IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2022 – IBAB Bengaluru has released the selected candidates list for admission to MSc Bioinformatics and Biotechnology course at ibab.ac.in. Whereas, IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2022 exam was held on May 29, 2022 and interview was conducted from 06 to 16 June 2022. Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) conducts an online remote proctored mode exam for admission in the M.Sc. program in incorporates genetic engineering, cell and molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, fermentation, and downstream processing omics, next-gen sequencing, big data analysis, and so on in the course of study. It is a national-level exam. The candidate has to go through a written test and personal interview for getting admission to IBAB. To be eligible for the exam, the candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in B.Sc, BE, B.Tech, B.Pharm, MBBS, BDS and B.V.Sc. Candidates can check in detail about IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2022 from this page.
Latest – IBAB Bengaluru has released the selected candidates list for admission to MSc Bioinformatics and Biotechnology course for 2022 session. Get the direct link to check the result.
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2022
The application form for the IBAB Bangaluru Entrance Test 2022 is out. The online written test is a qualifier for the interview. It does not contribute to the final admission of the candidate. The candidate has to clear personal interviews in order to get admission. Candidates can check the IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2022 schedule from the table given below.
|IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2022||Dates|
|Application form starts from||31 Jan 2022|
|Online Registration Closing Date||14 May 2022|
|Last Date of Payment of Application Fees||14 May 2022|
|Mock test (online, can be taken from anywhere)||22 May 2022|
|Entrance Test (online, proctored)||29 May 2022|
|Personal Interview||06 – 16 Jun 2022|
|Result||20 Jun 2022|
|Commencement of the Course||18 Jul 2022|
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Exam 2022 Result
To check the result, the candidate has to visit the official website of IBAB. Candidates who qualify the written test are called for the personal interview. The list of successful candidates is posted on the website.
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2022 Application form
Candidates are required to fill the application form online through the official website, ibab.ac.in. The application form has to be filled in completely and accurately information on time. Candidates are required to pay the following amount of fee to complete the registration process. Admission is liable to be canceled if any fraudulent records are found even after securing admission.
Application Fee – The application fee amount is non-refundable.
Mode of Payment: Candidate can make the payment via NEFT/online transaction.
Documents to be required at the time of filling the application form
The following documents are required at the time of filling the online application form.
- Latest Passport Photograph
- Scanned 10th Marks Card and/or Certificate
- Scanned 12th Marks Card and/or Certificate
- Scanned Degree Transcripts/Marksheets and/or Degree Certificate
- NRIs/Foreign Students, scanned copy of supporting document confirming your status
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check eligibility before applying for the exam.
- Qualifying Degree: Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in any branch of science/technology/medicine (with degrees such as BSc, BE, BTech, BPharm, MBBS, BDS and BVSc). Statistics or equivalent degree with a minimum of 50% in the qualifying examination
- Marks: The candidate is required to obtain at least 50% aggregate in his/her Bachelor’s program.
- Age: There is no age bar for applying. for the IBAB Entrance Exam for M.Sc
- Eligible Subject Areas: Life sciences (zoology, botany, genetics, human biology, general life sciences, ecology, environmental biology), bioinformatics, biotechnology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, statistics, any branch of engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, agriculture, medicine, dentistry, horticulture, forestry and veterinary sciences.
- Work Experience Candidates: Applicants who have had a break in their education or have been working for a few years are also eligible.
- Indian nationals, NRIs and foreign nationals who have passed the qualifying degree examination outside of India, must submit the Equivalence Certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities along with their application.
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2022 Exam Pattern And Syllabus
Candidates can check the exam pattern of IBAB Entrance Test 2022 from below, as per last year record for reference only.
- Mode of Exam: This exam will either be through a proctored online examination.
- Type of Questions: IBAB Entrance Exam contains objective type questions i.e MCQs.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking in the exam.
- Sections: The sections/syllabus for the test from physics, mathematics, chemistry, life sciences and general aptitude.
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2022 Model Question Paper
Candidates can check the IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test model question paper from below:
Model Question Paper: Click here to check the IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test Model Question Paper.
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Exam 2022 Admit Card
Candidates getting successfully registered will be issued admit cards on their login account which they would be able to access using their user id and password. Admit cards will be issued online at the official website ibab.ac.in. It is mandatory to carry the hall ticket/admit card on the day of examination as it is the entry ticket to the examination hall.
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Exam 2022 Interview
Candidates qualifying the online tests will be called for interview rounds.Candidates should note that interview will either in person at IBAB, or through a proctored online mode.
Below mentioned important information regarding the interview process is based on last year’s record for reference purposes only.
- The Admission Score is based on the interview and the candidate’s previous academic performance (The online written test is merely a qualifier for the interview. It does not contribute to the Admission Score).
- The interview contributes 70% to the Admission Score.
- The candidate’s overall marks in 10th, 12th and Bachelor’s degree contribute 10% each, and 30% cumulatively, to the Admission Score.
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Exam 2022 Selection criteria
The candidates willing to join the offered programs in 2022 will have to appear for a mandatory online examination. You will get multiple-choice questions that can be taken from anywhere (even in your home). After clearing the online exam, candidates shall be selected for Interviews where their original documents are verified.
- Proctored online examination
- Interview in person at IBAB, or through a proctored online mode
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Exam 2022 Admission Procedure
Check the admission process for IBAB M.Sc from the below given steps.
Step 1: Apply online
- Incomplete forms may be rejected.
- IBAB reserves the right to reject the application if the applicant does not meet the required criteria.
Step 2: Shortlisting of candidates
- First round of selection will be based on the student’s performance in the written Test.
Step 3: Interview for short-listed candidates at IBAB, Bengaluru
- Second round of selection is via a computerized test followed by a panel interview at IBAB.
- To qualify for the interview, all original certificates (10th, 12th and Bachelor’s transcripts and/or Degree certificate, Migration certificate ) have to be produced for verification.
Step 4: Fee payment and admission
- All fees can be paid by NEFT. Details are given below.
- Name of the Account: Institute of Bioinformatics & Applied Biotechnology
- Account No: 036005011787
- Type of Account: Current Account
- Name of the Bank : ICICI Bank
- Bank Branch: Electronic City
- IFSC Code : ICIC0000360
IBAB Bengaluru Admission 2022 Fee Structure
The fee structure for IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2022 is given below.
- The hostel and dining fees will be charged per semester, and are non-refundable even if a student discontinues using the hostel/dining facility any time during the semester.
- All fees are subject to change based on the revision of any relevant government / university / IBAB policy.
IBAB Bengaluru Scholarships
The scholarship will be awarded based on the performance of the student in each semester,and the financial need of the student.
Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) is located in Bengaluru. It was established in 2001. IBAB is a thriving community of students, and scientists in the fields of bioinformatics and biotechnology. The institute focusses on education, research and promoting entrepreneurship, the three pillars of its activities. 25 companies have availed the incubation services of IBAB, including Symbiosis Biowares, Novozymes R&D, Ixora Biosciences, BioCOS Life Sciences, Geniron Biolabs, Microtest Innovations, MIR Life Sciences, DeNovo BioLabs, Privils, String Bio, Omix R&D Laboratories, Pentavalent, Indoor Biotechnologies, Techsicon Biotech and Plasmatech Solutions.
FAQs on IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2022
Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology will conduct the entrance exam for M.Sc. programs.
The official website of IBAB is ibab.ac.in.
Ans: IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2022 is going to be held on May 22, 2022.
IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2022 exam will held in the online remote proctored mote.
Candidates firstly appears for written test followed by personal interview.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.