IIITDM Jabalpur Ph.D. Admission 2018 – IIITDM Jabalpur has released notification for admission to Ph.D. programmes for July session 2018. Interested & eligible candidates can read the necessary information regarding IIITDM Jabalpur Ph.D Admission 2018 such as application form eligibility criteria, fee details, selection process etc. on this page. The Institute invites applications for admission to it’s Doctoral Programme in Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Design, Physics, Mathematics and English under the following categories.
- Institute Assistantship (IA)
- Govt./Semi Govt. Fellowship Award (FA) (Deity, CSIR, UGC, DAE, DST, DBT, NBHM, etc.)
- Sponsored Candidates (SW)
- Institute Staff (IS), for Institute Staff of IIITDM Jabalpur
- Project Staff (PS), for Project Staff of IIITDM Jabalpur
- External candidates, sponsored by recognized R & D organizations / academic institution / industry (EX) (Institute Assistantship, Govt./Semi Govt. Fellowship Award, Part-time for Institute Staff of IIITDM Jabalpur, Project Staff of IIITDM Jabalpur and External candidates, sponsored by recognized R & D organizations / academic institution/industry)
IIITDM Jabalpur Ph.D. Admission 2018
IIITDM will conduct the Written Test/interview for admission to the following Ph.D. programmes for Session 2018 on December 10, 2018. Those candidates who want to take admission to the following programmes at IIITDM Jabalpur will get all the information related to admission here.
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
Schedule for the IIITDM Jabalpur Ph.D. Admission 2018 is given below.
|Online application starts||08 Oct 2018|
|Last date of filling up online application forms||05 Nov 2018|
|Announcement of short-listed candidates for written test/ interview||16 Nov 2018|
|Date of Written Test/Interview|
|PhD- Computer Science and Engineering
PhD- Electronics and Communication Engineering
PhD- Mechanical Engineering
Ph.D Natural Science (Physics, Mathematics, English)
|10 Dec 2018|
|Announcement of Selected candidates||19 Dec 2018|
|Last date to deposit fee by selected candidates||24 Dec 2018|
|Registration/ Orientation||02 Jan 2019|
|Commencement of Classes||03 Jan 2019|
Candidates seeking admission in IIITDM Jabalpur to admission in Ph.D. Candidates can apply online from the official website. Candidates were advised to ensure their eligibility before applying online application.
Institute has accepted only online application forms. A Demand Draft of Rs. 500/- for Gen and OBC & Rs. 300/- for SC/ST category candidates, in favor of The Registrar, PDPM IIITDM Jabalpur, was issued by any nationalized bank, payable at Jabalpur, which was received the latest by November 06, 2018 through Speed/ Registered Post only.
Apply Online: Click here to download the IIITDM Jabalpur Ph.D. Application Form 2018.
Instruction for filling the Application Form
- Candidate were required to apply online through www.iiitdmj.ac.in website only.
- Candidate were required to have a valid personal e-mail ID for proper communicatoin.
- Payment of Application Fee was accepted through Demand Draft only.
- Candidates were required to Click the Submit button after filling up the information correctly.
- Retain their Registration No. for future reference.
- No column/any field of application was left blank.
- Research Proposal: Kindly give research proposal in approx. 300-350 wards about what you wish to pursue as research at IIITDM Jabalpur in the space provided in the online application form.
- Reservation was as per Govt. of India rules.
Indian Institute of Information Technology Design & Manufacturing (IIITDM) Jabalpur has published the lists of selected candidates for IIITDM Jabalpur Ph.D. Admission 2018. Candidates check the lists through the links which are provided below.
Shortlisted candidates for Written / Test Interview
List of Shortlisted candidates for PhD/M.Des Program Admission 2018 for the following departments will be released. The shortlisted candidate are need not to wait for the interview call letter from the Institute and have to report on December 10, 2018 at 09:30 for appearing in the written test/ interview for the PhD Admission. Candidate should bring their portfolio original certificate with set of photocopy of document mentioned in the advertisement. For further details candidates can click on the link that will be provided below.
A minimum of 60 percent marks OR a CPI/CGPA of 6.0 (on the scale of 10.00) shall be required at the master’s level qualifying examination (M.Tech./ M.Des./ M.Sc./ M.A./ M.B.A., etc.) as the specified minimum for admission in a Ph.D. programme for concerned disciplines. Minimum duration for such masters’ programme shall be two years.
For admission to Doctoral Programme, the candidate must have to qualified GATE/ CEED/ (CSIR/ UGC-JRF/ NET) or equivalent examination conducted at national level at any time.
Direct Admission to Ph.D after B.Tech
Students who are currently in their final year in any of the Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) will only be eligible for the admission under this category. To be eligible for the admission under this category, a candidate will be required to have a minimum CPI of at least 8.0 CPI or equivalent (on a scale of 10) at the end of the seventh semester under OPEN and OBC categories. For SC/ST category students, the minimum CPI requirement will be relaxed to 7.0. Qualified and valid NET/GATE score is mandatory in this case. They shall be admitted through the same regular admission process as specified for the regular Ph.D. students.
Relaxation for reserved category in the eligibility requirements shall be as per Govt. of India norms.
In case of sponsored and part-time categories, candidates shall have a regular employment and shall be required to apply through proper channel (the employer or her/his authorized signatory). Such candidate shall have served for at least two years in a reputed R&D establishment/ organization/ academic institution/ company associated with design, development and/or manufacturing of engineering products.
Project staff working on sponsored projects undertaken by PDPM IIITDM Jabalpur shall be eligible for admission under the category project staff (PS) if the remaining duration of the project at the time of admission is 2 years or more and subject to following additional conditions:
- Project staff shall apply through the PI of the project along with a research proposal in line with the project on which he/she is working. Such application shall be forwarded by the head of the discipline under PS category and shall clearly mention in her/his application “Financial Assistance for the Stipend or Fellowship shall strictly be borne by the project funds and not by MHRD/Institute Assistantship”
- The Project Staff shall not be paid any Institute assistantship (She/ He will be receiving his scholarship /assistantship from the project in which he/she is employed) and the Institute shall have no liability whatsoever, in case the project tenure is over and the PI is unable to pay the assistantship to the student. The financial onus of the student strictly lies with the Principal Investigator (PI) and the Project.
The PS shall perform assignment assigned by the PI of the project under this category.
Candidates those are financially supported by various Govt. / Semi Govt. schemes (CSIR, UGC, DAE, DST, DBT, NBHM, etc.), Department of Electronics and Information Technology (Deity), Aeronautics Research & Development Board (ARDB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB), Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), etc are eligible to apply for Fellowship Award (FA) category.
Official Website: www.iiitdmj.ac.in.