HSEE 2022 Applications Form – IIT Madras has released the HSEE 2022 application form. Candidates can fill the HSEE application form on hsee.iitm.ac.in for admission to a 5-year integrated MA course at IIT Madras.To apply for the Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE) 2022, candidates have to register, fill out the application form, upload documents, and pay the application fee. Before filling out the application form, the applicants should ensure their eligibility criteria and read the important instructions too. This page contains more information about the HSEE 2022 application form, fee payment method, important documents, and other topics.
Latest – HSEE 2022 application form is out. Scroll down to fill the form.
HSEE 2022 Application Form
Apply Online: Click here to fill the online application form of HSEE 2022.
Candidates applying for HSEE 2022 are advised to keep their application status in check on the official website. Only candidates who register themselves on time are issued with admit cards. To stay updated with important events related to the application procedure, you may refer to the below-given table:
|HSEE 2022 Application Form||Important Dates|
|HSEE 2022 Registration starts||09 Mar 2022|
|Last date to submit HSEE 2022 application by paying the fee online||31 May 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form and payment made by Option B (step -2 must have been completed by May 31, 2022)||01 Jun 2022|
|HSEE 2022 Application Status check from||20 – 24 Jun 2022|
|HSEE 2022 Exam date||31 Jul 2022 14:00-17:00 IST|
Official Website: hsee.iitm.ac.in
HSEE 2022 Application Form Fee
The application fee of HSEE 2022 is given in the table below.
|SC / ST / PwD||Rs. 1200/-|
|All Others||Rs. 2400/-|
Mode of Payment: Application Fee can be submitted by following two modes
- Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card
- The Indian Bank Challan generated during the process of application.
Note: The service charges of the Bank shall be Rs. 40/-
Paying application fee with Indian bank e-challan mode:
Step 1: The candidates have to take the print of both the challan copies – student’s and bank’s
Step 2: Visit any Indian bank branch with the printed challan and pay the application fee.
Step 3: The bank keeps the bank copy and candidates must make sure that they collect the student’s copy.
Step 5: Candidates must check the status of application form submission under their login as per the schedule above.
Important key points for e-challan
- Candidates must note that E-Challan is generated between 8.00 Hrs and 20.00 Hrs only.
- The e-challan is valid only for 10 days.
- In case no MUP Ref Number appears on the e-challan, please generate again between 8.00 Hrs and 20.00 Hrs.
Documents needed to fill HSEE 2022 Application form
The candidates can check below the documents that they need to refer to fill the online form and documents that they need to upload in the form:
Documents/things to refer:
- Email id that is active
- Mobile number that is valid
The candidates have to upload the below-given documents in the form:
- Scanned copy of candidate’s photo
- Scanned copy of signature
- Scanned class 10 certificate
- Scanned class 12 certificate
- Scanned copy of category certificate ((GEN-EWS-Undertaking / OBC-NCL-Undertaking / SC / ST). See FORM-GEN-EWS-UNDERTAKING, FORM-OBC-NCL-UNDERTAKING, FORM-SC/ST, if applicable)
- Scanned copy of PwD/Dyslexia/Scribe certificate (if applicable)
Specifications of documents to be uploaded in online HSEE 2022 Application Form?
Candidates can check below the specifications of images that they need to upload in the online application form for HSEE:
|Photo||3.5 cm (width) X 4.5 (height) cm||20 KB – 40 KB||jpg/jpeg|
|Signature||7 cm (width) x 2 cm (height)||10 KB – 30 KB||jpg/jpeg|
|Class 10 certificate||NA||100 KB – 500 KB||jpg/jpeg|
|Class 12 certificate||NA||100 KB – 500 KB||jpg/jpeg|
|Category certificate||NA||100 KB – 500 KB||jpg/jpeg|
|PwD/Dyslexia/Scribe certificate||NA||100 KB – 500 KB||jpg/jpeg|
How to Fill HSEE 2022 Application Form?
