Indian Institute of mass communication(IIMC) is a well-known institution for courses in media and journalism studies. Candidates who aspire for a career in this field can apply for the entrance examination that is held every year as a process of selection to its various programmes. The application process for the entrance examination conducted by the institution has been started.
Applications are accepted in online mode for various courses offered at IIMC such as Postgraduate diploma courses in Journalism, Radio & Television Journalism, Advertising and Public Relations, Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Odia) Dhenkanal (Odisha), and many more. The entrance exam will commence on May 25 and 26, 2019. To get complete details regarding IIMC entrance examination 2019 read the complete article.
IIMC Entrance Exam 2019
Candidates willing to apply for any of the programmes offered at IIMC must check the eligibility criteria required by the institution. To fill in the application form candidates will have to visit the official website iimc.nic.in, Check all the dates in the table below.
|Sale of application forms begins||Started!|
|Last date for sale and receipt of Application Form|
|Admit Card releases on||21 May 2019|
|Entrance Examination for Odia/Urdu/Marathi/ Malayalam Journalism||25 May 2019|
|Entrance Examination for PG Diploma Course in Journalism Hindi/ English, Radio & TV Journalism and Advertising & Public Relations||26 May 2019|
|Entrance Examination result announcement||Last week of June 2019|
|Interview dates for Odia/Urdu/Marathi and Malayalam Journalism||June-July 2019|
|GD/Interview for the following PG Diploma Courses||July 2019 – English Journalism
July 2019 – Hindi Journalism and Advertising and PR
July 2019 – Radio & TV Journalism
|The announcement of final selection||02nd or 03rd week of July 2019|
|Last date to deposit the first installment of fee||03rd week of July 2019|
|Last date to submit original documents||Last week of Aug 2019|
|Academic Session begins||Last week of July or 1st week of August 2019|
Notice for PG Diploma Course in Urdu Journalism
Date, Time and Venue for IIMC Entrance Exam 2019
IIMC Entrance Exam 2019 Eligibility Criteria
IIMC has always been one of the topmost colleges for media and communication, candidates aspiring for a future in journalism desire to be a part of IIMC. These candidates who are willing to take the entrance examination conducted by IIMC for admission to its programmes must know the eligibility criteria required by the college for the same. Check the eligibility given below before applying.
- Nationality: Only those candidates who belong to Indian can apply for the entrance examination conducted by IIMC, although there have been five seats reserved in every programme for NRI candidates.NRI candidates will have to apply through a separate application form.
- Education Qualification: Candidates applying must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline. Candidates who are still in the final year of there bachelor’s degree can also apply.
- Age: General category candidates should be born on 1.8.1994 or later. For SC/ST/Physically Challenged candidates, the date is 1.8.1989 or later. For OBC category, it is 1.8.1991 or later
- NRI Quota: Five additional seats are available in each course for NRI / NRI-sponsored candidates. The eligibility criteria and age limits for NRI quota candidates are same as above. However, the applicants under NRI / NRIsponsored quota are not required to appear for the written examination. They can directly participate in the Group Discussion and appear for Interview by depositing an entry fee of US $ 50
IIMC Entrance Exam 2019 Application Form
IIMC entrance examination is conducted separately for Languages other than English and Hindi that is for (Urdu)/Journalism,(Oriya)/ Journalism,(Marathi)/Journalism,(Malayalam)Journalism. Candidates willing to apply can fill in the application for only one of the above-mentioned languages. The application can be filled in both online or offline mode. The process to fill the application form is explained below.
To apply online for IIMC entrance examination candidates will have to visit the official website of IIMC that is iimc.gov.in or open the link provided in the application form page.
- On the homepage click on to apply now.
- In the application form fill in details as follows:
- Select an examination center of choice from the list of centers available.
- Name of candidate
- Date of birth
- Upload Images: Candidate needs to upload their scanned photograph and signature
IIMC Entrance Exam 2019 Application Fee
An application fee of Rs.1,500 for candidates belonging to General category and 1,000 for candidates belonging to SC/ST has to be paid by the candidates in order to complete registration. The fee can be paid online as well as offline mode.
- Online payment of the application fee can be done through Credit/Debit/net banking.
IIMC Entrance Exam 2019 Admit Card
IIMC will release admit card on its official website for candidates who will apply for the entrance examination. It can be obtained by providing credentials on the link that will be provided on the official website to download the admit card.it is mandatory to carry the admit card to the examination center by the candidate. In case a candidate forgets to carry the admit card provided he/she will not be allowed to take the examination and hence will not be allowed to carry further with the selection process.
IIMC Entrance Exam 2019 Examination Details
The written test will be for 75 marks. Candidates will be judged on the following parameters.
- General Awareness, including an understanding of the current trends in social-political dynamics, social-cultural history, legal and Constitutional provisions, Rights of Citizens, Developmental issues – health, education, ecology and economy, Global developments and their impact on India. Aptitude and mental make up
- Language skills : written and oral
- Analytical and comprehension skills
- Ethics and values
- Social Consciousness
- Lateral thinking capabilities
- Brand awareness and recall (for Advertising & PR)
IIMC Entrance Exam 2019 Selection Procedure
The selection of non-NRI quota candidates will be based on essential qualification, merit based on the Written test followed by Group Discussion and Interview. The written test will be for 75 marks. Candidates will be judged on the following parameters.
