Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST), Shibpur has released a notification for admission to the Ph.D programme in July 2018 cycle. Admission to the Ph.D programme offered by different departments/schools and centres are done twice in a year. Interested & eligible candidates can read the all necessary information regarding IIEST Shibpur PhD Admission 2018 such as application form, eligibility criteria, fee details and many more on from this page.
IIEST Shibpur Ph.D Admission 2018
IAll the academic units (Departments/Schools and Centres) offer PhD programme and the admission is made through a common admission test followed by technical interview at the concerned units. For details see the admission announcement.
Schedule of PhD Admission in IIEST 2018 Shibpur is given below.
|Opening date for application.||02 Jul 2018|
|Last date of application||17 Jul 2018|
|Publication of the list of eligible candidates for Test||19 Jul 2018|
|Date of Entrance Test||25 Jul 2018|
|Publication of names of the shortlisted candidates for interview||02 Aug 2018|
|Date(s) for the Interview||06 Aug 2018|
|Publication of names of the selected candidates for admission||10 Aug 2018|
|Date of Admission||13 Aug 2018|
IIIEST Shibpur Ph.D Application Form 2018
Applicants seeking admission under this scheme are required to apply on-line through the admission portal available on the website (www.iiests.ac.in) on or before the last date of application. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other condition before filling the online application. Candidates can also fill their application from the direct link provided below.
Note: An applicant may make separate applications (with separate draft for each application) to more than one unit if he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria for that unit.
Applicants need to pay Rs. 500/- (Rs. 250/- for the SC/ST/PwD/Women candidates) by demand draft/pay order addressed to “The Registrar, IIEST, Shibpur” and payable at Kolkata.
The draft (details given by the candidate in the application form) along with the copy of the completed application form together will be treated as admit card and the draft(s) would be collected from the candidates during the test.
- B.E/B.Tech and M.E./M. Tech in the respective branch with at least 60 percent marks or equivalent grade or at least 6.5 CGPA on the scale of 10, throughout her/his academic career. It is mandatory for the applicant to have got admitted to the preceeding M.Tech program through GATE only. No intermediate GATE score would be entertained. B.E/B.Tech candidate, in exceptional case, seeking admission to the programme should have at least 80% or 8.5 CGPA on the scale of 10 throughout her/his academic career and a valid GATE score.
- Bachelor of Architecture, and, Master of Architecture or Master of Planning or Master of Design (or their equivalent) with 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on the scale of 10 throughout his/her academic career. It is essential that the applicant admitted to the M.Arch./ M.Plan./ M.Des. programme must have been through GATE or CEED, as is applicable. No intermediate GATE/CEED score will be entertained. Bachelor of Architecture candidates seeking admission should have 80% or 8.5 CGPA on the scale of 10 throughout her/his academic career and a valid GATE/CEED score.
- Post Graduate Degree in basic Science with NET/GATE/SLET qualification or Graduate Degree in Professional Course with NET/GATE/SLET qualification or Post Graduate Degree in Professional Courses.Minimum marks required in the qualifying degree examination is 60% or equivalent CGPA.
- Graduate Degree holder in professional course may apply in exceptional cases and required to take more courses to fulfill the prerequisite as per our regulations
- For candidates other than post graduate in professional courses NET/GATE/SLET is a must for getting the scholarship]
Desirable: Matching specialization in the Master degree as per the broad area of research as specified by the department/school/center is desired.
Age: For Institute scholarship: 32 years as on 1 July 2018.
No age bar for the candidates who wants to pursue the PhD programme without any scholarship as self sponsored candidate. They will not have any claim to institute scholarship.
[Note: For SC/ST/PwD and women candidates an overall minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent in the Grade point system) and an age relaxation up to 5 years are applicable].
- An admission test shall be conducted for all eligible candidates. The duration of the test will be one hour following MCQ pattern with 100 marks, out of which 70% questions will be from the subject area, 20% questions will test the analytical ability and 10% proficiency in English. In the test each question will carry 2( two) mark for correct answer, zero if not attempted and a negative mark of 0.5 for each incorrect answer. Any fuzziness in chosssing the answer or multiple selections etc. leads to an award of 0.5 negative mark for that question.
- The questions will be set as per the national standard for graduate level in the respective branch.
- The cut-off marks, in any circumstances, for a qualifying candidate to be called for the interview will not be less than 25% of the total marks.
Documents for Admissions
The candidates are supposed to show the original mark-sheets and certificates and submit the copies of the following:
- M.E/M.Tech/M.Sc/MA mark-sheet (Appropriate Master Degree Mark-sheet/certificate) or B.E/B. Tech certificate (as the case may be)
- GATE/NET/SLET Score card/Selection letter; if applicable
- Proof of date of birth.
- Community certificate (SC/ST) from a competent authority; if any
- PWD certificate from the competent authority
- Migration Certificate (in original)
Syllabus for IEST Shibpur PhD Admission (July) 2018 is given below:
Official website: www.iiests.ac.in
To Know More Details Information Regarding IIEST Shibpur PhD Admission (July) 2018 – Download Official Information.