IIM Ranchi FPM Admission 2018 – FPM in IIM Ranchi is an academic programme, which may require a minimum of four years to complete. Students have to undertake first two years of rigorous course work, followed by atleast two additional years for completing the research work with dissertation. The first year of the course work is common with IIM Ranchi’s Post Graduate Programme and is aimed at providing a participant with a broad understanding of the field of management. The Second Year of the coursework is to ensure that candidates develop deep understanding in their knowledge domain and ability to do rigorous research in their chosen area of specialization. The Area Comprehensive Examination at the end of the second year is designed to assess whether the candidate has acquired requisite level of proficiency in his/her area of specialization. In the subsequent years, the candidate works on the doctoral dissertation which is expected to be an original contribution in the area of management.
IIM Ranchi FPM Admission 2018
Students admitted to the programme receive comprehensive financial support that covers all academic and living costs. The Institute has excellent library, computing and faculty resources.
Students can apply to the following areas of specialization :
- Finance & Accounting
- General Management (Neuro Management, Business Communication)
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems
- Operations Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Strategic Management
IIM Ranchi FPM Application Form 2018
Candidates can download PDF version of the Application Form and send the duly filled-up form on below mentioned address along with Demand draft or Payment/Transaction receipt. An applicant can apply for two(02) areas in two seperate applications attaching all the credentials from 10th onwards, age proof, relevant score cards, experience certificates including mark sheets and certificates of all public examinations in one envelope.
The last date for receiving the completed application form is February 26, 2018.
- The application fee for SC/ST/PWD applicants is Rs. 500/-. For others, the application fee is Rs. 1000/-.
Mode of Payment: Through Online or Through Demand draft
Please refer the bank details for online payment:
- Beneficiary Name : INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT RANCHI
- Bank Name : HDFC BANK RANCHI
- Branch Details : HOLDING No#135/B1/1, OPPOSITE DURGA MANDIR RATU ROAD RANCHI
- Account Number : 50100083823902 IFSC Code: HDFC0001470 Account Type: Saving
Please refer the bank details for Demand Draft:
In favour of INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT RANCHI Payable at Ranchi. Demand draft should be made from any Nationalized Bank or Private Bank like ICICI Bank, Axis Bank etc.
Instruction for filling the Application Form
- Complete the form in CAPITAL letters only.
- This form is a key part of admission process. Complete and accurate response to the items are, therefore, extremely important. Incomplete or false information will make your candidature null and void.
- In all matters relating to admission, the decision of the Institute will be final and binding on the applicant. No correspondence will be entertained form the applicant regarding his/her non-selection.
- Submit this form along with other testimonials.
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ranchi
Suchana Bhawan, Audrey House Campus
Meur’s Road, Ranchi – 834008, JHARKHAND
Phone: +91 651 2280083/2280113/2285056
Fax: +91 651 2280940
Email: [email protected]
The candidates for the programme must have one of the following qualifications obtained from any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of parliament or declared to be deemed as a university under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, or an equivalent qualification from an institution approved by AICTE.
A candidate for the FPM at IIM Ranchi should have:
- Master’s degree or its equivalent in any discipline with first class
- Minimum 16 years of education (10+2+4/ 10+2+3+1/ 10+2+5) with first class
- Any professional qualification such as CA/ ICWA/ CS with a minimum 55% aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average.
- In addition, the candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent) in all their public examinations starting with the secondary level. Work experience in industry or academics, though not mandatory, will be given due credit in the selection process.
- Those who are appearing for their final year examination in the current academic year may also apply. However, their admission to the programme will be provisional subject to their successful completion of all requirements for obtaining the relevant degree before 30th June 2018.
A candidate must not be more than 55 years of age as on 30th June, 2018.
Candidates who fulfill the above eligibility criteria stated above are required to take Common Admission Test (CAT) held by the IIMs. Alternatively, those who have qualified GATE, GRE, GMAT and JRF (UGC/CSIR) examinations can also apply in the relevant area of specialization. Scores of any of these examinations including CAT taken during the last two years (i.e., on 1st July, 2016 or after) will be considered valid for the admission in FPM. Candidates who have already obtained a one/two year full-time classroom-based Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) or in any specialized area of management.
The candidates short-listed on the basis of their academic record and performance in the competitive examinations mentioned above will be called for a seminar and personal interview for final selection in March/April 2018 and the successful candidates will receive admission offer by the end of May 2018.