UCEED is conducted for the admission for B.Des programme in IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, and IIITDM Jabalpur. To qualify for the Admission a proper preparation is required from the end of candidates. The preparation requires hard work and smart study at the same time. Every candidate has their own tactics and strategies for the preparation of the exam. Every topic for UCEED 2020 should be prepared according to exam pattern. Practice previous questions paper and focus on the topics related to UCEED 2020 exam.
How to Prepare for UCEED 2020
Candidates can prefer books for better preparations. You can also join some coaching institute that provides quality education and good faculty. Above all, candidates should have good knowledge of the exam syllabus and exam pattern. Check the exam pattern for UCEED 2020.
UCEED 2020 Exam Pattern
- Mode Of Examination: Computer-based Test
- Duration of Exam: 3 hour
- Mode of Paper: English
- Total Marks: 300
- Number of Section: 3 sections ( A, B, C)
|A||Numerical Answer Type||4 marks|
|B||Multiple Select Question||4 marks|
|C||Multiple Choice Question||3 marks|
- No negative marks for incorrect answer in Sections A and B.
- The loss of 1 mark (-1) will be awarded for each incorrect answer in Section C.
UCEED 2020 Syllabus:
Visualization and spatial ability
- Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test
- Understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
- Knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts
Observation and design sensitivity
Also you can apply for ATSE 2020 Scholarship Exam - Click Here
- Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them.
- Applying attention to specific details, analyzing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting.
- Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
Environmental and social awareness
- Common consciousness about environmental factors such as climate, population, water, pollution, weather, vegetation, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure, and environment.
- General knowledge of social and cultural tie-up with the design, history of the designed artifact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses.
- History of art, sculpture, and literature.
Analytical and logical reasoning
- Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information.
- Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria.
- Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and arguments support conclusions.
- Ability to use logic and structured thinking to conclude from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.
- Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.
Language and creativity
- 1. Ability to understand and use Standard English.
- Reading comprehension.
- Grip on English grammar, especially on sentence structure and usage, the use of tenses, verb patterns, articles, and active and passive constructions etc and vocabulary skills.
- Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.
Design thinking and problem solving
- Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs, and symbols.
- . Ability to understand complexity, identify problems, generate alternatives, evaluate the options and select solutions.
Preparation for UCEED 2020
In UCEED exam check the candidate observation skills, spatial ability (ability to deduce from the shapes), visual ability, sensitivity to design requirements and social and environmental awareness. No questions will be related to the drawing. Check some preparation strategies for the qualifying exam.
Tip 1: Observe surrounding:
We can find lots of new structure process happening around us. One such process can form the basic question for MCQ and MSQ in UCEED exam. Think about how you can solve those problems using different designs.
Tip 2: News:
Always be aware of the current news that is important with respect to society. It will also improve English comprehension. Also, be aware and have knowledge about the History of art, sculpture, and literature. News will be very much useful for Environmental and social awareness.
Tip 3: Visualization and Spatial Ability:
Candidates must have the ability to control 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional shapes. Aspirants should have good knowledge of shape combining, matching two-dimensional shapes, maps, mirror images, etc.
Some of the books recommended for the preparation of UCEED 2020:
- UCEED (B.Des) Entrance Books and Test Series by AFAINDIA
- UCEED Design Environment & Social Awareness In Design Perspective Combined With Mental & Verbal Aptitude by Srijan Shilpa
- NIFT/NID/IIFT Entrance Examination Guide by Surendra Kavimandan
- Cracking CEED & UCEED (with Previous Years’ Papers and Mock Tests) by Ashok Goel and Arjun Kamal
- NIFT/NID/IIFT Entrance Exam Guide by D Mittal
- Guide to NIFT/NID for Groups A, B and C by R.P. Datson
- NIFT Entrance Examination Preparation Course by Prashant Kumar