IIEST Shibpur Ph.D Admission December 2020 – Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST), Shibpur offers admission to the Ph.D programme twice a year i.e. July and December terms. Eligible candidates seeking admission under this scheme by applying online from the official website, which is iiests.ac.in on or before the last date of application. Interested & eligible candidates can read the all necessary information regarding IIEST Shibpur Ph.D. Admission 2020 such as application form, eligibility criteria, fee details and many more from this page.
Latest: IIEST Shibpur has released the notice for online interview of shortlisted candidates for admission to Ph.D. Programme December 2020 Cycle. Scroll down to check.
IIEST Shibpur Ph.D Admission December 2020 – 2021
All the academic units (Departments/Schools and Centres) offer Ph.D programme and the admission is made through a common admission test followed by a written test(screening) and technical interview at the concerned units. For details see the admission announcement.
Schedule of Ph.D. Admission in IIEST 2020 Shibpur is given below.
|Opening date for application.||Available|
|Last date of application||15 Mar 2021|
|Date(s) for the Online Interview||07 – 12 June 2021|
IIEST Shibpur Ph.D Admission December 2020 Online Interview for Shortlisted Candidates
Online Selection Process for admission to Ph.D. program December 2020 cycle is scheduled to be held during 07 June to 12 June, 2021. The interview will be conducted in Google meet video conference platform. Candidates have the sole responsibility to be present in the online interview/counseling process with video on facility on the scheduled date and time. Mails containing the interview schedule would also be sent to each of the short-listed applicants. Online link will be sent before the interview/ counseling to the candidates email.
- Click here to check notice for Online Interview of shortlisted candidates.
IIEST Shibpur Ph.D Admission December 2020 Application Form
Applicants seeking admission under this scheme are required to apply online through the admission portal available on the website, i.e. iiests.ac.in on or before the last date of application. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other condition before filling the online application. Candidates can also fill their application from the direct link, which is provided below.
Application Process is over now.
Apply Online: Click here to fill the application form for December 2020 Session.
Application Fees – Applicants need to pay the requiste amount of Application is given below the category wise.
- For General Category (OC/OBC(NCL)/EWS) Candidates – Rs. 1500/-
- For Reserved Category (SC/ST/PwD) Candidates – Rs. 1000/-
How to apply Application Form?
There is a certain procedure for filling the application form online from the official website. Candidates must go through the following steps to know the procedure.
- Register with your Email ID and log in to the online submission system at http://www.iiests.ac.in.
- Fill up the ONLINE application form with appropriate data. Please note that you have to upload your documents wherever it is required to validate your information along with your digital photograph and signature
- Make PAYMENT and SUBMIT Application. Payment of application fee has to be made through online payment gateway only.
- Take PRINT OUT of your submitted application. Download the Admit Card for written test (for screening) as per the schedule is given below. This printed application may be retained with you for future requirement. (a)All candidate must carry a valid Photo ID proof issued by the Government agency. (b)The print out of the generated application form must be submitted in the Examination Hall of written test (for applicants in the Institute fellowship category). (c) For other categories, the applicants must submit the print out of the generated application form during Interview(s) / counselling.
Note: Applicants not sending any hard copy of the application is required.
IIEST Shibpur Ph.D Admission December 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Minimum qualifications for all categories:
Candidates possessing M.Tech. / M.E. / M.Sc.(Engg.) / M.Arch. / M.U.R.P. / M.Plan. / M.T.R.P. / M.Sc. / M.A. / M.Phil. or an equivalent postgraduate degree in the relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on a ten point scale (throughout from class X to the qualifying degree) are eligible to apply for admission in the relevant departments. For SC/ST/ Person with Disability (PwD) category, a minimum 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on 10 point scale (throughout from class X to the qualifying degree) is required.
Note: CGPA will not be converted into percentage marks and vice versa.
Age: For Institute scholarship: Maximum age limit prescribed for the award of Institute Fellowship Category is 30 years as on July 31, 2020. Relaxation in upper age limit of 05 years is applicable for SC/ST/Persons with Disability (PwD) and Female applicants (i.e. 35 years as on July 31, 2020). For other categories of admission to Ph.D. Program, the age limit shall be as per guidelines of the funding agency.
IIEST Shibpur Ph.D Admission December 2020 Admit Card
IIEST Shibpur will release admit card for admission to the Ph.D programme on the official website. To download the admit card candidates need login id and password. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website or from the direct link which will be provided below.
IIEST Shibpur Ph.D Admission December 2020 Exam Pattern
- A written test (for screening) shall be conducted for all eligible candidates. The duration of the test will be one and half hour following MCQ pattern with 100 marks, out of which 70% questions will be from the subject area (in which the candidate has qualified GATE / NET), 20% questions will test the analytical ability and 10% questions for proficiency in English. In the test, each question will carry 01 (one) mark for a correct answer, zero if not attempted, zero for multiple selections and a negative mark of 0.25 for each incorrect answer.
- Any unforeseen issue(s) arising out of the process will be resolved by the Institute within its provisions, and its decision in all such matters will be final and binding.
- The questions will be set as per the national standard for graduate-level in the respective branch.
IIEST Shibpur Ph.D Admission December 2020 Seat Intake
The Institute fellowships are available in the following Departments/Centres/Schools is given below:
IIEST Shibpur Ph.D. Admission Fee Structure
Research scholar shall be required to pay the following academic fees at the time of admission. Candidates check the details fee stricture is given below the table.
|Particulars||Fee Amount (INR)|
|Research scholar Activity Fee||500|
|Infrastructure Maintenance Fee||2,500|
|Institute Caution Money||3,000|
Official website: iiests.ac.in
To Know More Details Information Regarding IIEST Shibpur Ph.D. Admission (December) 2020 – Download Official Information.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.