Indian Institute of Science Education and Research – Thiruvananthapuram (IISER – TVM), offers admission to the Ph.D. Programme in various research areas. Applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the Ph.D. Programme of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research – Thiruvananthapuram (IISER-TVM), starting August 2018. IISER has released the admission schedule for Ph.D. Programme August session 2018. Candidates can check the details of IISER Thiruvananthapuram Ph.D. Admission August 2018 application form, eligibility criteria, selection procedure, and other information are given on this page to make it convenient for candidates who are interested.
IISER Thiruvananthapuram Ph.D. Admission August 2018
Applications for admission to the Ph.D. Programme of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research – Thiruvananthapuram (IISER-TVM), has been started. IISER – TVM provides admission to various research in different fields such as Biological science, Chemical Science, Mathematical Science, and Physical Science. Candidate can opt for the research area as per their respected field. The application process has been started, the schedule is given below, interested candidate can check the schedule.
|Start date of online application from||02 Mar 2018|
|Last date of receipt of the application form||30 Apr 2018|
|Downloading of Hall Ticket||to be announced|
|Written Test||to be announced|
|Declaration of Result||to be announced|
Application Form 2018
Those candidates who are interested in applying for IISER Thiruvananthapuram Ph.D. Admission August 2018 are required to send their applications in the prescribed format on or before the scheduled date. Candidates are advised to go through eligibility criteria before applying. Interested candidates can apply online from the given below link or they can apply through the official website.
Application Form: Click here to apply online for IISER – TVM August 2018.
- General/OBC Candidates: Rs. 500/-
- SC/ST Candidates: Rs. 250/-
How to apply
Applicants should complete the online application form from the given above link. [ Only Properly submitted applications would be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Do not forget to click the “Submit Application” button after completing your application ]
- Applicants will also be prompted to upload all the supporting documents, like photograph, signature, community certificate and national level examination (CSIR/NBHM/Inspire etc) online.
- Applicants should provide Name/Affiliation/Contact number and Email address of two referees in the application form.
- GE/OBC [SC/ST/PH] applicants are required to make a payment of Rs. 500/- [Rs. 250/-] as processing fee through the https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm
Choose Kerala -> Educational Institutions -> IISER Thiruvananthapuram -> PhD Application Fee
- On submission of the online application form, the applicants will receive an acknowledgment email with a unique application number.
- Applicants are NOT required to post the hard copy of the application to IISER-TVM.
- In case of any application related queries, please contact by email, addressed to the Ph.D. coordinator [[email protected]]. Any other mode of communication will not be entertained.
- Mere fulfilling the eligibility criterion does not entitle a candidate to be called for the test and interview.
Documents to be made ready before proceeding with the Application
- DU Reference No after payment of fees from SBI-Collect (Not to be upload but to be entered in the application).
- Click here for SBI Collect portal
- Applicants are required to make a payment of Rs. 500/- in case of GEN/OBC or Rs. 250/- in case of SC/ST/PH.
- Scanned passport size photo in the .jpg/.jpeg format not more than 500KB in size.
- Scanned signature in .jpg/.jpeg format nor more than 500KB in size.
- Scanned proof for DOB in the .jpg/.jpeg format not more than 2048KB in size.
- Scanned proof for Category (GEN applicants not required to upload) in the .jpg/.jpeg format not more than 2048KB in size.
- Scanned proof for clearing Secondary Level, Higher Secondary Level, Bachelors Level, and Masters Level examinations (Final year Masters applicants not required to upload the Masters Level examination document). Each in the .jpg/.jpeg format not more than 2048 KB in size.
- Scanned proof for clearing the National Level examinations. If the results are not yet declared, it is sufficient to upload any proof for appearing the examination (such as Hall tickets etc.) which has the candidate’s application/roll number. Each in a .jpg/.jpeg format not more than 2048 KB in size.
- Biology applicants should prepare a “Statement of Purpose”. (Not to be upload but to be entered in the application).
