The Himachal Pradesh University Institute of Legal Studies has designed the law course in the light of Bar Council of India guidelines. The purpose of such integrated course is to offer intensive and extensive Instructions of legal education so as to provide a versatile human resource. The Institute is committed to preparing the students to perform better especially in the field of the legal profession. So, the candidates who are interested in HPU BA LLB admission may apply online. The application form for the same will be available on the official website of Himachal Pradesh University in online mode. For more details about HPU B.A. LLB (Hons.) Admissions 2020, go through the article.
HPU B.A. LLB (Hons.) Admissions 2020
The candidates who wish to get admission in B.A. LLB (Hons.) Programme at Himachal Pradesh Univesity will have to submit the online application on time. The schedule for the HPU B.A. LLB (Hons.) Admissions 2020 is stated below. Candidates may check the various timelines from below as per last year.
|Last date for submission of Online Application Form||First week of Jun 2020|
|Last date for correction/Updating of online application form||First week of Jun 2020|
|Date of Interview/Counseling||Second week of Jun 2020|
|Merit List to be displayed on||Third week of Jun 2020|
|Last date to submit Fee and Other Charges||Third week of Jun 2020|
|Last date of admission against the vacant/Vacated Seat (if any)||Last week of Jul 2020|
The application form for HPU B.A. LLB (Hons.) Admissions 2020 will be available on the official website of the University. The application form will be available in the online mode. Before filling up the online application form candidates kindly ensure that they fulfill the eligibility norms.
Eligibility Criteria For The Admission
The Eligibility Criteria for the admission in B.A. LLB (Hons.) Programme is as follows (as per last year).
|Category||Minimum Marks in 10+2||Age Limit as on 1st July 2020|
|Physically Disabled||50% (Gen), 45% (SC/ST)||25 (Gen)*, 27 (SC/ST)*|
* The Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor shall have the power to relax the age condition up to a maximum period of 6 months.
Note: The applicant who have obtained 10+2 through Open Universities System directly without having any basic qualification such students are not eligible for admission in the Law Courses as per the decision of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in Annamalai University Vs. Secretary to Government, Information and Tourism Department, (2009) 4 SCC 590.
Duration & Scheme of Course
Duration of the course shall be five years. It shall have 60 papers spread over ten semesters. Each paper carries 100 marks, out of which 70 marks are assigned for End Semester Exam and the remaining 30 marks will be assessed on the basis of Continuous Internal Assessment. The components for Continuous Internal Assessment for Core/Elective Courses are:
|For Law Courses||Marks||For Social Science Courses||Marks|
|Minor Test||10||Minor Test||10|
|Moot Court||10||Project/Written Assignment||10|
Admission to the course shall be made strictly on academic merit, based on the marks obtained in 10+2 or an equivalent examination.
The list of the merit to this course shall be prepared by University Institute of Legal Studies, H.P.University, Ava-Lodge Campus, Chaura-Maidan, Shimla after conducting the interview and final list of Merit shall be displayed on the Notice Board of the Himachal Pradesh University Institute of Legal Studies.
Criteria For Resolving Tie
The following formulae shall be adopted to resolve a tie for admission:
- In case of a tie, the candidate having higher aggregate marks in matriculation examination shall be admitted first.
- Further, if the tie is still not resolved the candidate older in age shall be admitted first.
Intake and Reservation Criteria
The reservation for admission to this course shall be as under:
- 75% seats shall be reserved for those candidates who are Himachal Pradesh Domicile. The remaining 25% of seats shall be open for all.
- 15% seats shall be reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes of Himachal- Pradesh.
- 7.5% seats shall be reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes of the State of Himachal Pradesh.
- 5% seats shall be reserved for person with disability of Himachal Pradesh with 40% disability to be certified by the competent authority
- Two seats shall be reserved for Single Girl Child candidate
- Two seats shall be reserved for J&K Migrants.
- Three seats shall be reserved under non subsidized category for University Wards as notified vide Notification no.5-1/88- HPU (Genl)-Part-5 Dated 28th August 2012
The number of Seats and Distribution thereof:
Total Number of Seats: 120
Number of Subsidized Seats: 75*
Number of Non- Subsidized Seats: 45**
* Two Seats reserved for Single Girl Child & Two seats are reserved for J&K Migrants.
** Three seats reserved for Himachal Pradesh University Wards
The give fee structure is based on the last year.
Official Website: admissions.hpushimla.in
For complete information about HPU B.A. LLB (Hons.) Admissions 2020 – Download Prospectus 2019.