFW rank. The category rank is only for sequencing the deserving candidate within the category.
Note: Counseling and admission will be done on the basis of PMR only.
If two or more candidate scores same marks in the exam than in such condition tie-breaking criteria will be used to create the merit list. Check the Tie-Breaking method for GMR list and PMR list.
Tie-Breaking rule for GMR
- Candidate with less negative marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry
- Next option is the candidate with more positive marks in maths and physics
- If the tie still exists then more positive marks in maths and chemistry will be considered
- Thereafter less negative mark in math and physics will be considered together
- Candidate with less negative marks in maths and chemistry taken together
- Tie still exists then the more positive marks in maths for 2 marks question only
- Candidate with more positive marks in physics for 2 marks questions only
- Thereafter candidate with more positive marks in chemistry for only 2 marks questions
- Less negative marks in math for the 2 marks question
- Less negative marks in Physics for 2 marks question only.
Tie-breaking for PMR List
- Fewer negative marks in Physics & Chemistry
- Higher positive marks in Chemistry
- Less negative marks in Chemistry
- Candidate with higher marks in chemistry for 2 marks questions
- Candidate with less negative marks in chemistry for 2 marks questions only.
- More positive marks in Physics in 2 marks question only
- Fewer negative marks in Physics for 2 marks question.
If the Tie stills exist after applying the above methodology then the Tie will be broken by the Date of Birth. The candidate older in the age will be given the first preference.
Counseling/Seat allotment and Admission
The notification related to counseling/seat allotment and admission will be published on the official website i.e. www.wbjeeb.in and www.wbjeeb.nic.in after the release of the result. Only the candidate eligible for the e-counseling will be able to participate. The participating candidate credential will be verified at the reporting center. Institute and course wise seat availability will be published before e-counseling.
|OBC A PH||7|
|OBC B PH||6|
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.