IIFT Exam Pattern 2021 – The exam pattern of the IIFT entrance exam keeps on changing every year in the terms of the number of questions asked. The exam is being held online since last year when NTA started to conduct it. The exam is held in English language. The questions asked in the exam are generally asked from English Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and Quantitative Analysis. To know more details on IIFT exam pattern 2021 by NTA, read below.
IIFT Exam Pattern 2021
The exam pattern of and the scheme of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade entrance exam is given below:
|Name of the exam||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade entrance exam 2021|
|Purpose of the exam||For admission in Master of Business Administration|
(International Business) in IIFT
|Conducted by||The National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Mode of the exam||Computer Based Test only|
|Conducted in languages||In English only|
|Topics asked in the exam||Quantitative Analysis|
Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
|Duration of the test||2 hours|
|Total questions in the exam||changes every year|
Changes in IIFT Entrance Exam
NTA started conducting IIFT entrance exam from the last session. With the NTA takeover, there was one major change introduced. The change is regarding the mode of exam. Until 2019, the exam was held as a pen and paper-based test. From 2020, NTA took it online and since then the paper is being held a computer-based test (CBT).
IIFT 2021 Syllabus
NTA or IIFT does not provide a syllabus for the IIFT entrance test 2021. However, based on the past few years question papers, candidates can get a general idea of what topics are asked in the exam each year and prepare accordingly. Some of th most asked topics in IIFT entrance exam are as follows:
Verbal Ability : Questions shall be based on following topics :
- Idioms & Phrases
- Correction of Grammatical Errors in Sentence construction for underlined parts
- Placement of words at appropriate places
- Matching the prefix and suffix
- One word substitution
- Fill in the Blanks
- Jumbled sentences
- Figures of Speech
- Spelling Correction
Reading Comprehension : Questions are based on :
- Current Affairs – Business & Economy
- Social Scenario in the country
- International happenings and their impact on India
- Opinion Based Abstract topics
- Fact based data driven topics
General Awareness : IIFT Syllabus on GK places mix of questions on currencies, appointments, personalities, business and economy among others. Topics covered under this sections are :
- Matching the logos
- Question on English language usage like Make in India, Ease of doing business
- Matching the stock markets to countries
- Currency of the country
- Current Affairs
- Famous personalities endorsing the product for example ‘Which product not endorsed by Amitabh Bachchan as brand ambassador’
- Fictional Characters
- Books and Authors
- Business & Economy
Logical Reasoning : Questions are based on following
- Team based questions
- Coding – de Coding
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense
- Seating Arrangements
Quantitative Aptitude : Questions are based on following topics
- Simple Interest
- Man Days and work
- Filling of overhead tank
Geometry, Algebra, Log
- Rectangular Plank
- Diagonal distance
Other topics are Integers, Time, distance, speed/Time & work, Other Arithmetic questions, Algebra, Mensuration, Log theory, Geometry, Permutation combination
Data Interpretation : Question are based on
- Analysis and comparative study of Data Tables
- Charts and Graphs with Tables
- Pie Charts and Tables
- Bar Diagrams and Comparative Tables
IIFT Exam Pattern 2021 Based on Last Year’s Pattern
Since the patter of the exam is not predefined, the candidates can take the reference of the last year’s exam pattern to get an idea:
|Sections||Total no. of questions||Marking Scheme|
IIFT 2021 Important Books
Following are some important Books candidates can refer to for IIFT 2021 preparation:
|Verbal Ability & Comprehension for CAT/XAT/IIFT with 5 Mock Tests By Bharat Patodi and Aditya Choudhary||Buy Here|
|IIFT solved paper and mock test 2019 By Arihant Experts||Buy Here|
|IIFT (Indian Institute of Foreign Trade) 2019 – Solved Papers 2006-2018 By Gautam Puri||Buy Here|
|TARGET IIFT 2019 (Past Papers 2005 – 2018) + 5 Mock Tests By Disha Experts||Buy Here|
|MBA 2019-20 : Study Guide (XAT|IIFT|NMAT|SNAP|CMAT) By Gautam Puri||Buy Here|
How to Prepare for IIFT 2021?
The preparation for the round 1 of IIFT MBA IB Entrance Exam is similar to most MBA entrance examination. However because the MBA programme is focused on International Business, the entrance exam paper leans a little towards subject areas related to the topics. The candidates can follow the exam strategies given below:
- Focus first on your weaker areas and since the exam is divided in six sections the candidates must have an exam day strategy, recomments IIFT topper(2018) Harrshit Kansal.
- A proper time management is the strategy to be followed in the exam hall to save time for rechecking of answers.
- Divide your day in sections to focus on new problems, mock tests and revision of topics studied earlier, says 2017 topper, Pranay Das.
- A proper study schedule and managing time while self study is the most important aspect of cracking the IIFT MBA Entrance Exam, according to 2017 topper, Siddharth Tripathi.
- Attempt as many mock tests, and online tests as possible before appearing for the final exam, recommends Manan Shah, the 2017 IIFT topper.
- Study newspapers carefully everyday and keep yourself aware of the current events of at least the past one year.
- Focus on your calculation speed and accuracy through regular practice, which will result in positive results, says 2017 topper Deep Vashi.
About IIFT 2021
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) admission test for MBA (IB) is now conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Admission in IIFT is based on the basis of Written Test, Group Discussion, Writing Skills Assessment, and Interview. The process of Admission will be applicable equally for admission to Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada campuses. IIFT shall be conducted in online mode (Computer-based Test). Candidates aspiring to appear for IIFT 2021 can appear in more than 4000 Schools/ engineering colleges.
National Testing Agency (NTA) has been established as a premier, specialist, autonomous, and self-sustained testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for admission/fellowship in higher educational institutions. NTA is the conducting body for the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) admission test for MBA (IB) for the year 2021-23. The National Testing Agency is entrusted to address best in every field, from test preparation, to test delivery and to test marking.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.