Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) will released the application form for M.Tech.(CS) on the official webiste. Only eligible candidates will be able to apply for for HPU M.Tech admission 2020. The entrance examination of HPU M.Tech 2020 will be held on the month of June 2020. Students will be able to apply online through the official website and the registration details are given below in this article.
HPU MTech (CS) Admission 2020
Interested candidates will have to fill the application form and had submitted it before last date. The admission will be done on the basis of merit in the entrance test. The applicants are advised to go through the guidelines thoroughly before filling up the application form.
Duration of Course – Two years full-time post-graduation course spread over four semesters.
Schedule of the HPU MTech Admission 2020 is given below
|Last date for the receipt of application forms||Third week of May 2020|
|Admit Card||Second week of Jun 2020|
|Date of Entrance Test||Third week of Jun 2020|
|Date of Declaration of Result||Second week of Jul 2020|
|Counselling||Second week of Jul 2020|
The candidate may fulfill any one of these criteria to be eligible for the HPU M.Tech examination:
- Candidates, who have passed their Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST category).
- Equivalent Grades(50%) in the following subjects: Mathematics/ Physics/ Electronics/ Computer Application (MCA)/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ 4-years Bachelor’s degree in Engineering /Technology.
- Any examination of foreign university,which is recognized as same or equivalent by the committee of H. P. University or on the recommendation of Association of Indian Universities with minimum marks being 55% (50% marks for SC/ST).
HPU MTech (CS) Application Form 2020
HPU M.Tech CS 2020 Application Form will be available online. Candidates who wanted to apply in this course in Himachal Pradesh University had to apply on or before last date. Before filling the application form, candidates must ensure his / her eligibility.
To fill the application form of the entrance examination HPU M.Tech 2020, Candidates need to follow certain protocols which are given as follows:
- Candidate should upload a recent scanned coloured photograph of maximum size 100 KB.
- He should then upload a Scanned copy of signature with black/blue pen only.
- It is also required to upload the scanned copy of candidate’s Father/Mother signature.
- Candidate shall fill the personal details which are required in the form.
- He should then Upload the documents.
- All necessary fields will be marked with red star.
- After filling all the required details candidate should save the information by clicking on the SAVE button at the last of the page.
- A unique registration number will be generated.Kindly, note down the registration number for future references.
- After filing the form, candidate needs to pay the application fees through online payment or by using Challan mode.
Fee payment can be made through either online mode or by using challan. Fees for filing the entrance examination for different categories is given as below as per last year.
M.Tech Entrance Exam Fee
- Rs.1000/- for general category and
- Rs.500/- for SC/ST/IRDP/Antodaya category.
The Entrance Test for admission to the M. Tech. course shall be held at H.P. University Campus, Summer Hill, Shimla
Instruction Regarding Admit Card
If a candidate fails to receive the roll number five days prior to the holding of the entrance test, he/she himself/ herself should enquire from the Department of Computer Science about his/ her eligibility etc. LATEST BY FOUR DAYS BEFORE THE COMMECEMENT OF THE TEST. No enquiry shall be entertained after this period.
This roll number is only provisional and does not ensure admission/ eligibility in the M. Tech (CS) course..
The candidate is required to confirm his / her result from the department, if he / she is unable to locate the result from the department’s website.
In the absence of requisite postal stamps on the self addressed envelop, the admit card shall not be sent to the candidate. Answers must be marked in blue/ black pen with blue/ black ink. Ink of any other color is not permitted HPU MTech (CS) Admission 2020.
The entrance test had contained 200 MCQ type questions. One mark will be awarded for each question. There will be the following 4 sections for the examination. The admission to M. Tech. (Computer Science) will be through the merit of an entrance test of duration 3 hours to be conducted by H.P. University, Shimla. The entrance test shall be of 200 MCQ type questions of one mark each, comprising of the following components:
|B||Mathematics of Graduation level||40|
|C||English and General Awareness||20|
HPU MTech (CS) Admit card 2020
The candidates who will submit their application form before or on the last date are able to download their admit card for the entrance exam. The Admit Card consist of important information like roll no., center address, timings, and important instructions etc. Candidates can download their admit card from official website or from the direct link will be provided here.
HPU MTech (CS) Result 2020
Candidates who are going to appear in the entrance exam will be able to check their result on the official website. Direct link to check the HPU MTech (CS) Result 2020 will be available on the “Result” page available in the quick links section.
HPU MTech (CS) Counselling 2020
The counseling shall be held in the Department of Computer Science in the H.P. University, Shimla for admission to the M. Tech. (Computer Science) course. The candidate has to attend the counseling in person along with all the original testimonials. The candidates shall be called for Counseling / Admissions in order of merit in the ratio 1:3 i.e. three times the number of available seats. The result of the entrance examination and list of candidates called for interview will be available on the website of the department. No Separate counseling letter will be issued /sent to the candidates.
Documents to be submitted
The candidate has to submit duly attested copies of the following certificates at the time of attending the counselling:
- Proof of Age (Matriculation / Xth class certificate)
- 10+2 certificate
- B. A. / B.Sc . / B.E. / B. Tech. / MCA / M. Sc. or equivalent certificate
- Category certificate i.e. SC / ST / IRDP / Antodaya, if applicable
- Single girl child affidavit, if applicable
- Certificates supporting In-service candidature, if applicable.
- An affidavit in which the candidate states that he / she is not doing any govt / private job.
Resolving a Tie
The following Formulae shall be adopted to resolve a tie for Admission
In case of a tie in marks scored in the entrance test, the candidate securing higher %age of marks in the qualifying exam shall be admitted first.
Even if the tie is still not resolved, the candidate having higher aggregate marks in any two of the following (in which his marks are higher) shall be admitted first: Matriculation / Hr. Sec. Part-I / Hr.Sec.Part-II / Prep / Pre-Med / Pre-Engineering / Intermediate / any other equivalent examination.
Further, if the tie is still not resolved, the candidate younger in age shall be admitted first.
Selection Process consists of :
- Entrance Exam
Candidates shortlisted after the application process will have to appear in the entrance test. After the entrance test merit will be based. On the basis of the merit candidates will be called for counselling.
The candidates who have qualified GATE / NET / SLET in Computer Science or Engineering will be given 20% extra of the marks obtained in the entrance test for calculating the merit for the purpose of admission.
Minimum pass marks in the entrance test shall be 35% i.e. 70 marks out of a total of 200.
Official Website: www.admissions.hpushimla.in
For more details of HPU MTech (CS) Admission 2020 – Download Information Brochure 2019.