HPU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Entrance Exam 2020 – Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) conducts an entrance exam for admission in Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2020 every year at the university level. To apply, candidates have to fill an application form through the official website, hpuniv.ac.in The entrance test is held online in which candidates have to solve 150 multiple choice questions of one mark each in 120 minutes. Candidate must be female and should have passed 10+2 to be eligible for the exam. Scroll down to check in detail about the eligibility criteria, application and selection process, exam pattern and so on from this page.
HPU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Entrance Test 2020
Qualifiers of the entrance test are given admission in the course of Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing in the colleges of HPU. Candidates can check the schedule for the HPU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2020 from the table given below.
|HPU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2020||Dates|
|Schedule for filling up online Application Form with final transaction of fee||3rd week of Jul 2020|
|Date of uploading of Admit Cards||2nd week of Aug 2020|
|Date of Entrance Test||3rd week of Aug 2020|
|Dates for displaying the Key Answers and receiving objections from the candidates||4th week of Aug 2020|
|Date of declaration of result||1st week of Sep 2020|
|Date of issuance of merit list (Tentative )||2nd week of Sep 2020|
|Date of 1st Round of Counselling at H.P. University||To be notified with the Merit List|
|Date for joining the allotted college & course||To be intimated on the admission letter during the counseling|
|Date of 2nd round of counseling at H.P. Universit||To be notified separately during the 1st round of counseling|
|Date of joining the allotted college & course||To be intimated on the admission letter during the counseling|
|Commencement of Academic Session||Oct 2020|
|Last date upto which the candidates can be admitted against vacancies arising due to any reason.||4th week of Oct 2020|
HPU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the scheme of the examination from the below-mentioned points.
- Duration: The exam is of two hour (120 minutes) duration.
- Mode of examination: It is conducted in offline mode.
- Medium of question paper: The question paper comes in English mode only.
- Number of questions: There are a total number of 150 questions.
- Type of questions: The exam consist of multiple choice questions.
Candidates can check the distribution of marks and questions as per the sections from the below-mentioned table.
No. of Questions
Fundamentals of Nursing
Midwifery & Gynaecology
Community Health Nursing
Anatomy & Physiology
Total questions and marks
Marking Scheme: Candidate is given one (1) mark for every correct answer and there is no negative marking for incorrect answers. Hence, candidates are suggested to solve every question.
HPU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility standard required for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing from the below-mentioned points.
- Qualification: Candidate must have qualified 10+2 or any equivalent examination from the recognized board with at least 45% aggregate marks and 35% is the minimum for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- Marks: Candidate must have secured at least 50% marks in General Nursing & Midwifery.
- Registration: Candidate must have registered as a Nurse/Midwife (RN/RM) with the state of Himachal Pradesh Nurses Registration Council, Shimla at the time of counseling.
Eligibility for In-Service Quota Seats:
- In-service quota seats are to be filled by the in-service regularly appointed Nursing Cadre candidates of Govt. of H.P.
- The candidates must have completed at least five (5) years of service on the last date of submission of application form.
- Candidate should not have attained maximum 50 years of age as on 31st December, 2020.
Eligibility for Direct Quota Seats: The direct seats are for the candidate who belongs from any of the below-mentioned category.
- The Bonafide Himachali/Domicile candidates/Children of H.P. Govt. employees and employees of Autonomous Bodies wholly or partially financed by the Himachal Pradesh Government, who have done their GNM course from GNM Schools/Institutions anywhere in India duly recognized by the Indian Nursing Council/H.P. State Nurses Registration Council or,
- Candidate must be GNM trained from the recognized Govt./Private GNM Schools/Institutions situated in the State of Himachal Pradesh.
- The age of the candidate should be between 17 to 35 years as on 31 December, 2020.
HPU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020 Application Form
Candidates have to fill the application form through the online through the official website to apply for the exam. In the application form, candidates have to fill the personal details, academic qualification, affix photo and signature and make the payment of the application fee. Candidate must have an email id and phone number before applying for the exam as HPU communicates via mail or SMS once the application form is filled.
Application Fee: The application fee amount is non-refundable. It is important to make the payment of the fee at the time of filling the application form. The expected application fee for HPU Post Basic B.sc nursing is
- For General/OBC/PH/EWS Categories: Rs. 2000/-
- For SC/ST Categories: Rs. 1000/-
HPU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2020 Image Specifications
Candidate shall attach the scanned items in the prescribed manner.
- The photo must be passport size.
- It should be a recent colored photograph.
