ICAR National Talent Scholarships (NTS): National Talent Scholarships (NTS) of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research is available to a students pursuing Bachelor or Master degree programme admitted through All India Entrance Examination (AlEE) in the Agricultural University. The Scholarship will be awarded initially for a period of one year from the date the student actually takes admission in the Agricultural University. The University should get the necessary form filled from the students. To know more about the ICAR National Talent Scholarships (NTS), scroll down the page.
ICAR National Talent Scholarships (NTS)
It should be noted that the awardee shall however get his/her scholarship on a monthly basis at the end of each month and Clear Promotion to the next class and secure an OGPA/CGPA of 7.00 out of 10.00 (6.50/10.00 for SC/ST). University must ensure for Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to students where bank
account of the scholarship holder will be linked with Aadhaar Number.
ICAR National Talent Scholarships (NTS) Eligibility Criteria
A student is eligible for the scholarship provided below:
- Takes up studies in approved courses and takes admission in the Agricultural University located outside their State of domicile.
- Maintains merit and good conduct as certified by Head of the College / University /Institution.
- Does not remain absent without prior permission and does not participate in any agitation/strike etc. during the period.
- Takes up studies on a whole time basis and does not take up any job even on part time basis.
- Does not accept any other financial assistance/scholarship during the course of undergraduate study.
- Does not leave his/her course of study within one month of the admission otherwise no scholarship shall be paid to him/her.
- Does not subsequently change the initial subject allocated for which he/she has been awarded the NTS during his studies.
ICAR National Talent Scholarships (NTS) Mode of Payment
The scholarship amount is paid in the following modes:
- The payment of scholarship shall be made to the Head of the College / Institute who would disburse to the student after verification of required documents.
- The payment of scholarship shall not be made directly to the student.
- The scholarship shall commence from the month a student joins the College / University / Institution and shall continue up to the end of the degree programme.
- The College / University / Institute shall be paid the scholarship in lumpsum in advance
for a total period of 12 months.
ICAR National Talent Scholarships (NTS) Value of Scholarship
The students who have cleared the eligibility criteria can check the value of the scholarship amount. The value of scholarship shall be Rs.2,000 per month to undergraduate (Bachelor degree) students and Rs 3,000/ per month to postgraduate (Master degree) students at present. No contingency grant is paid.
The scholarship will be terminated in the following cases:
- From the date an awardee ceases to be on the roll of the College / University / Institution.
- From the date the sanction of the scholarship expires.
- If the awardee is dropped by the College / University / Institution or indulges in gross acts of indiscipline.
- If awardee does not maintain minimum academic performance specified for continuance of scholarship
Official Website: education.icar.gov.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.