IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2021 – IBAB Bengaluru Application process has been started. Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) conducts an online entrance exam for admission in the M.Sc. program in incorporates genetic engineering, cell and molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, fermentation, and downstream processing omics, next-gen sequencing, big data analysis, and so on in the course of study. It is a national-level exam. The candidate has to go through a written test and personal interview for getting admission to IBAB. To be eligible for the exam, the candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in B.Sc, B.E, B.Tech, B.Pharm, MBBS, BDS, and B.V.Scc. Candidates can check in detail about IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2021 from this page.
Latest: IBAB Bengaluru Application process has been started and the last date to apply is 03 May 2021. Click here to apply online.
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2021
The application for the IBAB Bangaluru Entrance Test 2021 is live. The online written test is a qualifier for the interview. It does not contribute to the final admission of the candidate. The candidate has to clear personal interviews in order to get admission. Candidates can check the IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2021 schedule from the table given below.
|IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2021||Dates|
|Application form starts from||16 Feb 2021|
|Online Registration Closing Date||03 May 2021|
|Last Date of Payment of Application Fees||03 May 2021|
|Mock test (online, can be taken from anywhere)||13 May 2021|
|Entrance Test||16 May 2021|
|Personal Interview||To be updated|
|Result||To be updated|
|Commencement of the Course||19 Jul 2021|
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2021 Application form
Candidates are required to fill the application form online through the official website, ibab.ac.in. The application form has to be filled in completely and accurately on time. Candidates are required to pay through NEFT/ Transaction details along with the Applicant Name and Application number via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Admission is liable to be canceled if any fraudulent records are found even after securing admission.
Application Fee – The application fee amount is non-refundable.
Mode of Payment: Candidate can make the payment via NEFT/online transaction.
Documents to be required at the time of filling the application form
The following documents are required at the time of filling the online application form.
- Latest Passport Photograph
- Scanned 10th Marks Card and/or Certificate
- Scanned 12th Marks Card and/or Certificate
- Scanned Degree Transcripts/Marksheets and/or Degree Certificate
- NRIs/Foreign Students, scanned copy of supporting document confirming your status
- Scanned copy of NEFT/IMPS.
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check eligibility before applying for the exam.
- Qualifying Degree: Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in any branch of science/technology/medicine (with degrees such as BSc, BE, BTech, BPharm, MBBS, BDS, BVSc, and BAMS). Statistics or equivalent degree with a minimum of 50% in the qualifying examination
- Marks: The candidate is required to obtain at least 50% aggregate in his/her Bachelor’s program.
- Age: There is no age bar for applying. for the IBAB Entrance Exam for M.Sc
- Eligible Subject Areas: Life sciences (zoology, botany, genetics, human biology, general life sciences, ecology, environmental biology), bioinformatics, biotechnology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, statistics, any branch of engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, agriculture, medicine, dentistry, horticulture, forestry and veterinary sciences.
- Work Experience Candidates: Applicants who have had a break in their education or have been working for a few years are also eligible.
- Indian nationals, NRIs and foreign nationals who have passed the qualifying degree examination outside of India, must submit the Equivalence Certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities along with their application.
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2021 Exam Pattern And Syllabus
Candidates can check the exam pattern of IBAB Entrance Test 2021 from below.
- Mode of Exam: This exam will either be through a proctored online examination or conducted at designated centres.
- Type of Questions: IBAB Entrance Exam contains objective type questions i.e MCQs.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking in the exam.
- Sections: The sections/syllabus for the test from physics, mathematics, chemistry, life sciences and general aptitude.
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Exam 2021 Admit Card
Candidates getting successfully registered will be issued admit cards on their login account which they would be able to access using their user id and password. Admit cards will be issued online at the official website ibab.ac.in. It is mandatory to carry the hall ticket/admit card on the day of examination as it is the entry ticket to the examination hall.
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Exam 2021 Interview
Candidates qualifying the online tests will be called for interview rounds. Below mentioned important information regarding the interview process is based on last year’s record for reference purposesonly.
- The Admission Score is based on the interview and the candidate’s previous academic performance (The online written test is merely a qualifier for the interview. It does not contribute to the Admission Score).
- The interview contributes 70% to the Admission Score.
- The candidate’s overall marks in 10th, 12th and Bachelor’s degree contribute 10% each, and 30% cumulatively, to the Admission Score.
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Exam 2021 Selection criteria
The candidates willing to join the offered programs in 2021 will have to appear for a mandatory online examination. You will get multiple-choice questions that can be taken from anywhere (even in your home). After clearing the online exam, candidates shall be selected for Interviews where their original documents are verified.
- Proctored online examination, or conducted at designationed centres
- Interview in person at IBAB, or through a proctored online mode
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Exam 2021 Result
To check the result, the candidate has to visit the official website of IBAB. Candidates who qualify the written test are called for the personal interview. The list of successful candidates will be posted on the website and letters/e-mails will also be sent to those who are being offered final admission.
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Exam 2021 Admission Procedure
Check the admission process for IBAB M.Sc from the below given steps.
Step 1: Apply online
- Incomplete forms may be rejected.
- IBAB reserves the right to reject the application if the applicant does not meet the required criteria.
- You must also email email@example.com with your name and Application No. immediately after submitting the form online.
Step 2: Shortlisting of candidates
- First round of selection will be based on the student’s performance in their Bachelor’s course.
Step 3: Interview for short-listed candidates at IBAB, Bengaluru
- Second round of selection is via a computerized test followed by a panel interview at IBAB.
- To qualify for the interview, all original certificates (10th, 12th and Bachelor’s transcripts and/or Degree certificate) have to be produced for verification.
Step 4: Fee payment and admission
- All fees can be paid by NEFT. Details are given below.
- Name of the Account: Institute of Bioinformatics & Applied Biotechnology
- Account No: 036005011787
- Type of Account: Current Account
- Name of the Bank: ICICI Bank
- Bank Branch: Electronic City
- IFSC Code : ICIC0000360
IBAB Bengaluru Admission 2021 Fee Structure
The fee structure for IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2021 is given below.
- The hostel and dining fees will be charged per semester, and are non-refundable even if a student discontinues using the hostel/dining facility any time during the semester.
- All fees are subject to change based on the revision of any relevant government / university / IBAB policy.
IBAB Bengaluru Scholarships
The scholarship will be awarded based on the performance of the student in each semester,and the financial need of the student.
Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) is located in Bengaluru. It was established in 2001. IBAB is a thriving community of students, and scientists in the fields of bioinformatics and biotechnology. The institute focusses on education, research and promoting entrepreneurship, the three pillars of its activities. 25 companies have availed the incubation services of IBAB, including Symbiosis Biowares, Novozymes R&D, Ixora Biosciences, BioCOS Life Sciences, Geniron Biolabs, Microtest Innovations, MIR Life Sciences, DeNovo BioLabs, Privils, String Bio, Omix R&D Laboratories, Pentavalent, Indoor Biotechnologies, Techsicon Biotech and Plasmatech Solutions.
Official Website: ibab.ac.in
Candidates can check information related to IBAB Entrance Exam 2021 – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.