HSEE 2020 – Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, has declared the HSEE 2020 Result at hsee.iitm.ac.in. HSEE 2020 exam was held on September 09, 2020. The examination is conducted for the students who want to take admission to the 5-year Integrated MA program. The test consists of two parts. Part A consists of multiple-choice questions whereas, Part B consists of subjective questions. The candidates need to score minimum 60% marks (55% in case of SC / ST / PwD) in HSEE 2020 for qualifying HSEE 2020. Scroll down to know more about HSEE 2020 such as exam pattern, syllabus, important books etc.
– HSEE 2020 Result is available now. Click here to check it.
– Revised Scores for Entering the Rank List has been released for HSEE 2020. Scroll down to check the details.
– HSEE has opened the facility to upload GEN-EWS/OBC-NCL Certificate. Click here to upload.
– HSEE has rescheduled the Last day for upload GEN-EWS/OBC-NCL certificate is September 29, 2020. Candidates can make a login and do the same.
HSEE is a held at national level to fill 52 M.A seats. The admission is sought in courses like Integrated M.A. in Development Studies and Integrated M.A. in English Studies. Have a look at the table given below to know about the important dates of HSEE 2020.
|HSEE 2020||Important dates|
|HSEE 2020 Registration starts||11 Dec 2019|
|Last date to submit HSEE 2020 application by paying fee online||22 Jan 2020|
|Last date to submit application form by paying fee challan||23 Jan 2020|
|HSEE 2020 Application Status check from||17 Feb to 6 Mar 2020|
|Last date for OBC-NCL candidates to upload online a scanned |
copy of the OBC-NCL-Undertaking
|13 May 2020|
|HSEE 2020 Admit Card download|
01 – 09 Sep 2020
|Availability of Mock Test link||Active|
|HSEE 2020 Exam date|
09 Sep 2020
|HSEE 2020 Result declaration|
|HSEE 2020 Offer Letter issue|
HSEE 2020 Latest Update
HSEE 2020 New Exam Date – Announced!
HSEE 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination 2020 admit card from hsee.iitm.ac.in. For downloading HSEE 2020 admit card, candidates need to enter the details user id / e-mail id and password. It is a notworthy document that is carried to the examination centre because it acts as an entry ticket which is used for the verification purpose.
HSEE hall ticket consists of the important details like:
- name and address of the candidates
- date of birth
- exam time
- address with proper name of the exam centre
Note: Make sure to preserve the admit card till the end of the admission process. Also, contact the concerned authorities as soon as possible if there is any error in HSEE 2020 admit card.
HSEE 2020 Exam Pattern
Check the exam pattern given below for HSEE 2020.
- Parts: There are 2 parts in HSEE; Part I and Part II
- Duration: The exam is of 3 hours, candidates get 2 hours and 30 minutes to attempt Part I and 30 minutes for Part 2. (Candidates with more than 40% disability physical disability gets 1 hour extra.)
- Language: The question paper of HSEE is only provided in the English language.
Check the topics from which questions will be framed given below.
|1||-English and comprehension skills|
-Analytical and quantitative ability
-General studies covering Indian economy
– Indian society and culture, world affairs
– Environment and ecology
|2||Essay writing on general topics|
HSEE 2020 Syllabus
HSEE 2020 has two parts: Part I and Part II. The syllabus according to the different parts is given below.
English and Comprehension skill : This section tests the candidate’s ability to understand and use standard English, and to appreciate literary language. Questions are related to the following areas:
- Reading skills: In this section, comprehension skills of the candidates are tested.
- Grammar: In this section, the candidate’s knowledge of grammar such as sentence structure, uses of tense, articles, verb patterns, active and passive constructions are judged.
- Vocabulary: In this section, vocabulary, ability to understand meaning, structure and collocation of words of the candidates are tested.
Analytical and Quantitative Ability:
This section tests the analytical skills and quantitative abilities of the candidates. Questions in this sections are asked from the topics like:
- Highest Common Factor
- Lowest Common Factor
- Basic Statistics
- Work and Time
- Ration and Proportion
- Simple and Compund Interest
- Age Sums
- Linear Equations
- Elementary Trogonometry
- Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
General Studies : This section includes the following topics
- Indian Economy
- Indian Society and Culture
- World Affairs
- Environment and Ecology
In this section, essay type questions are asked. The questions are generally asked from General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
Tip to solve the essay type questions: The essay must have some argument, have a clear perspective and must have examples to explain the situation wherever possible.
HSEE 2020 Important Books
Check the important books given here for the preparation of HSEE 2020.
|Word Power Made Easy||Buy Here|
|Wren & Martin High School English Grammar and Composition Book||Buy Here|
|Indian Economic Development Textbook for Class – 11||Buy Here|
|Introductory Macroeconomics and Indian Economic Development Class 12 CBSE||Buy Here|
|Yuva Current affairs yearly (Budget 2020-21)||Buy Here|
|Current Affairs Yearly 2020||Buy Here|
HSEE 2020 Preparation Tips
Check some of the preparation tips given below for HSEE 2020.
- Check the syllabus carefully and prepare accordingly. Make sure you read about the sub-sections of the syllabus too.
