Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST), Shibpur has released a notification for admission to the Ph.D programme in July 2017 cycle. Admission to the Ph.D programme offered by different departments/schools and centres are done twice in a year. Interested & eligible candidates can read the all necessary information regarding IIEST Shibpur PhD Admission 2017 such as application form, eligibility criteria, fee details and many more on from this page.
Latest: – List of Eligible candidates & schedule for Interview has been announced. Check all the details regarding interview below.
IIEST Shibpur Ph.D Admission 2017
IAll the academic units (Departments/Schools and Centres) offer PhD programme and the admission is made through a common admission test followed by technical interview at the concerned units. For details see the admission announcement.
Schedule of PhD Admission in IIEST 2017 Shibpur is given below.
|Opening date for application.||11 May 2017|
|Last date of application||25 May 2017|
|Publication of the list of eligible candidates for Test||01 Jun 2017|
|Date of Entrance Test : (11 AM to 12:30 PM)||09 Jun 2017|
|Publication of the result of the test||16 Jun 2017|
|Date(s) for the Interview||21 to 23 Jun 2017|
|Date of admission/enrollment||26-30 Jun 2017|
|Date of joining/commencement of the PhD prgramme||17 Jul 2017|
IIEST Shibpur Ph.D Shortlisted Candidates 2017
List of Eligible Candidates for the Ph.D Interview to be held as per the schedule provided below. The list of candidates can also be checked here. Candidates are advised to bring all mark-sheets (right from class 10 level to latest) and certificates including DOB and category (ST/ST etc.) for verification.
IIEST Shibpur Ph.D Interview Schedule
IIEST Shibpur Ph.D Application Form 2017
Applicants seeking admission under this scheme are required to apply on-line through the admission portal available on the website (www.iiests.ac.in) on or before the last date of application. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility and other condition before filling the online application. Candidates can also fill their application from the direct link provided below.
Note: An applicant may make separate applications (with separate draft for each application) to more than one unit if he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria for that unit.
Applicants need to pay Rs. 300/- (Rs. 150/- for the SC/ST/PwD/Women candidates) by demand draft/pay order addressed to “REGISTRAR, IIEST, Shibpur” and payable at Kolkata.
The draft (details given by the candidate in the application form) along with the copy of the completed application form together will be treated as admit card and the draft(s) would be collected from the candidates during the test.
- :Post Graduate Degree in basic Science with NET/GATE/SLET qualification or Graduate Degree in Professional Course with NET/GATE/SLET qualification or Post Graduate Degree in Professional Courses.Minimum marks required in the qualifying degree examination is 60% or equivalent CGPA.
- Graduate Degree holder in professional course may apply in exceptional cases and required to take more courses to fulfill the prerequisite as per our regulations
- For candidates other than post graduate in professional courses NET/GATE/SLET is a must for getting the scholarship]
Desirable: Matching specialization in the Master degree as per the broad area of research as specified by the department/school/center is desired.
Age: For Institute scholarship: 32 years as on 1 July 2017.
No age bar for the candidates who wants to pursue the PhD programme without any scholarship as self sponsored candidate. They will not have any claim to institute scholarship.
[Note: For SC/ST/PwD and women candidates an overall minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent in the Grade point system) and an age relaxation up to 5 years are applicable].
- A Common admission test for all candidates.
- Candidates applied for multiple units (dept./centre/school) need be appear in the common test and hand over all the drafts
- 1½ hr MCQ type with two and a half marks for each correct answer and minus half marks for each wrong answer.
- Question will be based on Secondary+ level Arithmetic, logical reasoning and English.
Documents for Admissions
Candidates selected for admission/enrollment (26 to 29 June, 2017) must come prepared with all original certificates for verification of documents. They are also supposed to submit the photocopies of all their certificates, two passport size photographs and certificate for the blood group. The programme starts on 17 July 2017.
The candidates are supposed to show the original mark-sheets and certificates and submit the copies of the following:
- M.E/M.Tech/M.Sc/MA mark-sheet (Appropriate Master Degree Mark-sheet/certificate) or B.E/B. Tech certificate (as the case may be)
- GATE/NET/SLET Score card/Selection letter; if applicable
- Proof of date of birth.
- Community certificate (SC/ST) from a competent authority; if any
- PWD certificate from the competent authority
- Migration Certificate (in original)
To Know More Details Regarding IIEST Shibpur PhD Admission (July) 2017 – Download Information Brochure.