IGNOU MBA Entrance Test 2019 – For admission in IGNOU MBA and Specialisation Post Graduate Diploma Programmes in the academic session 2020, the candidates have to qualify the IGNOU MBA Entrance Test 2019. The entrance exam is called OPENMAT and it is held twice a year. The first IGNOU MBA Entrance Test 2019 is OPENMAT XLVI and the second one is OPENMAT XLVII. The OPENMAT XLVI exam date is July 27, 2019. All the details regarding application form, eligibility criteria, selection process, etc. are given below.
IGNOU MBA Entrance Test 2019
National Testing Agency (NTA) is conducting OPENMAT XLVI and XLVII. The candidates can check the dates for the same in the table below:
|Event||OPENMAT XLVI||OPENMAT XLVII|
|Registration starts||17 Jun 2019||Feb 2020|
|Registration ends||to be announced|
|Form correction||02 – 03 Jul 2019||to be announced|
|Admit Card||to be announced|
|Exam date||27 Jul 2019||to be announced|
|Result||to be announced||to be announced|
- OPENMAT XLVI: The first OPENMAT exam is held in the month of July 2019 for admission in the 1st Sem. 2020 (January 2020) and 2nd Sem. 2020 (July 2020).
- OPENMAT XLVII: The second exam is held in the month of February 2020 for admission in 1st Sem. 2020 (July 2020) and 2nd Sem. 2021 (January 2021).
OPENMAT XLVI & XLVII Admit Card 2019
The Admit Card is issued to the candidates in the online mode only. The admit card of OPENMAT 2019 has important information like the exam center address and the date and shift (Timing) of the entrance test. No candidate is allowed to appear at the examination center, on Date and Timings other than that allotted to them in their Admit card. In case candidates are unable to download Admit Cards from the website, the candidate should approach the Help Line between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm before the exam day.
New in IGNOU MBA Entrance Test 2019 – OPENMAT XLVI & XLVII
- National Testing Agency (NTA) is conducting IGNOU MBA Entrance Test 2019 – OPENMAT XLVI & XLVII for admission in the 2020-21 session. Read more
- The exam is to be held in the online mode.
OPENMAT XLVI & XLVII Application Form 2019
Candidates can apply for OPENMAT 2019 in the online mode only at ntaignou.nic.in. The candidates can check the steps below to know how to apply for OPENMAT 2019:
1st step: Registration
2nd step: Fill in the complete Application Form
3rd step: Uploading of scanned images & Selection of Centres
4th step: Make the application fee payment
5th step: Print at least four copies of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee
Mode of the application fee payment: Through Debit/Credit card or via net banking
Application fee: The application fees is Rs. 600/-
OPENMAT XLVI & XLVII Eligibility Criteria 2019
The candidates can check below the OPENMAT XLVI & XLVII eligibility criteria
- Graduation in any discipline with 50% marks for general category/45% for reserved category, with 3 years managerial/supervisory/professional experience.
- There is no age limit for admission to the MBA programme conducted by IGNOU.
IGNOU OPENMAT XLVI & XLVII Exam Pattern
The candidates can check below the exam pattern of IGNOU OPENMAT XLVI & XLVII
Duration: The total time of the test is 180 Minutes.
Number of questions: The total number of questions in the test is 200.
Marking Scheme: Each question carries one march each.
Negative Marking: There is no negative marking in this examination
Maximum Marks: Test have maximum marks of 200.
|Section Name||Number of Questions|
Exam Centers For IGNOU OPENMAT 2019
The candidates can chcek below the name of 106 cities where the IGNOU OPENMAT XLVI is to be held:
|ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR||PORT BLAIR|
|JAMMU & KASHMIR||Jammu|
|JAMMU & KASHMIR||Srinagar|
|UTTAR PRADESH||Noida/Gr Noida|
Syllabus For IGNOU OPENMAT XLVI & XLVII
The candidates can check below the section wise topics from which the questions are framed in the exam:
- Current AffairsIndia: Constitution, Government, Laws, Famous People, Achievements, Organisations, History, Geography, Economy, Politics, States.
- World: Countries, Organisations, Leaders, World Economy, Summits.
- Science: Physics, Biology, Chemistry basic concepts, and application.
- Industry: Statistics, CEO etc
- Trade: Export, Import, balance of trade etc.
- Assertion and reasons
- Cause and Effect
- Coding and decoding
- Critical reasoning
- Family tree
- Statements and assumptions
- Statements and conclusions
- Symbol Based problems
- Visual reasoning etc.
- Ratios and Proportions
- LCM, HCF
- Permutations, combinations,
- Arithmetic Progression, Geometric Progression
- Geometry, Number Systems, Trigonometry etc.
- Reading and Comprehension
- Fill in the blanks
- Sentence Correction
- Antonyms etc.
How to prepare for the IGNOU OPENMAT 2019
The candidates can check below the tips on how they can prepare for the entrance exam. There is no negative marking in the exam, therefore, the candidates have a higher chance of qualifying the exam.
- For general awareness section, read newspapers like The Hindu, Indian Express etc they have good quality articles and other interesting news.
- Refer to any online site as they good monthly current affairs pdf, you can revise them any time.
- Make notes any news like awards, latest events etc.
- For static GK, Give test regularly or refer to any good book like Lucent.
Reasoning/ Quantitative Ability
- For this section, refer online tests and youtube videos and search for different ways to attempt the question and then check what is easiest for you.
- You can also refer CAT, CMAT books as they have very rich content that can help you crack OPENMAT easily.
- For verbal ability, take a reference from books like S.P. Bakshi etc.
- For comprehension, improve your reading by going through different types of articles. Read pieces from politics, philosophy, economics, science, industry, commerce etc.
- For Grammar, give a test daily. Even more, read exceptions in grammar as most of the questions comes from here only.
IGNOU OPENMAT XLVI & XLVII Result 2019
The candidates can check the result of the OPENMAT 2019 entrance exam online at the official website of NTA. The procedure to download the result online is simple, you just have to enter the “Enrollment number” on the result link of the official website. After qualifying the IGNOU OPENMAT 2019, fill Admission Form 2 to confirm your admission for the new academic session of the MBA program.
Management Programme Offered via IGNOU OPENMAT XLVI & XLVII
IGNOU Invites applications for the following Degree/Diploma Programmes in Management:
- Master of Business Administration.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Operations Management.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Markets Practice.
IGNOU Reservation Policy 2019
The University provides reservation of seats for candidates as per the Government of India rules, for
admission to its various programmes. Hence, candidates who will have the reservation are:
- Scheduled Castes
- Scheduled Tribes
- The non-creamy layer of OBC
- War Widows
- Kashmiri Migrants
- Physically Handicapped
IGNOU MBA Entrance Test FAQs
Indira Gandhi National Open University is a distance and open learning University. It offers various certificates, degrees and diploma courses. The programs focus on the improvement of skills and diversification of Knowledge. The students enrolled here are given a counseling center where they have to coordinate until the completion of their course. The university has a credit system where each amounts to 30 hours of learning materials.
Official Website: ignou.ac.in
For more information brochure regarding IGNOU MBA Entrance Test 2019 – OPENMAT XLVI & XLVII Download Here.