Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST), Shibpur has been released a notification for admission to the Ph.D. programme in July 2019 cycle. The Application Form of IIEST Shibpur Ph.D. Admission 2019 is available on May 03, 2019, eligible candidates apply online through the official website. Admission to the Ph.D. programme offered by different departments/schools and centres are done twice in a year. Interested & eligible candidates can read the all necessary information regarding IIEST Shibpur Ph.D. Admission 2019 such as application form, eligibility criteria, fee details and many more on from this page.
IIEST Shibpur Ph.D. Admission 2019
All the academic units (Departments/Schools and Centres) offer Ph.D. programme and the admission is made through a common admission test followed by a written test(screening) and technical interview at the concerned units. For details see the admission announcement.
Schedule of Ph.D. Admission in IIEST 2019 Shibpur is given below.
|Opening date for application.||03 May 2019|
|Last date of application||02 Jun 2019|
|Download of Admit card for Written test||One week after successful payment of submitted online application till 9th June 2019|
|Date of Entrance Test Written test (for screening) examination, July cycle 2019||26 Jun 2019|
|Publication of written test (for screening) result||To be notified in the Official website of Institute’s|
|Date(s) for the Interview/ counseling|
|Publication of names of the selected candidates for admission|
|Date of Admission|
IIIEST Shibpur Ph.D. Application Form 2019
Applicants seeking admission under this scheme are required to apply online through the admission portal available on the website (www.iiests.ac.in) on or before the last date of application. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other condition before filling the online application. Candidates can also fill their application from the direct link provided below.
The application fee is Rs. 1500/- for OC/OBC(NCL)/EWS and Rs. 1000/- for SC/ST/PwD candidates. The candidates are advised to read each and every instruction given in this Information Brochure very carefully before applying online.
How to apply Application Form?
There is a certain procedure for filling the application form online from the official website. Candidates must go through the following steps to know the procedure.
- Register with your Email ID and Login to the online submission system at www.iiests.ac.in.
- Fill up the ONLINE application form with appropriate data. Please note that you have to upload your documents wherever it is required to validate your information along with your digital photograph and signature
- Make PAYMENT and SUBMIT Application. Payment of application fee has to be made through online payment gateway only.
- Take PRINT OUT of your submitted application. Download the Admit Card for written test (for screening) as per the schedule is given below. This printed application may be retained with you for future requirement. (a)All candidate must carry a valid Photo ID proof issued by the Government agency. (b)The print out of the generated application form must be submitted in the Examination Hall of written test (for applicants in the Institute fellowship category). (c) For other categories, the applicants must submit the print out of the generated application form during Interview(s) / counseling.
Note: Applicants not sending any hard copy of the application is required.
Minimum qualifications for all categories:
Candidates possessing M.Tech. / M.E. / M.Sc.(Engg.) / M.Arch. / M.U.R.P. / M.Plan. / M.T.R.P. / M.Sc. / M.A. / M.Phil. or an equivalent postgraduate degree in the relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on a ten point scale (throughout from class X to the qualifying degree) are eligible to apply for admission in the relevant departments. For SC/ST/ Person with Disability (PwD) category, a minimum 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on 10 point scale (throughout from class X to the qualifying degree) is required.
Note: CGPA will not be converted into percentage marks and vice versa.
Age: For Institute scholarship: Maximum age limit prescribed for the award of Institute Fellowship Category is 28 years as on 1st July 2019. Relaxation in upper age limit of 05 years is applicable for SC/ST/Persons with Disability (PwD) and Female applicants (i.e. 33 years as on 1st July 2019). For other categories of admission to Ph.D. Program, the age limit shall be as per guidelines of the funding agency.
- A written test (for screening) shall be conducted for all eligible candidates. The duration of the test will be one and half hour following MCQ pattern with 100 marks, out of which 70% questions will be from the subject area (in which the candidate has qualified GATE / NET), 20% questions will test the analytical ability and 10% questions for proficiency in English. In the test, each question will carry 01 (one) mark for a correct answer, zero if not attempted, zero for multiple selections and a negative mark of 0.25 for each incorrect answer.
- Any unforeseen issue(s) arising out of the process will be resolved by the Institute within its provisions and its decision in all such matters will be final and binding.
- The questions will be set as per the national standard for graduate level in the respective branch.
Syllabus for IEST Shibpur Ph.D. Admission (July) 2019 is given below:
The Institute fellowships are available in the following Departments/Centres/Schools is given below:
Official website: http://online.iiests.ac.in:1977/StudentService/ApplicationPhd.jsp
To Know More Details Information Regarding IIEST Shibpur Ph.D. Admission (July) 2019 – Download Official Information.