The Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology is looking forward to conducting an Online entrance examination to let eligible individuals take admission into its specialization degree programmes in M.Sc. The course is recognized by the University of Mysore. All the undergraduate degree holders in B.Tech, BE, BSc, MBBS, BDS, B.Pharm, BAMS, and BVSc securing 50% marks in UG is to be considered eligible to apply. Please remember that when you complete the application form, you have to send your name and application number immediately via email at [email protected] Candidates can get all information regarding IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2019 for MSc in Bioinformatics from this article.
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2019
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2019 from the link given below. Candidates are advised to keep visiting this website for more updates about the examination. These are the important dates for the IBAB M.Sc entrance test 2019. As per the official sources available to us from the official website.
|Last date for receiving online forms|
|On-campus computerized test and interview|
|Joining date||July 2019|
- The student is required to obtain at least 50% in his/her Bachelor’s programme overall.
- Bachelor’s degree in any branch of science/technology/medicine (with degrees such as BSc, BE, BTech, BPharm, MBBS, BDS, BVSc, and BAMS).
- The eligible subject areas are: Life sciences (zoology, botany, genetics, human biology, general life sciences, ecology, environmental biology), bioinformatics, biotechnology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, statistics, any branch of engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, agriculture, medicine, dentistry, horticulture, forestry and veterinary sciences.
- There is no age bar for applying.
- Applicants who have had a break in their education or have been working for a few years are also eligible
IBAB 2019 Application form
Candidates who make up their mind about appearing for the online entrance exam can register themselves. The application form has to be filled in completely and accurately on time. Candidates are required to email [email protected] with their name and Application No. immediately after submitting the form online. Admission is liable to be canceled if any fraudulent records are found even after securing admission.
IBAB 2019 Entrance test Admit card
Candidates getting successfully registered will be issued admit cards on their login account which they would be able to access using their user id and password. Admit card will be issued online at the official website ibab.ac.in.
IBAB conducts a national level online entrance test. It is an objective type test (without negative marking). The syllabus for the test is basic physics, maths, chemistry, biology, and English language comprehension.
Candidates qualifying the online tests will be called for interview rounds. Important information regarding the interview process is given below.
- The Admission Score is based on the interview and the candidate’s previous academic performance (The online written test is merely a qualifier for the interview. It does not contribute to the Admission Score).
- The interview contributes 70% to the Admission Score.
- The candidate’s overall marks in 10th, 12th and Bachelor’s degree contribute 10% each, and 30% cumulatively, to the Admission Score.
The candidates willing to join the offered programmes in 2019 will have to appear for a mandatory online examination. You will get multiple choice questions that can be taken from anywhere (even in your home). After clearing the online exam, candidates shall be selected for Interview where their original documents are verified.
- Online examination
- Interview at IBAB
- Step 1: Apply online
- Incomplete forms may be rejected.
- IBAB reserves the right to reject the application if the applicant does not meet the required criteria.
- You must also email [email protected] with your name and Application No. immediately after submitting the form online.
- Step 2: Shortlisting of candidates via Telephone or Skype Interviews
- First round of selection will be based on the student’s performance in their Bachelor’s course and via telephone or Skype interviews conducted by IBAB faculty
- Step 3: Interview for short-listed candidates at IBAB, Bengaluru
- Second round of selection is via a computerized test followed by a panel interview at IBAB.
- To qualify for the interview, all original certificates (10th, 12th and Bachelor’s transcripts and/or Degree certificate) have to be produced for verification.
- Step 4: Fee payment and admission
- All fees can be paid by NEFT or Demand Draft (DD). Details are given below.
- Name of the Account: Institute of Bioinformatics & Applied Biotechnology
- Account No: 036005011787
- Type of Account: Current Account
- Name of the Bank: ICICI
- Bank Branch: Electronic City
- IFSC Code : ICIC0000360
If any candidate wants to gain more information IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2019 for MSc in Bioinformatics then he/she may also check the Frequently Asked Questions. A direct link for the same is given below for the ease of the intended candidates.
- Click here to check FAQs.
Official Website: www.ibab.ac.in.
For more information regarding IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2019 for MSc in Bioinformatics – Download Information Brochure.