Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU) had released the notice to the candidates who want to take admission in UG/ PG/ Ph.D. Law Courses. There are overall total 102 seats available for the admission in UG/ PG courses with some reservation policies. HPNLU had conducted Himachal Pradesh National Law University Entrance Exam for the students in this regard. HPNLET 2018 Exam which was held on May 20, 2018, from 10:00 AM to 12:00 Noon. The exam will be conducted on the same day for all the courses but the exam pattern and questions will be different. Interested candidates are advised to first check the eligibility criteria and then they can apply for HPNLET 2018 Exam. You can check the Seat Intakes, Eligibility Criteria, Application Process, Exam Pattern, Admit Card, Result etc by scrolling down this page.
HPNLET 2018 Exam
The whole process had been started from January 22, 2018, as the release of the forms and it had ended on June 02, 2018 when the result will be announced. So for more details, applicants are advised to check the important dates of HPNLET 2018 Exam from the table given below:
|HPNLET 2018||Important Dates|
|Commencement of Application Form||22 Jan 2018|
|The Last Date to fill the Form|
|Availability of Admit Card||27 Apr 2018|
|HPNLET 2018 Exam Date||20 May 2018|
|Declaration of Result||02 Jun 2018|
|First Cut Off List||13 Jun 2018|
|Admission date||03 & 04 Jul 2018|
|Second Cut Off List||05 Jul 2018|
|Admission date||10 & 11 Jul 2018|
|Third Cut Off list||12 Jul 2018|
|Admission date||16 & 17 Jul 2018|
|Required Fees to be paid on||13 Jul 2018|
HPNLET 2018 Cut Off List
The category wise cut off list of BA/BBA LLB HPNLET-2018 for the candidates who are called for the admission to Himachal Pradesh National law University, Shimla, is given below. The cut-offs are available for All India Seats and Himachal Seats.
- Click here to check details of HPNLET 2018 4th cutoff List for B.A/B.B.A LL.B. admission.
- Click here to check details of HPNLET 2018 2nd cutoff List for LL.M. admission.
- Click here to check details of HPNLET 2018 1st cutoff List for LL.M. admission.
- Click here to check details of HPNLET 2018 3rd Cut Off List for LL.B admission.
- Click here to check details of HPNLET 2018 2nd Cut Off List for LL.B admission.
- Click here to check details of HPNLET 2018 1st Cut Off List for LL.B admission.
HPNLET 2018 Answer Key
After the exam which was held on May 20, 2018. HPNLET 2018 Answer Key is released. Candidates can view or download PDF format. Answer key for various programmes like Ph.D, LL.M, B.A, BBA, LL.B Answer Key is available along with the format for Submission of Grievances relating to answer key of HPNLET-2018 which was held on May 20, 2018. Candidates can check from the link given below.
- Click Here to check the Corrigendum Final Answer Key HPNLET-2018
- Click here to check the revised answer key for B.A/BBA LL.B. & LL.M.
- Click Here to check the answer key for Ph.D.
- Click Here to check the answer key for LL.M
- Click Here to check the answer key for B.A/BBA LL.B.
- Click Here to check the notification of answer key HPNLET-2018.
- Click Here to check the format for submission of Grievances relating to answer key of HPNLET-2018.
HPNLET 2018 Exam: Application Form
HPNLET 2018 Application Forms which was filled in online mode only. The candidates will have to fill the form entering the necessary details which will be mentioned on it. Then you will have to pay the prescribed application fee. For more details, you can check the points given below:
Application Fee: The candidates will have to pay the application fee on the basis of their categories such as:
|General/ KM/ Foreign Nationals/ Wards of Serving / Retired Defence personnel/ Women||Rs. 3000 /-|
|SC/ST/PWD||Rs. 2500 /-|
Mode of payment: The candidates will only be allowed to pay the application fee in online mode only. So you will be av\ble to make the payment by using Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking.
How to Apply?
The candidates can check the process to fill the Application Form along with all the necessary instructions from below:
- Visit the Official Website.
- Then enter the details to be registered on the site and confirm the registration.
- Now enter the login details and choose HPNLU from the list of the colleges from “Application Locker”.
- After that, choose your Application Form and then click on the “Apply” button.
- Now fill all the necessary details and save the details by submitting it.
- At last, make the payment of the requisite application fee.
- Now your application process will be over.
HPNLET 2018 Exam: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are different for the different courses. You can check it from the points given below:
B.A. / B.B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) Five Year Integrated Course: To get admission in this course, you will have to pass 10+2 or equivalent course with the minimum aggregate for the candidates belonging to:
- Unreserved/ OBC/ Specially Abled Person (SAP)/ NRI/ NRI Sponsored Categories/ Kashmiri Migrants must have at least 50% marks.
