Indian Institute of Science Education and Research – Thiruvananthapuram (IISER – TVM), offers admission to the Ph.D. Programme, starting January 2018. Details of IISER Thiruvananthapuram Ph.D Admission January 2018 application form, eligibility criteria, selection procedure and other information are given on this page to make it convenient for candidates who are interested.
IISER Thiruvananthapuram Ph.D Admission January 2018
Applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the Ph.D. Programme of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research – Thiruvananthapuram (IISER-TVM), starting January 2018.
Schedule for IISER Thiruvananthapuram Ph.D Admission January 2018 is given below.
|Start date of online application from||09 Sep 2017|
|Last date of receipt of the application form||10 Oct 2017|
|Announcement of shortlisted candidates||20 Oct 2017|
|Interview for the short-listed candidates Biological/Chemical/Physical Sciences||20 Nov to 24 Nov 2017|
List of candidates shortlisted for interview to the admission of PhD Programme – January 2018 has been uploaded on the official website, Which can also be checked through the direct link provided below.
Application Form 2018
Those candidates who are interested in applying for IISER Thiruvananthapuram Ph.D Admission January 2018 are required to send their applications in the prescribed format on or before scheduled date. Candidates are advised to go through eligibility criteria before applying. Interested candidates can apply online from the given below link.
- General/OBC Candidates: Rs. 200/-
- SC/ST Candidates: Rs. 100/-
How to apply
Applicants should complete the online application form from the given above link.
- Applicants should complete the online application form in the url http://appserv.iisertvm.ac.in/phd/. Before proceeding with the application please go through the required documents list which is to be made ready.
[ Only Properly submitted applications would be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Do not forget to click the “Submit Application” button after completing your application ]
- GE/OBC [SC/ST/PH] applicants are required to make a payment of Rs. 200/- [Rs. 100/-] as processing fee through the Powerjyoti Account.
- Applicants will also be prompted to upload all the supporting documents, like photograph, signature, community certificate and national level examination (CSIR/NBHM/Inspire etc) online.
- Applicants should provide Name/Affiliation/Contact number and Email address of two referees in the application form.
- On submission of the online application form, the applicants will receive an acknowledgement email with a unique application number.
- After Submitting the application an email will be sent to the refrees email address requesting his referee report to the candidate. Email will have a link where referee should fill the online referee report form. The candidates are requested to make sure with their referees that their reference is submitted online on time.
- Applicants are NOT required to post hard copy of the application to IISER-TVM.
- In case of any application related queries, please contact by email, addressed to the PhD coordinator [[email protected]]. Any other mode of communication will not be entertained.
Documents to be made ready before proceeding with the Applicaiton
- Paid powerjoti chalan with the Statebank branch code & Journal number ( No need to upload the chalan but the applicants have to enter the State bank branch code & Journal number in the application)
- Powerjoti chalan can be downloaded from here
- Applicants are required to make a payment of Rs. 200/- in case of GEN/OBC or Rs. 100/- in case of SC/ST/PH as processing fee through the Powerjyoti Account.
- Scanned passport size photo in .jpg/.jpeg format not more than 500KB in size.
- Scanned singaure in .jpg/.jpeg format nor more than 500KB in size.
- Scanned proof for DOB in .jpg/.jpeg format not more than 2048KB in size.
- Scanned proof for Category (GEN applicants not requied to upload) in .jpg/.jpeg format not more than 2048KB in size.
- Scanned proof for clearing Secondary Level, Higher Secondary Level, Bachelors Level and Masters Level examinations (Final year Masters applicants not required to upload the Masters Level examination document). Each in .jpg/.jpeg format not more than 2048 KB in size.
- Scanned proof for clearing the National Level examinations. If the results are not yet declared , it is sufficient to upload any proof for appearing the examination (such as Hall tickets etc.) which has the candidate’s application/roll number. Each in .jpg/.jpeg format not more than 2048 KB in size.
- Applicants should prepare a “Statement of Purpose”. (Not to be upload but to be entered in the application).
- Master’s degree (A five-year degree after +2 level) in Biological Sciences/Chemical Sciences/Physical Sciences/ Mathematics/ Bioinformatics/ Agricultural Sciences/ Veterinary Sciences or a Bachelor Degree in Medicine (MBBS). The qualifying degree should have been obtained within 5 years as on January 1st, 2018.
- The applicant must have a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA 6.5 on a scale of 10, or equivalent. According to your mark list if your CGPA is not calculated on a scale of 10, please convert the CGPA to a scale of 10 and enter in the space provided.
- Qualification in one of the following national level tests, with validity as on 1st January 2018: CSIR-UGC-JRF/ DBT-JRF (Category I)*/ ICMR-JRF*/ Ranks 1 to 90 in GATE (Ecology and Evolution)** /JGEEBILS (GS-2017)***. Or the candidate should be eligible for DST-Inspire PhD fellowship.
* Only candidates whose ranks make them eligible to avail Category 1 DBT-Junior Research Fellowships tenable at any university/institution in India. Fellowships restricted to join DBT or ICMR sponsored projects are not eligible.
** GATE (EY) qualified candidates are eligible only for Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour. GATE exam scores for other subjects will not be considered for PhD admissions to IISER-TVM.
*** Candidates who appeared for the JGEEBILS 2017 test are eligible to apply. JGEEBILS candidates will be shortlisted based on the marks provided by the JGEEBILS examination organizers.
- The candidate must have a Master’s degree in Chemical Sciences with 60% marks or equivalent.
- The candidate must have qualified CSIR-UGC-JRF/GATE examinations valid as on 1st January 2018 or DST INSPIRE Ph. D. fellowship.
- Master’s degree in Physical Sciences, Materials Science, Engineering (Biomedical, Instrumentation, Electrical, Electronic, and Communication Engineering), in areas closely related to the interests of the physics faculty at IISER TVM. 60% marks or equivalent is desirable.
- Qualifying in one of the following national level examination with validity as on 1st January 2018: GATE#/CSIR-UGC-JRF/JEST-2017/INSPIRE Ph.D. Fellowship.
Note: # Applicants with M.Tech need a GATE score valid as of 1st Jan 2017.
The shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview at IISER-TVM. The selection of the candidate will be based on the performance in the interview.
For Complete information regarding IISER Thiruvananthapuram Ph.D Admission January 2018, Candidates can go to the Official website given below.
Click here for Official Website