IISER Kolkata Ph.D. Admission 2020 – IISER Kolkata invites applications from motivated students for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program for Spring 2021. The selected candidates can do a Ph.D. in any of the following disciplines: Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics, Physical Sciences. Candidates can apply online from the official website of the institute, iiserkol.ac.in. The selection of candidates is done using a written test/interview. Check more details regarding IISER Kolkata Ph.D. Admission 2020 – Spring Semester by scrolling down.
Latest: The application form has been released for IISER Kolkata Ph.D Admission 2020 Spring Semester. Scroll down to check.
IISER Kolkata Ph.D Admission 2020 – Spring Semester
The schedule for all events in all Ph.D. Admission events in all departments is provided here. Candidates can check important dates regarding IISER Kolkata Ph.D Admission 2020 from the table below.
Schedule for IISER Kolkata Ph.D. Admission 2020 is given below –
|Ph.D. application starts||19 Oct 2020|
|Application portal closes||03 Nov 2020|
|Publication of shortlist for interview||11 Nov 2020|
|Dates for interview||12 – 30 Nov 2020|
|Publication of Ph.D. interview result||07 Dec 2020|
|Preregistration portal opens||To be announced|
|Preregistration deadline||To be announced|
|Ph.D. registration||To be announced|
IISER Kolkata Ph.D Admission 2020 Application Form
Eligible candidates who want to take admission to the IISER Kolkata Ph.D. program for the Spring semester can apply online from the official website i.e. iiserkol.ac.in as per the schedule provided on this page.
Apply Online: Click here to fill the online application form.
How to Apply
- Please have your picture (soft copy, preferably in JPG or PNG format) ready.
- Please read the department wise eligibility criteria carefully.
- The applicants should open the link and properly fill the application form as instructed. The form can be opened and edited/corrected until the last date.
- You must complete your application, the incomplete application will be rejected.
- Applicants should save the properly filled application form and take the printout after you finish and bring the signed copy at the time of interview if you are shortlisted.
IISER Kolkata Ph.D Admission 2020 Disciplines
The institute offers Doctor of Philosophy in the following disciplines:
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Physical Sciences
- Space Sciences
- Space Sciences
IISER Kolkata Ph.D Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Department-wise eligibility criteria is given below.
For Biological Sciences
- M.Sc/MS/ME/M.Tech/MVSc/MSc(Ag) degree or equivalent (with minimum 55% marks) in:
- Any branch of biological sciences to pursue research in the broad fields of cellular and molecular biology, cancer biology, developmental biology, structural biology, chemical biology, plant molecular biology, behavioral biology and ecology, marine biology, neurobiology, biodiversity, microbiology, biophysics, bioinformatics, biotechnology and theoretical biology. Candidates from agricultural science and nutritional science backgrounds are also welcome to apply.
- Chemistry / physics / statistics / mathematics / computer application / computer science to pursue research in the interdisciplinary various research areas.
For Chemical Sciences
- Those candidates who have passed the M.Sc. examination with minimum 55% marks in any field of Chemistry or Physics are eligible. The candidates must also possess CSIR/UGC-NET JRF, INSPIRE fellowship or an equivalent fellowship.
For Mathematics and Statistics
- Bayesian Statistics: A Master’s degree in Statistics with a minimum of 55% marks or CGPA/CPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale.
- Computational Biology: A Master’s degree, with minimum 55% marks or CGPA/CPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale, in any field of Applied Mathematics, Applied Statistics, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Statistics or Physics.
- Non-parametric Statistics & Functional Data Analysis: A Master’s degree in Mathematics or Statistics with a minimum of 55% marks or CGPA/CPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale.
- Commutative Algebra, Harmonic Analysis, Number Theory, Representation Theory and Spectral Graph Theory: A Master’s degree in Mathematics with a minimum of 55% marks or CGPA/CPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale.
IISER Kolkata Ph.D Admission 2020 Selection procedure
The applications received from the applicants are shortlisted based on merit of the qualifying examination, subject specialization, and research area). Shortlisted candidates are invited for interview at IISER Kolkata. List of shortlisted candidates for the interviews is published on the official website of IISER Kolkata. For admission in the Department of Mathematics & Statistics, a written test may be conducted before the interview.
After the interview/written test, the list of selected candidates is put up by IISER Kolkata on its official website. Candidates can check the list of selected candidates for IISER Kolkata Ph.D Admission 2020 – Spring Semester from this page, once it is released.
Course Work and Laboratory Rotation
The Research fellows may have to do coursework and laboratory rotations during the first semester depending on which Department they join. The course content will be decided by the Department concerned for each student according to his / her need.
For any additional query email at [email protected]
Official Website: iiserkol.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.