- Candidate’s face must be clear in the photo and there must be no shadow in the photo.
- Candidate must sign with black ink on a white paper and get the signature scanned.
- The signature should be of the candidate and not of any other person.
- File name should be of 10 characters maximum.
- The photo and signature format should be .jpg or .jpeg only.
Details to Enter in the HPU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2020 Application Form
The following are the details that have to be filled by the candidate in the application form.
- Candidate’s name
- Parent’s/Guardian’s name
- Date of Birth
- Domicile Status
- Aadhar No.
- Mobile No.
- Group/Quota Applied For
- Percentage of Marks in 10+2 or its equivalent examination
- Are you Child of H.P. Govt. Employees/Employees of Autonomous Bodies wholly or partially financed by the Govt. of HP.
- Are you registered with H.P. State Nurses Registration Council as Nurse/ Midwife
- Whether your GNM Institution is located in H.P.
- Have you passed or Appeared in GNM Course
- Percentage of Marks in GNM
- Status of service in Govt. of H.P.
- Have you completed minimum 5 years service in Govt. of H.P. as on 26.06.2019.
- Examination Centre
- Permanent Address
- Correspondence Address
- High School Mark Sheet No.
- Detail of Form Fee
- Academic Qualification
HPU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020 Admit Card
The admit card releases on the official website. Candidates can download it using their user ID and password which gets generated at the time of filling the application form. The hardcopy of the admit card is to be carried by the candidates to the exam hall in the examination day. It carries candidate’s details, exam centre information and date and time of the exam.
HPU Post Basic BSc Nursing 2019 Answer Key
HPU releases the answer key after the exam is conducted. Answer key contains the correct answers to the questions that were asked in the exam. It is released on the official website in the pdf format. With the help of the answer key, the candidate can calculate their raw score and estimate their chances of qualifying the exam. If a candidate is not satisfied with any of the answer given in the key then she can raise the challenge with documentary proof to the Assistant Registrar H.P. University, Shimla in person or through Fax within a stipulated time.
HPU Post Basic BSc Nursing 2019 Result
The result of all candidates appeared in the entrance test has been declared and the same will be uploaded on the University website www.hpuniv.ac.in. No detail marks cards are sent to the candidates. The candidates may see their marks on the University website. There will be a procedure to resolve the tie for admission is mentioned below.
If two or more candidates obtain equal aggregate marks in the Post -Basic B.Sc. The nursing entrance test, then their inter-se merit for admission to the course shall be determined based on marks obtained by the candidates in order of Subject-wise Sections of the entrance test i.e.
- Fundamentals of Nursing,
- Medical surgical Nursing,
- Psychiatric Nursing,
- Pediatrics Nursing,
- Midwifery & Gynecology and
- Community Health Nursing.
HPU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2020 Cut Off
Candidates can check the minimum marks required for selection from the below-mentioned table.
General category candidates
Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ OBC
General-Physical Handicapped categories candidates.
HPU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2020 Counselling
Candidates whose names are there in the merit list are called for the counselling round. It is conducted by a committee constituted by the Director of Medical Education and Research. No separate letter is sent to the candidates in regard to the invitation for counselling. Candidates have to check the merit list and make themselves present for counselling as per the schedule. Candidates have to fill the Counselling-cum-Admission form to appear for counselling. The final selection of the candidate is subject to verification and fulfilment of the eligibility criteria.
Documents to Carry on the Day of HPU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing 2020 Counselling
Candidate should carry the original and photocopies of the following documents on the counselling day.
- Matriculation certificate.
- Certificate of having passed the qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 or its equivalent examination along with details of marks in each subject.
- General Nursing and Midwifery Diploma.
- Registration Certificate from H.P. State Nurses Registration Council, Shimla.
- Domicile Certificate
- Certificate of being children of H.P. Govt. Employees and Employees of Autonomous Bodies wholly or partially financed by the Himachal Pradesh
Government as per provision of Prospectus issued by the competent authority.
- Certificates of claiming Reservation under particular reserved category issued by the competent authority.
- Service certificate-cum-NOC for in-service candidates only.
- Affidavit on the paper in original.
About Himachal Pradesh University
Himachal Pradesh University is located at the Summer Hill which is 5 km away from the main town of Shimla. It was founded on July 22, 1970. The university is recognized by UGC for Excellence in Himalayan Studies. It is the first university in India to start distance education in India. The university conducts an entrance exam for admitting candidates in its Post Basic B.Sc nursing course.
For More Detail Regarding HPU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2020, candidates can check the last year information brochure –Download Prospectus.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.