One of the most popular mode to get admission in IIIT Hyderabad is via JEE Main. The IIIT Hyderabad Admission Through JEE Main 2018 is a counselling process. It is conducted by IIIT-H and the admission is granted on the basis of JEE Main scores. The dates for IIITH JEE Main Admission have not been announced yet but the details are available. The candidates interested in getting admission on the basis of national level examination may read the page further.
IIIT Hyderabad Admission through JEE Main 2018
The admission in IIIT Hyderabad is also granted on the basis of UGEE, SPEC, Olympiad, and LEEE mode. The date for the admission via JEE Main are as follows:
|IIIT Hyderabad UGEE 2018||Important Dates|
|JEE Main 2018 will be held on||08, 15, and 16 Apr 2018|
|Online registration started from||07 Apr 2018|
|Last date to submit the application form||25 May 2018|
|Round 1 Seat Allocation||29 May 2018|
|Round 1 of counselling acceptance Date & Payment of Fee||15 Jun 2018|
|Round 2 of counselling acceptance Date & Payment of Fee||3 to 5 days after 2nd round allocation|
|Round 3 of counselling acceptance Date & Payment of Fee||3 to 5 days after 3rd round allocation|
|Round 4 of counselling acceptance Date & Payment of Fee||2 to 3 days after 4th round allocation|
|Reporting in the institute is to be done by||28, 29, and 30 Jul 2018|
|Refund of money will be made by||30 Sep 2018|
JEE Main 2018 is a national level examination, conducted by CBSE. It is held for B.E / B.Tech / B.Arch / B.Plan admission.
Result for IIT Hyderabad throgh JEE has been announced, candidates can check the same from the official website, a direct link to check the same is also provided below. Candidates need to login using the User ID to check the result
Result: Click here to check the Round 4 (Final Round) results.
One of the most popular mode to get admission in IIIT Hyderabad is via JEE Main. The IIIT Hyderabad Admission Through JEE Main 2018 is a counselling process.The seats are alloted to the eligible candidates on the basis of their marks. Appearance of candidate in JEE Main Exam is must. The Round – 1 seat allotment has been announced.
Seat allotment: Click Here to check for Round – 1 Seat Allotment.
Eligibility for IIIT Hyderabad Admission through JEE Main 2018
The eligibility criteria that the candidates need to fulfill in order to get admission in IIIT Hyderabad, on the basis of JEE Main score, are as follows:
- Candidates should have appeared for JEE Main 2018 and must have got required marks in it.
- Must have qualified class 12th / equivalent with the minimum of 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
Application Process for IIIT Hyderabad Admission via JEE Main 2018
The application form for the admission will be released soon. The candidates will have to first register as a new user and then submit the required details in the application form. The details to be entered will be personal, education related, address related, etc.
The application fee is an important and mandatory aspect of the application process. The fee amount is Rs. 1500 and it is non-refundable.
Tuition Fee: The amount of tuition fee is Rs.130000. Selected candidates will also have to pay seat allotment fee and caution deposit which will around Rs. 10000 and Rs. 10000, respectively.
- The caution fee will be refundable in nature and candidates will get it back during the final admission.
Preference / Choice Filling for IIIT Hyderabad JEE Main Admission
After submitting the application form, the candidates will also have to submit the choices for the courses. While doing so, the candidates must keep the following in mind:
- Only those branches should be chosen in which the candidates are actually interested. You do not have to give a programme for every preference order.
- Candidates who are sure of what they want must submit only 1 preference only.
- If you are keen only on a few programmes of the institute, give preference order only among those. If none of your preferences is allotted during a particular round, you will have the option of continuing into further rounds.
- Do not mention a choice in which you do not aim to take admission. This only block the seat for another deserving applicant.
- Sliding will not be allowed after the last round, so accept the option before the end of counselling.
Courses Offered Under IIIT Hyderabad JEE Main Admission 2018
The JEE Main 2018 qualifying candidates will get admission only in the following courses:
Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering
- Code – CSE
- Seats Offered – 90
Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Code – CSE
- Seats Offered – 60
Selection Criteria for IIIT-H Admission through JEE Main 2018
The basis for admission of the candidates is JEE Main 2018 scores. However, the marks of the candidates will be compared with the determined by the IIIT-H. If the score of candidates is above the determined cutoff and the seats are available only then the admission will be granted.
Note: The class 12th marks are only considered for eligibility and will not be taken into consideration during selection.
Tie Breaker During IIIT-H Admission: If tie arises during the selection of the candidates then the following method will be used resolve it.
- The total mark secured by the candidates in Mathematics section of JEE Main 2018.
- If the tie still prevails, then the marks in Physics section of the exam will be considered.
- Lastly, to break the tie the marks in Chemistry section will be used.
Process for IIIT Hyderabad Admission Through JEE Main 2018
The couselling of IIIT Hyderabad will have multiple rounds. In each round, the seat will be allocated to the registered candidates. If the candidate is not allocated any seat in the 1st round, then the candidates can continue for the next round of counselling. In all, there shall be 4 to 5 rounds of seat allocation. The number of rounds will depend on the number of vacant seats.
Seat Allotment – The allotment of seat shall be done as explained above in the selection criteria. If the candidate is satisfied with the allotment then they need to pay the seat acceptance fee via the login and online payment system. If a candidate fails to pay the fee, the allotment shall be canceled and the candidates will not be considered for further admission rounds.
- After the allotment, the candidates can either accept it or withdraw. The candidates aiming to participate in next round of counselling will also have to accept the seat and pay the fee.
- To confirm the seat the candidates need to accept the seat, lock it, and may the fee. Once the seat is locked, the candidate shall not be considered for next round of counselling.
- Candidates willing to participate in next round need to accept the seat and make the payment. Do not lock the choices.
- Failure to accept the seat and pay the fee shall automatically lead to withdrawing from counselling.
Cancellation of Seat – Anytime during the admission process, candidates can cancel the seat allotment. However, the cancellation is to be done before the reporting in the institute. The institute will refund the appropriate amount of money to the applicant by the end of September 2018.
- The deduction will only be done o Rs. 1000. Hence, out of Rs. 20000, candidates will get back Rs. 19000.
The refund of the cancellation will be done as follows:
|Cancellation Date||Round 1
|On or before the previous day of the announcement of Round 2 List||Whole tuition fee amount||–||–||–|
|On or before the previous day of the announcement of Round 3 List||Deduction of Rs.20,000/- from tuition fee||Whole tuition fee amount||–||–|
|On or before the previous day of the announcement of Round 4 List||Deduction of Rs.40,000/- from tuition fee||Deduction of Rs.20,000/- from tuition fee||Whole tuition fee amount||–|
|After the announcement of Round 4 List||No Refund||No Refund||No Refund||–|
|On or Before the acceptance date of Round 4 List||–||–||–||Deduction of Rs.10,000/- from tuition fee|
|After the acceptance date of Round 4 List||–||–||–||No Refund|
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.