The following are the steps to fill out the application form for HSEE 2022 :
Step 1 Online Registration:
- Visit the official website and click on the direct link “Online Registration for HSEE 2022”
- Read all the instructions given on the page before starting the procedure.
- Now, click on the option of Login under New Registration.
- New page is displayed where you have to fill in details according to your 10th class marksheet.
- After filling in the details click on the Registration button to get yourself registered.
Step 2 Login : Now click on ‘’Go to login page”.
Step 3 Application Form Details: Now page is displayed where you have to fill in some of the following details:
- Personal Details
- Academic Details
- Examination Details
Step 4 Upload Documents: Upload scanned images of the Photograph, signature and all the relevant documents including Marksheets and click on the “Upload Images” button.
Step 5 Application Fee Payment: To complete the application procedure, candidates need to submit the prescribed Application Fee for different categories through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card or Indian Bank e- challan.
Details in HSEE 2022 Application Form
The following are the details a candidate needs to fill in the application form to complete the application form. All these details must be filled in carefully, as once submitted, they cannot be changed further.
Personal Details :
- Candidate’s name
- Date of Birth
- Mobile number
- Email Address
- Name of Parent/Guardian
- Candidate’s Address
- Pin Code
Academic Details :
- Year of passing 10th or its equivalent
- Year of passing or appearing in 12th qualifying Exam
Examination Details :
- Exam City choice 1
- Exam City choice 2
HSEE 2022 Examination Center
The examination will be held in 16 cities. The candidates will get the chance to submit two preferences but only one center will be allocated to them.
HSEE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Following is the Eligibility Criteria prescribed for HSEE 2022:
Educational Qualifications: Candidates applying for HSEE 2022 must fulfil any one of the following Qualifying Examination Eligibility:
- The final examination of 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities. H.S.C. vocational examination.
- Class XII skill courses of CBSE.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
NOTE: Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities that says the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination.
HSEE 2022 Admit Card
The HSEE 2022 Admit Card is issued by IIT, Madras after the successful completion of the Application Form.
- Using their Email ID/Login ID and Password, candidates can download their HSEE Admit Card 2022 from the official website hsee.iitm.ac.in.
- The admit card bears the name, photograph, date of birth, address, and category of the candidate, along with the name and address of the examination centre allotted.
- An admit card is an important document, and no applicant is permitted to write the examination without a valid admit card.
- The admit card should be presented to the invigilators for verification. Impersonation of any kind is strictly prohibited. The candidate’s identity is verified in respect of his/her details on the admit card and the centre verification record.
About HSEE 2022
The Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination, or HSEE, is a national-level entrance test conducted every year by the Indian Institute of Technology Madras for admission to the master’s programme offered by the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) of the Institute. This is the only test of its kind that admits students to a five-year integrated masters programme in humanities and social sciences subjects offered by an IIT.
The Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM) conducts the Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE) for 2022. Itis an institute of national importance, established through an Act of Parliament in 1959. It offers quality education in the humanities, sciences, engineering, management, and technology at the UG and PG level. Admission is solely through the Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE). The programme has a total of 58 seats; each stream will have 29 seats.
HSEE 2022 Registration Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What is the official website where HSEE 2022 application form is released?
Ans : The official website to fill the HSEE 2022 application form on hsee.iitm.ac.in.
Q2: What is an e challan mode of payments for the HSEE 2022 application fee?
Ans : The e- challan mode of payment means a mode of payment in which candidates can download the challan generated during the process of application. This challan is to be printed and be carried at the Indian bank and submitted with the fee. There are 2 copies of the challan one is the bank copy and the other is the student copy. The bank copy is kept by the bank and the student copy is returned to the candidates.
Q3: How do I know the application status of the form?
Ans : The candidates can check the application form status of the form online under their respective login.
Q4: What documents are to be uploaded in the online application form of HSEE?
Ans : The candidates have to upload a scanned copy of the signature, photo and relevant documents in the online application form.
Q5: Can I get the offline application form of HSEE?
Ans : No, only the online application form is available for HSEE 2022.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.