IIIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2021 – IIIT Delhi has revised the entire schedule for admission to M.Tech (CB), M.Tech (CSE), and M.Tech (ECE) programs. Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Delhi offers admission to M.Tech (CB), M.Tech (CSE) and M.Tech (ECE) programmes. Candidates with a qualifying GAT-B mark have to apply online to IIIT-Delhi. Before applying, candidates must check the IIIT-Delhi M.Tech. (CB) eligibility carefully. Shortlisted candidates list will be published on the IIIT-Delhi website who are eligible for M.Tech. (CB) and have a qualifying GAT-B mark. Candidates can get the details regarding the IIIT Delhi M.Tech admission 2021 from here or you can refer to the official website, which is iiitd.ac.in. On this page, the candidates can check the admission process, eligibility criteria, seat allotment procedure and other details.
Latest: IIIT Delhi has revised the entire schedule for admission to M.Tech (CB), M.Tech (CSE), and M.Tech (ECE) programs. Scroll down to check the new dates.
IIIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2021
An applicant must have a valid GATE score to get admission to M.Tech Programme for this year. Candidates can apply online for said courses as per schedule from the official website iiitd.ac.in. Eligible students will get GATE scholarships.
Schedule for IIIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2021 is given below.
|Event||M.Tech. (CSE & CB)||M.Tech ECE|
|Online Application Starts on||03 Apr 2021||13 Apr 2021|
|Last Date of online Application||15 May 2021||15 May 2021|
|Announcement of shortlisted candidates||18 May 2021||18 May 2021|
|Online Interview||22 May 2021 – CD|
24 May 2021 – CSE
|21 May 2021|
|Publication of Merit List & Round 1 Allotment||01 Jun 2021||01 Jun 2021|
|Acceptance(online) of Offer of Admission by||08 Jun 2021, 5 pm||08 Jun 2021, 5 pm|
|Round 2 Allotment (If seats available)||11 Jun 2021||11 Jun 2021|
|Acceptance(online) of Offer of Admission by||18 Jun 2021, 5 pm||18 Jun 2021, 5 pm|
|Round 3 Allotment (If seats available)||22 Jun 2021||22 Jun 2021|
|Acceptance(online) of Offer of Admission by||29 Jun 2021, 5 pm||29 Jun 2021, 5 pm|
|Withdrawal(online) Last Date||30 Jun 2021||30 Jun 2021|
|Document Verification & Admission by||01 Jul 2021||01 Jul 2021|
|Registration for SPOT Round starts by||25 Jun 2021||25 Jun 2021|
|Publication of vacant seats||02 Jul 2021||02 Jul 2021|
|Last date for Registration for SPOT Round||06 Jul 2021, 5 pm||06 Jul 2021, 5 pm|
|Spot round (Only rank holder)||08 Jul 2021||08 Jul 2021|
|Orientation||10 Jul 2021||10 Jul 2021|
|Starting of Refresher(CSE & ECE)/ Preparatory (CB) Module||15 Jul 2021||15 Jul 2021|
IIIT Delhi M.Tech 2021 Application Form
IIIT Delhi has released the application form forM.Tech (CB), M.Tech (CSE) and M.Tech (ECE) programmes. Interested candidates can fill their application for admission into M.Tech (CB), M.Tech (CSE) and M.Tech (ECE) courses at IIIT Delhi from the official website iiitd.ac.in on or before the last date. Candidates are advised must check or ensure their eligibility and other condition carefully before applying online application. A candidate is eligible to apply for one category only i.e. GATE or Non-GATE. During the process of admission if a duplicacy is detected, then he/she will be considered in the category of GATE qualified applicant only.
Apply Online: Applicants can fill the form via the direct link provided below:
– Click here to fill the Application form for M.Tech. (CSE) & (CB) Admission 2021.
– Click here to fill the Application form for M.Tech. (ECE) Admission 2021.
Application Fee is Rs. 500/-
IIIT Delhi M.Tech 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- B.Tech/BE in CS/IT/Math-and-Computing or
- B.Tech/BE in any other discipline
- MSc. (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biophysics, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Sciences)
For Point 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 the applicants must have done the following either during their qualifying degree or from a recognized institution / online education portal:
- at least one computer programming course, and
- at least two Mathematics courses
- Both GATE and Non-GATE candidates with B.Tech./BE or MCA/MSc in CS/IT(& its allied areas) with 65% marks are eligible to apply for admission.
- Both GATE and Non-GATE candidates with B.Tech/BE in ECE/EE (& its allied areas) or MSc in Electronics (for ECE) with 65% marks are eligible to apply for admission.
IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC, ST, OBC, PwD and CW category candidates. Specifically, candidates under these categories must have 60% in their qualifying degree. Applicants who do not satisfy the above criteria will not be considered for admission.
Note:In the application form, only aggregate percentage shall be taken from the applicants. The applicants having grading scheme i.e. result in CGPA, will be required to convert their CGPA to percentage according to the conversion formulae prevailing in their respective university / institute. If any university/institute does not provide the conversion from CGPA to percentage, the conversion formulae in that case will be “multiplication of CGPA by 10” to derive the percentage.
In addition, the applicant has to upload a certificate on the official letter head from university/institute indicating the conversion from the CGPA to percentage. However, the applicants who don’t upload conversion certificate will be required to give an undertaking that “My university / institute does not provide conversion certificate. At any point of time, if it is found that the university/institute provides conversion certificate, my admission/studentship shall be liable for cancellation”
IIIT Delhi M.Tech 2021 Admit Card
IIIT Delhi releases the admit card for M.Tech admissions 2021. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website or from the link as per the schedule. The candidates have to carry the printed copy of the admit card on the day of the exam without fail.
