|Times Group Bennett University Admission 2018||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
The International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad (IIIT Hyderabad) is an information technology research university based in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. It was the first autonomous private institute of its kind to be established in 1998. The institute runs Computer Science and several other courses and research projects. It is mainly focused on research. Candidates who are interested to take admission in IIIT, Hyderabad have to follow the below given procedure and read all the instruction carefully. There are three mode of Admission from which the candidates will be admitted in the IIIT Hyderabad.
Among engineering colleges, IIIT Hyderabad was ranked 14th by India Today in 2017, 11th by Outlook India and 16 by The Week. It was ranked 75 among engineering colleges in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework in 2017.
IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admission 2018
|Online Application portal opens||02 Mar 2018|
|Online Application portal closes on||25 Apr 2018|
The new eligibility criteria are that SAT and SAT Subject Tests Scores are mandatory to apply and those scores should arrive before the last date of submission of online application form. The essay part of SAT is not required.
Four year single degree programmes:
- [CSE] B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- [ECE] B.Tech in Electronics and Communications and Engineering
Five year dual degree programmes
- [CSD] B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering and Master of Science in Computer Science and Engineering by Research
- [ECD] B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering and Master of Science in Electronics and Communication Engineering by Research
- [CLD] B.Tech in Computer Science and Master of Science in Computational Linguistics by Research
- [CND] B.Tech in Computer Science and Master of Science in Computational Natural Sciences by Research
- [BSD] B.Tech in Civil Engineering and Master of Science in Building Sciences and Engineering by Research
Admission Through DASA
Admissions for Foreign Nationals/Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)/Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) / Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) under Direct Admission for Students Abroad (DASA) for Undergraduate Programmes for the Academic year 2018-19 at International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad, India. Those seeking admission under this mode have to apply online separately for IIIT, Hyderabad.
Applicants need to submit their online applications on the official website of IIT Hyderabad. Applications will be accepted from March 2, 2018 to April 25, 2018. All the online applications must be submitted within 5 PM IST on April 25, 2018 (Wednesday). Applications submitted after that will not be accepted under any circumstances.
Apply Online: The Application Form for IIIT Hyderabad B.Tech Admissions 2018 will be available on www.iiit.ac.in
Application Fee: An Application fee of Rs. 6000 has to be paid online. The payment is to be while submitting the online application form.
- Applicants should have completed 12th class or equivalent by May 2018 or earlier. Candidate should have scored at least 60% marks (or 6.0 grade on 10 point scale) in each of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
- Applicants should satisfy one of the following conditions
- Studied 11th and 12th or equivalent outside India
- Hold a foreign passport
- Candidate should have a minimum aggregate score of 1070 (out of maximum of 1600) in SAT, and also a minimum aggregate score of 2000 (out of maximum of 2400) in SAT Subject Tests in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Both scores are mandatory. Scores of candidates writing SAT as per the new format will be mapped using concordance tables available from College Board (USA).
The admissions through DASA for 2017-18 will be through the SAT and SAT Subject Tests Scores. The primary ranking criterion is the total of SAT Subject Tests Scores in Maths, Physics, and Chemistry. All applicants will be ranked based on the total marks first. In the case of a tie in total marks, the following marks (in the given order) will be used to resolve the same.
- Maths of SAT II
- Physics of SAT II
- Chemistry of SAT II
- Total score of SAT
- Critical Reading of SAT
- Mathematics of SAT
- Writing of SAT
- Students tied even after this stage will be interviewed in person or over Skype to break the tie.
- Tuition Fee- USD 12,000 for the academic year 2018-19
- Hostel and Mess fees extra; these charges will be similar with the other students at the Institute.
- Payment of Initial Fee:
- Applicants who have been allotted a seat must confirm the acceptance of the seat by paying the tuition fee for one semester, on or before the acceptance dates which will be announced with the seat allotment.
- The tuition fee for 1st semester which is USD 6,000 which is INR (depends on the conversion rate) has to be paid online through the payment portal. They will be mailing you the payment instructions.
- After admission, applicants will have to pay caution deposit, hostel fees, mess deposit, etc. (nearly Rs. 50,000) at the time of registration. The details will be sent individually to all the applicants later on.
- Computer Science Programs (CSE and CSD): 20
- Electronics and Communications Programs (ECE and ECD): 10
- Other Programmes (CND/CLD/BSD): 5
Applicants have to choose their preferences among the above given programs on the application portal. Preferences cannot be changed after the submission deadline of the application is over.