IIFT 2020 Exam Pattern – For the first time, National Testing Agency (NTA) is conducting Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) admission test for MBA (IB). The Agency has made major changes in the exam pattern because now IIFT will be an online exam. Registration for IIFT 2020 exam will start in the month of September 2020.The exam will be held at all India level and candidates with more 50% marks in Graduation, and satisfying eligibility criteria can apply for the exam. Candidates who qualify IIFT 2020 will be called for Written Ability Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. For more details follow this page.
Changes in IIFT 2020?
Candidates can check here all the important updates and new addition in the IIFT entrance exam:
- One of the biggest change is that instead of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, NTA is conducting IIFT 2020 entrance exam. NTA is a very new body but since last year, it has taken over responsibility to hold major examination like CMAT, GPAT, JEE Main, NEET, and now IIFT.
- Another important change in the exam is that it will be held in online mode. Until last year, the exam exam was held in pen and paper mode.
- NTA has established “Test Practice Centers (TPCs)” across India to familiarise candidates with the Computer-based test. Candidates aspiring to appear for IIFT 2020 can appear in more than 4000 Schools/ engineering colleges on Saturday/ Sunday to take the mock test. It is free of cost and will start in the month of September.
Exam Pattern for IIFT 2020
Given below is the examination pattern for IIFT 2020. The candidates must familiarize themselves with the examination pattern before they start preparing for the exam, a candidate who is well acquainted with the examination process can prepare for the exam without wasting precious time.
- Mode of Examination : Online ( Computer based Test)
- Duration of Exam : 2 hours
- Total number of questions : Changes every year
- Language of Question paper : English
- Maximum Marks : 100
- Type of Questions : MCQ
- Negative Marking : 1/3rd of the allotted marks for each question
Marking Scheme of IIFT 2020
The marks are calculated on the basis of a set pattern of the exam, where each section of the question paper has a different number of question paper and a different amount of marks are allotted to each section of the question paper. The distribution of marks in each section are discussed in the table below:
|Sections||Total no. of questions||Marking Scheme|
IIFT 2020 Syllabus
The IIFT 2020 exam is going to be conducted on the basis of a predefined set of topics, the question paper is made using the topics given in the table below:
Verbal Ability : Questions shall be based on following topics :
- Idioms & Phrases
- Correction of Grammatical Errors in Sentence construction for underlined parts
- Placement of words at appropriate places
- Matching the prefix and suffix
- One word substitution
- Fill in the Blanks
- Jumbled sentences
- Figures of Speech
- Spelling Correction
Reading Comprehension : Questions are based on :
- Current Affairs – Business & Economy
- Social Scenario in the country
- International happenings and their impact on India
- Opinion Based Abstract topics
- Fact based data driven topics
General Awareness : IIFT Syllabus on GK places mix of questions on currencies, appointments, personalities, business and economy among others. Topics covered under this sections are :
- Matching the logos
- Question on English language usage like Make in India, Ease of doing business
- Matching the stock markets to countries
- Currency of the country
- Current Affairs
- Famous personalities endorsing the product for example ‘Which product not endorsed by Amitabh Bachchan as brand ambassador’
- Fictional Characters
- Books and Authors
- Business & Economy
Logical Reasoning : Questions are based on following
- Team based questions
- Coding – de Coding
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense
- Seating Arrangements
Quantitative Aptitude : Questions are based on following topics
- Simple Interest
- Man Days and work
- Filling of overhead tank
Geometry, Algebra, Log
- Rectangular Plank
- Diagonal distance
Other topics are Integers, Time, distance, speed/Time & work, Other Arithmetic questions, Algebra, Mensuration, Log theory, Geometry, Permutation combination
Data Interpretation : Question are based on
- Analysis and comparative study of Data Tables
- Charts and Graphs with Tables
- Pie Charts and Tables
- Bar Diagrams and Comparative Tables
IIFT 2020 WAT/GD/PI Round
Once a list of qualified candidates is released by IIFT, these selected candidates have to appear for the next round of selection for the final admission. The shortlisted candidates must appear at the allotted venue on the given date and time to appear for the next round. The candidates will receive an email on the registered email address describing the date, time and venue of the GD/PI/WAT round.
The candidates have to then participate in the Written Ability Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds for being eligible to be considered for the final admission. A merit list of final selected candidates is prepared on the basis of the candidate’s performance in this round
IIFT 2020 Important Books
Following are some important Books candidates can refer to for IIFT 2020 preparation :
|Important Books||Available at|
|IIFT Mock Tests and Solved Papers||Buy here|
|Study Guide for MBA||Buy here|
|MBA Solved Papers||Buy here|
|IIFT Solved Paper and Mock Test||Buy here|
|Comprehensive Guide for IIFT||Buy here|
How to Prepare for IIFT 2020?
The preparation for the round 1 of IIFT MBA IB Entrance Exam is similar to most MBA entrance examination. However because the MBA programme is focused on International Business, the entrance exam paper leans a little towards subject areas related to the topics. The candidates can follow the exam strategies given below:
- Focus first on your weaker areas and since the exam is divided in six sections the candidates must have an exam day strategy, recomments IIFT topper(2018) Harrshit Kansal.
- A proper time management is the strategy to be followed in the exam hall to save time for rechecking of answers.
- Divide your day in sections to focus on new problems, mock tests and revision of topics studied earlier, says 2017 topper, Pranay Das.
- A proper study schedule and managing time while self study is the most important aspect of cracking the IIFT MBA Entrance Exam, according to 2017 topper, Siddharth Tripathi.
- Attempt as many mock tests, and online tests as possible before appearing for the final exam, recommends Manan Shah, the 2017 IIFT topper.
- Study newspapers carefully everyday and keep yourself aware of the current events of at least the past one year.
- Focus on your calculation speed and accuracy through regular practice, which will result in positive results, says 2017 topper Deep Vashi.
About IIFT 2020
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) admission test for MBA (IB) is now conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). Admission in IIFT is based on the basis of Written Test, Group Discussion,Writing Skills Assessment and Interview. The process of Admission will be applicable equally for admission to Delhi, Kolkata and Kakinada Campuses. IIFT shall be conducted in online mode (Computer based Test).Candidates aspiring to appear for IIFT 2020 can appear in more than 4000 Schools/ engineering colleges.
National Testing Agency (NTA) has been established as a premier, specialist, autonomous and self-sustained testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for admission/fellowship in higher educational institutions. NTA is the conducting body for Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) admission test for MBA (IB) for the year 2020. The National Testing Agency is entrusted to address best in every field, from test preparation, to test delivery and to test marking.IIFT 2020
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.