IIM Trichy FPM Admission 2019 – Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli has released the notification for the eligible candidates for admission to the Fellow Programme in Management for June 2019 session. The application form of IIM Trichy FPM Admission 2019 for Fellow Programme in Managemen is available now. Candidates can fill same from the direct link below. Eligible candidates can check all the information related to IIM Trichy FPM Admission 2019 on this page like application process, important dates, eligibility criteria, result, etc.
IIM Trichy FPM Admission 2019
Interested candidates can apply online as per the schedule given below. Candidates are requested to fill the online application form before the last date and also check the eligibility criteria at least once before applying.
FPM students will specialize in one of the following areas :
- Strategic Management
- Organizational Behavior and Human Resources Management
- Management Information System
- Operation Management and Quantitative Techniques
|Last date submission of Application||21 Jan 2019|
Application process of the FPM Admission in the IIM Trichy has been started. Application form is available on the official website of the IIM Trichy. Direct link to download the application form is also given below. Candidates are advised to fill their application form correctly and submit it before the last date of the submission of the application form.
Application Process Over!
- Click here to apply online for the IIM Trichy FPM Admission 2019.
- Forget Password – FPM Admission 2019
- Enquiry Form
Candidates must possess one of the following qualifications after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent to apply for IIMT’s Fellow Program in Management:
- A Master’s Degree in any discipline securing at least 60 percent marks or a 2 year post graduate diploma, with a strong orientation to undertake research in management in addition to a Bachelors’ degree/equivalent with at least 50 percent marks obtained after a minimum of three years of education.
- Five-year / four-year Integrated Master’s Degree Programme in any discipline, with at least 60% marks.
- A professional qualification like CA / ICWA / CS with B. Com degree.
- A 4-year / 8-semester Bachelor’s degree with at least 8 CGPA.
Have a score of CAT or GMAT or GATE * or GRE or UGC-JRF as applicable. Validity of score: Two years from the date of the test and valid as on date of submission of the FPM application. Note that the eligibility tests considered by the respective areas are given in the following table:
|FPM 2019 Batch – Eligibility Tests accepted by respective areas|
|Strategy||CAT / GMAT / GRE/ UGC-JRF (any discipline)|
|Marketing||CAT / GMAT / GRE|
|Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management||CAT / GMAT / GRE / UGC-JRF in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Management, Labor Welfare-PMIR-HRM|
|Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques||CAT/GMAT / GRE/ UGC-JRF (Mathematical Sciences) / GATE (Mechanical/Production and Industrial/Computer Science)|
|Management Information Systems||CAT / GMAT / GRE/ UGC-JRF (any discipline)|
The selection process at IIM Trichy is multi-staged. All stages of this process are equally important for a potential candidate seeking an admission into the program.
Stage 1: Submission of the application form Candidates interested in pursuing the Fellow Programme in Management at IIM Tiruchirappalli (IIMT), begin their application process by submitting their application form and all associated submissions (academic record documents, certificates, qualifying examination scores, application fees etc.).
Stage 2: Research Aptitude Examination and Area Interview This stage of the admission process requires the candidates to participate in one or both of the following processes, as:
- Research Aptitude Examination: This will be a written examination, that is conducted by some of the areas. This examination is conducted to test the candidates research aptitude in a particular area of specialization. Thus, the content of the examination is very specific to the area. It may range from an examination of the candidates’ quantitative aptitude to their ability to understand and analyze/ synthesize research papers.
- Area Interview: All candidates shortlisted in Stage 1, will be required to attend the personal interview with members of/ experts in their chosen area of specialization.
At the end of the day the shortlists for the next stage will be announced.
Stage 3: Interview with the Fellow Program Committee:
This is the final stage of the admission process. It will be held on the day after Stage 2. All candidates shortlisted after stage 2 across all areas will have a personal interview with the Fellow Program Committee.
Candidates who clear this stage of the process will be sent an offer of admission to the Fellow Program at IIM Tiruchirappalli.
Note: Stage 2 and Stage 3 of the admission process will require the shortlisted candidates to travel to IIMT. These stages are typically held in the month of March. These stages will be held on two consecutive days. IIM Tiruchirappalli will reimburse to and fro travel expenses between the railway station at the place of residence (as given in the application form) and Tiruchirappalli, limited to III AC train fare, to shortlisted candidates.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How many regular academic programmes are run by IIMT and what are their durations?
- Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM) – Duration: 2 years.
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) – Duration: 4 to 5 years .
