Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi has released the Merit list for CSE (GATE and Non-GATE) seats. IIIT Delhi offers admission to M.Tech (CB), M.Tech (CSE) and M.Tech (ECE) programmes. Candidates can get the details regarding the IIIT Delhi M.Tech admission 2020 from here. You can refer the official website for it or refer this article. On this page the candidates can check the admission process, eligibility criteria and other details.
Latest: Merit List for CSE (GATE) and CSE (Non-GATE) candidates is out. Scroll down to check.
IIIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2020
An applicant must have a valid GATE score to get admission in M.Tech Programme for this year. Candidates can apply online for said courses as per schedule from the official website iiitd.ac.in. Eligible students will get GATE scholarships.
Schedule for IIIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2020 is given below.
|Event||M.Tech CB||M.Tech CSE & ECE|
|Online Application Starts on||16 Mar 2020||16 Mar 2020|
|Last Date of online Application|
|Announcement of shortlisted candidates|
20 May 2020
20 May 2020 (CSE)
27 May 2020 (ECE)
08 – 09 Jun 2020
28 May 2020 (For CSE Non-GATE)
15 Jun 2020 (For ECE students)
|Publication of Final Result|
15 Jun 2020
22 Jun 2020 (ECE)
|Round 1 Allotment|
23 Jun 2020
23 Jun 2020
|Acceptance (online) of offer of Admission by|
30 Jun 2020
30 Jun 2020
|Round 2 Allotment|
03 Jul 2020
03 Jul 2020
|Acceptance (online) of offer of Admission by|
10 Jul 2020
10 Jul 2020
|Round 3 Allotment||14 Jul 2020||14 Jul 2020|
|Acceptance (online) of offer of Admission by||21 Jul 2020||21 Jul 2020|
|Withdrawal (Online)||21 Jul 2020||21 Jul 2020|
|Publication of vacant seats||24 Jul 2020||24 Jul 2020|
|Spot Counselling (at IIITD campus)||to be announced||to be announced|
|Admission (at IIITD campus)||to be announced||to be announced|
|Orientation||to be announced||to be announced|
|Starting of Refresher module||to be announced||to be announced|
IIIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2020 Merit List
After the interviews are conducted (wherever applicable), IIIT Delhi releases the list of candidates who are selected for admission. Merit list is prepared based on the selection criteria for individual programmes (GATE score and/or interview and/or qualifying degree marks). Candidates can check the merit list here.
- Click here to check IIIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2020 Merit List for CSE (GATE).
- Click here to check IIIT Delhi M. Tech Admission 2020 Merit List for CSE (Non-GATE).
IIIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2020 Shortlisted Candidates
IIIT Delhi has published the list of candidates shortlisted for the IIIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2020. Same can be checked through the direct link that is provided as per the schedule above. Candidates can click on the below link to check the shortlisted candidates list:
- Click here to check the IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2020 List of Shortlisted (Non-GATE Seats) candidates for M.Tech (ECE).
- Click here to check the IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2020 List of Shortlisted (GATE Seats) candidates for M.Tech (ECE)
- Click here to check the IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2020 List of Shortlisted Candidates for M.Tech (CB).
- Click here to check the IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2020 List of Shortlisted (Non-GATE Seats) candidates for M.Tech (CSE).
IIIT Delhi M.Tech 2020 Modified Admission Process
Due to Covid-19, IIIT Delhi has made changes to its admission procedure. Now, the interviews are going to take place through video conferencing. Check the selection criteria for all the programmes here.
|Program||Basis of Selection|
|CSE GATE||GATE score and qualifying degree percentage|
|CSE Non-GATE||Interview and qualifying degree percentage|
|CB||Interview, GATE Score and qualifying degree percentage|
|ECE GATE||Interview, GATE Score and qualifying degree percentage|
|ECE Non-GATE||Interview and qualifying degree percentage|
Click here to check the modified admission process for IIITD M.Tech Admission 2020.
IIIT Delhi M.Tech 2020 Application Form
IIIT Delhi releases the application form for M.Tech(CB) programme. Interested candidates can fill their application for admission into M.Tech (CB) programme at IIIT Delhi from the official website iiitd.ac.in on or before the last date. Candidates are advised must check or ensure their eligibility and other condition carefully before applying online application. A candidate is eligible to apply for one category only i.e. GATE or Non-GATE. During the process of admission if a duplicacy is detected, then he/she will be considered in the category of GATE qualified applicant only.
Application Process Over!!
Application Fee is Rs. 510/-
IIIT Delhi M.Tech 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- B.Tech/BE in CS/IT/Math-and-Computing or
- B.Tech/BE in any other discipline
- MSc. (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biophysics, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Sciences)
For Point 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 the applicants must have done the following either during their qualifying degree or from a recognized institution / online education portal:
- at least one computer programming course, and
- at least two Mathematics courses
- Both GATE and Non-GATE candidates with B.Tech./BE or MCA/MSc in CS/IT(& its allied areas) with 65% marks are eligible to apply for admission.
- Both GATE and Non-GATE candidates with B.Tech/BE in ECE/EE (& its allied areas) or MSc in Electronics (for ECE) with 65% marks are eligible to apply for admission.
IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC, ST, OBC, PwD and CW category candidates. Specifically, candidates under these categories must have 60% in their qualifying degree. Applicants who do not satisfy the above criteria will not be considered for admission.