- To prepare for English section, go through standard grammar books and vocabulary. Also, focus on your reading skills.
- For Maths section practice some 10th and 12th level mathematics.
- For Economics, purchase some magazine economic review for last year and Economic books of class 9th and 10th.
- Stay updated with all the important Events going around. Read newspapers on a daily basis.
- For PART II Practice essay writing on various topics Improve your writing skills and speed.
- Prepare and practice from different resources available including books and Online information resources.
- Revision is the most important aspect in preparing for any examination. Don’t forget to revise the topics you have studied and prepared for. Keep revising important topics.
HSEE 2020 Exam Centers
The test is going to take place in the following given test cities.
HSEE 2020 Admission Mode and Intake
Admission in any master’s programmes is based on the marks obtained by the candidates in HSEE 2020. The seat is allotted according to the academic performance of the candidates during the first theree semesters, prefernces of the students as well as total number of seats available under a particular discipline.
Check the seat intake of HSEE 2020 given below.
- The programme has total 52 seats.
- Each stream has 26 seats.
HSEE 2020 Result
Result for Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination is announced by IIT Madras at hsee.iitm.ac.in. Candidates can view their results by entering the registered e-mail id / login id and password. HSEE result is announced in the form of a rank list. The revised scores for entering the rank list of HSEE-2020 are shown below and has been approved by the competent authority.
Revised Scores for Entering the Rank List
|GEN-EWS and OBC-NCL||40.5%|
|SC and ST||22.5%|
Minimum Qualifying Marks
For qualifying HSEE 2020, candidates need to get the minimum marks as given below.
|Category||Cut – Off|
|General / OBC-NCL||60%|
|SC / ST||55%|
HSEE 2020 Seat Reservation
Following is the Reservation Criteria for Reserved Category Candidates:
|Other Backward Classes belonging to Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||5%|
IIT Madras Fee
Qualifying candidates of HSEE 2020 have to pay following amount of application fee for admission.
|Particulars||Fee for Indians||Fee for Foreigners|
|1 time payment||Rs. 3,550||Rs. 18,500|
|Semester fee||Rs. 11,400||Rs. 3,07,900|
|Refundable caution deposit||Rs. 2,000||Rs. 2,000|
|Estt. ‘A’ charges||Rs. 6,000||Rs. 6,000|
|Gymkhana fee||Rs. 1,500||Rs. 1,500|
|Medical insurance Premium||Rs. 1,600||Rs. 1,600|
|Refundable hostel deposit||Rs. 3,000||Rs. 3,000|
|Hostel and other fee||Rs. 21,115||Rs. 21,115|
HSEE 2020 Application Form
IIT Madras invites online applications for HSEE 2020. Application Form for HSEE 2020 releases in 2nd week of December, 2019. Eligible candidates who wish to take admission to the master programme offered by the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) of the Institute must register themselves before the last date of submission. Completed application has to be submitted online only. Candidates applying for HSEE 2020 are advised to keep their Application Status in check from the official website.
Documents to be submitted with application form of HSEE 2020:
- Scanned copy of the photograph and signature.
- Scanned copy of class 10 certificate.
- Class 12th certificates as scanned copy.
- Category certificate scanned copy for GEN-EWS-Undertaking / OBC-NCL-Undertaking / SC / ST candidates.
- Scanned copy of PwD / Dyslexia / Scribe certificate (if applicable)
Application Fee: The amount of HSEE 2020 application fee is as follows:
|SC / ST / PwD||Rs. 1200|
Candidates can pay fee amount via following mediums:
- Net Banking
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Indian Bank Challan
HSEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Following is the Eligibility Criteria prescribed for HSEE 2020:
Educational Qualifications: Candidates applying for HSEE 2020 must fulfill any one of the following Qualifying Examination Eligibility:
- The final examination of 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities. H.S.C. vocational examination.
- Class XII skill courses of CBSE.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Age Limit : Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1994 are eligible for HSEE 2020. However, in the case of SC, ST and PwD candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e., candidates belonging to SC, ST, and PwD and born on or after October 01, 1989 are eligible.
NOTE : Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities that says the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination.
The Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM) conducts The Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE) 2020. It is an institute of national importance established through an Act of Parliament in 1959. It offers quality education in Humanities, Sciences, Engineering, Management and Technology at UG/PG level. Admission is solely through Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE). The programme has a total of 46 seats; each stream will have 23 seats.
HSEE 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : The streams offered are: Integrated M.A. in Development Studies and Integrated M.A. in English Studies
Ans : Candidates can apply online on the official website.
Ans : Yes, you must submit a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities that says the examination you have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination
Ans : The mode of examination is Online
Ans : In this case, you must inform the Chairman, HSEE 2020, immediately by phone/email.
Ans : Candidates can choose it while filling the Application Form. They get two options for Exam centers.
Official Website: hsee.iitm.ac.in.
For more information related to HSEE 2020 check the Information Brochure.
HSEE 2020 Contact Details:
Address: The Chairman, HSEE-2020, JEE Office, IIT Madras, Chennai–600036
Phone: (044) 2257 8220
Fax: (044) 22578224
E-mail: [email protected]
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.