- Post Graduate Programme in Business Management (PGPBM) – Duration: 2 years – Weekend programme – conducted at IIMT Chennai Centre.
Q2. What is the PGPM course in IIMT?
The Post Graduate Programme is a two-year full-time residential programme of IIM Trichy. For more details, please visit our website: http://www.iimtrichy.ac.in/pgpm
Q3. What is the Fellow Program in Management in IIMT?
The Fellow Program in Management (FPM) is a research programme. For more details, please visit our website: http://www.iimtrichy.ac.in/fpm
Q4. What is PGPBM Course in IIMT?
The Post Graduate Programme in Business Management (PGPBM) is a two-year non-residential in-class learning weekend programme to groom working executives to move into a senior leadership position. For more details, please visit our website: http://www.iimtrichy.ac.in/pgpbm
Q5. How to join in PGPM Course and Selection Process?
Domestic candidates wishing to join the PGPM should appear for CAT, and if shortlisted by IIM Trichy, such candidates need to attend a Written Analysis Test and Personal Interview. Final selection will be based on CAT performance, performance in PI and WAT, graduation performance, work experience and candidate profile. Overseas candidates need to appear for GMAT. Such candidates if shortlisted will be selected on similar criteria as used for domestic candidates.
Q6. How to join in PGPBM Course and Selection Process?
Apply through CAT/GMAT/GRE/Test conducted by IIMT . The selection process is based on the performance in the CAT/GMAT/GRE/Test conducted by IIMT, PI and Academic Performance.
Q7. Selection Process for FPM?
- The selection process is based CAT/GMAT/GRE/GATE/UGC-JRF, Academic Performance & Personal Interview.
- Apart from the above the selection process also includes evaluation of the candidate’s application which includes ‘research intent’, ‘statement of purpose’ etc.,
Q8. When is the admission process begin?
- For PGPM – During 1st / 2nd week of August
- For PGPBM – During 1st / 2nd week of March
- For FPM – During 1st / 2nd week of November
Q9. What are the part-time executive programs offered at IIMT?
The following Programmes are conducted by Executive Education and Consulting (EEC) Office:
- Management Development Programmes (MDPs) – The IIM Tiruchirappalli EEC designs and delivers MDPs. The primary objective of MDP’s is to reskill the executives of different levels (senior, middle and junior) by enhancing their knowledge through the learning imparted by the faculty members of IIM Trichy. The participation is open to more than one specific organization or to a specific group of organizations. The institute offers Long Duration Programmes (LDPs) with a duration of over 6 months and Short Duration Programmes (SDPs) less than 6 months to one week. The mode of delivery of the programme can be an in-class programme at Trichy campus or at Chennai campus, or through eLearning mode (either through the studio to simulate in-class like the environment or through Direct-to-Device) or through Hybrid mode.
- Open Management Development Programmes (Open-MDPs) – Open-MDP is an educational programme designed and offered by the Faculty members of IIM Trichy. The primary objective of Open-MDP’s is to serve the educational and training needs of practicing managers in specialized domains of knowledge. Faculty members having deep insight in their domains offer programs which is open for individual members or to specific organizations. Typically, the duration of the programme varies from one to five days.
- In-Company Training Programmes (ICTPs)- ICTP’s are programmes that are customized to suit the needs of the client organization. This programme is designed and offered by the faculty members of the institute at the request of a specific organization or a specific group of organizations. The duration of the programme may range from one to five days.
- Consultancy Project – is a work or service, other than in-company training program undertaken by IIM Trichy at the instance of any outside agency.
- Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP)- TEQIP is a World Bank assisted project initiated by Ministry of Human Resource Development which aims at building Academic Leadership among technical institutes to improve leadership competence of academic leaders of Technical education in the country. Normally the duration of the programme will be for five days.
- Interactive Learning Programmes: IIM Trichy offers Executive Education Programme through Interactive Learning Mode. The main objective of this programme is to develop managerial capabilities among the people who are in the early stages of their career to enable them to effectively make managerial decisions and lead to future challenges. There are short duration and long duration programmes which varies from one week to one year.
- . Research Project – is a work or service undertaken by the IIM Trichy at the instance of any outside agency which results in the creation of knowledge. It includes assignments involving the writing of case studies, articles, papers, preparing videography, audio recordings, etc.
Official website: www.iimtrichy.ac.in
For more details regarding the IIM Trichy FPM Admission 2019 for June session, Download Admission notification.