IIFM PGDM Post Graduate Diploma in Forestry Management 2018 – Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM), Bhopal has issued a notification for admission to the fully residential two year PGDFM programme for the academic session 2018-20. It is open to graduates from any discipline provided he/she fulfils the eligibility criteria and qualifies through the selection process.
IIFM PGDM Admission 2018
Total Intake – 120
Schedule for IIFM PGDM Admission 2018 is given below.
|Starting date for CAT / XAT applicants||20 Oct 2017|
|Closing date for CAT applicants|
|Closing date for XAT applicants|
As IIFM PGDM Admission exams are over now, next step is personal interview. So, Indian Institue of Forest Management has released an interview schedule for the selected candidates and the list of selected candidates and general information for the same has been given below.
|Bhopal||Indian Institute of Forest Management, Nehru Nagar, Bhopal 462003||04, 05 & 06 Apr 2018||8.30 hrs.|
|New Delhi||03, 04, 05 & 06 Apr 2018|
Bangalore – 560003
|05 & 06 Apr 2018|
and Development, (IBRAD) Prafulla Kanan, Kestopur (JL-17),VIP Road, Kolkata 700101
|05 & 06 Apr 2018|
Selected candidates: Click here to check the list of selected candidates who have to appear for the interview.
- The candidates will be asked to write an Essay in 20 minutes on a topic which will be provided before the interview in order to evaluate their Written Aptitude Test (WAT).
- The candidates are required to report at the venue on the date and time allotted. Candidates reporting late will not be allowed to appear in the interview.
- The Candidates are required to bring one complete set of all the Mark-sheets/certificates such as Secondary, Higher Secondary, Graduation, Caste certificate (in case of SC/ST), latest Non-creamy OBC certificate (in case of Non-creamy OBC candidate), and Disability Certificate (incase of Differently Abled (DA) candidates) duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
- Candidates are required to bring a write up (not more than 1 page) on Statement of Purpose why you want to pursue PGDFM at IIFM and submit the same at the time of reporting.
- Please note that no TA/DA will be paid to you for attending the Interview.
- The call letter for the interview is also being issued separately. For any further query related to admission process, contact 0755-2763466, 2775046, 2775703, Extn. 339,349
Interested candidates are able to apply online or can also download the application form from the official website of the IIFM. Candidates are advised to fill the application form before the last date of the submission of the application form. Candidates must check the eligibility criteria at least once before applying. Direct link to fill the application form is also posted here for eligible candidates.
- Apply Online– Application process is over now.
Candidates have to apply online through www.iifm.ac.in/admission and remit the application fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 500/- for SC/ ST) through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net banking.
Offline Application Form
- Download Application Form– Application process is over now.
Download the application form from the IIFM’s website and send filled-in-form along with Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 500/- for SC/ST) with all attachments by speed post.
Obtain admission bulletin and the application form personally or by post by sending a Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 500 for SC/ST) in favour of Director, Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal.
Application complete in all respect including the CAT or XAT or both (if applicable) registration number should reach IIFM Bhopal on or before the last date mentioned in the schedule above.
- All applicants desirous of seeking admission in PGDFM at IIFM have to appear for Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIMs), by responding to their notification published in leading national dailies. IIFM will use the CAT score for short-listing the candidates for calling for GD/PI. IIMs have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
Have to appear for Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) conducted by XLRI, by responding to their notification published in leading national dailies. IIFM will use XAT score for short-listing the candidates for calling for GD/PI. XLRI have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
- In addition to CAT or XAT, the candidate also have to apply to IIFM separately.
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of CAT/XAT score, will be called for Group discussion and Interview at Bhopal, New Delhi, Bengaluru and Kolkata based on the choice of candidates, as mentioned in the Application Form. However, IIFM reserves the right on the allotment of choice of centre to the candidates.
A candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (it may also be referred to as Persons With Disability (PWD) categories), awarded by any of the universities incorporated by an Act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be Deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of Human resource Development, Government of India.
Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if he/she submits a certificate latest by June 30, 2018 from the Principal/Registrar of his/her College/Institute (issued on or before June 30, 2018) stating that the candidate has completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor’s degree/ equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.
Apply and appear for CAT 2017 or XAT 2018 examination. IIFM will use CAT/XAT score for short-listing the candidates. IIMs/XLRI have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
- SC – 15%
- ST – 7.5%
- Non-Creamy OBC – 27%
- Differently Abled categories – 3%
The candidates belonging to categories for which seats are reserved need to note and read the eligibility requirements carefully before applying. It should be noted that while it is the endeavor of IIFM that the candidate belonging to SC/ST/PWD(DA)/Non – Creamy OBC categories join the programme in proportions mandated by the law, they have to meet the minimum eligibility criteria and a certain minimum level of performance in the admission process.
IIFM provides high quality education at a reasonable cost. The total fee (Tuition + hostel) for the entire program is as follows:
- General / Non-creamy OBC / DA Candidates – Rs. 4,80,000/-
- SC / ST Candidates – Rs. 2,88,000/-
Established in 1982 as an autonomous institution under the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change, Government of India, IIFM was conceptualized in response to the recommendations of the National Commission on Agriculture.
The impetus generated by these recommendations culminated in an alliance with the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad through which the philosophy and raison d’erte of IIFM was evolved.
The Swedish International Development Agency also contributed financially and technically in establishing the Institute. Since its inception, IIFM has been home to some of the most brilliant young minds who are constantly raising the bar of excellence in this dynamic field. Situated in the City of Lakes, the Indian Institute of Forest Management, Bhopal is uniquely positioned in South Asia in its endeavour to blend the concepts of environment and development management with corporate management expertise.
For Detailed Information regarding IIFM PGDM Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure