IIM Trichy PGPBM Admission 2020 – Admission is open in IIM Trichy for Post Graduate Programme in Business Management (PGPBM). IIM Trichy PGPBM admission application form is available online at iimtrichy.ac.in until June 29, 2020. Candidates are selected for admission based on the written test held at Chennai campus followed by personal interviews of the selected students. Students can also apply with their CAT 2019 / GMAT score if they wish and skip the written test. The final admission offer is based on written test scores, PI score, work experience score, and UG performance. To know all about IIM Trichy PGPBM admission 2020 like how to apply, selection criteria, fee structure, eligibility, and more read below.
Latest: IM Trichy PGPBM admission 2020 is open, apply from the direct link on this page below.
IIM Trichy PGPBM Admission 2020
The first batch of the PGPBM course of IIM Trichy was started in 2012. The course is offered in the Chennai campus of IIM Trichy and the degree offered via this course is MBA. To apply for IM Trichy PGPBM admission 2020 it is mandatory to have a minimum of 3 years full-time work experience. Check below the important dates of IM Trichy PGPBM admission 2020:
|IM Trichy PGPBM admission 2020||Dates|
|Release of admission brochure and form||16 Mar 2020|
|Last date to apply||29 Jun 2020|
|Issuance of admit card for written test via emails only||2 Jul 2020|
|Written Test at IIM Trichy (Chennai Campus)||5 Jul 2020|
|Shortlist candidates to be intimated about PI via email and website on||to be announced|
|PI at IIM Trichy (Chennai campus)||11 – 12 Jul 2020|
|Final offer via email and website||17 Jul 2020|
|Offer acceptance fee to be submitted||20 Jul 2020|
|Payment of First Installment of Fee||31 Jul 2020|
|PGPBM 2020-22 Batch Orientation at Chennai Campus||31 Jul 2020|
IIM Trichy PGPBM Admission 2020 Application Form
The application form for IIM Trichy PGPBM admission 2020 is available in the online mode only at iimtrichy.ac.in.
Apply online: Click here to apply online for IIM Trichy PGPBM admission 2020
The steps to apply is given below:
Step 1: Sign up – Click here to access the page.
- Enter full name, mobile number, email id, password of choice, and confirm it.
- Click on the “sign up” button to proceed.
Step 2: Kindly check your email to activate your account.
- An activation link is sent to the registered email id, click on it to proceed with the application process.
Step 3: Fill online application
- Next candidates have to fill in all the details asked in the form.
Step 4: Payment of the application fee:
- The application fee is to be remitted to “IIMT Chennai Centre”, SB A/c. No. 50100011400101; IFSC Code: HDFC0002086 of HDFC Bank, Tiruverumbur Branch, Tiruchirappalli.
- The transaction reference number/Demand Draft number has to be quoted in the application form in the relevant field.
|SC / ST / DAP||Rs. 1000|
IIM Trichy PGPBM Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for IIM Trichy PGPBM admission 2020, candidates have to check the eligibility as given below:
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- With minimum 50% marks for General category and 45% for NCOBC, OBC, SC, ST, EWS, and Differently-abled candidates.
- Must have completed 10+2+3 level of education.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience is mandatory.
- The candidates must have worked full time in any industry after their first degree.
IIM Trichy PGPBM Admission 2020 Selection Criteria
The selection criteria for IIM Trichy PGPBM admission 2020 has the below given stages:
- The registered candidates are emailed their admit card for the written test via email.
- At the Chennai campus candidates have to appear for the written exam.
Pattern of the written test: The written test has questions based on quantitative ability, verbal ability, data interpretation, and logical reasoning skills. The examination is of 150 minutes.
Exempted: Candidates having a valid test score of CAT 2019 or GMAT score (test taken between May 1, 2019, and April 30, 2020) are exempted from the Written Test. However, such candidates can appear for the written test if they want, in that case candidates shall be evaluated as per the scores of the written test and not on the basis of CAT / GMAT scores.
- Shortlist candidates for IIM Trichy PGPBM admission 2020, after written are intimated about PI via email and website.
- They have to appear for the PI round at Chennai campus.
Final admission offer:
- The final admission offer is sent to the candidates via mail and is also uploaded on the website.
- Final offer of admission is based on the below given criteria:
|Written Test Score||40%|
|Personal Interview Score||30%|
|Work Experience Score||15%|
|Performance at Undergraduate level||15%|
IIM Trichy PGPBM Admission 2020 Fee Structure
The total fee for the PGPBM programme comprises of two parts:
- Non-refundable Course Fee: Rs. 11,80,000/- plus applicable taxes
- Refundable Caution Deposit: Rs. 10,000/-
The non-refundable course fee of Rs. 11,80,000/- includes Tuition fee, Library, Case Permission Royalty, Textbooks, Academic Course Pack, Examination, and Alumni activity.
About the IIM Trichy PGPBM Course
The institute uses the concept of credit to define the weightage of a course in the curriculum. In the programme the following type of courses are offered:
Core courses (51credits): These are the compulsory courses for all students and offered in the first five terms of the programme.
Electives: These are the courses which are chosen by the students and are offered in the second year.
The student has to take a minimum total of 45 credits in electives over the last four terms.
PGPBM core courses are:
- Financial Accounting
- Managing Organizations
- Quantitative Methods I
- Quantitative Methods II
- Marketing Management
- Research for Marketing Decisions
- Managing People and Performance in Organizations
- Managerial Communication
- Written Analysis and Communication
- Business Law
- Operations Management
- Corporate Finance
- Indian Economy and Policy
- Competition and Strategy
- Management Accounting
- Management information Systems
PGPBM elective courses are:
Classes are held every Friday evening, Saturday afternoon and evening and Sunday morning.
About IIM Trichy
Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli (IIMT) is the eleventh IIM and was instituted on 4th January 2011. IIMT is functioning from its sprawling state-of-the-art campus spread over 175 acres of land. The Indian Institute of Management Trichy has set up a satellite campus at Chennai that offers the PGPBM course.
Highlights of chennai campus:
- A 14,000 square feet Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Four state-of-art classrooms equipped with air-conditioning
- A well-stocked Learning Resource Centre and Computer Centre
Address: 45, Nehru Street, Ramaniyam Siddharth Building 1st Floor,
Industrial Estate North Phase, Kalaimagal Nagar,
Ekkattuthangal, Chennai 600 032.
To know more about IIM Trichy PGPBM admission 2020 – download the information brochure.
IIM Trichy PGPBM Admission 2020 FAQs
Is this a distance-learning program?
No. This is an in-class program.
What degree will I earn?
You will receive an MBA Degree on successful completion of the program requirements.
Will I receive any placement assistance via this course?
As PGPBM is specifically designed for working executives, there are no formal placements in the program.
What is the duration of the program?
The program duration is 24 months with a provision to be completed in 21 months.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.