IIM Ranchi FPM Admission 2020 – FPM in IIM Ranchi is an academic programme, which may require a minimum of four years to complete. Students have to undertake the first two years of rigorous course work, followed by at least two additional years for completing the research work with the dissertation. The first year of the course work is common with IIM Ranchi’s Post Graduate Programme and is aimed at providing a participant with a broad understanding of the field of management. The Second Year of the coursework is to ensure that candidates develop deep understanding in their knowledge domain and ability to do rigorous research in their chosen area of specialization. In the subsequent years, the candidate works on the doctoral dissertation which is expected to be an original contribution in the area of management.
IIM Ranchi FPM Admission 2020
The Area Comprehensive Examination at the end of the second year is designed to assess whether the candidate has acquired a requisite level of proficiency in his/her area of specialization. Students admitted to the programme receive comprehensive financial support that covers all academic and living costs. The Institute has an excellent library, computing, and faculty resources.
Students can apply to the following areas of specialization :
- Finance & Accounting
- General Management (Business Ethics, Business Communication)
- Information Systems & Business Analytics
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
|The last date for receiving the Online application form||22 Mar 2020|
IIM Ranchi FPM Application Form 2020
For online application, all the credentials of certificates, mark sheets etc. must be brought at the time of selection interview.(Please avoid using special characters such as single or double quote etc while filling details in the online Application Form. Candidates are advised to carefully fill the online application as no changes will be permitted after clicking on SUBMIT button. Uploading Photo and Signature in application form is mandatory. Take One (01) printout of the submitted application form for future reference.
Application process is now over!
- The application fee for SC/ST/PWD applicants is Rs. 500/-. For others, the application fee is Rs. 1000/-.
Mode of Applications: Only Online applications will be accepted.
Instruction for filling the Application Form
- Uploading Photo and Signature is mandatory (Max. size for photo: 500KB & Max. size for signature: 200KB) in .jpg, .jpeg & .png format only.)
- This form is a key part of admission process. Complete and accurate response to the items are, therefore, extremely important. Incomplete or false information will make your candidature null and void.
- Carry the Application printout along with all relevant documents when called for interview.
- Avoid using special characters such as single or double quotes ( ‘ or “”) etc, while filling the online Application Form.
- In case of any technical issue, while submitting the Online Application Form, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- In case of any other queries, contact email@example.com
- Upload Test Score Card in pdf format only (Max size. 500KB).
- In all matters relating to admission, the decision of the Institute will be final and binding on the applicant. No correspondence will be entertained form the applicant regarding his/her non-selection.
IIM Ranchi FPM Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates for the programme must have one of the following qualifications obtained from any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of parliament or declared to be deemed as a university under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, or an equivalent qualification from an institution approved by AICTE, or any equivalent qualification from recognized foreign universities or institutions.
A candidate for the FPM at IIM Ranchi should have:
- Master’s degree or Post Graduate Diploma or its equivalent in any discipline with first class
- B.Tech/ 4 Years Degree with 6.5 CGPA or equivalent
- Any professional qualification such as CA/ ICWA/ CS with a B.Com/ Degree with minimum 55% aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average.
In addition, the candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent) in all their public examinations starting with the secondary level. Work experience in industry or academics, though not mandatory, will be given due credit in the selection process.
Those who are appearing for their final year examination in the current academic year may also apply. However, their admission to the programme will be provisional subject to their successful completion of all requirements for obtaining the relevant degree before 30th June 2020.
A candidate must not be more than 55 years of age as on 30th June, 2020.
IIM Ranchi FPM Admission 2020 Selection Process
Candidates who fulfill the above eligibility criteria stated above are required to take Common Admission Test (CAT) held by the IIMs. Alternatively, those who have qualified in GATE, GRE, GMAT and NET-JRF (UGC/CSIR) examinations can also apply in the relevant area of specialization. Scores of any of these examinations including CAT taken during the last two years (i.e., on 1st July, 2018 or after) will be considered valid for the admission in Ph.D. Candidates who have already obtained a one/two year full-time classroom-based Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) or in any specialized area of management (e.g., PGD in HRM, Agri-Business Management etc.) from any of the IIMs with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale or equivalent in last four years preceding 30th June, 2020 are exempted from this requirement, and can apply directly through the prescribed Application Form.
The candidates short-listed on the basis of their academic record and performance in the competitive examinations mentioned above will be called for a seminar and personal interview for final selection in April/May 2020 and the successful candidates will receive admission offer by the end of May 2020.
Doctoral Programme Office
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ranchi
Suchana Bhawan, Audrey House Campus
Meur’s Road, Ranchi – 834008, JHARKHAND
Phone: +91 651 2280113/Extn-163
Fax: +91 651 2280940
Official Website: iimranchi.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.