IISER Kolkata Ph.D. Admission 2018 – Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata offers admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme for the Autumn Semester 2018. Candidates can apply online from the official website. The list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the official website on April 25, 2018. The selected candidates can do Ph.D. in any of the following disciplines: Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics and Physical Sciences.
IISER Kolkata Ph.D. Admission 2018 – Autumn Semester
The application can be filled online from the official portal as per schedule mention here. All the details like schedule, application form, the selection process of IISER Kolkata Ph.D. Admission 2018 for Autumn Semester from this page provided below.
Schedule for IISER Kolkata Ph.D. Admission 2018 is given below.
|Ph.D. application starts||05 Mar 2018|
|Application portal closes||15 Apr 2018|
|Publication of shortlist for interview||25 Apr 2018|
|Tentative dates for interview||04 to 22 Jun 2018|
|Publication of Ph.D. interview result||27 Jun 2018|
|Preregistration portal opens||27 Jun 2018|
|Preregistration deadline||15 Jul 2018|
|Ph.D. registration||25 Jul 2018|
List of candidates selected for IISER Kolkata Ph.D. Admission 2018 after the interview process has been released. Candidates can check the same from the official website OR through the direct link which is provided below.
Selected Candidates: Click Here to check the list of candidates selected for IISER Kolkata Ph.D. Admission 2018.
Eligible candidates who want to take admission in IISER Kolkata Ph.D. Admission 2018 for Autumn semester, can apply online from the official website i.e. www.iiserkol.ac.in or from the direct link provided below.
Apply Online: Click Here for Pre-registration.
How to Apply
- Please have your picture (soft copy, preferably in JPG or PNG format) ready.
- Please read the department wise eligibility criteria carefully.
- The applicants should open the link (apply.iiserkol.ac.in/application) and properly fill the application form as instructed. The form can be opened and edited/corrected until the last date.
- You must complete your application, the incomplete application will be rejected.
- Applicants should save the properly filled application form and take the printout after you finish and bring the signed copy at the time of interview if you are shortlisted.
- Download the Recommendation Letter, bring this document at the time of interview. The recommendation should be in a sealed envelop.
For Biological Sciences
- M.Sc/MS/ME/M.Tech/MVSc/MSc(Ag) degree or equivalent (with minimum 55% marks) in:
- Any branch of biological sciences to pursue research in the broad fields of cellular and molecular biology, cancer biology, developmental biology, structural biology, chemical biology, plant molecular biology, behavioral biology and ecology, marine biology, neurobiology, biodiversity, microbiology, biophysics, bioinformatics, biotechnology and theoretical biology. Candidates from agricultural science and nutritional science backgrounds are also welcome to apply.
- Chemistry / physics / statistics / mathematics / computer application / computer science to pursue research in the interdisciplinary various research areas.
For Chemical Sciences
- Bright and motivated candidates who have passed the M.Sc. examination with minimum 55% marks in any field of Chemistry or Physics. There are two different channels for the admission in the Ph.D. programme.
For Mathematics and Statistics
- Bayesian Statistics: A Master’s degree in Statistics with a minimum of 55% marks or CGPA/CPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale and successful qualification in National Level Examinations such as GATE/NBHM/NET etc.
- Bio-Mathematics: A Master’s degree, with minimum 55% marks or CGPA/CPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale, in any field of Applied Mathematics, Applied Statistics Biotechnology, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Statistics and successful qualification in National Level Examinations such as GATE/NBHM/NET etc.
- Several Complex Variables and Spectral Graph Theory: A Master’s degree in Mathematics with a minimum of 55% marks or CGPA/CPI of 6.5 on a 10-point scale and successful qualification in National Level Examinations such as GATE/NBHM/NET etc.
List of shortlisted candidates (based on merit, subject specialization, and required research area) for an interview will be published on the IISER-Kolkata website.
The Institute will not provide any TA/DA or accommodation for attending the interview.
The selected candidates will receive the offer letter containing also the last date for joining shortly after the interview.
Selected candidates for test/interview should bring a hard copy of application along with the required documents listed below at the time of test/interview:
- Attested copies of mark sheets and certificates of all examinations starting from high school leaving certificate
- two letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes)
- photo identity and
- proof of age
Course Work and Laboratory Rotation
The Research fellows may have to do coursework and laboratory rotations during the first semester depending on which Department they join. The course content will be decided by the Department concerned for each student according to his / her need.
For any additional query email us at [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I did not take a printout of my application. What should I do?
Yes, you can take the printout of your application at any time. To take the printout, please click here.
2. I did not take a printout of my statement of purpose(SOP). What should I do?
Yes, you can take the printout of your SOP at any time. To take the printout, please click here.
3. Is there a prescribed format for a recommendation letter?
Yes, there is a prescribed format for the recommendation letter which can be downloaded here: [PDF][DOC]. We need two letters from your teachers assessing your knowledge, aptitude for higher studies. These letters should be sealed and signed across by the recommender. It is important to bring these two letters during the interview.
4. Will I get any accommodation in IISER Kolkata during the interview?
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide accommodation to interview attendees at this point. However, the list of hotels near the campus could be found here.
5. Is there any faculty member who is specializing in the topic of my interest?
Please go through the department wise listing of faculty members and find out the research interest that matches with yours. If you have specific questions regarding any scientific detail of the research, we encourage you to contact the faculty members directly to clarify your doubt.
6. When do I have my interview?
We do publish department wise listing of candidates shortlisted for interviews. In that list, you will find the date when your interview is scheduled for.
7. Where do I go for my interview?
All our interviews are conducted in the Lecture Hall Complex at IISERK Main campus at Mohanpur. You will find the direction to reach campus gate number 7 from here.
8. Do I have to bring photocopies of original documents?
We always recommend you to bring two sets of photocopies of the original documents.
9. What are the documents that I have to bring during the interview?
You should bring the following documents:
- Photo ID Proof
- Hard copy of the application with signature
- Attested copies of all the relevant academic records, such as mark sheets and certificates of all examinations starting from the secondary level
- Fellowship award letter / Admit Card + Result
- Two recommendation letters (in the prescribed format) in sealed envelopes
10. Do I get transport allowance?
IISER Kolkata does not provide transport allowance for attending the interview.
11. Do I need to stay overnight for my interview?
Your interview will be over by 6 pm on the specified interview date. However, you need to account for the time it takes to reach Kolkata from Mohanpur before you plan your travel.