IIIT Delhi M.Tech 2021 Selection Process
IIT Delhi has updated the M.Tech 2020 Admission Procedure. Check the updated process from below:
M.Tech CB/ CSE Non GATE
The selection for M.Tech admission comprises of two stages:
- 1st Stage: First stage of screening is done on the basis of GATE Score and qualifying degree percentage. Candidates who are selected in this stage will proceed for 2nd stage.
- 2nd Stage: Candidates who are selected in the 1st stage are invited for an online interview. Candidates will be intimated about interview via their email ID. Merit list is prepared on the basis of an online interview, GATE Score and Qualifying Degree Percentage.
CSE GATE: A merit list is prepared on the basis of GATE Score and Qualifying degree percentage. Candidates are offered admission on the basis of their ranks.
IIIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2021 Seat Allotment Process
The preferences of specialization submitted by the candidates at the time of application will be processed and seats will be allotted in the order of merit as explained below. The preferences filled by the candidates during application will be processed after the announcement of the Merit list Online Provisional Allotment will be shown in the candidate’s login account on IIIT- Delhi website for the candidates who get an allotment in this round.
IIIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2021 Merit List
After the interviews shall be conducted (wherever applicable), IIIT Delhi releases the list of candidates who are selected for admission. The merit list shall be prepared based on the selection criteria for individual programmes (GATE score and/or interview and/or qualifying degree marks). Candidates can check the merit list via a direct link.
IIIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2021 Shortlisted Candidates
IIIT Delhi will be published the list of candidates shortlisted for the IIIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2021. The same can be checked through the direct link that will be provided. Candidates can check through the direct link will be provided here.
IIIT Delhi M.Tech 2021 Fee Structure
The fee for the entire M.Tech program is Rs. 3.5 Lac.The payment schedule is as follows as per previous year details:
- Rs. 97,500/- [(Tuition fees of Rs. 87,500/- + Security money of Rs. 10000(refundable)] at the time of accepting offer of admission.}
- Rs. 87,500 (Tuition fees) at the start of Sem II of the program
- Rs. 87,500 (Tuition fees)at the start of Sem III of the program, and
- Rs. 87,500 (Tuition fees) at the start of Sem IV of the program
- Hostel fees will be charged semester-wise. Approx. hostel charges per semester (4 months) is given below;
|Program||Security (refundable)||Mess charges||Single Room||Double sharing Room||Triple sharing Room|
IIIT Delhi M.Tech 2021 Seat Matrix
The seat distribution is as per follows for M.Tech CSE & ECE:
IIIT Delhi M.Tech 2021 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is M.Tech (CB) a specialisation under M.Tech (CSE)?
No, M.Tech, Computational Biology, also known as M.Tech (CB) is a different program. M.Tech (CB) program integrates applicable knowledge from biology, computation and mathematics as well.
- What is the reservation policy for M.Tech Admission in IIIT Delhi?
There will be 5% relaxation in percentage & relaxation of 0.5 CGPA for SC, ST, OBC, PwD, CW candidate in all degrees. For minimum percentage and/or CGPA requirement for all degree please refer the table below:
Table1: Minimum Percentage and/or CGPA Requirement for MTech (CSE & ECE)
Category General SC/ST/OBC/Pwd/CW CGPA Percentage CGPA Percentage B.Tech/B.E/MCA/M.Sc 7.0 65% 6.0 60%
- Am I eligible with 64.99 % in B.Tech?
(Candidate Category – General) No, refer Table 1 for minimum percentage and/or CGPA requirement.
- Is there any seat reserved for SC, ST, OBC, PwD, CW?
No, only the relaxation in CGPA/Percentage will be provided. see Table 1.
- Are the candidates appearing in the final exam eligible to apply?
Yes, they are eligible with the same eligibility criteria. They are required to give their last CGPA/aggregate percentage of marks.
- Do I need to post the print out of application after applying online?
No, there is no need to send the print out of the application or any documents to IIIT Delhi.
- What is the venue for written exam and interview?
Written exam and interview venue is IIIT-Delhi campus (address).
- Are we going to receive any communication after screening?
There will be no postal communication. All the announcements and notifications will be given on the website. The shortlisted candidate may be notified through email/SMS. The candidates are advised to visit the website and check their email regularly.
- Can we avail accommodation in the campus for written exam and interview day?
Yes, limited seats are available and will be given on case to case basis
- Please clarify, how the specialization will be allotted in M.Tech (CSE) and M.Tech (ECE)?
Specialization allotment will be done based on the preferences filled by students during application and the merit list.
- Are we going to get an admit card for written test?
The shortlisted candidates will be informed through mail/SMS to download their admit card from our website.
- Which documents we should bring for appearing in written test?
- Admit Card
- Application Form
- Can I apply for both GATE & Non-GATE?
No. A candidate will be eligible to apply for only one category i.e. GATE or Non-GATE. If during the process of admission any duplicacy is detected, he/she will be considered in the category of GATE qualified applicant only, or may be even disqualified. Hence candidates are advised to apply only under one of the catergoy i.e. GATE and Non-GATE.
- What is the syllabus of written test?
The written test will be similar to GATE. For CSE, candidates should refer “CS” GATE paper syllabus and for ECE, candidates should refer “EC” GATE paper. You can check it here.
Official Website: iiitd.ac.in
For more information about IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2021 – Previous Admission Notice
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.