Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM Kancheepuram) Chennai has released a notification for admission into Ph.D. programmes in the disciplines of Computer Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering & Mathematics & Physics for the session Jan 2020. And selected candidates will be provided financial assistance as per Govt. norms. Candidate can check their Eligibility, Application Procedure, Selection Procedure & other important information from the page given below.
IIITD & M Kancheepuram Chennai Ph.D. Admission
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for IIITD & M Kancheepuram Chennai Ph.D. Admission 2020 from the official website. Candidates can check the schedule for IIITDM Chennai Ph.D. Admission 2020 from the table given below:
|Online Registration of Application Form starts on||16 Oct 2019|
|Last date for Registration of Application through online||06 Nov 2019|
|Tentative dates of test/interview (for shortlisted candidates)|
|Computer Engineering||Last Week of Nov 2019|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||Last Week of Nov 2019|
|Mathematics||Last Week of Nov 2019|
|Physics||Last Week of Nov 2019|
|Mechanical Engineering||Last Week of Nov 2019|
|Announcement of Result||Last Week of Dec 2019|
|Selected candidates need to submit/send their acceptance together with the fees for the first semester on||13 Dec 2019|
|Academic session for Jan 2020 will starts on||01 Jan 2020|
Shortlisted Candidates for Interview
Shortlisted candidates for Written Test /Interview can click on the link will be provided below to retrieve further information, on the syllabus provided for the various courses enlisted and information regarding the same respectively.
Interested candidates can apply online from the link provided on the institute website or from the link provided below. Candidates may also note that only online application is accepted and they should take a print of your application and keep the same for the record. Candidates are advised must check their eligibility and other conditions before filling the Application form online.
Apply Online: Applicants can fill the application form via direct link is given below:
- Click here to register for Ph.D Admission 2020 Jan Session.
- Click here to login the application form.
Application process is over!
- GN/OBC-NC Male candidates: Rs.250/-
- GN/OBC-NC Female candidates/SC/ST and PwD candidates: Rs.125/-
Candidates need to pay application fee only through online. Application fee once paid is non-refundable.
Shortlisted candidates qualified for the Interview need to submit the following applicable self-attested documents and original need to be produced for verification and return:
- Copies of all Mark sheets/grade cards, degree certificates beginning from SSLC towards proof of qualification with Original certificates.
- Copy of Community Certificate in the case of SC/ST/OBC candidates issued by the competent authority of respective State Government.
- Authorised Doctor’s Certificate with disability descriptions in the case of Person with Disabled (PD) candidates.
- Copy of GATE score or UGC – JRF/NET/CSIR/ DAE-JEST or other fellowship awards.
- Copy of proof of Experience certificate if any
Direct Ph.D. (for applicants having UG degree): Candidates who have qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with an exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission to Ph.D. Programme as a regular full-time scholar subject to the following conditions:
- A B.Tech degree holder from IIT with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 on a 10 point scale or with a valid GATE score.
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from any other University should be among the top 10 rank holders in the University and have a valid GATE score.
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Engineering/Technology from a reputed R & D organization with excellent research record.
For applicants holding PG degree
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology (ME/MTech/M Des) or a Master of Science (MS) degree by Research in Engineering/Technology with a good academic record.
- Candidates with Master’s degree in Sciences with a good academic record and of exceptional merit where eligible, for the relevant Engineering discipline and with a valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration.
For candidates under NHTRA category (without stipend)
The minimum educational qualifications are the same as prescribed for Regular (full time) category mention above for admission to the Ph.D. Programme in the respective categories.
Ph.D. Programme (For applicants holding PG degree)
|Computer Science Engineering||Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology. Preference will be given to those with M.Tech/M.E/M.S degree in Computer Science & Engineering. (MCA / M.Sc / M.Phil are not eligible)|
|Electronics Engineering||Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering (Electrical and Electronics Engineering)/ Electronics Engineering (Electronics and Communication Engineering) / Instrumentation Engineering or Master’s degree in Physics followed by a Master’s degree in Engineering in an area of relevance to the area of research.|
|Mechanical Engineering||Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Energy Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Instrumentation, Maintenance Management, Metallurgical Engineering, Production/ Manufacturing Engineering/ Mechatronics/ CAD/CAM/ CIM and in related areas depending on the research topics|
|Mathematics||Master’s Degree in Mathematics/ Statistics/ Physics/ Computer Science with GATE/UGC/CSIR/NBHM or M.Tech (Industrial Mathematics & Scientific Computing) or any M.Tech degree with Master’s degree in Mathematics/Physics/Statistics/ Computer Science|
|Physics||M.Sc/M.Sc (Tech) in Physics, Applied Physics, Materials Science/M.Tech (Solid State Technology)/M.Tech (Materials Science)/ M.Sc. Applied Optics/ Optoelectronics or equivalent.|
Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional and stiffer criteria set by the institute from time to time will be called for test/ interview.
Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the test and interview, the Selection Committee will recommend to the Chairman of the Senate the names of candidates found suitable for admission to the Ph.D. programme.
Reservation of Seats
Admission in IIITD & M Kancheepuram Chennai Ph.D has provided the reservations are applicable to SC/ST/OBC/Economically Weaker Section (EWC) Candidate with Physical Disability (PD) as per the rules and regulation of the Govt. of India.
IIITD & M Kancheepuram Chennai Ph.D Fess Structure
Candidates check the academic fee structure for Ph.D Programme in IIITD & M Kancheepuram Chennai, is given below table:
|Admission Fee||Rs. 500|
|Certificate/Thesis Fee||Rs. 1500|
|Student welfare fee||Rs. 1000|
|Infrastructure Development Fee||Rs. 1000|
|Alumni Life Membership Fee||Rs. 500|
|Publication Fee / Library Fee||Rs. 1500|
|Tuition fee||Rs. 24000|
|Examination fee||Rs. 500|
|Sports Fee||Rs. 1000|
|Medical Fee||Rs. 1000|
|Student Amenities||Rs. 3000|
Official Website: iiitdm.ac.in.
For complete information on IIITDM Kancheepuram Ph.D. Admission 2020 – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.