Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM Kancheepuram) Kancheepuram Chennai has released notification for admission into PhD programmes in the disciplines of Computer Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering & Mathematics & Physics for the session Jan-May 2018. Candidate can check their Eligibility, Application Procedure, Selection Procedure & other important Information from the page given below.
|Online Registration of Application Form will be open on||02 Nov 2017|
|Last date for Registration of Application through online||21 Nov 2017|
|Tentative dates of test/interview (for shortlisted candidates)|
|Computer Engineering||04 Dec 2017|
|Electronics Engineering||04 Dec 2017|
|Mathematics||06 Dec 2017|
|Physics||06 Dec 2017|
|Mechanical Engineering||06 Dec 2017|
|Announcement of Result||Second Week of December 2017|
|Selected candidates need to submit/send their acceptance together with the fees for the first semester on or before 26 Dec 2017.|
|Academic session for Jan-May 2018 will starts on 1 January 2018.|
Interested candidates can apply online from the link provided on the institute website or from the link provided below. Candidates may also note that only online application is accepted and they should take a print of your application and keep the same for the record. Candidates are advised must check their eligibility and other conditions before filling the Application form online.
- GN/OBC-NC Male candidates: Rs.250/-
- GN/OBC-NC Female candidates/SC/ST and PwD candidates : Rs.125/-
Shortlisted candidates qualified for the Interview need to submit the following applicable self-attested documents and original need to be produced for verification and return:
- Copies of all Mark sheets/grade cards, degree certificates beginning from SSLC towards proof of qualification with Original certificates.
- Copy of Community Certificate in the case of SC/ST/OBC candidates issued by the competent authority of respective State Government.
- Authorised Doctor’s Certificate with disability descriptions in the case of Person with Disabled (PD) candidates.
- Copy of GATE score or UGC – JRF/NET/CSIR/ DAE-JEST or other fellowship awards.
- Copy of proof of Experience certificate if any
Direct PhD (for applicants having UG degree): Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with an exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission to Ph.D. Programme as a regular full-time scholar subject to the following conditions:
- A B.Tech degree holder from IIT with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 on a 10 point scale or with a valid GATE score.
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from any other University should be among the top 10 rank holders in the University and having a valid GATE score.
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from a reputed R & D organization with excellent research record.
For applicants holding PG degree
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology (ME/MTech/M Des) or a Master of Science (MS) degree by Research in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record.
- Candidates with Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record and of exceptional merit where eligible, for the relevant Engineering discipline and with a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration.
For candidates under NHTRA category (without stipend)
The minimum educational qualifications are the same as prescribed for Regular (full time) category mention above for admission to the Ph.D. Programme in the respective categories.
Ph.D. Programme (For applicants holding PG degree)
|Computer Science Engineering||Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology. Preference will be given to those with M.Tech/M.E/M.S degree in Computer Science & Engineering. (MCA / M.Sc / M.Phil are not eligible)|
|Electronics Engineering||Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering (Electrical and Electronics Engineering)/ Electronics Engineering (Electronics and Communication Engineering) / Instrumentation Engineering or Master’s degree in Physics followed by a Master’s degree in Engineering in an area of relevance to the area of research.|
|Mechanical Engineering||Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Energy Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Instrumentation, Maintenance Management, Metallurgical Engineering, Production/ Manufacturing Engineering/ Mechatronics/ CAD/CAM/ CIM and in related areas depending on the research topics|
|Mathematics||Master’s Degree in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics/ Computer Science with GATE/UGC/CSIR/NBHM or M.Tech (Industrial Mathematics & Scientific Computing) or any M.Tech degree with Master’s degree in Mathematics/Physics/Statistics/ Computer Science|
|Physics||M.Sc/M.Sc (Tech) in Physics, Applied Physics, Materials Science/M.Tech (Solid State Technology)/M.Tech (Materials Science)/ M.Sc. Applied Optics/ Optoelectronics or equivalent.|
Reservation of Seats
Reservations are applicable to SC/ST/OBC/Candidate with Physical Disability (PD) as per the rules and regulation of the Govt. of India.
Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications (as given in Section 4) and satisfying additional and stiffer criteria set by the institute from time to time will be called for test/ interview.
Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the test and interview, the Selection Committee will recommend to the Chairman of the Senate the names of candidates found suitable for admission to the Ph.D. programme.
Telephone : (044) 2747 6323
Fax : (044) 2747 6301
Email: [email protected]
For complete information on IIITDM Kancheepuram PhD Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure