IGNOU UG & PG Admission Jan 2020 – Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) will released the notification on the official website ignou.ac.in for admission into various U.G & P.G courses. IGNOU UG & PG Admissions 2020 will held twice in a year. Candidates willing to take admission in Jan 2020 must fulfill the eligibility criteria given by University. They also have to submit the documents before the due to date for admission. For more information about IGNOU UG PG Admission Jan 2020 from the page below.
IGNOU UG & PG Admission Jan 2020
Indira Gandhi National Open University is one of the Mega-University in the World. Interested candidates can check the tentative dates from the table below:
|IGNOU UG & PG Admission Jan 2020||Tentative Dates|
|Start date for applying Online||02 week of Dec 2019|
|Last date for Registration||02 week of Feb 2020|
Courses Offered in IGNOU UG & PG Admission 2020
Candidates can check the courses offered by the IGNOU in U.G and P.G programmes from below:
Master’s Degree Programme
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Master of Science(Food Nutrition)
- MA (Rural Development)
- Master of Science (Counselling and Family Therapy)
- Master of Tourism and Travel Management (MTTM)
- MA (English)
- MA (Hindi)
- Master of Social Work (MSW)
- Master of Social Work (Counseling)
- MA (Philosophy)
- MA (Economics)
- MA (History)
- MA (Political Science)
- MA (Public Administration)
- MA (Sociology)
- MA (Gandhi & Peace Studies)
- MA (Psychology)
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)
- MA (Anthropology)
- MA (Development Studies); MA(Adult Education)
- MA (Gender & Development Studies)
- MA(Women and Gender Studies)
- MA (Distance Education)
- Master of Commerce (M.Com)
- MA (Translation Studies)
Bachelor’s Degree Programme
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- Bachelor of Library & Information Science (BLIS)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA); Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)
IGNOU UG & PG Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are required to fulfill the eligibility for admission. Candidates can check the criteria given by the University from below:
- U.G Programmes – For all U.G programmes, candidates who have completed and passed 10+2 or any equivalent examination from any recognized Board can apply for the U.G programmes online.
- P.G Programmes – For all P.G programmes, candidates who have completed Bachelor’s from any recognized University can apply for any P.G programme .
IGNOU UG & PG Admission 2020 Application Form
Application form will be available on the official site as per the schedule candidates can apply online from the official website only. Candidates are required to create their login ID and Password by registering their details , mobile number and Email Id. Programme fee can be paid online using payment online Gateway. Once the fee is paid, submit the admission form. After that,once admission is confirmed, candidates will receive the message on the registered mobile number and email ID.
How to apply –
- Go to the official website of the IGNOU and Click on the button “REGISTER YOURSELF” in the applicant login.
- Fill the required registration details like Name, Mobile Number, email ID, course etc. and creat a password between 8 to 16 characters long.
- After filling the mandatory information click the “SUBMIT” button. and you will receive a username and password created by you via e-mail and SMS.
- Then pay the application Fee along with course fee online. and download the fee receipt for future references.
- It is suggested to scan documents from your originals. Once you have uploaded the document, click the next button you will get the Form preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference.
Application Fee – Course fee and application fee is to be paid together in order to get admission in IGNOU . The expected Admission fee is :
- Rs. 200 (as per last year)
Mode of Payments –
- Fee can be paid by following methods:
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net Banking
- ATM Card(PNB)
Documents to be uploaded during Registration –
- Scanned Photograph
- Scanned Signature
- Scanned copy of Age Proof
- Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualification
- Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate (if any)
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC
- Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line
Image Specification – Candidates have to upload documents, images in their mentioned below prescribed format only:
|Photograph||less than 100 KB|
|Signature||less than 100 Kb|
IGNOU UG & PG Admission 2020 Procedure
After the online registration, students will receive a confirmation message for admission from the University. After that candidates are required to report at the nearer study centre along with original copies of documents uploaded in the application form.In case of any discrepancy in the Admission Form, the prospective students are advised to remove the discrepancy within a stipulated time.If a candidates fails to do so, this might will lead to rejection of admission form.
If a candidates won’t report for the verification process before or on the due date, his/her admission will liable to get cancelled.
Original Documents to be Carry for Verification –
- Age proof
- Relevant Education Qualification Documents
- Experience Certificate (if any)
- Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC
- BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line
|Master of Computer Applications (MCA)||Rs. 10,800/-( per sem)|
|Master of Science(Food Nutrition)||Rs. 16,200/- (per year)|
|MA (Rural Development)||Rs. 5,400/- (per year)|
|Master of Science (Counselling and Family Therapy)||Rs. 16,800/- (per year)|
|Master of Tourism and Travel Management (MTTM)||Rs. 5,400/- (per year)|
|MA (English)||Rs.5,400/- (per year)|
|MA (Hindi)||Rs. 5,400/- (per year)|
|Master of Social Work (MSW)||RS.16,200/- (per year)|
|Master of Social Work (Counseling)||Rs. 18,200/- (per year)|
|MA (Philosophy)||Rs.5,400/- (per year)|
|MA (Economics)||Rs 9,000/- (per year)|
|MA (History)||Rs. 7,200/- (per year)|
|MA (Political Science)||Rs.5,400/- (per year)|
|MA (Public Administration)||Rs.5,400/- (per year)|
|MA (Sociology)||Rs.5,400/- (per year)|
|MA (Gandhi & Peace Studies)||Rs.5,400/- (per year)|
|MA (Psychology)||Rs.5,400/- (per year)|
|Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)||Rs. 7,800/- (per year)|
|MA (Anthropology)||Rs. 5,400/- (per year)|
|MA (Development Studies)||Rs. 8,400/- (per year)|
|MA (Gender & Development Studies)||Rs. 5,400/- (per year)|
|MA(Women and Gender Studies)||Rs. 7,200/- (per year)|
|MA (Distance Education)||Rs. 5,400/- (per year)|
|Master of Commerce (M.Com)||Rs. 6,600/- (per year)|
|Master of Science (Mathematics)||Rs. 6,600/- (per year)|
|Master of Arts (Translation Studies)||Rs. 5,400/- (per year)|
|MA(Adult Education)||Rs. 7,200/- (per year)|
|Bachelor of Computer Applications||Rs. 6000/-|
|Bachelor of Social Work||Rs. 4,800/-|
|Bachelor of Library and Information Sciences||Rs. 6,000/-|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (Retailing)||Rs. 9,000/-|
|Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme (BPP)||Rs.1,200/-|
] Indira Gandhi National Open University was established in 1985 by an Act of Parliament. It serve the Indian population by means of distance and open education, providing quality higher education opportunities to all segments of society. Recently IGNOU has 21 schools and a network of 67 regional centres, 2667 study centres, and 29 overseas centres (in 15 countries). It offers around 226 academic programs comprising courses at certificate, diploma and degree levels.
Official website: www.onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in
For more detail regarding the IGNOU UG & PG Admission January session, you can refer the previous year brochure, Download Information Brochure.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question. Is it compulsory to provide Mobile Number and Email Id before submitting an admission form online?
Answer. Yes, it is compulsory to register with our Online Admission System by providing Mobile Number and Email ID
Ques. Can I use one E-mail address to fill multiple admission forms?
Yes, candidates can use one E-mail address to fill multiple admission forms.
Ques. How should I pay the programme fee?
Programme fee for online Admission can be paid through credit/debit card/ net banking.
Ques. Payment has been deducted from Credit Card/Debit Card/ my account but I have not received any confirmation. What should I do?
In such case candidates, please email the transaction details including your name, programme opted, mobile number, amount paid etc. to the Online Admission Support Team or submit your request to IGNOU
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.