- Master’s degree (A five-year degree after +2 level) in Biological Sciences/Chemical Sciences/Physical Sciences/ Mathematics/ Bioinformatics/ Agricultural Sciences/ Veterinary Sciences or a Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS). The qualifying degree should have been obtained within 5 years as on August 1st, 2018.
- The applicant must have a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA 6.5 on a scale of 10, or equivalent. According to your mark list if your CGPA is not calculated on a scale of 10, please convert the CGPA to a scale of 10 and enter in the space provided.
- Qualification in one of the following national level tests, with validity as on August 1st, 2018: CSIR-UGC-JRF/ DBT-JRF (Category I)*/ ICMR-JRF*/ Ranks 1 to 90 in GATE (Ecology and Evolution)** /JGEEBILS (GS-2017)***. Or the candidate should be eligible for DST-Inspire Ph.D. fellowship.
* Only candidates whose ranks make them eligible to avail Category 1 DBT-Junior Research Fellowships tenable at any university/institution in India. Fellowships restricted to join DBT or ICMR sponsored projects are not eligible.
** GATE (EY) qualified candidates are eligible only for Ecology, Evolution, and Behaviour. GATE exam scores for other subjects will not be considered for Ph.D. admissions to IISER-TVM.
*** Candidates who appeared for the JGEEBILS 2017 test are eligible to apply. JGEEBILS candidates will be shortlisted based on the marks provided by the JGEEBILS examination organizers.
It is mandatory for all the candidates to submit a short research proposal of 300-400 words, which should clearly state a research problem you find interesting to address and how you approach towards solving this. While applying online, please upload this proposal under the section “Statement of Purpose”. Please note: This proposal does not need to be related to the research ongoing at the School of Biology IISER-TVM. The proposal will be used to evaluate your scientific aptitude and will be a major criterion for short-listing candidates for the interview. Your application will be treated as incomplete if you do not submit the short research proposal.
Short-listed candidates will have to appear for interviews conducted at IISER-TVM. There will be two rounds of interviews, conducted over three days. In case of a high turnout of candidates, an entrance exam will be conducted (based on Master’s level Biology questions for 70% marks and 12th level Physics, Math, Chemistry questions-together 30%) on the first day of interviews. Hence, all the short-listed candidates must report at IISER-TVM on the first day of the interviews. The final selection of candidates will solely be based on your performance during the interviews.
- The candidate must have a Master’s degree in Chemical Sciences with 60% marks or equivalent.
- The candidate must have qualified CSIR-UGC-JRF/GATE examinations valid as on August 1st, 2018 or DST INSPIRE Ph. D. fellowship.
- Previous research experience and quality publications will be considered as an added qualification.
- Master’s degree in Physical Sciences, Materials Science, Engineering, in areas closely related to the interests of the physics faculty at IISER TVM. 60% marks or equivalent is desirable.
- Qualifying in one of the following national level examinations with validity as on August 1st, 2018: GATE#/CSIR-UGC-JRF/JEST-2017/INSPIRE Ph.D. Fellowship.
Note: # Applicants with M.Tech need a GATE score valid as of August 1st, 2018.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics / Statistics / in a relevant area of science with a minimum CPI of 6.5 (or 60% of marks)
- Qualified for CSIR/UGC-JRF/GATE/INSPIRE Ph.D. Fellowship/NBHM JRF Fellowship, valid as on 01 August 2018. OR
- Qualified NBHM JRF Scholarship Written Exam 2018 and have received the NBHM interview call letter
- Master’s degree Engineering / Technology in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 6.5 (or 60% of marks) with valid GATE score as on August 01, 2018.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 7.0 (or 65% of marks), and a CSIR-UGC-JRF/NBHM JRF (or qualified NBHM JRF Scholarship Written Exam 2018 and have received the NBHM interview call letter) /GATE Fellowship valid as on August 01, 2018.
The shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview at IISER-TVM. The selection of the candidate will be based on different measuring points.
|Biological science||Will be based on the performance in two rounds of Interview|
|Chemical Science||will be based on the performance in the interview.|
|Physical science||Should be eligible|
|Mathematical Science||Will based on the marks in written test followed by the performance in the interview.|
Official Website: www.iisertvm.ac.in