The Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology is looked forward to conducting an Online entrance examination to let eligible individuals take admission into its specialization degree programmes in M.Sc. The course is recognized by the University of Mysore. All the undergraduate degree holders in B.Tech, BE, BSc, MBBS, BDS, BPharm, BAM securing 50% marks in UG is to be considered eligible to apply. The apply link is available at ibab.ac.in as well as below provided link. Please remember that when you complete the application form, you have to send it to the Institute via email along with 2 photocopies of your photograph requesting your user id and password. The last date to apply is May 31, 2018.
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2018
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2018 from the link given below. Candidates are advised to keep visiting this website for more updates about the examination. These are the important dates for the IBAB M.Sc entrance test 2018. As per the official sources available to us from the official website.
|Last date for receiving online forms|
|Online entrance exams||26 to 28 Apr 2018
10 to 12 May 2018
24 to 26 May 2018
31 May to 02 Jun 2018
|Dates of interview||07 May to 12 Jun 2018|
|Joining date||16 Jul 2018|
IBAB 2018 Application form
Candidates who make up their mind about appearing for the online entrance exam can registere in IBAB’s computer base. Please remember that incomplete applications are rejected. You may have to provide information like personal details, educational background, email id, mobile number, correspondence details etc. While emailing the application form, also write your Application number, requesting user id and password. After receiving your username and password, login and tick mark the appropriate boxes. Write your name and address in block letters. Write name, valid email id and also upload photocopies of documents starting onwards 10th class to the highest degree obtained.
- Click Here to apply online for IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2018.
- Click Here ton download application form for IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2018.
The candidates aspiring to complete their forms must pay some charges. The fees depend on the category to which a candidate belongs. The amount payable is as follows:-
- Indian students- Rs 500/-
- NRI/ Foreign students- Rs. 1000/-
Note- The application fee is to be paid through NEFT or by a Demand Draft (DD)/cheque drawn in favor of ‘Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology’ payable at Bengaluru. The application will be processed only on receipt of the application fee.
- Step 1: Apply online
- Incomplete forms may be rejected.
- IBAB reserves the right to reject the application if the applicant does not meet the required criteria.
- You must also email [email protected] immediately after submitting the application form.
- Step 2: Online entrance test
- First round of selection is by a simple, multiple choice online entrance test that can be taken from any place (even from your home).
- Step 3: Interview for short-listed candidates at Bengaluru
- Second round of selections is via an interview at IBAB.
- All the original certificates should be produced for verification at the time of interview.
- Step 4: Fee payment and admission
- All fees can be paid through cash, NEFT or by a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favor of ‘Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology’ payable at Bengaluru. NEFT details are given below.
- You must apply for a migration certificate at your college immediately after completion of your degree course it is required.
- Academic requirement- Bachelor’s degree in any branch of life sciences, human or veterinary medicine, engineering, computer science, statistics, mathematics, physics, chemistry, pharmacy, and agriculture,
- Age limit- There is no age limit.
- The applicant is required to obtain at least 50% (overall) in his/her Bachelor’s degree.
- Students who are expected to complete their course by June/early July 2018 are also eligible.
IBAB 2018 Entrance test Admit card
Candidates getting successfully registered will be issued admit cards on their login account which they would be able to access using their user id and password. Admit card will be issued online at the official website ibab.ac.in .
Applicants will be sent their user id and password for the online test that can be taken from anywhere where there is an internet facility. It can even be taken from the comfort zone of your home. You are encouraged to take a test to familiarize yourself with the pattern.
- Duration of the exam- 100 minutes
- Level of questions- 12th class science level
- Negative marking- No negative marks
Candidates qualifying the online tests will be called for interview rounds. Important information regarding interview process is given below.
- Students will be short-listed for the interview based on results of online entrance exam.
- Interview at Bengaluru.
- Candidates are advised to reserve tickets soon after applying to avoid last minute rush.
- If selected for interview, bring with them the original marks sheets and degree certificates (temporary exemption may be provided for those who appeared in the final exam in the last couple of months).
- Also bring a valid photo ID such as driving license, PAN card, passport or voter’s ID card.
- During the interviews, family members or friends accompanying the candidate can be put up in either the ladies’ or the gents’ hostel (without charge).
The candidates willing to join the offered programmes in 2018 will have to appear for a mandatory online examination. You will get multiple choice questions that can be taken from anywhere (even your home). After clearing the online exam, candidates shall be selected for Interview where their original documents are verified.
- Online examination
- Interview at IBAB