- A list of candidates to be provisionally admitted to each course and at each centre will be prepared on the basis of combined marks obtained in the Written Test, Group Discussion and Personality Test. Category wise merit list will be displayed on the IIMC Website www.iimc.nic.in around the second week of July 2019.
- The allocation of the Centre (applicable to English Journalism) will be on the basis of Meritcum-Preference. Candidates are advised to rank all the centres (IIMC Regional Campuses) in the order of their preference. In the event of a candidate leaving the choice of centre blank, IIMC will allocate the centre to the candidate on the basis of an alphabetical roster. Successful candidates are given 7 days time to secure their admission by depositing the prescribed fees online along with necessary documents.
- Candidates claiming reservation under the Economically Weaker Section scheme should produce the Income & Asset Certificate issued in the prescribed format by a revenue officer not less than a rank of a Tahsildar or a designated Magisterial Officer.
- Depending upon the number of admissions secured, further rounds of results (2 or 3) would be announced. If any seats remain vacant in any of the centre(s) the same shall be offered to any of the interested candidates who have qualified in the written examination as per category wise merit.
Group Discussion and Interview
- Candidates who appear in the written examination will be ranked course wise and category-wise on the basis of the marks obtained.
- All the candidates declared successful in the written test will be called for Group Discussion and Interview in the last week of June or the first week of July 2019 at IIMC New Delhi at their own expense. Group Discussion and Interview for Malayalam, Marathi, Odia and Urdu will be held at IIMC Kottayam, IIMC Amravati, IIMC Dhenkanal and IIMC New Delhi respectively.
- Group Discussion carries 10 marks and aims to assess candidate’s ability to absorb and understand an issue, clarity of his / her own thoughts, views and opinions, besides judging his/her ability to communicate with people. Interview carries 15 marks in which the candidate is encouraged to interact with a panel of experts drawn from the fields of academics, media industry professionals. Candidates are encouraged to carry their portfolio of work, although this is not mandatory.
- The number of candidates called for Group Discussion and Personality Test is usually 3 to 3.5 times the number of seats available, which underlines the rigorous preparation required for securing admission to IIMC.
IIMC Entrance Exam 2019 Seat Distribution
The number of seats available for candidates at various IIMC campuses is given in the table below. The seats will be allotted as per the rank obtained by the candidate after all the process of selection is over. The selection will also depend on the number of seats available.
|PG Diploma in Hindi Journalism||68||–||–||–||–||–|
|PG Diploma in English Journalism||68||68||17||17||17||17|
|PG Diploma in Radio & TV Journalism (Bilingual – English & Hindi)||51||–||–||–||–||–|
|PG Diploma in Advertising & PR Bilingual – English & Hindi)||77||–||–||–||–||–|
|PG Diploma in Journalism (Odia)||–||25||–||–||–||–|
|PG Diploma in Journalism (Urdu)||17||–||–||–||–||–|
|PG Diploma in Journalism (Marathi)||–||–||17||–||–||–|
|PG Diploma in Journalism (Malayalam)||–||–||–||–||–||17|
IIMC Entrance Examination Center
The written examination will be held in centers all over India. The list of the centers for examination is given below:
Centres for IIMC Written Test
Entrance Test Centres for Indian Language Journalism
- Kottayam Kozhikode (Malayalam Journalism)
- Amravati Aurangabad Pune (Marathi Journalism )
- Dhenkanal (Odia Journalism )
- Bhopal, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jammu, Lucknow, Patna, Srinagar (Urdu Journalism)
IIMC Entrance Exam 2019 Fee Structure
The fee structure for various courses offered by the institution is given in the table as per the fee structure last year. Any change in the fee structure will be updated.
Following is the course fee for PG Diploma Courses
|Sem- I Payable in July 2019 (INR)||Sem II Payable in Jan 2020 (INR)|
|Radio & TV||88,500||80,000|
|Advertising & PR||69,000||61,500|
For students under NRI / NRI sponsored quota the prescribed fees are as under
|Semester I||Semester 2|
|English Journalism||$ 4,000||$ 4,000|
|Journalism||$ 4,000||$ 4,000|
|Radio & TV||$ 6,000||$ 6,000|
|Advertising & PR||$ 6,000||$ 6,000|
IIMC Entrance Exam 2019 Scholarship
Candidates can avail scholarship provided under the below-mentioned Scholarship details.
- Rati Aggarwal Scholarship: This scholarship will be awarded to the meritorious female student of the Hindi Journalism Course, based on her performance in the Entrance Exam.
- Star Tv Scholarship: This scholarship will be awarded to Radio & TV Journalism, based
on his / her performance in the Entrance Exam.
- Achin Ganguly Scholarship: The scholarship will be awarded to two of the meritorious student of two meritorious students of Advertising & Public Relations, based on their performance in the Entrance Exam & final result after completion of the Course.
- Jaswinder Singh Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship will be awarded to two meritorious students, one each from Hindi Journalism and Radio & TV Journalism, based on their performance in the Entrance and First Semester Exams.
Official Website: www.iimc.nic.in.
For more details on IIMC Entrance Exam 2019, download 2019 Prospectus.