IET NRI Admission 2018 for B.Tech/ M.Tech Courses – Ahmedabad University has released notification for IET NRI Admission 2018 for M.Tech Course only for the academic year 2018. Interested candidates can read the complete details of IET NRI Admission 2018 for B.Tech/ M.Tech Courses such as important dates, application form, eligibility criteria, seat intake etc. on this page.
IET NRI Admission 2018 for B.Tech
Admission Schedule for NRI / NRI sponsored seats will be announced later as per the guidelines from ACPC. Admissions to the undergraduate programmes of The Institute of Engineering & Technology of Ahmedabad University is through the following two channels:
(1) Admissions through Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC): 85% of the total sanctioned seats will be filled by ACPC of the Government of Gujarat. ACPC admits students based on their score in the class 12th board exam (weight 60%) and the score in the JEE main (weight 40%). The latest rules and guidelines for admissions through ACPC can be found on their website. (http://www.jacpcldce.ac.in).
(2) Admissions through the NRI or NRI Sponsored Quota: 15% of the total sanctioned seats are available for admission through the NRI or NRI Sponsored Quota.
Application form of IET NRI Admission B.Tech for NRI / NRI-Sponsored students will be downloaded from the official website or the direct link will also be provided here when officially announced.
Application Fee is Rs. 350/-.
Documents Required with the application –
- Application Form (duly filled in),
- Affidavit by the sponsor to support the education of the student. (Initially, photocopy received by email will be accepted but the original will be required at the time of taking admission). The NRIs outside India can notarize the affidavit on plain paper,
- Self-attested photocopy of the passport of the sponsor. (Initially, signed photocopy received by email will be accepted but the actual signed copy will be required at the time of taking admission)
- Proof of being NRI (Green Card, White Card etc) or Citizenship of other countries,
- Photocopy of HSC mark sheet
- Photocopy of SSC mark sheet
- Photocopy of school leaving certificate
- Photocopy of JEE Scorecard
- Passport sized photographs – 3.
The number of seats filled by ACPC in our institute is as follows :
|B.Tech. Information and Communication Technology||51 (85% of 60)|
|B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering||26 (85% of 30)|
|B.Tech. Chemical Engineering||26 (85% of 30)|
The NRI or NRI Sponsored quota in our institute is as follows.
|B.Tech. Information and Communication Technology||9 (15% of 60)|
|B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering||4 (15% of 30)|
|B.Tech. Chemical Engineering||4 (15% of 30)|
For NRI / NRI sponsored, the fees is US $ 6,500 per annum at the exchange rate of 1 US $ = INR 67.
- The student should be an Indian national or a Person of Indian Origin and should have passed the qualifying exam from a country other than India in the year 2018.
- As applications for NRI seats can come from diverse backgrounds, the merit list for NRI students will be decided by the institute after all the applications have been received. A minimum PCM theory percentage will be required for admission to NRI sponsored seats.
- The student shall have to obtain equivalency certificate from the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
- The student shall have to submit a copy of his/her passport along with a copy of the passport of one of his/her parents.
- NRI sponsored students shall be given admission on NRI seats. The NRI sponsored seats will be filled ONLY after the NRI seats are filled first and any vacant seats are available after that within its quota.
- The name of the student must appear on the ACPC list. The admission within this quota will be given as per the merit in the ACPC merit list.
- The student seeking admission on NRI seats shall have to submit a copy of the passport of sponsoring the NRI person. The copy has to be self-attested by the sponsorer.
IET NRI Admission 2018 for M.Tech
IET has released notification for admission into the 2-year M.Tech. degree programme in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) with a specialization in Data Science and Analytics. This hands-on, live case study based programme is designed to meet the exploding need for highly skilled professionals in Data Analytics. The program will offer one-year research/industry based dissertation work to the student. To graduate, the student must complete all academic requirements including the dissertation in three years after getting admission to the program. Admissions to M.Tech. (CSE) with specialization in ‘Data Science and Analytics’ will be managed by ACPC.
- Course: M.Tech (CSE)
- Intake: 20
- Duration: 2-years, divided into four semesters
- Program fees: Rs. 1,63,000 (One lac sixty-three thousand) per year.
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for IET NRI Admission 2018 for M.Tech from the official website. Candidates can check important dates from the table given below:
|Online Applications available from||27 Mar 2018|
|Last date of submission of online applications||31 May 2018|
|Written test and interview for candidates not having valid GATE score||09 Jun 2018|
|Interview of candidates with valid GATE score||09 Jun 2018|
|Announcement of shortlisted candidates||12 Jun 2018|
|Registration, verification of documents and payment of fees||18 Jun 2018|
Application form of IET NRI Admission M.Tech 2018 is available on the official website i.e. ahduni.edu.in or the direct link is also provided below for the sake of candidates.
Application Fee: Rs. 1200/-
Please refer to the following important instructions before commencing your application.
Steps to apply:
- Create a Username/Application log-In.
- Fill out the application form.
- Attach the required documents.
- Confirm your application details.
- Pay application fee via Debit card / Credit card / Net Banking.
Documents required to be attached
For all applicants:
- Marksheet of class 12 or equivalent.
- Marksheet of graduation (applicants in the final year may upload a .zip file of mark sheets of all semesters).
- GATE Score Card (separate written test will be conducted for candidates not having valid GATE score).
For applicants applying under a specific category:
- Valid socio-economic background certificate (for SC / ST / OBC / SEBC category applicants).
- Disability certificate (for differently abled applicants).
Candidate should have passed any one of the following:
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) / Bachelor of Technology (B.TEch) in CE, CSE, CS, EE, ECE, ICT, IC, IT from a recognized university.
- M.Sc degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Mathematics, Physics.
- MCA degree (3 years programme).
Aggregate marks in the qualifying degree must be no less than 60% or equivalent cumulative grade point average (CGPA). Undergraduate candidates appearing for their final semester/year may also apply. If admitted, students in this category must submit their provisional degree certificate within 30 days of commencement of the programme.
Admissions will be offered based on following:
- Valid GATE score
- Written test to be conducted by School of Engineering and Applied Science, Ahmedabad University.
Admission to M.Tech programme will be offered based on valid GATE score in any of following:
- Computer Science / Information Technology / Electronics and Communication / Electrical Engineering / Instrumentation Engineering / Physics / Mathematics.
Candidates without valid GATE score will require to appear in the written test to be conducted by School of Engineering and Applied Science of Ahmedabad University. The merit list will be prepared based on valid GATE score and in case of vacancy, seats will be filled in on the basis of score of written test. The shortlisted candidates will be called for registration, document verification, payment of fees and the orientation program.
Selected candidates will be offered financial assistance on the basis of GATE scores or performance in the written test and will be provided monthly financial assistance of up to Rs. 12,400 a month during Monsoon and Winter semesters in the form of a teaching assistant-ship (TA-ship).
The successful students will be provided degree certificate as “M. Tech. (CSE) with specialization in ‘Data Science and Analytics”.
Official Website: ahduni.edu.in.
For more details about IET NRI Admission 2018 for M.Tech Course – Download Information Brochure.
Insofar, only official details and application form of IET NRI Admission 2018 for M.Tech Course has been announced. Information of B.Tech course is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Ahmedabad University releases IET NRI Admission 2018 for B.Tech Course information brochure, details will be updated here.