- SC/ ST Category must have minimum 45% marks.
- The candidates are also eligible who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/ April 2018.
- Those candidates are not eligible who have done 10+2 through Open School/ Universities system directly without having any basic qualification.
One Year LL.M. Course: Those who want to study in this course must have done LL.B. ( 3 Years/ 5 Years) or equivalent course such as:
- Candidates belonging to Unreserved/OBC/SAP categories must have at least 55% marks.
- SC/ST Category Candidates must have minimum 50% marks.
- Those who are appearing in the qualifying examination in April/ May 2018, are also eligible.
Ph. D. Programme: The candidates must have LL.M. or equivalent degree such as:
- Minimum 55% marks.
- The candidates can also apply who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/ April 2018.
HPNLET 2018 Exam: Admit Card
HPNLET 2018 Admit Card will be released in online mode only on the official website hpnlu.ac.in. You will be able to download the admit card by entering the credential such as Application Number and Date of Birth. After downloading the admit card, you must check all the details of it. If it is having all the correct details then take the printout of it for the future use. You must carry HPNLET 2018 Admit Card while you are going to appear for the exam. You will be allowed to give the exam only if you will have the Admit Card.
HPNLET 2018 Exam Pattern
For each course (UG/ PG/ Ph.D.), the exam pattern is different. You will be given 2 Hours to complete the exam. You can check it from below:
B.A. / B.B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) 5 Years Course: This paper will contain the Multiple Choice questions. For detailed exam pattern, you can check the table given below:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Legal Awareness & Reasoning||40||40|
One Year LL.M. Course: There will be Multiple Choice Questions along with the Essay Question. exam pattern is as below:
|Topics||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Law of Contract|
|Law of Torts|
|Public International Law|
|Intellectual Property Right Law|
|Contemporary Legal Issues||01 Essay Question||30|
Ph. D. Programme: In this exam, there will be two papers such as Paper-I and Paper-II. It will contain Multiple Choice Questions as well as One Essay Type Question. You can check the details such as:
|Paper||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Paper I||Legal Research Methodology||50||100|
|Paper II||Topic related to Law and Social
|01 Essay Type Question||50|
HPNLET 2018 Exam Syllabus
HPNLET 2018 Syllabus will contain the questions from the topis as we have specified above in the exam pattern. The syllabus will differ for the various courses’ exams. It will have the questions from some of the basic subjects such as English, Mathematics, Reasoning, Some questions from the Law field, and some form the Research and Social Issues. The topics will be varied for the papers. For the better preparation, you must have the idea of the detailed syllabus which you can check by clicking on the link given on this page above.
HPNLET 2018 Result/ Merit List
After the commencement of the exam, HPNLU has released the result. It was released online on the official website hpnlu.ac.in. Candidates are able to check the result in the pdf format. The result for the different course are released separately. HPNLET 2018 Result will contain Name of the Course, Roll Number, Student’s Name, Category, State, Total Obtained Marks and the Rank of the candidates.
The result will be declared, you will be able to check the Merit List on the official website. The merit list will be released for the different category separately. The candidates will be able to check it as the merit list for General/ SC/ HP State/ J&K Merit List. It will have the Name of the Course, Roll Number, Student’s Name, Category, State, Total Obtained Marks and the Rank.
HPNLET 2018 Fees
The students of B.A/B.B.A, LL.B (II & III Year) of Academic Session 2018 – 19 are required to pay fees by July 13, 2018 either in the form of Bank Draft in favour of “Register HPNLU, at UCO Bank Halog Dhami” or NEFT/RTGS to
Account: Registrar H.P. National Law University,
Branch: Halog, Dhami
Account No: 14100110046586
IFSC Code: UCBA0001410
|Year||Year of Admission||Anual Fee ( Tuition fee+Other+Examination fee)|
|III||2016 – 17||1.95.500/-|
|II||2017 – 18||1.90.500/-|
HPNLET 2018 Seats
The candidates can check the distribution of seas for each course such as:
For Under Graduate Programmes: There are total 60 seats available for BA/BBA LL. B (Hon.). There are 02 seats for Kashmiri Migrants and 10 seats for Non-Resident Indians or the Person Sponsored by them.
For One-year LL.M. Course & Ph. D. Programme: The students who want to take admission in one of PG courses must know that there are total 20 seats for LL.M. Programme and 10 for Ph.D. 5 seats will be reserved for women of LL.M. Programme.
Reservation of Seats
For each course, some seats will be reserved. You can check the reserved seats such as:
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|Wards of Serving/Retired Defence Personnel||15%|
Official Website: hpnlu.ac.in