Note:In the application form, only aggregate percentage shall be taken from the applicants. The applicants having grading scheme i.e. result in CGPA, will be required to convert their CGPA to percentage according to the conversion formulae prevailing in their respective university / institute. If any university/institute does not provide the conversion from CGPA to percentage, the conversion formulae in that case will be “multiplication of CGPA by 10” to derive the percentage.
In addition, the applicant has to upload a certificate on the official letter head from university/institute indicating the conversion from the CGPA to percentage. However, the applicants who don’t upload conversion certificate will be required to give an undertaking that “My university / institute does not provide conversion certificate. At any point of time, if it is found that the university/institute provides conversion certificate, my admission/studentship shall be liable for cancellation”
IIIT Delhi M.Tech 2020 Admit Card
IIIT Delhi releases the admit card for M.Tech admissions 2020. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website or from the link as per the schedule. The candidates have to carry the printed copy of the admit card on the day of the exam without fail.
IIIT Delhi M.Tech 2020 Selection Process
IIT Delhi has updated the M.Tech 2020 Admission Procedure. Check the updated process from below:
M.Tech CB/ CSE Non GATE
The selection for M.Tech admission comprises of two stages:
- 1st Stage: First stage of screening is done on the basis of GATE Score and qualifying degree percentage. Candidates who are selected in this stage will proceed for 2nd stage.
- 2nd Stage: Candidates who are selected in the 1st stage are invited for an online interview. Candidates will be intimated about interview via their email ID. Merit list is prepared on the basis of an online interview, GATE Score and Qualifying Degree Percentage.
CSE GATE: A merit list is prepared on the basis of GATE Score and Qualifying degree percentage. Candidates are offered admission on the basis of their ranks.
IIIT Delhi M.Tech 2020 Fee Structure
The fee for the entire M.Tech program is Rs. 3.5 Lac.The payment schedule is as follows as per previous year details:
- Rs. 97,500/- [(Tuition fees of Rs. 87,500/- + Security money of Rs. 10000(refundable)] at the time of accepting offer of admission.}
- Rs. 87,500 (Tuition fees) at the start of Sem II of the program
- Rs. 87,500 (Tuition fees)at the start of Sem III of the program, and
- Rs. 87,500 (Tuition fees) at the start of Sem IV of the program
- Hostel fees will be charged semester-wise. Approx. hostel charges per semester (4 months) is given below;
|Program||Security (refundable)||Mess charges||Single Room||Double sharing Room||Triple sharing Room|
IIIT Delhi M.Tech 2020 Seat Matrix
The seat distribution is as per follows for M.Tech CSE & ECE:
IIIT Delhi M.Tech 2020 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is M.Tech (CB) a specialisation under M.Tech (CSE)?
No, M.Tech, Computational Biology, also known as M.Tech (CB) is a different program. M.Tech (CB) program integrates applicable knowledge from biology, computation and mathematics as well.
- What is the reservation policy for M.Tech Admission in IIIT Delhi?
There will be 5% relaxation in percentage & relaxation of 0.5 CGPA for SC, ST, OBC, PwD, CW candidate in all degrees. For minimum percentage and/or CGPA requirement for all degree please refer the table below:
Table1: Minimum Percentage and/or CGPA Requirement for MTech (CSE & ECE)
Category General SC/ST/OBC/Pwd/CW CGPA Percentage CGPA Percentage B.Tech/B.E/MCA/M.Sc 7.0 65% 6.0 60%
- Am I eligible with 64.99 % in B.Tech?
(Candidate Category – General) No, refer Table 1 for minimum percentage and/or CGPA requirement.
- Is there any seat reserved for SC, ST, OBC, PwD, CW?
No, only the relaxation in CGPA/Percentage will be provided. see Table 1.
- Are the candidates appearing in the final exam eligible to apply?
Yes, they are eligible with the same eligibility criteria. They are required to give their last CGPA/aggregate percentage of marks.
- Do I need to post the print out of application after applying online?
No, there is no need to send the print out of the application or any documents to IIIT Delhi.
- What is the venue for written exam and interview?
Written exam and interview venue is IIIT-Delhi campus (address).
- Are we going to receive any communication after screening?
There will be no postal communication. All the announcements and notifications will be given on the website. The shortlisted candidate may be notified through email/SMS. The candidates are advised to visit the website and check their email regularly.
- Can we avail accommodation in the campus for written exam and interview day?
Yes, limited seats are available and will be given on case to case basis
- Please clarify, how the specialization will be allotted in M.Tech (CSE) and M.Tech (ECE)?
Specialization allotment will be done based on the preferences filled by students during application and the merit list.
- Are we going to get an admit card for written test?
The shortlisted candidates will be informed through mail/SMS to download their admit card from our website.
- Which documents we should bring for appearing in written test?
- Admit Card
- Application Form
- Can I apply for both GATE & Non-GATE?
No. A candidate will be eligible to apply for only one category i.e. GATE or Non-GATE. If during the process of admission any duplicacy is detected, he/she will be considered in the category of GATE qualified applicant only, or may be even disqualified. Hence candidates are advised to apply only under one of the catergoy i.e. GATE and Non-GATE.
- What is the syllabus of written test?
The written test will be similar to GATE. For CSE, candidates should refer “CS” GATE paper syllabus and for ECE, candidates should refer “EC” GATE paper. You can check it here.
Official Website: iiitd.ac.in
For more information about IIT Delhi M.Tech Admission 2020 – Download Admission Notice
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.