IISER or Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research are a conglomeration of science related education in India, they are a group of seven institutes. IISER 2019 Admission will take into consideration the IIT scores, State and Central Board marks, and also the KVYP. IISER come under the definition of ‘’the institutes of national importance’’ under the directive of the Government of India. IISER Admissions 2019 will also take into account the IISER Aptitude Test. The Joint Admissions Commission will oversee the allocation process related to the IISER Admission 2019. These are the seven places with IISERs in the country-Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati. You can check the information regarding IISER Admission 2019 from the below.
IISER Admission 2019
IISER are of immense repute in the country and offer a dual BS-MS degree program. The program will be of five years. Following is the schedule for IISER Admission 2019
|Events||IISER Admission through KVYP||Through JEE Advanced||Through SCB|
|Beginning of Online Registration||27 May 2019||15 Jun 2019||31 Mar 2019|
|Closing of Online Registration||20 Jun 2019 (5 PM)||20 Jun 2019 (5 PM)||28 Apr 2019 (5 PM)|
|Admit Card||To be announced||To be announced||20 May 2019|
|Exam Date||To be announced||To be announced||02 Jun 2019
(11 AM to 02 PM)
|Merit List||To be announced||To be announced||June – July 2019|
|Beginning of SAF submission||To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
|Closing of SAF submission||To be announced||To be announced||To be announced|
|Semester Start||To be announced||To be announced||August 2019|
IISER 2019 Application Form
Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criterion can apply for IISER-2019 Admission online. Following are the keys related to the Application process-
- Go to the official website and fill the given specifications. Submit the Application form after filling up the details.
- Check the channel through which you want apply i.e. The SCB/KVPY/JEE channel.
- Read the instructions given on the official website.
Apply Online: Click here to apply online for admission through SCB channel.
Application Fee: The candidates can ONLY submit the application through the Online mode, there will be no offline channel for the submission of the fee. Following is the fee structure-
- For General/OBC Non-Creamy Layer candidates- ₹2000
- For SC/ST/PWD/Kashmiri Migrant- ₹2000
IISER 2019 Available courses
IISER 2019 will offer degrees in Bachelor of Science(BS) and Master of Science(MS). The BS-MS Degree program will be a dual program of five years, including core courses related to the basic science, specialization in the chosen subjects and a research project divided as per the subsequent years of the degree. Following are the BS programs offered by IISER-
- IISER Bhopal provides BS Economics and BS Engineering Sciences
- BS Computer Science and BS Material Science are provided by IISER Thiruvananthapuram provides
IISER Eligibility Criteria 2019
The eligibility criteria for IISER 2019 is divided into three parts. For the BS program, the candidates must have had Mathematics as a subject during 10+2. Following are the three parts-
- SCB(State and Central Boards)-A student must have a 10+2 from a board recognized by IISER. There will be a cut-off percentage for different boards to mark the eligibility. This method also involves taking a IISER Aptitude test. The cut-off list for different Universities will be available here.
- JEE(Joint Entrance Examination of IIT)-The candidates belonging to the top 10000 ranks can apply for the IISER 2019. There will also be certain supplementary details that will apply to this mode
- KVPY(Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana)-Students who will begin their 2019-20 Academic session with the KVPY fellowship are also eligible. There will be an additional cut-off criteria attached to this mode.
IISER 2019 SCB pattern
After fulfilling the cut-off percentage criterion, the candidates will have to go through a computer-based IISER Aptitude Test 2019. Here is the last year exam pattern in relation to the IISER Aptitude Test.
- The IISER Aptitude Test 2019 will be a Multiple Choice Question/Objective type of paper
- There will be 60 questions in total
- Students will be awarded 3 marks for every correct answer
- There will be negative marking and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
- There will be no deduction of any sort if a candidate chooses not to attempt a question
- The questions will be asked from the following subjects-Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- There will be 15 questions from each section and 45 minutes of time allowed for the same.
- There will be 3 hours or 180 minutes given to complete the test
IISER 2019 Syllabus for SCB
The IISER 2019 Syllabus for SCB will be driven out of the four subjects-Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
|Sets||Limits and Derivatives|
|Relations and Functions||Mathematical Reasoning|
|Inverse Trigonometric Functions||Probability|
|Principle of Mathematical Induction||Matrices|
|Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations||Determinants|
|Linear Inequalities||Continuity and Differentiability|
|Permutations and Combinations||Application of Derivatives|
|Sequences and Series||Application of Integrals|
|Straight Lines||Differential Equations|
|Introduction to Three Dimensional Geometry||Three Dimensional Geometry|
|Physical World and Measurement||Current Electricity|
|Kinematics||Magnetic effect of current and magnetism|
|Laws of Motion||Electromagnetic Induction|
|Work, Energy and Power||Alternating Current|
|Motion of Systems of Particles and Rigid Body||Electromagnetic waves|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter|
|Behaviour of perfect gas and kinetic energy||Nuclei|
|Some Basic Concept of Chemistry||Solution|
|Structure of Elements||Electrochemistry|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Chemical Kinetics|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Surface Chemistry|
|States of Matter||General principles and processes of isolation of elements|
|Thermodynamics||The p-block elements|
|Equilibrium||The d- and f-block elements|
|Redox Reactions||Coordination compounds|
|Hydrogen||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|The s-block Elements||Alcohols, phenols and ethers|
|The p-block Elements||Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids|
|Organic Chemistry-Some Basic Principles and Techniques||Organic compounds containing nitrogens|
|The solid state||Chemistry in everyday life|
|Diversity in living world||Genetics and Evolution|
|Structural organisation in animals and plants||Reproduction|
|Cell Structure and function||Biology and Human welfare|
|Plant physiology||Biotechnology and its applications|
|Human physiology||Ecology and environment|
IISER 2019 Admit Card
IISER 2019 Admit Card will be available online on the admission portal of the IISER official website. Eligible candidates, whose applications were successfully submitted and accepted by IISER can avail their Admit Cards. The candidate would have to use the Email ID, password and captcha to access their Admit Cards. The Admit Card will have basic details like Name, Roll Number, Date of Birth, Exam Center, Photo, Signature. The candidate should make sure they have the admit card while appearing for the exam, no one will be allowed to take the IISER test without the Admit Card.
IISER 2019 Results
IISER 2019 results will be based upon either
- The performance in the IISER 2019 SCB mode
- The marks of the JEE Advanced where the combination of three subjects will be considered
- The KVPY fellowship and the cut-off related to it.
The results for the candidates who applied through these modes will be published online on the official website of IISER. The candidates who makes it through the list of minimum qualifying marks will be able to get their results. The candidates can check their results by entering the roll number and the registration ID.
IISER 2019 Counseling
Candidates who make the cut-off list will be assigned IISER Institutes as per their score. It is essential for a candidate to appear in the counseling procedure to get admission in an IISER institute. The seat allocation for IISER will begin after some months. The candidates must ensure they the updates related to IISER 2019 Counseling
IISER 2019 Seat Allocation
IISER Seat allocations will be based upon the choice of the channel by a candidate. There will be an allotment list published on the official website of IISER. The students will be required to pay a Seat Allocation Fee or SAF till the given deadline. It is essential for the candidates to check the SAF deadline in order to retain their seats.
IISER 2019 Seat Matrix
There are 1300 available seats in the IISER 2019. Following is the seat Matrix
|IISER||Number of Intakes|
Insofar, Only application form, dates, eligibility and syllabus of IISER Admission 2019 has announced. Information on this page is based on last year information brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as IISER will release the information, it will be updated here.
For more details regarding the IISER Admission 2019 follow the official website www.iiseradmission.in.