Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST), Shibpur – Admission to the Ph.D. programme offered by different departments/schools and centres are done twice in a year. Eligible candidates seeking admission under this scheme can apply online from the official website i.e www.iiests.ac.in on or before the last date of application. Interested & eligible candidates can read the all necessary information regarding IIEST Shibpur Ph.D. Admission 2020 such as application form, eligibility criteria, fee details and many more on from this page.
IIEST Shibpur Ph.D. Admission 2020
All the academic units (Departments/Schools and Centres) offer Ph.D. programme and the admission is made through a common admission test followed by a written test(screening) and technical interview at the concerned units. For details see the admission announcement.
Schedule of Ph.D. Admission in IIEST 2020 Shibpur is given below.
|Opening date for application.||First week of May 2020|
|Last date of application||First week of Jun 2020|
|Download of Admit card for Written test||Second week of June 2020|
|Date of Entrance Test Written test (for screening) examination, July cycle 2020||Last week of Jun 2020|
|Publication of written test (for screening) result||Last week of June 2020|
|Date(s) for the Interview/ counseling||Last week of June 2020|
Minimum qualifications for all categories:
Candidates possessing M.Tech. / M.E. / M.Sc.(Engg.) / M.Arch. / M.U.R.P. / M.Plan. / M.T.R.P. / M.Sc. / M.A. / M.Phil. or an equivalent postgraduate degree in the relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA on a ten point scale (throughout from class X to the qualifying degree) are eligible to apply for admission in the relevant departments. For SC/ST/ Person with Disability (PwD) category, a minimum 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on 10 point scale (throughout from class X to the qualifying degree) is required.
Note: CGPA will not be converted into percentage marks and vice versa.
Age: For Institute scholarship: Maximum age limit prescribed for the award of Institute Fellowship Category is 28 years as on 1st July 2020. Relaxation in upper age limit of 05 years is applicable for SC/ST/Persons with Disability (PwD) and Female applicants (i.e. 33 years as on 1st July 2020). For other categories of admission to Ph.D. Program, the age limit shall be as per guidelines of the funding agency.
IIIEST Shibpur Ph.D. Application Form 2020
Applicants seeking admission under this scheme are required to apply online through the admission portal available on the website (www.iiests.ac.in) on or before the last date of application. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other condition before filling the online application. Candidates can also fill their application from the direct link provided below.
As per last year.
The application fee is Rs. 1500/- for OC/OBC(NCL)/EWS and Rs. 1000/- for SC/ST/PwD candidates. The candidates are advised to read each and every instruction given in this Information Brochure very carefully before applying online.
How to apply Application Form?
There is a certain procedure for filling the application form online from the official website. Candidates must go through the following steps to know the procedure.
- Register with your Email ID and Login to the online submission system at www.iiests.ac.in.
- Fill up the ONLINE application form with appropriate data. Please note that you have to upload your documents wherever it is required to validate your information along with your digital photograph and signature
- Make PAYMENT and SUBMIT Application. Payment of application fee has to be made through online payment gateway only.
- Take PRINT OUT of your submitted application. Download the Admit Card for written test (for screening) as per the schedule is given below. This printed application may be retained with you for future requirement. (a)All candidate must carry a valid Photo ID proof issued by the Government agency. (b)The print out of the generated application form must be submitted in the Examination Hall of written test (for applicants in the Institute fellowship category). (c) For other categories, the applicants must submit the print out of the generated application form during Interview(s) / counseling.
Note: Applicants not sending any hard copy of the application is required.
IIEST Shibpur Ph.D. Admit Card 2020
IIEST Shibpur will the released admit card for admission to the Ph.D. programme on the official website. To download the admit card candidates need login id and password. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website or from the direct link which will be provided below.
- A written test (for screening) shall be conducted for all eligible candidates. The duration of the test will be one and half hour following MCQ pattern with 100 marks, out of which 70% questions will be from the subject area (in which the candidate has qualified GATE / NET), 20% questions will test the analytical ability and 10% questions for proficiency in English. In the test, each question will carry 01 (one) mark for a correct answer, zero if not attempted, zero for multiple selections and a negative mark of 0.25 for each incorrect answer.
- Any unforeseen issue(s) arising out of the process will be resolved by the Institute within its provisions and its decision in all such matters will be final and binding.
- The questions will be set as per the national standard for graduate level in the respective branch.
Syllabus for IEST Shibpur Ph.D. Admission (July) 2020 is given below:
IIEST Shibpur Ph.D. List of Candidates for Admission
IIEST Shibpur will released the list of candidates selected for admission after the Interview. List will be released in a pdf format. This list contains the name of candidates along with their category. We will provide the direct link to check the same.
The Institute fellowships are available in the following Departments/Centres/Schools is given below:
As per last year.
Official website: www.iiests.ac.in
To Know More Details Information Regarding IIEST Shibpur Ph.D. Admission (July) 2020 – Download Official Information 2019 reference purpose.