IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2020 – Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) conducts an online entrance exam for admission in the M.Sc. program in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics. The entrance exam is expected to be held in the month of June 2020. It is a national level exam. To apply for the exam, the candidate has to fill the application form at ibab.ac.in. Candidate has to go through written test and personal interview for getting admission in IBAB. To be eligible for the exam, the candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in B.Tech, BE, BSc, MBBS, BDS, B.Pharm, BAMS, or BVSc. Candidates can check in detail about IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2020 from this page.
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2020
The online written test is a qualifier for the interview. It does not contribute to the final admission of the candidate. Candidate has to clear personal interview in order to get admission. Candidates can check the IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test schedule from the table given below.
|IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2020||Dates|
|Application form starts from||1st week of Feb 2020|
|Last date to apply||Last week of May 2020|
|Test and Interview||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Result||3rd week of Jun 2020|
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2020 Exam Pattern And Syllabus
Candidates can check the exam pattern of IBAB Entrance Test 2020 from below.
- Type of Questions: IBAB Entrance Exam contains objective type questions i.e MCQs.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking in the exam.
- Sections: The sections/syllabus for the test is physics, maths, chemistry, biology and English language comprehension.
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check eligibility before applying for the exam.
- Qualifying Degree: Candidate must possess bachelor’s degree in any branch of science/technology/medicine (with degrees such as BSc, BE, BTech, BPharm, MBBS, BDS, BVSc and BAMS)
- Marks: The candidate is required to obtain at least 50% aggregate in his/her Bachelor’s program.
- Age: There is no age bar for applying. for the IBAB Entarnce Exam for M.Sc
- Eligibile Subject Areas: Life sciences (zoology, botany, genetics, human biology, general life sciences, ecology, environmental biology), bioinformatics, biotechnology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, statistics, any branch of engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, agriculture, medicine, dentistry, horticulture, forestry and veterinary sciences.
- Work Experience Candidates: Applicants who have had a break in their education or have been working for a few years are also eligible
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Exam 2020 Interview
Candidates qualifying the online tests will be called for interview rounds. Important information regarding the interview process is given below.
- The Admission Score is based on the interview and the candidate’s previous academic performance (The online written test is merely a qualifier for the interview. It does not contribute to the Admission Score).
- The interview contributes 70% to the Admission Score.
- The candidate’s overall marks in 10th, 12th and Bachelor’s degree contribute 10% each, and 30% cumulatively, to the Admission Score.
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Exam 2020 Selection criteria
The candidates willing to join the offered programmes in 2020 will have to appear for a mandatory online examination. You will get multiple choice questions that can be taken from anywhere (even in your home). After clearing the online exam, candidates shall be selected for Interview where their original documents are verified.
- Online examination
- Interview at IBAB
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Exam 2020 Admission Procedure
Check the admission process for IBAB M.Sc from the below given steps.
Step 1: Apply online
- Incomplete forms may be rejected.
- IBAB reserves the right to reject the application if the applicant does not meet the required criteria.
- You must also email email@example.com with your name and Application No. immediately after submitting the form online.
Step 2: Shortlisting of candidates via Telephone or Skype Interviews
- First round of selection will be based on the student’s performance in their Bachelor’s course and via telephone or Skype interviews conducted by IBAB faculty.
Step 3: Interview for short-listed candidates at IBAB, Bengaluru
- Second round of selection is via a computerized test followed by a panel interview at IBAB.
- To qualify for the interview, all original certificates (10th, 12th and Bachelor’s transcripts and/or Degree certificate) have to be produced for verification.
Step 4: Fee payment and admission
- All fees can be paid by NEFT or Demand Draft (DD). Details are given below.
- Name of the Account: Institute of Bioinformatics & Applied Biotechnology
- Account No: 036005011787
- Type of Account: Current Account
- Name of the Bank: ICICI
- Bank Branch: Electronic City
- IFSC Code : ICIC0000360
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2020 Application form
Candidates are required to fill the application form online through the official website, ibab.ac.in. The application form has to be filled in completely and accurately on time. Candidates are required to send NEFT/IMPS Transaction details along with the Applicant Name and Application number via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Admission is liable to be canceled if any fraudulent records are found even after securing admission.
Candidates getting successfully registered will be issued admit cards on their login account which they would be able to access using their user id and password. Admit card will be issued online at the official website ibab.ac.in. It is mandatory to carry the hall ticket/admit card on the day of examination as it is the entry ticket to the examination hall.
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Exam 2020 Result
To check the result, candidate has to visit the official website of IBAB. Candidates who qualify the written test are called for the personal interview. The list of successful candidates will be posted on the website and letters/e-mails will also be sent to those who are being offered final admission.
Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) is located in Bengaluru. It was established in 2001. IBAB is a thriving community of students, and scientists in the fields of bioinformatics and biotechnology. The institute focusses on education, research and promoting entrepreneurship, the three pillars of its activities. 25 companies have availed the incubation services of IBAB, including Symbiosis Biowares, Novozymes R&D, Ixora Biosciences, BioCOS Life Sciences, Geniron Biolabs, Microtest Innovations, MIR Life Sciences, DeNovo BioLabs, Privils, String Bio, Omix R&D Laboratories, Pentavalent, Indoor Biotechnologies, Techsicon Biotech and Plasmatech Solutions.
Official Website: www.ibab.ac.in.
Official details of IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2020 for MSc have not been announced. Information on this page is as per the last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2020 brochure is released, information will be updated on this page.
Candidates can check last year IBAB Entrance Exam Brochure – Download Information Brochure.